• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA to Try and Develop x86 CPU in Two to Three Years

DarkMatter

Processor Intel C2Q Q6600 @ Stock (for now)
Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Cooling Proc: Scythe Mine, Graphics: Zalman VF900 Cu
Memory 4 GB (2x2GB) DDR2 Corsair Dominator 1066Mhz 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) GigaByte 8800GT Stock Clocks: 700Mhz Core, 1700 Shader, 1940 Memory
Storage 74 GB WD Raptor 10000rpm, 2x250 GB Seagate Raid 0
Display(s) HP p1130, 21" Trinitron
Case Antec p180
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi PLatinum
Power Supply 700W FSP Group 85% Efficiency
Software Windows XP
I think Darkmatter needs to take a deep breath, and just step away from "Darkmatter land" for a moment.

If you really believe Intel only focuses on its high-end CPU's to drive its profits then you can go ahead and believe what you want. But the vast majority of Corporate environments, Home Business, Educational Institutes, and personal computers that I have seen with my own eyes do not use high-end; these are what make up Intel's profits.

Well I am finished here. If you will continue to spit and scream at your monitor, go ahead. :)

Darkmatter go see some family and loved ones,

Bryan D.

OK I will repeat it. The LOW en you are talking about IS HIGH- END NOW, Atom is LOW now.

I mean I've been giving numbers, I've been giving the names of the CPUs I considered high-end in this discussion (ah and only within the context of this discussion, I'm not crazy still, thanks). Namely e7200 and G31. :banghead:

And BTW I'm very proud of the companies, colleges and government in Spain now, because they have much better computers than what you are suggesting my friend. Better than the ones I have listed above...

EDIT: Ah:

If you will continue to spit and scream at your monitor, go ahead. :)

I didn't read that the first time, it is pretty clear what kind of things go after: I am finished here. But it was so funny that I had to reply to this. :laugh:. You are naive at best if you think that anything said here or any forum can alterate me. Just because I use the language I use doesn't mean that I am altered or something. It meas, well that I am spanish... maybe? more so... from Bilbao? (don't worry if any spanish people enter, they will understand why this matters :D)

Last edited:
Processor Intel Core i5 3570K
Motherboard MSI H61m-P31/w8
Cooling Stock
Memory 2*8GB DDR3
Video Card(s) XFX HD7850
Case Coolermaster Elite 330
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD audio
Power Supply Corsair RM650
Software Windows 10
If you'd consider putting it in a machine that you're looking for even moderate performance from then it's a high-end CPU in this conversation, Atom, Nano they're the low end things...