• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Meet the New Logitech

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
typical marketing BS. logitech is going to try to "design" its way out of the hole it is in. people catch on to crap products pretty quickly. you fail.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
typical marketing BS. logitech is going to try to "design" its way out of the hole it is in. people catch on to crap products pretty quickly. you fail.

Except we've not really established the "fact" yet that it's crap products. Too many people would dusagree with that assessment.

I see this all the time, with people jumping in and bashing a manufacturer, because it seems to be "fashionable.". That's the only conclusion I can come up with.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
Except we've not really established the "fact" yet that it's crap products. Too many people would dusagree with that assessment.

I see this all the time, with people jumping in and bashing a manufacturer, because it seems to be "fashionable.". That's the only conclusion I can come up with.

i didn't say they make crap products. i said they are going to design their way out of the hole they are in. so rather than focus on improving their products (admit it, their products are run of the mill) and improving customer service and using THAT to improve business, their big idea is to redesign things. when you see a business doing that you know they are in trouble.

I never had any Logitech mouse die on me. Neither keyboards. In fact service center provided me with button mechanism for my UltraX keybord free of charge, without any delivery expenses and without even asking me if I still have it in warranty. I had Logitech G3 for looong years and it still works, it was just so badly worn underneath that I've decided to just replace it. Currently using G502 and it's great. Maybe not working so great on softer fabric mousepads, but I've thrown away the pad and am just using it on desk. Glides really well and the LGS software is just superb. All settings stored within a mouse so no matter how many times I format my system, settings are preserved the way I want them. It's superb feature. Not to mentiona llt he tweaks and modularity, software and hardware.

Keyboards like described in my blog post were absolute junk. But mice, they are still pretty darn good. And the G230 headset that I have from Logitech, also pretty darn good for sort of low-mid end gaming headset.
They just need to get their shit together, because I know they can make very good hardware and they have great support, they just got incredibly sloppy and lazy lately.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
But mice, they are still pretty darn good.

logitech, excuse me, logi, is the world's largest manufacturer of mice. they definitely make THE best mice. but their focus is shifting to mobile peripherals rather than pc components.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Check the last sentance of your post I responded to. You clearly stated they had crap products, saying companies fail when people catch on to crap products. And no, I cannot admit to run of the mill products. I can assess only the higher end products I have bought, which have all worked superbly and have never failed.

I'm sorry you haven't had the best experience with them. But the numbers of satisfied customers far exceeds those disappointed.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
Check the last sentance of your post I responded to. You clearly stated they had crap products, saying companies fail when people catch on to crap products. And no, I cannot admit to run of the mill products. I can assess only the higher end products I have bought, which have all worked superbly and have never failed.

I'm sorry you haven't had the best experience with them. But the numbers of satisfied customers far exceeds those disappointed.

I didn't say I havn't had the best experience. In fact, I have owned the same logitech keyboard for 8 years now. My "you fail" comment is in regards to the strategy logi is taking, not the products it is making.

After sales has been the best for me to the point in saving me money as they tend to not ask you to ship it back. I have had 2 of their lower end mouses fail on me and both times they sent me a replacement without requiring me to pay any postage.

To early to judge my G700s but i run it in game mode and at 1000 polling rate and the battery lasts about 18 hours and i never turn the thing of which i probably should lol, And a nice powered hub for over night charging means the battery don't run out. I have 2 Duracell battery's on standby and never needed them lol.

To early to say if it's lasting yet but another 3 months it would of lasted longer than one of my razer mouses lol. And if it makes a year OMW that would of been longer than 3 Razer mouses and 2 Steelseries mouses but we will have to see hehe.

Build quality does seem to lack some on the G700s which i believe they could improve how ever nothing failed on it yet and works very well wireless even in 1st person games just takes time getting used to it as it is heavy at 1st even more so of you been using mouses that i been using in the last.
I have had this bad run in Logitechs after sales division(outsourced to rptech) for last 10 years. Also in order to get service unless the staff was threatned they took no action and on average turn around time for returned product was only 2months. Over that 10 year time frame every single Logitech product I purchased has failed miserably within a year of purchase. Even after ages of complaining to staff at logitech india, they never did anything to repair the service situation. I forgot to add they also use hazardous materials in their products which endanger users health. I have seen earpads on Logitech headsets(even once kept on display) who had serious fungal growth.

Also, the new name is dumb. "Logi". Sounds like a mentally challenged person to me for some reason. I don't get it why they want to change a worldwide known brand. Do you know why Coca Cola isn't doing drastic changes to the name, logo and style? because you don't even have to read the brand to know what it is. It's that recognizable. You don't change recognizable stuff. Idiots.

Processor Intel i7 6700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7
Cooling Nocuta nh-d14
Memory Patriot 16GB
Video Card(s) Gibabyte GeForce GTX 1080Ti
Storage (system) Corsair 120GB Force GT, (games) 500GB 840, (data) Seagate 1TB Barracuda + WD 1TB Black
Display(s) AOC AG271QG
Case NZXT Phantom
Power Supply Corsair ax1200i
Mouse g502
Keyboard G710+
Software Win10
Just bring back the G9 mouse and make a new G9 Wireless mouse

God, Satan, yes please!!!!

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Also, the new name is dumb. "Logi". Sounds like a mentally challenged person to me for some reason. I don't get it why they want to change a worldwide known brand. Do you know why Coca Cola isn't doing drastic changes to the name, logo and style? because you don't even have to read the brand to know what it is. It's that recognizable. You don't change recognizable stuff. Idiots.

Yup! The name change just stinks of the dumbing down of language. It stinks. For instance SciFi TV channel changed to Syfy. Now, thanks to them, millions of teenagers think that's how it's spelled now.

I was like what the hell is SyFy until I read it as you say it. And then realized it's the same SciFi channel I was used to long ago. Also idiots.

I work in retail and I know how customers care about recognition of a brand. That's why companies don' fuck around with that. And when they do, it usually goes for the negative, especially if it's a drastic modification or renaming. Even changing just the color scheme can throw customers off their usual goods purchasing.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
Not sure why you guys dont like Logitech. I have been using them for YEARS and they have always been very reliable for me and I always found their products to be quite good. I prefer their mice over Razer.

System Name Main Gaming
Processor i2600k @4.3
Motherboard Asus P8P67 Pro
Cooling Thermaltake Frio
Memory 8gb G.Skill 1866
Video Card(s) Saphire 6970
Storage 128gb Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint
Display(s) HP 27" ZR2740w IPS WQHD
Case CM 690 II Advanced
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX
Power Supply SeaSonic 750w X-series Gold
Software Win 8 64bit
Still pissed at them for blatantly lying about PS4 support for the G27, saying they are not making things for console, and then bam coming out with the all new G29. Forced upgrade through obsolete hardware
Have been using their mice for a while now, haven't had any problems with those.

System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
I have had a Logitech G5 gaming mouse with adjustable weights since I believe 2006 and still use it as my primary mouse to this day. Along with my other Logitech peripheral (The Logitech G19s) they work pretty well for my taste. I did notice my G19 (Previous keyboard) was not as great hence why I swapped to a G19s to give them another try but the G19s was more on par with the quality I expected. Personally I do believe their quality has gone a little down in recent years sadly and I have yet to find a mouse to replace the G5 I have that I like well enough from anyone.

Hopefully they get a bit back on track as some of their recent mice to me feel a bit meh to me.

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB DDR4 3466
Video Card(s) EVGA 980ti FTW
Storage (OS)Samsung 950 Pro (512GB), (Data) WD Reds
Display(s) 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GAME ONE
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Deck Hassium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I have used various Logitech products in the past -

Unless you count the G500 that took a swim in some tea - Everything logitech that ive ever owned has always worked and carried on working unless otherwise. Snapping the cable inside a headset isnt the same as just waking up one morning and finding out the headset, keyboard, mouse, speakers whatever no longer works for no reason whatsoever.

I dont know about Logitech support - Ive never had a real reason to contact them myself but I know that they make solid products and if youre breaking yours constantly then maybe you should be less rough with them.

This pretty much sums up my personal experience with Logitech going back to 2004 on about the same amount of devices. They have supported the hell out of thousands of hours of gaming sessions.

Furthermore, throughout my career in IT (also a decade), I have supported thousands of staff with Logitech with very few problems for mice, keyboards, and speakers.

Logitech is the only brand that I buy for a mouse for home and work purposes. There are definitely better keyboards and headsets (design-wise), but not because they fail on me.

System Name Red 101
Processor 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900k
Motherboard EVGA Z370 Classified
Cooling Custom Primochill and Heatkiller water cooling loop
Memory 16GB of Gskill 3200Mhz CL14
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 with Heatkiller block @2114Mhz
Storage 4- Samsung Evo 250GB, 1- Pro 512GB and 1-512GB M.2
Display(s) LG 38" UW
Case In Win 101 customized a lot and painted red
Audio Device(s) Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma
Power Supply EVGA 850w G2
Mouse Razer DeathAdderv2
Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
Software Win10Pro and games
Benchmark Scores NA
Give me a full steering wheel setup and price it around $150-

System Name Graphics Card Free...
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX Wifi
Cooling Cryorig M9a w/ BeQuiet! PureWings 2 ~ 92mm
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 ~ 16GB(2x8GB)
Storage Samsung EVO 870 SSD - 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2
Case Cardboard...
Power Supply eVGA SuperNova 550w G3
Mouse Logitech t400 Zone Touch Mouse
Keyboard IBM Model "M" Keyboard
Software Manjaro ~ KDE Plasma
Benchmark Scores She's a Runner!
I'm down to primarily 'only' purchasing Logitech products...and it's what I recommend/purchase for builds that I do for friends/family/customers.

I personally use the Logitech T400 Zone Touch mouse on my laptops, and the Illuminated Keyboards and LS1 Laser mouse(excellent precision mouse for a lefty) on my desktops. I haven't had that combo have a problem since I started purchasing them in 2009/2010. The older illuminated keyboards still look brand new as long as you wipe them down frequently. I absolutely love that keyboard. Not to mention...the LS1 mouse wears well too. Actually, it doesn't wear at all from what I can tell. Even my oldest mouse looks like new....5 years later.

If I could offer some light criticism...the only time recently that I passed on purchasing a Logitech keyboard was the k400, I didn't like the looks of the mousepad...so I bought a Microsoft Media Keyboard instead and I'm quite pleased with it. Although, the K400 does have a solid reputation...I just don't like those lines on the trackpad. Perhaps a little gaudy for my taste, but that's just my opinion....

I will also mention, when everyone was purchasing the Logitech Z-5500 speakers, I went the Klipsch 2.1 speaker route...and they still sound like new 5 to 6 years later. The sound quality is excellent for a $125 set of speakers, so consider these as a healthy alternative even today if you find a cheap set and only need two speakers.

Best,

Liquid Cool

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Come on dude, you consider yourself "out" of money spent on a mouse that hasn't been produced in over 6 years?!
It was sold as new and it suffered from the same USB cable defect that many other wired Logitech mice do. If Amazon didn't issue a refund, I would have filed a complaint with the BBB.

After sales has been the best for me to the point in saving me money as they tend to not ask you to ship it back. I have had 2 of their lower end mouses fail on me and both times they sent me a replacement without requiring me to pay any postage.
That happened to me once and a little Gorilla glue fixed it (both mice still in use today). I'd argue that isn't a benefit though because they let a defective mouse leave the factory. Additionally, the reason why most companies do RMAs is so they can study the defective device to fix the issues for the next revision. By not taking hardware back, they keep making the same poor design decisions over and over. This leads to a high customer service complaint rate which translates to more costs that are avoidable which, in turn, translates to smaller profit margins. All of the markets Logitech competes in are highly competitive; making the same stupid mistakes over and over leads to what Logitech is doing now: rebranding.

The better plan for any company is to make a product that doesn't provoke contacting the company that made it in the first place.

I've only had a few mice of note:
-first generation MX518: excellent for many years
-second generation MX518: infant mortality, Logitech didn't honor hardware manufacturer warranty
-Revolution MX: no problems
-Performance MX: infant mortality (left click wouldn't register), Logitech sent another and I Gorilla glued and filed down this one so it is still operable today
-Performance MX: no problems

2 out of 5...#5 was a replacement so technically 2 out of 4. A 50% infant mortality rate is unacceptable.

Last edited:

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
I have had this bad run in Logitechs after sales division(outsourced to rptech) for last 10 years. Also in order to get service unless the staff was threatned they took no action and on average turn around time for returned product was only 2months. Over that 10 year time frame every single Logitech product I purchased has failed miserably within a year of purchase. Even after ages of complaining to staff at logitech india, they never did anything to repair the service situation. I forgot to add they also use hazardous materials in their products which endanger users health. I have seen earpads on Logitech headsets(even once kept on display) who had serious fungal growth.

Sounds like more of a support issue in your country then any thing. Plastic is hazardous period and you think other company's are any better sheesh, and as for fungal growth maybe the guy or gal should shower more often and clean the pads as any thing will get that day 1 of touching it.

I hope you put your tooth brush away as there is more danger their than what your on about.

It was sold as new and it suffered from the same USB cable defect that many other wired Logitech mice do. If Amazon didn't issue a refund, I would have filed a complaint with the BBB.

That happened to me once and a little Gorilla glue fixed it (both mice still in use today). I'd argue that isn't a benefit though because they let a defective mouse leave the factory. Additionally, the reason why most companies do RMAs is so they can study the defective device to fix the issues for the next revision. By not taking hardware back, they keep making the same poor design decisions over and over. This leads to a high customer service complaint rate which translates to more costs that are avoidable which, in turn, translates to smaller profit margins. All of the markets Logitech competes in are highly competitive; making the same stupid mistakes over and over leads to what Logitech is doing now: rebranding.

The better plan for any company is to make a product that doesn't provoke contacting the company that made it in the first place.

Total benefit for me, as a item not sent back is extra parts for the replacement when some thing does go wrong as nothings made to last for ever any more.

I bet the costs a lot lower than them actually having to pay for the dumping of the crap, company's don't make shit to last it's bad no money in it.

But for them to say keep the item we send you a new one means i save $10-$20 not to have to wait a week+ for a new item and gives me the chance of when the warranty actually runs out fixing it further more saving me money.

EDIT:
Well i wish Razer and ROCCAT let me keep all the keyboards i have had to sent back due to bad LED(s) and failing Cherry keys as to me that be a $140 saving.

Last edited:
System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
Last year, I requested an RMA of my MX518, tech support approved it, customer service said no, I was out a $60 mouse and had I not bought it through Amazon, I would have never got my money back. Logitech screwed me over and that was the last straw.

I have a working MX518 I may persuaded to send you. I bought it about 10 years ago if that matters to you. I also have an MX510 that is probably 3 years older than the 518 that still works if red suits you better.

My G500 died though. I called them up and they asked if a G500s would would be fine. I told them I was at the store the other day and the G502 was really comfortable, so they sent me that. This was within the last 6 to 8 months.

Processor X5650 @3,7 Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte Ga-EX58-UD5
Cooling Cogage True Spirit
Memory 2x8 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 CL10
Video Card(s) Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070
Storage 250Gb MX100 SSD+1TB WD Green
Display(s) QNIX QX2710 2560x1440 27" PLS 96Hz
Case NZXT Tempest
Power Supply Corsair RM750 750w 80 Plus Gold Modular
Keyboard Logitech K120
Software Win 10 Home 64 bits
I have a MX1000 laser mouse and after more than 10 years still works perfectly.
Never had problems with Logitech products, also I am using one of their (cheap) keyboards now.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
I have nothing but good things to say about Logitech products, hell I'm currently using a 10+ year old MX518 while writing this post. My only complaint is that spare parts aren't easy to find - for example a few months ago I had to replace my entire G15 keyboard because the membrane was worn through on under certain keys, and I couldn't get hold of a replacement membrane. So I have to ditch the whole keyboard, including the LCD, just because I can't get a thin piece of rubber,

It was sold as new and it suffered from the same USB cable defect that many other wired Logitech mice do.

What USB cable defect?

System Name PC-Chips
Processor Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming.
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Air Cooler 6 heat pipes.
Memory Patriot Viper 32gig dual channel 3600mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor HellHound RX 7900 GRE OC
Storage 2X Samsung 860 EVO SSD's 500gig / 2TB crucial P3-NVME / WD-BLUE SN550 1TB M.2 / SP A55 512gig
Display(s) Panasonic 40-inch 4k TV
Case Modded NZXT H510
Audio Device(s) Realtek S1220A - Yamaha A-S501 AMP - 4 x Wharfedale diamond 9.1 speakers - Wharfedale SW150 sub
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G6 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Some cheap wireless thing
Keyboard Razer Cynosa lite
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2 128gig version
Software Windows 11 pro 64bit
I have nothing but good things to say about Logitech products, hell I'm currently using a 10+ year old MX518 while writing this post. My only complaint is that spare parts aren't easy to find - for example a few months ago I had to replace my entire G15 keyboard because the membrane was worn through on under certain keys, and I couldn't get hold of a replacement membrane. So I have to ditch the whole keyboard, including the LCD, just because I can't get a thin piece of rubber,

What USB cable defect?

The cable on the G500 and G500s sucks big time, it failed on me on the g500 with no visual sign of damage hence why i was sent a new G500s and guess what? yes the cable also failed again but i managed to fix it myself this time.

Since fixing the g500s i have no other issues but the cables do suck and i blame this braiding crap as it makes the cable very stiff and does not bend well and i believe this is what is causing the damage.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
What USB cable defect?

On the non-"S" models, the cable can get worn from rubbing against the opening from the mouse body. The "S" models have a little rubber sleeve extending from the mouse to fix this issue, thru which the mouse cable extends.