• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD 5000+ and FX62 support socket 939

b1lk1

System Name Money pit
Processor Q2Q Q8300
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 deluxe WIFI AP@N
Cooling 120.2/Swiftech655/Apogee GT/DD Fillport & res
Memory OCZ PC3-1333MHZ 2X1GB/Kingston HYPERX PC3-1325MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD4830
Storage Seagate 7200.11 1TB
Display(s) Dell 2209WA
Case some crap 5 year old generic modded case
Audio Device(s) X-FI fagtality
Power Supply PC P&C 510W
Software Vista Premium 64
v-zero said:
I can't be bothered, people like you no longer deserve my attention, or anybody's. Go back and wallow in your own ironic sense of intelligence...

Because you only have a big mouth, no proof.

System Name Desktop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
Memory 4x8Gb Corsair 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Intel ARC A750 super special limited edition
Storage many
Display(s) Custom 124" 4K HDR Home Theater
Case NZXT S340
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply EVGA 700B1
Software Win 11 x64
V

v-zero

b1lk1 said:
Because you only have a big mouth, no proof.

Ah finally, grammar - hallelujah... There is proof floating about out there. The Hexus preview etc...

Edit: I am sorry to take it to this purely flame based level, but if you insist on showing that you have the intelligence of a small child, you can expect me to shout it in your ear. Opinions are ok when they have some decent basis, some ideology - but what you preach, it's just jumbled madness from an AMD fan. Nothing more of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

sinner33

System Name Pencil Pusher (Because I built it to surf the net)
Processor Intel X4 Quadcore Kentsfield @3.0Ghz @1.325V
Motherboard Gigabyte X38-DQ6
Cooling Zalman CNPS9500LED/Arctic Cooling MX-2 Paste
Memory 2x 2GB OCZ Reaper HPC 5,5,5,18 @ DDR2 1066
Video Card(s) Sapphire 3870x2 @825/1900
Storage 500GB Hitachi
Display(s) LG 24" LCD
Case Silverstone Lascala LC-17
Audio Device(s) DENON AVR-2808 RECEIVER W/ KLIPSCH SYSTEM/ ASUS XONAR D2 SOUND CARD
Power Supply Seasonic M12 700 WATT PSU
Software Windows Vista Premium 64Bit
Benchmark Scores 20000 3dMark06
Engineer sample or no for Conroe, it still doesn't stop the fact that a similarly clocked say 2.6ghz Conroe runs faster than a 2.6ghz AMD. And like the benchmarks go, nobody's been getting spectacular performance with the AM2's, but it does have a better overclockability to 3.0ghz dual core than the 939 counterparts on air cooling.

Last edited:

b1lk1

System Name Money pit
Processor Q2Q Q8300
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 deluxe WIFI AP@N
Cooling 120.2/Swiftech655/Apogee GT/DD Fillport & res
Memory OCZ PC3-1333MHZ 2X1GB/Kingston HYPERX PC3-1325MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD4830
Storage Seagate 7200.11 1TB
Display(s) Dell 2209WA
Case some crap 5 year old generic modded case
Audio Device(s) X-FI fagtality
Power Supply PC P&C 510W
Software Vista Premium 64
The entire reason I react the way I do is that these idiots turn every thread about the AM2 into a Conroe pissing contest. Did the title of this thread say a word about Intel? Was it a comparison for Intel VS AMD? AM2 was not designed to compete against Conroe. AM2 is designed to incorporate DDR2 ram. The next generation AMD CPU's are going to have to answe r to Conroe. Aquamark is a terrible benchmark to compare new hardware since it is so outdated. And as a matter of fact, Conroe has done 191K in Aquamark. All I am trying to say is the Intel fanboys are just as bad as us AMD fanboys. Let the retail parts talk for them.

V

v-zero

Considering most of my systems are AMD, I love AMD, and am happy to continue to use my 939 system, can I be called a fanboy? No. I simply have these weird things called, um, eyes. What they have read (and seen) tells me that: 1) Conroe Kicks AMD's ass, 2) AM2 was supposed to help combat Conroe, 3) Intel already have new designs in the works that will ensure K8L will be met with equal or better resistance.
The K8 is ageing, it is a great core, but we all get past our best...

sinner33

Storage 500GB Hitachi
Display(s) LG 24" LCD
Audio Device(s) DENON AVR-2808 RECEIVER W/ KLIPSCH SYSTEM/ ASUS XONAR D2 SOUND CARD
Sandman said:
Regardless of whether AM2 was meant to compete with conroe or not, it's going to. How different do you think the retail Conroe chips will be? The architecture is the same, so regardless of how well they clock, it's pretty clear that they will offer superior performance per MHz. And since they will be releasing them at speeds comperable to AMD's AM2 lineup, it's not too hard to guess which brand will be your best bet.

Would also like to add that the AM2's and the Conroe's will be the latest on the market since they come out pretty much within the same quarter. So of course, logically I would assume you would pick the superior core for more bang for the buck. Unless, that is, you fall under the catagory of AMD or Intel fanboy.

Though I love my AMD system to bits, I haven't closed my doors to Intel. The better deal will get my money :)

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Processor AMD R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Modded 240mm Coolermaster Liquidmaster
Memory 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz & custom timings
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Storage 250GB Asgard SSD, 1TB Integral SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) 27" BenQ Mobiuz
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E
Power Supply 1000w Supernova
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Fast. I don't need epeen.
Dear AMD & Intel fanboys,

It has come to my attention yet again that you are a naive cave-dwelling species. Rant and rave all you want about how Conroe or AM2 will "kick your arse" based on these early pre-release samples. The true proof, as the saying always goes, is in the pudding. As a result both of you get off your soap-boxes, sit back on the fence and shut the hell up until some real performance comparisons can be made. Particularly to note, real game benchmarks, such as how each system will be capable of handling such titles as CellFactor or UT2K7, and other such tasks as lame MP3 and DivX encoding.

Its really something isnt it? being able to bellow at the top of your lungs "yeah, well my CPU can do a spreadsheet @ 110FPS!"

Well I have a bigger penis.

Have a nice day :)

System Name Current
Processor Core i5 2500k
Motherboard Z77MA-G45
Cooling Cooler Master Tx3
Memory 8gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 960 4GB GDDR5
Storage (1) SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 IPS
Case Fractal Core 1000
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 430 Watt Corsair
Mouse Logitech g602
Keyboard K70 LUX Mech LB, Red LED, Cherry MX Brown
Software Windows 10 + Hackintosh
b1lk1 said:
The entire reason I react the way I do is that these idiots turn every thread about the AM2 into a Conroe pissing contest. Did the title of this thread say a word about Intel? Was it a comparison for Intel VS AMD? AM2 was not designed to compete against Conroe. AM2 is designed to incorporate DDR2 ram. The next generation AMD CPU's are going to have to answe r to Conroe. Aquamark is a terrible benchmark to compare new hardware since it is so outdated. And as a matter of fact, Conroe has done 191K in Aquamark. All I am trying to say is the Intel fanboys are just as bad as us AMD fanboys. Let the retail parts talk for them.

OK I'm sorry about the picture I personally thought it was a funny idea several other people got a good giggle out of it. Since the 5000 AM2 and FX 62 are just marketing schemes to have AMD try to appear the best for so much longer. If you don't realize AMD is trying to squeeze all the money out of the market it can get before Conroe launches because they know when it does launch its going to hurt. And mark my words AMD dual core prices will either (A) fall like a stone, or (B) sales will plummet (unless AMD Fanboys in denial think AM2 is better)

I'm sorry b1lk1 but honestly you say you want all this proof that conroe IS better then AM2, PROVE TO ME IT IS NOT! Were done trying to prove you wrong because your contradictory posts already do that for us, lets try this, you prove us wrong.

All I am trying to say is the Intel fanboys are just as bad as us AMD fanboys. Let the retail parts talk for them.

WHAT INTEL FANBOYS??? I HAVE NOT SEEN ONE SINGLE INTEL FANBOY ON THE TPU FORUMS.

Wikipedia Lesson

Wikipedia said:
Fanboy or Fanboi is a term used to describe someone who is utterly devoted to a single subject or hobby, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. The term originated in comic book circles, to describe someone who was socially insecure and used comics as a shield from interaction, hence the disparaging connotations. Fanboys are often experts on minor details regarding their hobbies, and they take these details extremely seriously. ......

The term (FANBOY) originated in comic book circles, to describe someone who immersed himself in the fictional worlds of comics and the culture of comics fandom. The term is often used in a derogatory manner by other less obsessed fans. In the songs of the fannish parody musician Luke Ski, many characters proudly consider themselves fanboys. The term is most commonly associated with adolescent and teen males but can be applicable to any age or sex. Common subjects of reverence by fanboys are TV shows, movies, anime, cars, video game consoles, video games, operating systems, MMORPGs, and software companies.

The stereotypical image of the fanboy is as an unkempt, socially awkward, young man who may be perceived as a loud mouthed pseudo-intellectual. A popular depiction of this stereotype is the Comic Book Guy on The Simpsons. As electronic entertainment gained popularity, the term became increasingly applied to video gamers and television addicts who readily labeled themselves.

The earliest use of the word "fanboy" has been dated to 1982, to the cover of the "Official Underground and Newave Comix Price Guide". On this cover page are sketched overweight, overzealous comic book collectors wearing T-shirts that state "Fanboys of America," and are describing the extreme measures they would go to, including moving to San Francisco, to preserve their comics. Another early use is in a smart-alec editorial reply by "Ambush Bug" to a letter in his comic in 1985.

Many fanboys can display an intense obsession with the object of their affections. This is often shown by their devotion to a company/product/character, often to the detriment of their sense of veracity. This condition often coincides with bouts of heavy denial and a marked resistance to any type of meaningful or significant change in the status quo of the obsession, as noted in the controversy surrounding the introduction of Green Lantern Kyle Rayner.

Hey looks like I'm not a fanboy cause I praise both. . . I have built tons of computers (As has V-zero, no offense, but most likely more then you will in your lifetime) and I'd have to say most have been AMD based.

-Excuse my bad spelling, and sorry to anyone who takes offense to this post. Also sorry for the wicked long post haha.

POGE

Processor Turion 64 ML-34 1.8Ghz
Motherboard Compaq Laptop Mobo
Cooling Stock Compaq Laptop Fan
Memory 1x 256 DDR333
Video Card(s) Radeon 200m
Storage 40GB 5200RPM HP
Display(s) Stock Laptop LCD
Case Laptop Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek
Power Supply Stock Laptop Powerbrick
Software Windows XP Pro
Ketxxx said:
Particularly to note, real game benchmarks, such as how each system will be capable of handling such titles as CellFactor or UT2K7, and other such tasks as lame MP3 and DivX encoding.

Its really something isnt it? being able to bellow at the top of your lungs "yeah, well my CPU can do a spreadsheet @ 110FPS!"

Well I have a bigger penis.

Have a nice day :)

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=5692&page=3

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
theres not a huge difference between them, generally 40-60 seconds. plus i mentioned cellfactor an ut2k7 specifically for a reason ;)

largely the results just back what i said, there isnt anything to really get excited about, recent games show marginal increases and encoding type work shows 40-60 seconds in favour of conroe. hardly anything earth-shattering.

sinner33

Storage 500GB Hitachi
Display(s) LG 24" LCD

That link was posted on TPU within the last week I believe. I wish people would pay attention to the latest news and benchmarks before they go spitting off AM2 over Conroe.

Clearly, which is the gaming processor to be had is made apparant, and it's not just superpi ;)

System Name Current
Processor Core i5 2500k
Motherboard Z77MA-G45
Memory 8gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Case Fractal Core 1000
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech g602
Ketxxx said:
theres not a huge difference between them, generally 40-60 seconds. plus i mentioned cellfactor an ut2k7 specifically for a reason

largely the results just back what i said, there isnt anything to really get excited about, recent games show marginal increases and encoding type work shows 40-60 seconds in favour of conroe. hardly anything earth-shattering.

well . . . the thing that I find so ground breaking is the pricing I mean the high end Conroe is 1/2 the price of the high end FX, thats just what is so amazing. When your talking about saving 600 bucks on your next processor to me, well that is a big deal.

sinner33 said:

That link was posted on TPU within the last week I believe. I wish people would pay attention to the latest news and benchmarks before they go spitting off AM2 over Conroe.

Clearly, which is the gaming processor to be had is made apparant, and it's not just superpi ;)

hmm that article seems strangely fimiliar . . . oh look I posted that article
posted by NamesDontMatter

silly me.:laugh:

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
sinner33 said:

also notice how the only game that shows a marked increase is OLD :rolleyes: yeas, your really going to notice that extra 30FPS when its all whizzing by at 130FPS arent you :rolleyes: so it brings me back to the original point i made, wait untill ut2k7 and cellfactor. only future games hold the answer to which platform stands up better.

System Name Current
Processor Core i5 2500k
Motherboard Z77MA-G45
Memory 8gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Case Fractal Core 1000
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech g602
Looks like all we can do is wait and see

sinner33

Storage 500GB Hitachi
Display(s) LG 24" LCD
Sure 30 extra fps in an old game might not make much of a difference to you when you have over 100fps running total, but that doesn't stop the fact that even if you turn on the eye candy games of tommorow, Conroe should in theory pull ahead, even if it is a small margin. It just utilizes whatever it is inside that processor better than the AM2 counterpart.

Also that competitively priced Conroe's wouldn't hurt at all =D

We are after all, spending our hard earned money on these new toys. Best go for bang for the buck, like the slightly superior EVGA Signature 7900GT card over the slower other counterparts, but with in this case a lower price tag than the rest :)

I'm sold! If I were to buy a new computer anytime soon...

But I'll wait and see like everyone else, since I'm not planning on upgrading this soon anyways...

System Name Current
Processor Core i5 2500k
Motherboard Z77MA-G45
Memory 8gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Case Fractal Core 1000
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech g602
Sandman said:
Yeah... I think you kind of ended the argument with the pricing bit. :laugh:

the truth :toast:

Last edited:
Processor Athlon64 X2 3800+ @ 2.6Ghz
Motherboard BioStar TForce4 SLI (939)
Cooling Stock Opteron Heatpipe Cooler
Memory 4x512 Crucial BalistiX, @ DDR520, 2.5-3-3-8
Video Card(s) ATI, x1900 AIW (600/620)
Storage 80GB SATA2, 320GB eSATA2
Display(s) AGM 19" Widescreen LCD, 4ms
Case Aspire X-Dreamer (Black)
Audio Device(s) Auzentech: X-Meridan (Best Soundcard Ever)
Power Supply Rosewill 550W 2x12V
Software XP Professional X64 & Ubuntu 7.10 x86
Well..

Here's my take.. As a proud owner of AMD products since my first K6... I do have to hand it to intel for the conroe.. it's just better than K8.

However, I am tempted to buy an NF590 SLI board for AM2 taking a calculated risk that the K8L will smash the conroe's pretty little die in.

That being siad, I think we all know that all AM2 or 939 Athlon 64s will smoke any game of today... so why worry about the top of the line for just a few months. (Like maybe only 6)

K8L will be out in time for my DX10 upgrade... so I'll buy one of them then, and super clock a A64 3000+ AM2 now, or even just stick with my A64 3500+ 939 till then.

It's really not that big of a debate, the power of conroe just simply isn't needed yet. Benchmarks be damned! lol

RickyG512

Processor E6600 @ 3.4ghz 60 degree load stock HSF 1.5v
Motherboard P5B vanilla 0806
Cooling All stock
Memory 2x 1GB geil @ DDR-2 850 4-5-5-12(7100 sis mem bench)
Video Card(s) Powercolour X1900XT 512MB 681/792
Storage c:250gb 16mb 7k2 d:320gb 16mb 7k2 both WD and Sata-II
Display(s) Acer 19" 8ms widescreen 1440x900
Case Thermaltake skull
Audio Device(s) X-Fi eXtreme music
Power Supply Enermax 620 liberty
Software xp pro sp2
conroe is better i mean look at it this way then u will agree

E6600 4MB is £150

kills amd in everything

AMD FX 62 is £700

£150 CPU kills a £700 cpu, im definitly going conroe next

AMD's old gen kills intels last gen, but intels new gen kills amd's current old gen, but amd's new gen will when released kill intels new gen

Last edited:
System Name Current
Processor Core i5 2500k
Motherboard Z77MA-G45
Memory 8gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Case Fractal Core 1000
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech g602
OK here we go again, AMDs New Gen DNE DOES NOT EXIST to us yet. (Which means it is a little bit further then 6 months out for us) What is AMDs new GEN? Please someone enlighten me how can you guarentee it will crush conroe when it has not even been anounced? AM2 Is not next gen it is simply a platform upgrade, die shrink, with higher thermal efficiency still the same architecture.

lets get some things straight here yes AMD might come out with better next gen parts, but first off AMD still has to deal with making the conversion to 65 nm processing . . . Intel has already done that. Second You have seen how long Conroe has taken to develope, despite what you think AMD is not god and can not magically pull a better architecture out of their ass that will magically smoke Conroe. AMD is a smaller company and might even take longer to develope new "next gen hardware"

Third why the hell would you buy an inferior AM2 processor when you can get a processor thats AS fast as the FX-62 for 1/4th the price . . . yeah 300 USD insted of 1,100 USD. Maybe I missed the review that said AM2 was amazing, but from what I've seen the only thing the reviewers have said is "yeay DDR2 . . . hmmmm looks like more bandwith . . . ooo look a 1%-5% boost in benchmarks yippie!"

The thing is Conroe is comming out in a few weeks, why buy AM2 when you can get Conroe, you know the stats you have seen the reviews. It's illogical to buy inferior CPUs at this point, and you will be lieing to yourself to tell you yourself otherwise.

I am not "upset" about next gen AMD, but honestly I don't have a clue what it is, so if I missed some huge review . . . let me know. Otherwise I'm getting a Conroe because its a FX-62 for 1/4th the price of the AMD FX-62.

ChaoticBlankness said:
However, I am tempted to buy an NF590 SLI board for AM2 taking a calculated risk that the K8L will smash the conroe's pretty little die in.

your odds of K8L smashing conroes pretty litle die in are about a hundred thousand to one. Seeing that AMDs high end FX can not beat it.

ChaoticBlankness said:
It's really not that big of a debate, the power of conroe just simply isn't needed yet. Benchmarks be damned! lol

Alright by me you can keep buying overpriced AMD processors, your waste of money not mine.

Anyone else think that is the worst statement ever? OK I still stand by my point earlier, for you AMD fans heres what we have and AMD FX-62 is called Conroe, its price is 300 dollars. Or you can buy the FX-62 for a thousand and piss away your money. Or you can make a stupid choice by not buying either and building a new machine. Sure maybe the power is not needed but the price is. AMD has overcharged for processors for so long now, I hope you all know they made a killing on Opteron and Athlon/939. I sure hope you hardcore AMD fans in denial are rich.

I'm done, I see this discussion as over, lets get some more news up folks before we get more posts fighting the same points over and over.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
A64 FX vs. conroe. are the conroe chips EE? the AMD FX chips have often been the same as regular 64's with unlocked multis, so unless its an EE Vs. FX those price comparisons dont matter.

Conroe is better value than an FX.
It is unknown if conroe is better value than AM2 A64's
Nforce 5 appears to rape any intel chipsets on the market.
everyone is comparing conroe to current 939 chips.
Everyone is basing AM2 on pre-release fluff.
NO ONE has overclocked an AM2 35W (The ultra low power varieties) chip yet. only the FX, which is the hottest/most likely to be at its limit of them all.

Why does intel being faster at lower MHz have anything to do with this? With the next revision being 65nm, AMD will clock up the MHz a lot and things will even out. Prelim tests show that the AM2 chips work better at 2.6GHz+ with DDR2 800 at CL4 or lower.

High latency ram hurts AM2 more than intel, and a *lot* of testers have been overclocking and using poor latencies, rather than a ram divider with lower latencies which an AM2 would perform better at.

This thread has a lot of fanboyism from both camps, but you need to stop and realise that if a fanboy posts 'facts' 10 other fanboys will repeat it forever without even questioning its validity.

Edit: regarding the poist above mine, AM2's are already for sale (pre-order) in australia. I am yet to see a conroe.

System Name Current
Processor Core i5 2500k
Motherboard Z77MA-G45
Memory 8gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Case Fractal Core 1000
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech g602
Mussels said:
Why does intel being faster at lower MHz have anything to do with this? With the next revision being 65nm, AMD will clock up the MHz a lot and things will even out. Prelim tests show that the AM2 chips work better at 2.6GHz+ with DDR2 800 at CL4 or lower.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Please again point out the Intel Fanboys, I must have missed them. Just because I support Conroe and it kicks ass does not make me a fanboy, so if your not talking about me then what Intel fanboys?

I'm done with this disucssion because I'm simply sick of it. Its points are stated/

THose Conroe chips are not EE, Yes price does matter thats the dumbest arguement I've herd yet... pfftt price dosen't matter .... okay their Bill Gates.

Conroe Pricing

Last edited:
V

v-zero

Just popping my head back in here, waiting for the next AMD fan to come blundering in, bearded face and ruffled expresion, blindly swinging in all directions to cover some facet of his ass, whilst at the same time aiming to send a crunching blow to the closest person who even whimpers about being on the side of Intel for this one...

On a more serious note: Older games (such as Far Cry) at lower resolutions, are best for testing processors, so those are the numbers we take stock from. Other games still become GPU limited, and that then makes for less of a CPU, more of a motherboard comparison...

kev012in

Processor Amd Athlon 64 3500+ @2.6 Voltage @1.6
Motherboard MSI K8n Neo-4
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro
Memory 2 GB Corsair value ram
Video Card(s) Ati Radeon X700 Pro PCI-E
Storage 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.8
Display(s) miro 17' flat panel LCD
Case Viper Mid tower ATX W/ 2 80mm case fans, 1 120mm exhaust fan
Audio Device(s) AC 97 7.1 channel onboard
Power Supply Xilence power 420W
Software Win XP Professional SP2
I think some of you guys are missing the point of the news thread about 5000+ and FX-62 for s939. I'm pretty sure Conroe is badass and the retail chips probably will smoke AM2. Me? i'm sticking with 939 and i'll probably upgrade to a dual core 939 next. Why? because i don't have the money to switch platforms. Conroe sounds awesome but I (and i know there is more out there like me) will wait for s939 prices to drop and upgrade then. I don't see myself ditching 939 for at least another year. maybe 2. Hell i get great performance out of my OC'd 3500+ Venice, and that's enough for me. I know i'm not the only one here who feels the same. The 5000+ and FX-62 just give s939 some more life. And i think it will be a few years before AMD cuts s939 production.

Jimmy 2004

System Name Jimmy 2004's PC
Processor S754 AMD Athlon64 3200+ @ 2640MHz
Motherboard ASUS K8N
Cooling AC Freezer 64 Pro + Zalman VF1000 + 5x120mm Antec TriCool Case Fans
Memory 1GB Kingston PC3200 (2x512MB)
Video Card(s) Saphire 256MB X800 GTO @ 450MHz/560MHz (Core/Memory)
Storage 500GB Western Digital SATA II + 80GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA
Display(s) Digimate 17" TFT (1280x1024)
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Audigy 4 + Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Speakers
Power Supply Corsair HX520W
Software Windows XP Home
Wow... this news topic has really taken off now... 56 replies.