• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tropico 6 - New Frontiers Touches Down on PC

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Publisher Kalypso Media and in-house developer Realmforge Studios are over the moon to announce that Tropico 6 - New Frontiers is out now for PC. Whilst a certain billionaire is distracted by the chaos at Twitter, El Presidente has decided that now is the perfect time for a little space exploration of his own if he truly wants to become the richest man in the universe. SpaceX who?

In Tropico 6 - New Frontiers, players are tasked with ensuring Tropico stays ahead of the international competition. It's a wide world out there and El Prez is taking his persuasion tactics to galactic heights. With the new Space Port Complex, players will embark on launching Tropico into a glorious new future as they construct rockets and delve into research. Take on the Space Race, walk on the Moon and establish the first Mars colony of humankind with the all-new Mission Mars campaign. New characters, buildings and edicts open countless possibilities to make more money, keep your citizens happy and improve upon that Tropican perfection. You can even customise a fresh look for El Prez and his palace that is out of this world. But be warned, even with a stellar plan there is no greater risk than space exploration and who knows what unforeseen circumstances await. You'll need to be creative if you want to claim glory for Tropico.

Want more cosmic content? With the just-released Tropico 6 update, El Prez is also happy to provide some new content for the citizens of Tropico, including bug fixes and a new free landmark, the Moonlander - as long as you vote correctly of course. Tropico 6 - New Frontiers will also be showcased during the game's first live stream with the developers on Friday 2nd December at 6pm GMT/ 7pm CET over on Kalypso Live.

Tropico 6 - New Frontiers is out now for PC. The cosmic DLC will blast off for PlayStation 4|5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S consoles on 15th December.

Let the space race begin!

Features
  • Reach for the stars with Tropico 6 - New Frontiers: Together with the brand-new Spaceport Complex, the new mechanics open up exciting possibilities for you to play sandbox scenarios and significantly expand the end-game experience. Expanding your Mars colony by sending more and more Tropicans into space not only gets rid of unwelcome citizens, but also secures valuable bonuses for your island nation.
  • Mission Mars: The new campaign with 5 missions lets Tropico compete against the international competition in the research race. Meet new and familiar characters from the Tropico series, including the Professor, Hector Sanchez, Patch and Veronica Veneno, and lead your nation into a glorious future!
  • 9 new buildings shoot to the sky! Complete your assembly lines in the new Spaceport Complex and meet the increased energy demand with the Fusion Reactor and the Reclaimer. With the new vertical stacking mechanic, you can expand the Capsule Cluster, Agriculture Tower and Synthetic Food Lab to meet the needs of your subjects. You can also show the world how modern and entertaining Tropico is with the Hologram Funhouse.
  • New design options for your palace and El Presidente! With the additional decorations and an all-new accessory, you'll be perfectly prepared for the challenges of the space race!
  • 2 new edicts: Turn your space missions into more money with the "Space Soap Opera" or use "Hear the Call" to get your citizens to the spaceship.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

Does this one let you simulate US vote counting? Or would that be too banana republic-y?
It does. And many things more :nutkick:
I actually quite like the game. It's a good mixture of cozy city builder, laidback humour, and a bit of depth, but not too much.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
wow, I just re-downloaded this game! Guess gotta buy this now.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
Does this one let you simulate US vote counting? Or would that be too banana republic-y?
That's always been a thing in Tropico. If by US-vote counting, you mean legit (what it really is mostly) that's an option too. Well legit as in popular vote style with or without fraud. There is no "electoral college" shenanigans. ;) Would make little sense in a ~2000 resident island nation.

My biggest flaw in Tropico is I play such a goodguy it handicaps me. Thank goodness for diff sliders.

Re this expansion; always felt the space stuff was a bit over the top regarding your aparrent place in the world, but they seem insistent on pushing it in. Also, the world monument stealing in 6 is an afront to the classic Tropico players everywhere. Like you'd survive that kind of heist lol.

Last edited:
This type of game reminds me of the already dead Sim City franchise... sad end for the title.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
This type of game reminds me of the already dead Sim City franchise... sad end for the title.
The base game is actually worth getting on sale IMO. The DLCs are quite debatable.

I've had fun in it, even with my restricted style of play where I ignore completely impossible stuff.

Processor Intel i7 77OOK
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus something
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S dual fan
Memory Ballistix 32 Go
Video Card(s) MSI 3060 Gaming X
Storage Mixed bag of M2 SSD and SATA SSD
Display(s) MSI 34" 3440x1440 Artimys 343CQR
Case Old Corsair Obsidian something
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Old Antec HCG 620 still running good
Mouse Steelseries something
Keyboard Steelseries someting too
Benchmark Scores bench ? no time to lose with bench ! :)
My biggest flaw in Tropico is I play such a goodguy it handicaps me. Thank goodness for diff sliders.
Ah, ah, the same here.
Always try my best to help people ... fails at the end. (same applies in Frostpunk too).
These games pushes the "dictator" side of every gamer !

A good relax Sim these Tropico games, with some good music too.

System Name Dirt Sheep | Silent Sheep
Processor i5-2400 | 13900K (-0.025mV offset)
Motherboard Asus P8H67-M LE | Gigabyte AERO Z690-G, bios F26 with "Instant 6 GHz" on
Cooling Scythe Katana Type 1 | Noctua NH-U12A chromax.black
Memory G-skill 2*8GB DDR3 | Corsair Vengeance 4*32GB DDR5 5200Mhz C40 @4000MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 970GTX Mini | NV 1080TI FE (cap at 85%, 800mV)
Storage 2*SN850 1TB, 230S 4TB, 840EVO 128GB, WD green 2TB HDD, IronWolf 6TB, 2*HC550 18TB in RAID1
Display(s) LG 21` FHD W2261VP | Lenovo 27` 4K Qreator 27
Case Thermaltake V3 Black|Define 7 Solid, stock 3*14 fans+ 2*12 front&buttom+ out 1*8 (on expansion slot)
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 990 (or the screen speakers when I'm too lazy)
Power Supply Enermax Pro82+ 525W | Corsair RM650x (2021)
Mouse Logitech Master 3
Keyboard Roccat Isku FX
VR HMD Nop.
Software WIN 10 | WIN 11
Benchmark Scores CB23 SC: i5-2400=641 | i9-13900k=2325-2281 MC: i5-2400=i9 13900k SC | i9-13900k=37240-35500
Such a great series!
Will check this last iteration for sure.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Ah, ah, the same here.
Always try my best to help people ... fails at the end. (same applies in Frostpunk too).
These games pushes the "dictator" side of every gamer !

A good relax Sim these Tropico games, with some good music too.
Ah, yes, the music has always been Tropicos hidden gem.