• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Will You Buy An RTX 4090?

Will You Buy An RTX 4090?

• Yes, on release even if I have to buy one from a scalper

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Yes, on release if I can get one at close to MSRP

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Yes, eventually

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 16 7.4%
  • No

Votes: 169 78.2%
  • Yes, I will buy one for other uses than gaming

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
running games at 1440p at 60 fps and medium-high settings, which is already above average gamer needs
That is your opinion.

I prefer high fps (120+) gaming @1440p in several games..

Example, GTA V looks like a sh1t slide show @ 60fps imo.....

System Name Shizuka
Processor Intel Core i5 10400F
Motherboard Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
Cooling Scythe Choten
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill Aegis 2666 MHz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Dragon V2 RX 580 8GB ~100 watts in Wattman
Storage 512GB WD Blue + 256GB WD Green + 4TH Toshiba X300
Display(s) BenQ BL2420PT
Case Cooler Master Silencio S400
Audio Device(s) Topping D10 + AIWA NSX-V70
Power Supply Chieftec A90 550W (GDP-550C)
Mouse Steel Series Rival 100
Keyboard Hama SL 570
Software Windows 10 Enterprise
That is your opinion.

I prefer high fps (120+) gaming @1440p in several games..
Steam HW and settings survey isn't an opinion and you are niche, rather small nice too and well you have moeny for that kind of hardware, not everyone does. Also people play tons fo older games too.

Example, GTA V looks like a sh1t slide show @ 60fps imo.....
Okay, edgelord.

kirkle8

I'm getting a 4090 delivered this week, upgrading from a 2080 Ti. I bought a 4K OLED mid-30 series and took the "just wait" approach. I'm looking forward to 120fps 4k gaming.

Reactions: N/A
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
Maybe interesting for some that bought a 4090

Screenshot 2022-10-17 182453.png

Again, any data to support that? You are just talking out of yer bum.
Since you start this nonsense, you prove up first. Go on let's see you try..

Sorry for being harsh, but it really gringds my gears, when Lex doesn't seem to understand taht there is some supply and demand curve and there is some optimal point in it set by quntity and price variables. Also it's not just that curve, but also certain fixed overhead from company, which doesn't scale linearly with amount of units produced. This is truly economics 101, not some advanced shit. Market that could allow such a high expense is also dynamic and unstable, mining boom ending basically means that it got smaller and now RTX 4090 basically has to serve more gamers/prosumers. Despite the fact that Ada cards are basically cut down enterprise cards, nVidia just can't charge margins like they do with pro cards in consumer market and basically all consumer tier products are inherently lower margin products than enterprise ones and those are still lower margin products than data center ones. nVidia msot likely puts the most RnD into data center, that's why they already have newer arch and process node, then scale it down to enterprise, then sees the yields, stability and only then after long development process they finally end up as gamer products like RTX 4090. And your typical gaming bro is actually the most unstable and intollerant market as gaming is just entertainment and if gamer bro doesn't have cash for it, then entertainment and superfulous expenses are going to get axed first, therefore prices can't be too high for even RTX 4090, which already targets rich people with cash to burn. And hello, but we are now into worldwide recession, after what I would call a temporary boom (post lockdown people seemingly wanted to spend a lotand stocks went high for no reason), therefore nVidia won't sell as many cards in general and units soldwill be much lower for highest and high tiers of cards in consumer markets. Enterprises and data centers don't care so much about that, becasue they must buy cards to make dollars, but for us it's just gaming, maybe streaming and perhaps occasionally some amateurish video production. Having actual numbers would us see that effect more clearly, but Lex seems to be saying that it isn't how nVidia works and there are many people wanting and actually buying xx90 tier cards. He just seems to be disconnected from reality. Not to mention taht besides recession on worldwide scale, whole European market ahd energy prices climb times in price and people may legit go broke due to their energy bills, so unlike ever before, people are super vigilant about wattage of cards, which again makes RTX 4090 less appealing product. And even if yo uhave money for energy, perhaps you will save it anyway, just for showing solidarity. On top of all this, used cards got faster and cheaper. You can get GTX 1080 for 250 EUR and it beats RX 6600, not to mention that it is capable of running games at 1440p at 60 fps and medium-high settings, which is already above average gamer needs, therefore RTX xx90 cards aaren't a necessity or requirement for entertainment, but rather just something nice if you are feeling like yo ucan and want to splurge money on something superfluous. Reality is that such audience got squeezed hard and nVidia will have to take a haircut. Dutch tulips withered, the music stopped...
That was adorable. And no, that nonsense doesn't count.

Maybe interesting for some that bought a 4090

View attachment 265852
That's very clever. Should make a lot of people's installs much easier.

System Name Shizuka
Cooling Scythe Choten
Display(s) BenQ BL2420PT
Keyboard Hama SL 570
Since you start this nonsense, you prove up first. Go on let's see you try..
And so I did, even if it was very obvious. I checked 2021's annual report and found out that in 2021nVidia made a bit more than half money from gaming sector. Big surprise, but mining was in others category with tiny percentage. You would think that nV sold more cards to "gamers" (well to miners that is), but that's false, because their gaming revenue share remained basically the same since 2016. And even absolute revenue changed very little. What did grow a lot was data center revenue share, but that's neither gamers or miners, so we don't care about that here.

I wanted to find how many of each card was sold, but sadly wasn't able to find that data. So I had to resort to next best thing, the Steam survey. I thought about including price into equation too, but there's no good data about it and including MSRPs into that table would have been disingenuous at best. Also it's not really critical for us too, to see where approximately cut off point is, where cards sold clearly drops off and here is it, the chart:
1666053594079.png

Here you see a percentage of Steam users with card used to play games and card models. I didn't include RTX 3050 Ti, because it wasn't launched worldwide and most likely OEM only deal. I also had to include normal RTX 3080 model with 12GB model, because Steam HW survey sees them as same card, despite the fact that their core count and vRAM differ. And obviously RTX 3090 Ti has less than 0.15% player share and was lumped together into "others" category, so it's unclear how many were sold.

As you can see most popular card was RTX 3060, it managed to reach 3.40% Steam gamer share. You can see less RTX 3050s sold, perhaps due to worse value per dollar, maybe because it was worse value than RX 6600 and perhaps of its performance or perception of its performance weren't met (because it was usually 75 watt card without power connector needed). You can see that beyond RTX 3060 sales dropped dramatically, literally twice, despite there not being 2 times price delta. Surprisingly RTX 3070 reversed that trend a bit, but then RTX 3070 Ti sold more than 2 times than RTX 3070. Past this point strong diminishing returns are already observed, but there seems to exist rich people market and products. RTX 3080 sold relatively well, but that's technically two cards so data is unreliable. Then we have RTX 3080 Ti, it finally sold worse less than RTX 3070 Ti, but we don't see sales reduction in times anymore. RTX 3090 sold worse than RTX 3080 Ti, again, no tiems worse sales, but it seems that units sold slightly accelerated. And finally we have the RTX 3090, at this point we see the most dramatic reduction in units sold, how much is unclear, but it's less than 0.15% share of all cards used on Steam and that works out at at least 3 or 4 times less units sold than RTX 3090, despite there not being equivalent price increase. So basically RTX 3090 was the highest end SKU that nVidia could ever hope to sell well. Obviously it didn't cost MSRP, so I had to find the range of prices and here I found them:

We can see that over 2021 price range on eBay was between 2599 dollars and 3107 dollars. So what, you were right all along? Well not at all. All data so far seems to indicate that you were right, but let's take a look at 2022 data, basically after ETH croaked:

Basically three month range was just 1270-1700 dollars for RTX 3090 and that's the SKU that is the selling "well" for highest end ones still and after mining haze dissipated, we see that miners made problem worse, but gamers clearly didn't want to pay those high prices and let's talk about RTX 3090 Ti. Its price range was 1470-2000 dollars and market thinks it's clearly too much for it. So on average of 3 months, RTX 3090 cost around 1523 dollars and that was the most gamers would buy. RTX 3090 Ti's average price of 1707 dollars, was already too high for gamers. So basically ~1500 USD is the max that gamers will want to pay for GPU, no matter how fast it is. Meanwhile the most optimal cards for vast majority of people were RTX 3060 and RTX 3070. Those cars are now in 400-600 USD range.

So yeah, 3000 dollar GPU today would make zero sense and no it won't sell well at all, not even at high end. Whether it would work out financially for nV even with low units sold is unknown, but most likely it won't. nVidia can make the most cash with RTX xx80 tier cards, granted they sell well, if that's fails then they have to rely on RTX xx60 or RTX xx70 tier cards for most profit. Also it looks like there may not be RTX xx90 Ti tier card anymore, as RTX 4090 is already huge GPU, which has more cores than their best GPU Hopper H100 and RTX 4090 basically has almost the same transistor count too and no, nVidia won't release even bigger die for consumers (or in SMX form factor). Hopper H100 cannot be given to gamers, because we already have Ampere and Ada archs, having a third arch for the beefiest car just wouldn't make sense, especially when Ada hasn't really paid off yet. It would only tarnish a reputation of nV, not to mention will ruin their next gen of architecture's reputation and they would have to throw together new arch in basically no time without lithography improvement and this time just making dies bigger doesn't work, because we already are at hard power limits.

That was adorable. And no, that nonsense doesn't count.
My advice for you next time. Stop being a clown, gather data and have some common sense about basic economics and don't assume that crazy hype lasts forever.

And so I did, even if it was very obvious. I checked 2021's annual report and found out that in 2021nVidia made a bit more than half money from gaming sector. Big surprise, but mining was in others category with tiny percentage. You would think that nV sold more cards to "gamers" (well to miners that is), but that's false, because their gaming revenue share remained basically the same since 2016. And even absolute revenue changed very little. What did grow a lot was data center revenue share, but that's neither gamers or miners, so we don't care about that here.

I wanted to find how many of each card was sold, but sadly wasn't able to find that data. So I had to resort to next best thing, the Steam survey. I thought about including price into equation too, but there's no good data about it and including MSRPs into that table would have been disingenuous at best. Also it's not really critical for us too, to see where approximately cut off point is, where cards sold clearly drops off and here is it, the chart:
1666053594079.png

Here you see a percentage of Steam users with card used to play games and card models. I didn't include RTX 3050 Ti, because it wasn't launched worldwide and most likely OEM only deal. I also had to include normal RTX 3080 model with 12GB model, because Steam HW survey sees them as same card, despite the fact that their core count and vRAM differ. And obviously RTX 3090 Ti has less than 0.15% player share and was lumped together into "others" category, so it's unclear how many were sold.

As you can see most popular card was RTX 3060, it managed to reach 3.40% Steam gamer share. You can see less RTX 3050s sold, perhaps due to worse value per dollar, maybe because it was worse value than RX 6600 and perhaps of its performance or perception of its performance weren't met (because it was usually 75 watt card without power connector needed). You can see that beyond RTX 3060 sales dropped dramatically, literally twice, despite there not being 2 times price delta. Surprisingly RTX 3070 reversed that trend a bit, but then RTX 3070 Ti sold more than 2 times than RTX 3070. Past this point strong diminishing returns are already observed, but there seems to exist rich people market and products. RTX 3080 sold relatively well, but that's technically two cards so data is unreliable. Then we have RTX 3080 Ti, it finally sold worse less than RTX 3070 Ti, but we don't see sales reduction in times anymore. RTX 3090 sold worse than RTX 3080 Ti, again, no tiems worse sales, but it seems that units sold slightly accelerated. And finally we have the RTX 3090, at this point we see the most dramatic reduction in units sold, how much is unclear, but it's less than 0.15% share of all cards used on Steam and that works out at at least 3 or 4 times less units sold than RTX 3090, despite there not being equivalent price increase. So basically RTX 3090 was the highest end SKU that nVidia could ever hope to sell well. Obviously it didn't cost MSRP, so I had to find the range of prices and here I found them:
We can see that over 2021 price range on eBay was between 2599 dollars and 3107 dollars. So what, you were right all along? Well not at all. All data so far seems to indicate that you were right, but let's take a look at 2022 data, basically after ETH croaked:
Basically three month range was just 1270-1700 dollars for RTX 3090 and that's the SKU that is the selling "well" for highest end ones still and after mining haze dissipated, we see that miners made problem worse, but gamers clearly didn't want to pay those high prices and let's talk about RTX 3090 Ti. Its price range was 1470-2000 dollars and market thinks it's clearly too much for it. So on average of 3 months, RTX 3090 cost around 1523 dollars and that was the most gamers would buy. RTX 3090 Ti's average price of 1707 dollars, was already too high for gamers. So basically ~1500 USD is the max that gamers will want to pay for GPU, no matter how fast it is. Meanwhile the most optimal cards for vast majority of people were RTX 3060 and RTX 3070. Those cars are now in 400-600 USD range.

So yeah, 3000 dollar GPU today would make zero sense and no it won't sell well at all, not even at high end. Whether it would work out financially for nV even with low units sold is unknown, but most likely it won't. nVidia can make the most cash with RTX xx80 tier cards, granted they sell well, if that's fails then they have to rely on RTX xx60 or RTX xx70 tier cards for most profit. Also it looks like there may not be RTX xx90 Ti tier card anymore, as RTX 4090 is already huge GPU, which has more cores than their best GPU Hopper H100 and RTX 4090 basically has almost the same transistor count too and no, nVidia won't release even bigger die for consumers (or in SMX form factor). Hopper H100 cannot be given to gamers, because we already have Ampere and Ada archs, having a third arch for the beefiest car just wouldn't make sense, especially when Ada hasn't really paid off yet. It would only tarnish a reputation of nV, not to mention will ruin their next gen of architecture's reputation and they would have to throw together new arch in basically no time without lithography improvement and this time just making dies bigger doesn't work, because we already are at hard power limits.
That was a very lengthy explanation, matched only by it's uselessness. You are disregarding several points, which include worldwide inflation, eliteism and the fact that even non-rich/wealthy people would pay for the best. Your attempt at sidestepping is refused and disregarded.

System Name custom
Processor intel i7 9700
Motherboard asrock taichi z370
Cooling EK-AIO 360 D-RGB
Memory 24G Kingston HyperX Fury 2666mhz
Video Card(s) GTX 2080 Ti FE
Storage SSD 960GB crucial + 2 Crucial 500go SSD + 2TO crucial M2
Display(s) BENQ XL2420T
Case Lian-li o11 dynamic der8auer Edition
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply corsair ax1200i
Mouse MX518 legendary edition
Keyboard gigabyte Aivia Osmium
VR HMD PSVR2
Software windows 11
When the game need it?

i don’t see the point having such card and running games at 500fps

i would need triple monitor at 4k
And change my entire PC

I am a gamer and use my gpu card for gaming. Not mining or working.

Maybe in 2/3years I will but I am good for now (and there will be new card)

I am waiting for PSVR2

I skipped 3000 series and will do the same with 4000

System Name Shizuka
Cooling Scythe Choten
Display(s) BenQ BL2420PT
Keyboard Hama SL 570
That was a very lengthy explanation, matched only by it's uselessness. You are disregarding several points, which include worldwide inflation, eliteism and the fact that even non-rich/wealthy people would pay for the best. Your attempt at sidestepping is refused and disregarded.
Okay, show me your data. You either do this or you are just irrelevant clown living in Metaverse.

System Name custom
Processor intel i7 9700
Motherboard asrock taichi z370
Cooling EK-AIO 360 D-RGB
Memory 24G Kingston HyperX Fury 2666mhz
Video Card(s) GTX 2080 Ti FE
Storage SSD 960GB crucial + 2 Crucial 500go SSD + 2TO crucial M2
Display(s) BENQ XL2420T
Case Lian-li o11 dynamic der8auer Edition
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply corsair ax1200i
Mouse MX518 legendary edition
Keyboard gigabyte Aivia Osmium
VR HMD PSVR2
Software windows 11
I'm getting a 4090 delivered this week, upgrading from a 2080 Ti. I bought a 4K OLED mid-30 series and took the "just wait" approach. I'm looking forward to 120fps 4k gaming.
can you identify your 4k OLED display for 120fps gaming please?

System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R9 5950X Stock
Motherboard X570 Aorus Master/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory 32 GB 4x8GB 4000CL15 Trident Z Royal/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) LG G2 65/LG C1 48/ LG 27GP850/ MSI 27 inch VA panel 1440p165hz
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum/ Logitech G Pro
can you identify your 4k OLED display for 120fps gaming please?

Probably an LG C1 or CX as they are the best for gaming currently. C2 is probably too recent.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750w G+, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
System Name msdos
Processor 8086
Motherboard mainboard
Cooling passive
Memory 640KB + 384KB extended
Video Card(s) EGA
Storage 5.25"
Display(s) 80x25
Case plastic
Audio Device(s) modchip
Power Supply 45 watts
Mouse serial
Keyboard yes
Software disk commander
Benchmark Scores still running
Are we really expecting the future 4090 Ti to clock in at USD$2200 per wccftech?

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Tens of them, eventually, provided they can show benefits beyond a 3090.

The performance isn't really relevant beyond a certain amount, but 24GB VRAM has plenty of use in workstations and the RTX A5000 is woefully expensive (3x the price of a 3090 these days and as slow as a 3070)

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
Are we really expecting the future 4090 Ti to clock in at USD$2200 per wccftech?
That'll be more like $5500+ here in Gougelandastan as the ROG Strix RTX4090 is already at an nauseating $4399 Gougelandastani Plunketts

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X (OC)
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 A-RGB
Memory 4x8GB (32GB) G.Skill Trident Z Royal Gold @ 3733MHz CL14 (14-14-14-28)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X
Storage Samsung 990 PRO 2TB w/ Heatsink SSD + Seagate FireCuda 530 SSD 2TB w/ Heatsink
Display(s) LG OLED C9 55" (4K@120Hz 12-bit RGB with G-SYNC)
Case CoolerMaster H500M (Mesh)
Audio Device(s) AKG N90Q with AudioQuest DragonFly Red (USB DAC)
Power Supply Corsair AX1500i (1500W 80+ Titanium)
Mouse Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 Pro
Software Windows 10 64-bit
I am waiting for the 4090 Ti since I play at 4K but the 4090 is a great GPU too!

System Name Shizuka
Cooling Scythe Choten
Display(s) BenQ BL2420PT
Keyboard Hama SL 570
I am waiting for the 4090 Ti since I play at 4K but the 4090 is a great GPU too!
I doubt there will be one. At best one with slightly increased clock speeds, but 4090 already uses too many watts, so not very likely.

System Name 1. Glasshouse 2. Odin OneEye
Processor 1. Ryzen 9 5900X (manual PBO) 2. Ryzen 9 7900X
Motherboard 1. MSI x570 Tomahawk wifi 2. Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 670E
Cooling 1. Noctua NH D15 Chromax Black 2. Custom Loop 3x360mm (60mm) rads & T30 fans/Aquacomputer NEXT w/b
Memory 1. G Skill Neo 16GBx4 (3600MHz 16/16/16/36) 2. Kingston Fury 16GBx2 DDR5 CL36
Video Card(s) 1. Asus Strix Vega 64 2. Powercolor Liquid Devil 7900XTX
Storage 1. Corsair Force MP600 (1TB) & Sabrent Rocket 4 (2TB) 2. Kingston 3000 (1TB) and Hynix p41 (2TB)
Display(s) 1. Samsung U28E590 10bit 4K@60Hz 2. LG C2 42 inch 10bit 4K@120Hz
Case 1. Corsair Crystal 570X White 2. Cooler Master HAF 700 EVO
Audio Device(s) 1. Creative Speakers 2. Built in LG monitor speakers
Power Supply 1. Corsair RM850x 2. Superflower Titanium 1600W
Mouse 1. Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro (grey) 2. Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro (black)
Keyboard Leopold High End Mechanical
Software Windows 11
There is no good reason not to wait for RDNA 3 to compare.

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
Sold out. Nvidia should price the next generation at 3000$, they are stupid if they don't.

System Name DaBeast! DaBeast2!
Processor AMD AM4 Ryzen 9 5900X 12C24T/AMD AM4 RYZEN 9 3900X 12C/24T
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme/Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 360/Thermalright PA 120 SE
Memory 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT DDR4 3600C16/2x 16GB Patriot Elite II DDR4 4000MHz
Video Card(s) XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX 24GB/Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT 16GB
Storage 500GB Crucial P3 Plus NVMe PCIe 4x4 + 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe PCIe 4x4 + TG Cardea Zero Z NVMe PCIe 4x4
Display(s) Samsung LC49HG90DMEX 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2/Acer XR341CK 75Hz 21:9 Freesync
Case CoolerMaster H500M/SOLDAM XR-1
Audio Device(s) iFi Micro iDSD BL + Philips Fidelio B97/FostexHP-A4 + LG SP8YA
Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Platinum/Enermax MAXREVO 1500
Mouse Logitech G703/Logitech G603 WL
Keyboard Logitech G613/Keychron K2
Software Win11 Pro/Win11 Pro
Just gonna chime in that my vote is an emphatic 'No', I have my eyes set on AMD's offerings, namely the RX 7900 XT (since I'll only be able to buy one from February onward, I'll be in Canada for next few months, I might even see if AMD has anything on the RX 7950 XT). Though I suspect it'd prolly not be able to match the RTX 4090 in RT, but for pure rasterized performance (no DLSS, no FSR) I'm expecting it to come close to or match the RTX 4090.