• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Editorial On Cryptocoins: I think I know why Satoshi Nakamoto Hides

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
What a crock. How can one not expect anonymous, non regulated currency to be used for nefarious purposes?
So many people incorrectly believe that all technology is neutral, and it just matters how it is used....but that's not the case at all, technology has its own inherent "morality" so to speak. It's not solely humans fault for "this", anyone with an elementary understanding of capitalism could have told you that this cryptocurrency thing could have only turned out the way it has....in a capitalist reality, profit and it's determination will always define reality.
Everything I've seen of Nakamotos behavior is more hardcore libertarian niavety to be frank. He's certainly not a crook, he never spent or profited from a single bitcoin he mined, and vanished very shortly after it gained recognition (something he seemed opposed to in his last posts, by the way).

System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Human greedy is everywhere

Which is why we really need a coin that is not as I put it "both dealer and enabler"

I don't blame people on these forums trying to make a quick buck. But someday, this has to change... I hope sooner than later.

I don't have all the answers. This post is only meant to provide you a window into a past mindset. And for all you screaming "how could you not know?!?!?!," well, hindsight is 20/20 people. You have the advantage there.

Last edited:
System Name MSI GP76
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Which is why we really need a coin that is not as I put it "both enabler and dealer"

I don't blame people on these forums trying to make a quick buck. But someday, this has to change... I hope sooner than later.

I don't have all the answers. This post is only meant to provide you a window into a past mindset. And for all you screaming "how could you not know?!?!?!," well, hindsight is 20/20 people. You have the advantage there.
The only way to change is to delete the human race.
Something to make a quick buck always comes along every so often. Remember what happened 9 years ago with real estate.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Something to make a quick buck always comes along every so often. Remember what happened 9 years ago with real estate.

You CAN make something that doesn't inherently cater to their weaknesses so well.

I agree something else will fill the gap though.

System Name Royal Fortune (Main)/Adventure Galley (NAS)/Little Ranger (HTPC)
Processor Intel i5 4460/AMD C-70/Intel Pentium G3258 Anniversary Ed.
Motherboard Gigabyte ga-z97x-gaming 5/Asrock C-70M1/Asrock Z97 Anniversary
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC12DX/Stock/Raijintek Triton Core
Memory 8GB Team Group Dark 1600 CL9/8GB Team Group Elite 1600 CL9/8GB Avexir Core 1600
Video Card(s) VTX3D R9 280X 3GB/APU/Palit GTX 750 TI StormX Duo
Storage 120GB Team Group Ultra L5 SSD + 1TB WD Black/4 X 2TB WD Blue/120 GB Kingston V300
Display(s) Dell 2310/AOC e2070Swn 19.5"/TV
Case In Win 707/Bitfenix Prodigy M/Dimastech Easy V3
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply EVGA Supernova GS 650W/be quiet! System Power 7 350W/Xigmatek Maverick 400W
Mouse Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex/Razer Abyssus/-
Keyboard Corsair K70 Red/Steelseries Apex Raw/Logitech K400
Software Win10/FreeNAS 9.3/KodiBuntu
Excuse me sir RTB

But... we didn't see it coming??? Are you mental? 'When I started mining the impact wasn't quite clear'... well you lack some serious insight in anything outside of your own attic then. There's a whole world out there you know? I'm sorry to be so harsh, but that sentence right there disqualified any faith I still have in anything else you wrote. It contains so much naive, I can't even get to grips with it. And you came to terms with yourself and became 'level headed' after a few Bitcoin value ups and downs. Wow... just wow.

The only good thing about Bitcoin is the blockchain tech and that is something we will keep seeing in the future and is a great tool to have especially in a world where digital security matters.

The cryptocurrency by definition and by the way it is mined, should die off really quickly, but validation through blockchain is something that will essentially save us loads of effort and in turn, energy compared to the current way we handle transactions.

Bitcoin was never about power to the people or removing the fat banks and decentralizing control. If you believe this, go eat your tin foil hat. Already the blockchain is being monetized and analyzed by banks worldwide. They will make it theirs, and that's all she wrote.

Oh and this bullshit about proof of work... you're not working, you're just using shitloads of energy to let a machine do processing. The work you do, is paying your energy bill and pressing the on button. Its one of those things that people who sit behind a computer love to think of as work, and it has become some weird form of self fulfilling prophecy for them. Get a life... before that bubble bursts and you'll be back to zero. And about BOINC and putting it towards science - sure, that's all fine, as long as you don't monetize it. Its just like so many other things people just 'like to do' because of emotional reasons - they work as such, and die off once you monetize it.
Are you really that dense?
"proof of work" does not mean "proof you've earned your blisters" it simply means "proof that your computer worked on this hash"
If simple concepts like that needs to be explained, perhaps you should read up on the subject before you comment...or are you just trying to illustrate your (misinformed) point?

System Name ChoreBoy
Processor 8700k Delided
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Master
Cooling 420mm Custom Loop
Memory CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 2x8GB @ 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 SC
Storage 1TB SX8200, 250GB 850 EVO, 250GB Barracuda
Display(s) Pixio PX329 and Dell E228WFP
Case Fractal R6
Audio Device(s) On-Board
Power Supply 1000w Corsair
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores A million on everything....
Human greed, eh?

So putting a few GPUs into a server rack is greed now? If somebody wants to give me a real physical asset in exchange for a 'bitcoin' that I 'mined' by clicking on the 'go' button on my computer; how can that be considered greed?

It's opportunistic at most--human ingenuity at it's best/worst.

System Name Royal Fortune (Main)/Adventure Galley (NAS)/Little Ranger (HTPC)
Processor Intel i5 4460/AMD C-70/Intel Pentium G3258 Anniversary Ed.
Motherboard Gigabyte ga-z97x-gaming 5/Asrock C-70M1/Asrock Z97 Anniversary
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC12DX/Stock/Raijintek Triton Core
Memory 8GB Team Group Dark 1600 CL9/8GB Team Group Elite 1600 CL9/8GB Avexir Core 1600
Video Card(s) VTX3D R9 280X 3GB/APU/Palit GTX 750 TI StormX Duo
Storage 120GB Team Group Ultra L5 SSD + 1TB WD Black/4 X 2TB WD Blue/120 GB Kingston V300
Display(s) Dell 2310/AOC e2070Swn 19.5"/TV
Case In Win 707/Bitfenix Prodigy M/Dimastech Easy V3
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply EVGA Supernova GS 650W/be quiet! System Power 7 350W/Xigmatek Maverick 400W
Mouse Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex/Razer Abyssus/-
Keyboard Corsair K70 Red/Steelseries Apex Raw/Logitech K400
Software Win10/FreeNAS 9.3/KodiBuntu
@R-T-B

I'll pass on your sickening Marxist positioning and the obvious contradictions on your text; let me just forward some bad news:
your knowledge of the monetary and financial system is null, and digital currency can only be understood in this context. When you're familiar with concepts like the Gold Standard, money as a commodity, Fiat money, fractional reserve banking, money supply... then we can have a chat.
As to the power consumption and the safe of the planet .... :laugh:
Marxist?
Economic theory is like gravity, you can argue the details all you want but it won't slow your fall.
Calling a post Marxist tells us a lot more about you than it does about the post...why don't you enlighten us poor fools, instead of just attacking?

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Human greed, eh?

So putting a few GPUs into a server rack is greed now? If somebody wants to give me a real physical asset in exchange for a 'bitcoin' that I 'mined' by clicking on the 'go' button on my computer; how can that be considered greed?

It's opportunistic at most--human ingenuity at it's best/worst.

The "greed" comes in when you have a desire to have way more than your fair share, ala the bitcoin mining farms in China and such.

If everyone mining was mining with 6 GPUs or less, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Marxist?
Economic theory is like gravity, you can argue the details all you want but it won't slow your fall.
Calling a post Marxist tells us a lot more about you than it does about the post...why don't you enlighten us poor fools, instead of just attacking?

Lol, it's ok, I've been called a Marxist two times now and it made me win a personal (money-free) bet with another editor here. Yay!

System Name ChoreBoy
Processor 8700k Delided
Case Fractal R6
Audio Device(s) On-Board
Software Win 10 Pro
I can't believe that even paper money has lasted as long as it has. I make a certain amount of money an hour and for what I can buy in return--I'm just glad to be alive in such a time.... It's amazing the amount of tech that a paper dollar can buy, let alone a bitcoin.

But what does it all really DO for us? Other than ALL of our thinking....

If everyone mining was mining with 6 GPUs or less, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Why would you mine with six GPUs when you could mine with seven? Are you dumb? (lol jk man) It's not greed to do such a thing, just opportunity..... Now if you beat up your neighbor and steal his GPU, then that's greed.

Last edited:
System Name MSI GP76
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
I can't believe that even paper money has lasted as long as it has. I make a certain amount of money an hour and for what I can buy in return--I'm just glad to be alive in such a time.... It's amazing the amount of tech that a paper dollar can buy, let alone a bitcoin.

But what does it all really DO for us? Other than ALL of our thinking....

Why would you mine with six GPUs when you could mine with seven? Are you dumb? (lol jk man) It's not greed to do such a thing, just opportunity..... Now if you beat up your neighbor and steal his GPU, then that's greed.
I think thats assault and theft. Greed is way different from that.

I couldn't agree more. ;)

There are many seeds of negative feelings among people of the world, any kind of tool to serve humans like cryptocurrency can be turned into twisting negative energy pumping events. This is all human originated but it is not enough to explain. There are wicked people out there who abuses feelings of people to make act them this way, but they make very good preprations(perception play) so the chances become you will likely act as they wish (gaslighting).

Staying firm and holding your ground fixes this chaos but instead we chase new smartphones and millions mroe products like zombies. Guess we stay firm to be a simple zombie who cannot have shred of self-control.

System Name Suteki Ryzen
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900 @ Stock
Motherboard MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX
Cooling Stock Box Cooler
Memory 32gb ( 2x16gb) 3600mhz DDR4 G.Skill 16-19-19-39-58
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 2060 6GB Ram
Storage 256gb nvme SSD, 250GB SATA3 SSD, 480GB USB3 SSD, 750GB SSHD, 3TB WD Red HDD
Display(s) Asus VE220 / Epson TW-3000 1080p projector
Case Raijintek Thetis Black
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1 PCI on a PCIe-to-PCI Adapter
Power Supply EVGA 550G2
Mouse Razer DeathAdder 2013
Software Windows 10 Pro
I personally also feel very uncomfortable about the momentary Cryptocurrency hype... now this might ACTUALLY be marxist, but I really think the system needs some way to define an upper limit of possible mining by one actual person.

Otherwhise you will have the same unbalance as you've had before. Some control the vast amount of coins, and in return can totally control its availability and as such worth. All goes back to being centralized, only that now its not anything being regulated by a fairness-based institution. Then again, guess its just fair that those who have the money now, can have even more power/money in the future. That's how the system as a whole works after all.

The "greed" comes in when you have a desire to have way more than your fair share, ala the bitcoin mining farms in China and such.

Lol, it's ok, I've been called a Marxist two times now and it made me win a personal (money-free) bet with another editor here. Yay!

I will have to make a fix there,

Not guarenteed to not have this conversation if everyone mines with 6- GPUs however "just and mutual respect" as you might have implied comes with strong family/social/constitution which are fundementaly based on human mind and its desires. We have to change as persons to reach peace, to make that change we need to make compromises. This is the part we fail horribly, we just do not want give an inch of what we desire. I do not believe we are at a point of understanding this whole proccess. To see the truth we need to have inverted CPTSD (complex post-traumatic stress disorder) cocktail which definetaly comes with WWs. I prefer to make change over time by controlling my desires instead of having a WW to make a hard-change because you can guess the pictures of next WW.

System Name ChoreBoy
Processor 8700k Delided
Case Fractal R6
Audio Device(s) On-Board
Software Win 10 Pro
I think thats assault and theft. Greed is way different from that.
Well, it's theft and assault..... caused by greed.

Sorry I'm gonna have to quote this again. And I'm also sorry to take it so literally, but if EVERYBODY were mining with 6 GPUs then we'd ALL be earning how much money? Like forty bucks a month profit (I'm guessing)? My guess would be everybody's rent would go up forty dollars a month to make up for all the new 'free' money that everybody has.

My main point is I guess this: If crypto-currency is so great, why isn't EVERYBODY plugging in a bunch of GPUs and retiring? The whole thing is silly as hell.

I'll leave this post.... before we all start really arguing over what a fair share is.

r9

System Name Primary|Secondary|Poweredge r410|Dell XPS|SteamDeck
Processor i7 11700k|i7 9700k|2 x E5620 |i5 5500U|Zen 2 4c/8t
Memory 32GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|32GB ECC DDR3|8GB DDR4|16GB LPDDR5
Video Card(s) RX 7800xt|RX 6700xt |On-Board|On-Board|8 RDNA 2 CUs
Storage 2TB m.2|512GB SSD+1TB SSD|2x256GBSSD 2x2TBGB|256GB sata|512GB nvme
Display(s) 50" 4k TV | Dell 27" |22" |3.3"|7"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+ | Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro|Windows 10 Pro|Windows 10 Home| Server 2012 r2|Windows 10 Pro
We are nothing but parasites.

System Name MSI GP76
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard

Thats still assult and theft. Greed, like when I travel to your city of Oshkosh, WI for the EAA airshow and the houses around the airport charge $20 for parking on their lawn when EAA charges $10 per day for parking. Greed is not when I go punch out the house owner in the face for overcharging me for parking. I still love that airshow, money well sent.
ahahaa

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X

Sorry I'm gonna have to quote this again. And I'm also sorry to take it so literally, but if EVERYBODY were mining with 6 GPUs then we'd ALL be earning how much money? Like forty bucks a month profit (I'm guessing)? My guess would be everybody's rent would go up forty dollars a month to make up for all the new 'free' money that everybody has.

My main point is I guess this: If crypto-currency is so great, why isn't EVERYBODY plugging in a bunch of GPUs and retiring? The whole thing is silly as hell.

I'll leave this post.... before we all start really arguing over what a fair share is.

To clear things up "everybody" meant "everyone presently mining." And yes, in this boat it would basically pay your electric + a bit for helping. That's how it used to be. That's how it was supposed to remain.

Cryptocurrency was never supposed to be good for the miner. It was supposed to reap the end user benefits, and pay the miners electric, nothing more.

We are nothing but parasites.

Last edited:
System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
I am baffled by the lack of knowledge of the author... -_-

Dude, there are millions of people earning money in exchanges - every day. Cryptocoins has much greater value variation than shares. for example:

I buy 10000 Neoscoin @ 0.0001 = 1 BTC
And Sell 10000 @ 0.002 = 20 BTC

Yes, that's right, over 50000 USD. Bitcoin is the future.

That's just speculation, nothing to do with mining other than that the commodity you are trading happens to be btc.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
That's just speculation, nothing to do with mining other than that the commodity you are trading happens to be btc.

Actually, I'd argue the commodity he was betting on was really Neoscoin. So maybe Neoscoin is the future by his logic. :laugh:

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Are you really that dense?
"proof of work" does not mean "proof you've earned your blisters" it simply means "proof that your computer worked on this hash"
If simple concepts like that needs to be explained, perhaps you should read up on the subject before you comment...or are you just trying to illustrate your (misinformed) point?

Perhaps you need to do some better reading, because this is exactly what I'm also saying it is. If anything is lost on people here, its lost on you, including the meat of my post.

Other than that, thanks for letting us now your POV as well, and adding to this topic... don't let the toxin bite you.

DD/MM/YYYY is how his country does it. Therefore it is the right way

Starting with months only to go back to days and then years never made any sense to me either.

Last edited:
System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
Company #2 is someone from Amd because it's the literally the same exact statement the company made when a 6000/7000 series couldn't be found after it was discovered gcn was really good at mining.