• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CryEngine to Support Vulkan Renderer in Upcoming 5.4 Update

D

Deleted member 172152

I take it you don't actually own a Ryzen system?
Just stick with what works and check if the updates don't have bugs. Simple. Two minutes max.

No, I don't own ryzen yet. Getting threadripper 16-core, though. I have done my research.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Just stick with what works and check if the updates don't have bugs. Simple. Two minutes max.

No, I don't own ryzen yet. Getting threadripper 16-core, though. I have done my research.
@cdawall has done his research too....extensively, first hand, and posted here on this forum. He may have been the first to get it among any members, and tested it thoroughly, long before W1zzard got one.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2

If you did research, you would know that memory support for ryzen is still touch and go, especially when using 4 DIMMs, and also varies wildly between manufacturer and product.

Doesnt mean ryzen is bad, but to claim intel is unreliable while stating that ryzen somehow has no issues is a blatant showing of ignorance.

D

Deleted member 172152

If you did research, you would know that memory support for ryzen is still touch and go, especially when using 4 DIMMs, and also varies wildly between manufacturer and product.

Doesnt mean ryzen is bad, but to claim intel is unreliable while stating that ryzen somehow has no issues is a blatant showing of ignorance.
Again, I did my research. I'm only going up to 4 DIMMs now threadripper is coming and I had three or 4 different ryzen 7 build options that all would have used compatible RAM. Would have done the same amount of research for intel as well.

Looking forward to finally getting my 32GB 3200mhz or more, 16-core threadripper and top of the line rx vega pc built!

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P

You obviously haven't done any research on this...

@cdawall has done his research too....extensively, first hand, and posted here on this forum. He may have been the first to get it among any members, and tested it thoroughly, long before W1zzard got one.

I doubt I was the first on this forum, first to post about it maybe. I also did extensive hands on research went through a couple kits of memory out of curiosity and settled on an absurdly expensive single sided -b kit from corsair :roll: I have also played with just about every board outside of the Biostar models. All of them are still garbage and you can definitely tell the BIOS is not a finished product.

Threadripper will not be any better out of the box, the way the CCX units communicate will not be a good thing and thinking differently means you really don't understand how infinity fabric works.

It seems as if people don't realize it is just the hypertransport protocol that has been updated. It is no different than the FSB of old and is a limiting factor.

System Name RYZEN RECKER
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Prime B350-plus
Cooling Arctic Cooler 120mm CPU, Cougar case fans.
Memory 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair LPX 3200mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6700XT Swift 309
Storage 6.5TB total across 4 different drives
Display(s) Acer 32" 170hz VA
Case Antec 900
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 headset
Power Supply Corsair CX850m
Mouse Steel Series Sensei Ten
Keyboard Corsair K55
Software Windows 10 64-bit
I bet they remaster Crysis 1, 2 and 3 with Vulkan.
I would buy still buy it though lol

System Name RYZEN RECKER
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Prime B350-plus
Cooling Arctic Cooler 120mm CPU, Cougar case fans.
Memory 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair LPX 3200mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6700XT Swift 309
Storage 6.5TB total across 4 different drives
Display(s) Acer 32" 170hz VA
Case Antec 900
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 headset
Power Supply Corsair CX850m
Mouse Steel Series Sensei Ten
Keyboard Corsair K55
Software Windows 10 64-bit
You obviously haven't done any research on this...

I doubt I was the first on this forum, first to post about it maybe. I also did extensive hands on research went through a couple kits of memory out of curiosity and settled on an absurdly expensive single sided -b kit from corsair :roll: I have also played with just about every board outside of the Biostar models. All of them are still garbage and you can definitely tell the BIOS is not a finished product.

Threadripper will not be any better out of the box, the way the CCX units communicate will not be a good thing and thinking differently means you really don't understand how infinity fabric works.

It seems as if people don't realize it is just the hypertransport protocol that has been updated. It is no different than the FSB of old and is a limiting factor.

Thread Ripper is more of a Server type CPU, just like Intel Xeon line. I have been fully satisfied with my Ryzen 5 1600X so far. I have it sitting at a solid 4ghz overclock 24/7 on air lol