• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD's RX Vega Makes an Appearance Alongside Quake Champions

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
The long term strategic partnership between AMD and Bethesda seems to be on full swing, with branding and marketing for both companies appearing in increasingly intertwined states (did you see that shortcut article we posted earlier in the week?) First, with Arkane Studios' Prey and Vega marketing, which gave us the first glimpse towards a release window for AMD's new high-performance graphics architecture. Now, it's another Bethesda IP, in the form of Quake Champions, that makes such an appearance.

Case in point: a leaked image from Informatica Cero, which shows packaging for what seems like a bundle of Quake Champions and AMD's RX Vega, which "brings gaming to life". The joint marketing does go hand in hand with AMD and Bethesda's partnership, so there's that, though if this was to be the packaging for a RX Vega graphics card, I have to say it seems a little too heavy-handed on the Quake side of it.

As much as the packaging shows, there don't seem to be any distinguishing software features between Vega and Polaris graphics cards, with the packaging showing the same DirectX12, Vulkan and Radeon Chill technologies that are already supported by AMD's mainstream performance architecture. The fact that a clear launch date for Quake Champions still hasn't been outed could mean that we're looking at a joint release - a shame that it isn't so with Prey, but with that game coming on May 5th, it's almost certain Vega won't be dropping alongside it. You should take this, naturally, with a pinch of salt - Photoshop is an amazing tool, and photoshopped images pictured with a camera are great at hiding any eventual hints as to that having been the case.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited:
Photoshop is an amazing tool, and photoshopped images pictured with a camera are great at hiding any eventual hints as to that having been the case.

Indeed.

I'll wait for more concrete details before letting the hype take me away.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Why does everything Marketing and AMD always have to look so fucking shabby?

Branding and how not to do it: the 101.

Why does everything Marketing and AMD always have to look so fucking shabby?

Branding and how not to do it: the 101.
Did you even see the new Nvidia logo they are marketing with? It's like a 10 year old took a can of neon paint and threw it on a wall. But you probably think that's so much more classy because muhnvidia, right?

I love how it's always "everything" AMD does with you people.