• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Digital Storm Showcases Its "Aventum 3" Update

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
At CES 2017, Digital Storm made sure to showcase the computer case to devour all others: the Aventum 3 stands tall and deep with 28" height and more than 25" front-to-back, this is a truly massive tower, with room for more fans (it has about 20), cables (more than can be sanely counted), and custom liquid cooling than two or three mid-tower-size typical desktops.

Apart from the hardware updates (Intel's Kaby Lake and NVIDIA's Pascal), there are some other changes under the hood. For one, Digital Storm says it's shifted from bent tubes because the bends can introduce weak points, opting instead for straight tubes and chrome elbows. Also of note is the fact that the water cooling solution employed on the Aventum 3 effectively runs through the entire chassis and component sections - even on the back of the motherboard. The front panel counts (besides the usual USB 3.0 ports) with a Type-C port, which is effectively minute in the face of the chassis.

The doors of the lower cooling chamber on each side of the Aventum 3 now swing out to allow for easy cleaning of the massive radiators or swapping out the fans, with the side panels featuring a "snap on" mechanism instead of the usual sliding into grooves mechanism.

All in all, the Aventum 3 reveals itself as an over-the-top PC case, with characteristics and solutions that really do prove Digital Storm's attention to details and the care that was put into the development of this monster of a case. though no details on the hardware updates were specified, the Aventum 3 will carry only the latest hardware after this refresh effectively comes out, at a pricing that is sure to match its gargantuan proportions.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Gen2
Processor Ryzen R9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Viii Hero Wifi
Cooling Lian Li 360 Galahad
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64gb @ 3600 Mhz CL14-13-13-24 1T @ 1.45V
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 6900 XT Nitro+
Storage Seagate 520 1TB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + lots of HDD's
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7
Case Lian Li PC-O11D XL White
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex SE Platinum 1000W
Mouse Xenics Titan GX Air Wireless
Keyboard Kemove Snowfox 61
Software Main: Gentoo+Arch + Windows 11
Benchmark Scores Have tried but can't beat the leaders :)
it looks almost same design as corsair 900D :)

System Name CUBE_NXT
Processor i9 12900K @ 5.0Ghz all P-cores with E-cores enabled
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master
Cooling EK AIO Elite Cooler w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Memory 64GB DDR5 @ 5600Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 3090Ti Ultra Hybrid Gaming w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Storage 1 x SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB, 1 x 2TB, 1 x WD_BLACK SN850 2TB, 1 x WD_RED SN700 4TB
Display(s) Alienware AW3418DW
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 1000W Titanium
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
I'm not gonna lie, if I had the money I'd buy a top of the line Digital Storm Aventum yesterday. They were always my favorite boutique PC maker.

Still, since I don't have 10+ grand to spend on a PC, I'll just continue assembling my own.

Finally a case where I can aim fans at the back of my motherboard tray!