• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

In Win Announces Availability of Their Aurora RGB LED Fans

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
In Win has finally announced availability of their Aurora RGB LED fans. We've seen tome a couple of times before - one of them on Computex. Only now are these innovative, daisy-chainable and remote-controlled fans being put up for sale, though.

The Aurora RGB LED fans are first to support multi-unit daisy-chaining, so one fan's power input and control can be shared with multiple fans. This way, you can control each of your multiple fan configurations (say, three fans on the front panel of your case, plus the three fans for your GPU's radiator, plus two fans for your CPU AIO) by simply pointing the remote at them.

The Aurora fans are 120 mm spinners, with 800 to 1,400 RPM speeds in PWM mode, and 2,000 RPM in their Turbo, high-voltage mode (12V). At 1,400 RPM, they can push 40.26 CFM of air, with a noise output of 23.7 dBA. The remote (and the bundled user software) allows you to fine tune fan-speed (within the PWM speed range), set and switch between presets, and control the lighting. Each fan features two 6-pin power ports, with which you can daisy-chain multiple fans. The Aurora RGB LED fans are currently available through In Win's eStore for $89 USD. This includes a pack of three fans, a user manual, an RGB LED controller, 12x mounting screws and a pair of 30cm LED light strips. Check out a video of the Aurora fans in action below.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Seems like a much better option instead of going with Corsair for the reason you don't need a few different products to control the lighting on your fans. Also the fact you can daisy chain them makes so much sense.

System Name Air Cooled Caselabs BH8
Processor Intel Coffee Lake 8700K @ 4.7
Motherboard MSI Gaming M5
Cooling Noctua D15s, 5x 140mm Noctua Chromax, 1x 120mm Noctua Chromax, 2x 80mm Noctua fans
Memory G. Skill Trident Z RGB series 3200mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
Storage Samsung EVO 840 250gb SSD, Samung EVO PRO 256gb SSD, 2 TB WD Black Edition HDD.
Display(s) 24" Asus Gaming ROG 144hz
Case Black Caselabs BH8
Power Supply 850w EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold PSU with individually sleeved black cables
Mouse Logitech Wireless G403
Keyboard Corsair Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 10
"We've seen tome a couple of times before"

I think you mean "We've seen them a couple of times before"

System Name PC.
Processor i7 2600K 5.0Gh,i7 3770K 5.00Gh. EK, Liqed Coooleng
Motherboard P67A-UD7-B3 Gigabyte T.,ASUS,P8Z77-V PREMIUM,MAXIMUS V EXTRIME..
Cooling Liqed Cooleng ,EK Suprime LTX Nickel,EK for Motherboard,Aqua computer (WGA), Thermaltake .... 0i,
Memory G.SKILL F3-17600CL7-2GBPISG. 16GBSkill Sniper F3-17000CL94GBSR on 2400Hz 10-12-11-29 1
Video Card(s) GTX590 ,SLI ,POV TGT best 691Hz ,LiqedCoold,GTX480.....GTX1080MSI SeaHawkEK SLI
Storage OCZ-REVODRIVE 3-240GB,2xCrucialMX100.512.R-0,1x LMT-32L3m,3x 1TB-WD,1x;1x2TbSEAGATE1x2Tb Seagate
Display(s) DELL-U2412Mb,Samsung Synkmaster245B,HP ENVY 34c
Case Thermaltake, NZXT SWITCH 810SE
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE BLASTER X-Fi Titanium HD , AUNE T1MK2 TUBE USB
Power Supply ENERMAX Platimax 1500W,Thermaltake 1500W
Mouse VIPER V560,FUNC MS-3, Prestigio, R.A.T.E.7 and 5,LogitechG502,RAZER,Inperator.,dead...a.s.o.
Keyboard Trust ....LogotechG410
Software Windows7 64....
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Fire Strike 21.385 (37.234,11.828,7.176)
Another beauty product where the function is second-class and lipstick in the first place.
From a 25 mm fan, they made 11 mm.
With crsiar you get a normal fan but it is a price they justify with stolen knowledge ant patented ,far from any normal sum for offerd.:kookoo::shadedshu:

Another beauty product where the function is second-class and lipstick in the first place.
From a 25 mm fan, they made 11 mm.
With crsiar you get a normal fan but it is a price they justify with stolen knowledge ant patented ,far from any normal sum for offerd.:kookoo::shadedshu:

That was fun to decipher lol. The problem with Corsair is trying to control their fans is a pain in the butt and basically has hidden costs from what I've read. You need a commander pro AND lighting node as far as I know.

CorsairBlake

Corsair Rep
That was fun to decipher lol. The problem with Corsair is trying to control their fans is a pain in the butt and basically has hidden costs from what I've read. You need a commander pro AND lighting node as far as I know.

You do not need a Lighting Node Pro if you already have a Commander Pro. The HD series fans plug directly into a 6-Port Lighting Hub and even come with a 3-button controller. No additional costs for simple RGB lighting. If you want advanced lighting control, you can purchase either the Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro. Either one will do the work, but the Commander pro controls fan speeds as well.

You do not need a Lighting Node Pro if you already have a Commander Pro. The HD series fans plug directly into a 6-Port Lighting Hub and even come with a 3-button controller. No additional costs for simple RGB lighting. If you want advanced lighting control, you can purchase either the Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro. Either one will do the work, but the Commander pro controls fan speeds as well.

That's what I initially thought but from what I read you do need both and can't control both the fan speed and temp from a single device.