• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CRYORIG Offers C7 Cu Cooler for Taku Kickstarter Edition Backers

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
CRYORIG sweetened the deal for backing its upcoming compact chassis, the Taku, on Kickstarter, by including what it calls the "best ITX-ready CPU air-cooler." The company is including a C7 Cu low-profile CPU cooler for free with each Taku Kickstarter Edition case bound for its backers (by backing the project with at least $299). The C7 Cu is valued at $50.

The C7 Cu is a variant of the C7 low-profile top-flow CPU cooler, which features copper fins instead of aluminium. The cooler can cope with slightly higher thermal loads than its aluminium sibling. The company first showed off the cooler at the 2017 Computex. In addition to this deal, CRYORIG lowered the cost of backing two Taku cases down to $260 per unit (at least $520), which includes two C7 Cu coolers.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, NVMes everywhere / NVMes, more NVMes / Various storage, SATA SSD mostly
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / Sharkoon Rebel 9 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 / Windows 7
Taku looks interesting. But that cooler wouldn't save it. An overpriced case with an overpriced cooler as a gift, wouldn't make people to rush to support the project. And they should solve some problems in the design. As someone pointed in a Greek forum, you can easily break a couple of USB sticks because you forgot to removed them from the side, while trying to pull out the motherboard tray.

I understand that the materials might be good, the manufacturing might be good and the R&D could have been expensive, but if they need to sell Takus they either have to lower the price by much, or create a really cheap version using cheaper materials, a cheaper manufacturer and without that "free" (really free?) cooler. People interested might already have a good ITX cooler anyway. That cheap version could be enough to finance the manufacturing of the more luxurious versions (or just show that people like the design, but they are not willing to pay that price).

Last edited:
System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
nice looking cases are all over the place in the eye of the beholder, and the price tags vary. This cases' price tag even with the bonus items, is a bit over the line. Since the Kickstarter asking tag is $299, I half expect the price will jump considerably after Kickstarter has ended.

System Name Desktop / "Console"
Processor Ryzen 5950X / Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus X570 Hero / Asus X570-i
Cooling EK AIO Elite 280 / Cryorig C1
Memory 32GB Gskill Trident DDR4-3600 CL16 / 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE / RTX 2080ti FE
Storage 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus NVME / 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 NVME, 1TB Intel 660P
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW / LG 65CX Oled
Case Lian Li O11 Mini / Sliger CL530 Conswole
Audio Device(s) Sony AVR, SVS speakers & subs / Marantz AVR, SVS speakers & subs
Power Supply ROG Loki 1000 / Silverstone SX800
VR HMD Quest 3
My problem with it is more of the styling than the price. What is the deal with the Apple White drawer face being the only option no matter what case color you choose?? Good thing they waited for the Dan Case campaign (which I am a backer) to end before trying to sell it, they would have needed a lot more than a free cooler just to get the 90 interested people they have so far... But it seems Cryorig are kind of aiming for this same group of buyers.

The Dan Case at least offers probably the smallest form factor, full fat gaming rig you can build (air cooled) in order to help justify its price (as well as nice build materials). The Taku on the other hand does not set itself apart enough from the crowd of Silverstone cases with similar form factors to ask $299. (No, I do not consider a drawer that I will slide out once to build the thing a 'unique' feature.... or perhaps more than once, since there are no dust filters plus there are vents are facing 'up' collect all settling dust in the air...)

Personally I don't see why people are supporting big companies with money for their projects. Kickstarter was cool for STARTUP companies, individuals and small groups of people who didn't have the funds to invest to complete their project(s). Now it has gotten to this point where greedy companies are taking advantage of people who are generous. That's just my take on this thing anyways...

System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, NVMes everywhere / NVMes, more NVMes / Various storage, SATA SSD mostly
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / Sharkoon Rebel 9 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 / Windows 7
Using kickstarter for products that wouldn't see the light of day anyway, isn't a bad idea, even when big companies are involved. Using kickstarter and hoping to make a huge profit from it, I agree, people shouldn't support that kind of greedy attitude. Taku's price is 50% justified, 50% greed.