• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NZXT Updates Price of N7 Z370 Motherboard

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Based on the overwhelmingly positive feedback from customers since the launch of the new N7 Z370 motherboard, today NZXT is announcing a change to the product and a price reduction from $299.99 to $249.99, both effective immediately.

"We were surprised-and humbled-by the PC gaming community's reaction to our new N7 motherboard. Our focus on simplifying the assembly process for users building their own gaming PC and our unconventional, minimalist approach to design that makes the motherboard disappear into the case has really resonated with people," says Johnny Hou, NZXT's founder, and CEO. "The feedback we received was, that while the thoughtful layout and beautiful all-metal cover are appealing, the price is a bit too high. We've taken steps to address that today with changes to the configuration and price."

Unlike competitive Z370 motherboard offerings, NZXT originally planned to bundle LED light strips and extension cables in the box. To be able to offer a lower price, these have been removed from the product. NZXT will also sell its N7 motherboard through a more limited channel, lowering the overall cost of operation and allowing the MSRP to be further reduced.

In a strong vote of confidence in the quality of its newest product, NZXT is also increasing the warranty period it offers to the consumer.

"We also heard from the PC gaming community that they are concerned with our ability to produce a high-quality motherboard. We are working with ECS, a company that produces motherboards for some of the world's largest OEMs," continues Johnny, "We are very confident in our quality. And to help allay the fears of the community, we are increasing our warranty from 3 to 4 years."

The NZXT N7 Z370 ATX motherboard is expected to be available from select retailers in the North America and Europe by the end of January*. Customers who have pre-ordered the motherboard will automatically receive the discount prior to shipping.

The NZXT N7 Z370 Motherboard includes the following exclusive features:
  • Powered by CAM, NZXT's control, and monitoring software
  • 2 RGB lighting channels using HUE+ technology
  • 9 digital PWM fan channels based on GRID+ technology
  • All-metal motherboard cover finished using the same paints and processes as their cases
  • Optional heatsink covers finished matching NZXT's case colorways (matte white and black, as well as glossy red, blue, and purple)
Since the first production runs of the motherboards have already been shipped, initial buyers may find LEDs strips in the package. All future manufacturing runs will remove the LEDs strips and extension cables from the box.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Translation: people said we are crazy for asking $300 for this motherboard.

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
Thing's a joke even at 250.
This board is 149-169 level

The armor is like 10-20 bucks alone :D. To be fair, I like the idea for an armor. I wouldn't mind buying one aftermarket/bundled with a MB, but these are rare commodity. I am guessing their initial price is so high, because they don't have scale of production kick in. After all, NZXT uses a sub-supplier/partner -> ECS and then calculate their own R&D + the markup on the parts. No wonder they started from 300 bucks. But that's just my guess.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
According to newegg, the initial MSRP would make this the fourth most expensive Z370 board. Definitely not how you enter a market (unless you're Apple).
The new MSRP still places this in top 10 among 50+ boards...

System Name 2nd AMD puppy
Processor FX-8350 vishera
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX2
Memory 16 Gb DDR3:8GB Kingston HyperX Beast + 8Gb G.Skill Sniper(by courtesy of tabascosauz &TPU)
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+;1450/2000 Mhz
Storage SSD :840 pro 128 Gb;Iridium pro 240Gb ; HDD 2xWD-1Tb
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z 144 Hz freesync
Case NZXT 820 PHANTOM
Audio Device(s) Audigy SE with Logitech Z-5500
Power Supply Riotoro Enigma G2 850W
Mouse Razer copperhead / Gamdias zeus (by courtesy of sneekypeet & TPU)
Keyboard MS Sidewinder x4
Software win10 64bit ltsc
Benchmark Scores irrelevant for me
expensive but v.nice ; can hardware be sexy?:p

i'm sure is looking great in a fully transparent case..

Processor Pentium II 400 @ 516MHz
Motherboard AOpen AX6BC EZ
Cooling Stock
Memory 192MB PC-133
Video Card(s) 2x Voodoo 12MB in SLI, S3 Trio64V+
Storage Maxtor 40GB
Display(s) ViewSonic E90
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster 16
Software Windows 98 SE
Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
Im trying to reserve judgement until people actually get it in their hands and look a the UEFI, how it overclocks etc. So Ill wait for Jayztwocents and LTT to take a look a it.

D

Deleted member 67555

I really like the look of this board...
I really like the CAM software suite...
I really wish I was in the market for this right now but I'm not..
I also really hope NZXT continues to do stuff like this especially since this board hit the market at probably the worst time possible and it may give them the wrong impression...

With over inflated GFX and memory prices I just don't think people are going to be as willing to opt for something that costs as much for internal appearance...

I would... If timing had been a little better.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Mouse Logitech G604s
INC Corsair with a motherboard with built in LINK/Commander/Lighting Node Pro!

Im trying to reserve judgement until people actually get it in their hands and look a the UEFI, how it overclocks etc. So Ill wait for Jayztwocents and LTT to take a look a it.

That's too logical, terrible post.
I really like the look of this board...
I really like the CAM software suite...
I really wish I was in the market for this right now but I'm not..
I also really hope NZXT continues to do stuff like this especially since this board hit the market at probably the worst time possible and it may give them the wrong impression...

With over inflated GFX and memory prices I just don't think people are going to be as willing to opt for something that costs as much for internal appearance...

I would... If timing had been a little better.

Even if it doesn't sell like crazy this will steer the competition/market to boards that look like this or so I believe. We're in a time of aesthetics.
INC Corsair with a motherboard with built in LINK/Commander/Lighting Node Pro!
That would be great but Corsair would tax heavily for that I think. The board would probably need some extra power too.

Mouse Logitech G604s
We just need a motherboard made OUT OF rgb already.

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
The armor is like 10-20 bucks alone :D. To be fair, I like the idea for an armor. I wouldn't mind buying one aftermarket/bundled with a MB, but these are rare commodity. I am guessing their initial price is so high, because they don't have scale of production kick in. After all, NZXT uses a sub-supplier/partner -> ECS and then calculate their own R&D + the markup on the parts. No wonder they started from 300 bucks. But that's just my guess.

R&D costs for NZXT? I doubt it....as this is their first foray into mobo's, I would assume that they probably chose "off the shelf" parts/designs from ECS's catalog and I'm almost certain there's absolutey nothing proprietary or "from scratch" on this motherboard. Why is that? Capitalism...as much as many would like to think quality, and other factors determine what gets made or not, the paramount deciding factor is profit in defining our physical reality (a.k.a. dialectical materialism,) plain and simple. As this is NZXT's first product like this, the goal would be to keep R&D costs to a minimum, if not zero as what this motherboard really represents is NZXT's attempt to determine the "strength"/brand awareness/"mentia" of their brand and whether it can colonize new market sectors. Additional evidence of this can be seen in the motherboard's design, which obviously attempts to achieve the aesthetic of the "other".

What that means is that, NZXT purposely made this board to be "anti" board in terms of its looks with respect to what's already on the market, and that's because it offers nothing new, innovative or daring with respect to its hardware/components/functionality(not referring to its aesthetics like the Mr. Potatohead style "armor"). If I remember correctly, the board's debut youtube video didn't make any mention of specific, high quality components, new or improved overclocking features, implementation of a previously, "only seen in the workstation/commercial market" piece of I/O (e.g. 10GBase-T LAN), etc. The vast majority of motherboards (mainstream market segment, as it is the most competitive and has the largest T.A.M.) looks almost identical in terms of layout and style and usually only differ in I/O and the color way, then the manufacturer will try and differentiate or "one up" each other with a certain singular unique features/utility. This is done by the biggest manufacturers like Asus with, what marketing types call, "top of mind awareness" of their brand as they're hoping it nudges (or forces) the consumers into basing their purchase on irrational, superficial distinctions like brand, and how the consumer "feels" toward that specific brand and lastly, on whatever "defining" feature they've chosen to distinguish their product [which are usually nothing more than a lot of marketing hype]. It'd cost a lot of money and time to have created something from scratch, and arguably, way too much of a financial risk for NZXT, especially considering this is an item with high manufacturing costs with respect to almost every other product they currently offer, and most likely, a much larger minimum order quantity from ECS, not like a $30 fan hub or something. Just look at how they hastily lowered the price by $50, they wouldn't have done so if they did not have the "headroom" in the board's standing cost/profit differential, which yet more evidence that it's nothing but "off the shelf" components and hardware design.

By no means am I criticizing or bad mouthing NZXT, in fact, what I'm saying is that they've made their attempt at this new market with the least risky means at their disposal(financially speaking). Also, I'd be willing to guess that NZXT's decision to go with ECS was based, first and foremost, on options, or lack there of....I don't know for sure, but I bet Asus or MSI don't entertain such business arraignments and wouldn't be willing to unless it was a partnership (e.g. EVGA and Kingpin, Asrock and Nick Shih, etc) of mutual publicity. Secondly, I can't really think of any large PCB manufacturer off the top of my head that would already have inventory (or easy access through established relationships) of Z370 chipsets on hand like I'm sure ECS, which again, lowers NZXT's required minimum investment into this mother as I'm sure it allowed ECS to enforce much smaller minimum order quantity on NZXT

Last edited:
System Name Daves
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard AsRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III 360
Memory 32 GiG Team Group B Die 3600
Video Card(s) Powercolor 5700 xt Red Devil
Storage Crucial MX 500 SSD and Intel P660 NVME 2TB for games
Display(s) Acer 144htz 27in. 2560x1440
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Corsair RM 750
Mouse EVGA
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Windows 10 Pro
You can't polish a turd, pepper!

We just need a motherboard made OUT OF rgb already.

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
Processor intel i7 3770 *Dellided*
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.1
Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro + Tt Riing12 x2 / Tt ThunderBlade / Gelid Slim 120UV fans
Memory 16GB DRR3 Kingoston with Custom Tt spreaders + HyperX Fan
Video Card(s) GeForce GTX 980 4GB Nvidia Sample
Storage Crucial M4 SSD 64GB's / Seagate Barracuda 2TB / Seagate Barracuda 320GB's
Display(s) 22" LG FLATRON 1920 x 1280p
Case Thermaltake Commander G42 Window
Audio Device(s) On-board Dolby 5.1+ Kingston HyperX Cloud 1
Power Supply Themaltake TR2 700W 80plus bronce & APC Pro backup 1000Va
Mouse Tt eSports Level 10M Rev 1.0 Diamond Black & Tt Conkor "L" mouse pad
Keyboard Tt eSports KNUCKER
Software windows 10x64Pro
Benchmark Scores well I've fried a 775' P4 12 years ago, that counts?
nzxt making motherboards now? introducing their 1st one with an insane price tag?
nice start nzxt, indeed :laugh:

Chloefile

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Fractal Design Define Mini C
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legendary
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Weird, I don't think that this is insanely priced. Tho for me, 200eur is the maximum what I would pay for a motherboard, I've seen much more expensive motherboards, and they're not overpriced IMO.

I might be the only one who thinks that. :D