• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Strange Memory problem

Processor 5820K
Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe II
Cooling Corsair H110GT
Memory Corsair CMK32GX4M4A2666C15
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX780Ti
Storage 2 x 500GB Samsung Evo in Raid 0
Case Corsair 780
Power Supply OCZ Gold Z 1000W
But you said you cleared CMOS and this resets the value to it's default, which may not be the value you need.

Still, the HDDs should be detected by the BIOS: something is amiss. Have you tried the HDDs individually, and on each SATA port? Just to rule out damaged SATA port(s).

It had four originally Two SSDs a HDD and the Bluray, now just the SSDs are plugged in but nothing has changed.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Well, I got the new X99 Deluxe II today and rebuilt the system, and it all appeared to work with the BIOS post recognising all the RAM, and all the storage devices plus the CPU and GPU correctly. Alas when i powered it down and turned it back on again it failed to post, stuck on A2 which indicates it can't find a HDD, which it was fine with only a few minutes previous. So it's out with all the other SATA cables save the main ones, and check power is connected but nothing changes.

I've tried the memory flashback with latest BIOS, and clear CMOS, even took the battery out, but no change. It seems the SATA controller failed and can't see the attached drives. Unless of course anyone has any alternative suggestions ?
Did you install the board drivers before powering down?

Check the SATA cables and power to HDD/SSDs. Also check the BIOS settings again, go thru each one.

Test with just one drive at a time. Unplug everything else.

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 19.04 LTS
Did you install the board drivers before powering down?

Check the SATA cables and power to HDD/SSDs. Also check the BIOS settings again, go thru each one.

Test with just one drive at a time. Unplug everything else.

Already had suggested this, but i also suggested using all the different SATA ports available, just in case the problem was with the SATA ports not working properly.

Hadn't thought of the board drivers but, since it's the BIOS that isn't detecting, that shouldn't be the cause, no?

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Already had suggested this, but i also suggested using all the different SATA ports available, just in case the problem was with the SATA ports not working properly.

Hadn't thought of the board drivers but, since it's the BIOS that isn't detecting, that shouldn't be the cause, no?
None of the drives were showing up while in the BIOS menu? Without images, we can only armchair this so far. I do think its something either in the BIOS or the drives, considering its a new motherboard with the same exact problem. Since the problem didnt resurface until after a warm boot, it has to be BIOS related.

In the BIOS disable fast boot and full screen logo. take a video with phone of the boot process.

Reactions: HTC

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 19.04 LTS
None of the drives were showing up while in the BIOS menu? Without images, we can only armchair this so far. I do think its something either in the BIOS or the drives, considering its a new motherboard with the same exact problem. Since the problem didnt resurface until after a warm boot, it has to be BIOS related.

In the BIOS disable fast boot and full screen logo. take a video with phone of the boot process.

Good suggestion!

Processor 5820K
Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe II
Cooling Corsair H110GT
Memory Corsair CMK32GX4M4A2666C15
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX780Ti
Storage 2 x 500GB Samsung Evo in Raid 0
Case Corsair 780
Power Supply OCZ Gold Z 1000W
This is going to be perhaps one of the strangest - never hear that one again, solutions.

Sometime after powering the system down and repowering it, the monitor failed, but not a total failure, it was switching on & off the LEDs from yellow to blue, and switching the backlight on but without a display. I only noticed this because my hand strayed near the menu buttons and no menu came up, nor when it was powered off then on again was the Dell logo displayed either.

Borrowing another monitor, the system does now post correctly (after a week of tearing my hair out) and I expect was doing all along!

I bet you never hear this fault occurring ever again !