• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA's New GPP Program Reportedly Engages in Monopolistic Practices

he did not bring anything new to the table..clickity clickty
but he was not "the sky is falling "unlike kyle or the shills on youtube
remember they get money for that with ads and advertising that we can't choose and they don't have a ad free channel or media.
1 of the same crappy things they claim what's so wrong with gpp

why not have gaming cards go to way of the games themselves and all that bullcrap involved with the gaming industry...we have a lot of restrictions when how and where we can play the game right?
no one stopped ngreeda on the way to the top,as a matter of fact amd basically did nothing to protect the market share
its your chance now brainiacks you can be the new number 2 gpu maker(that's for you intel just buy them already)

like I said put up or shut up AT this point we can not even reseasonably find arguments.

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
...so Nvdia wants their specialty product like a strix 1080ti to look different and have an exclusive name so it won't be identical to a vega 64 strix..... and will reward aib partners who do this.....from that stand point i see no evil.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
...so Nvdia wants their specialty product like a strix 1080ti to look different and have an exclusive name so it won't be identical to a vega 64 strix..... and will reward aib partners who do this.....from that stand point i see no evil.
That's a very oversimplified understanding. Not only do they want demand that, they demand that AIB partners bar AMD from their established gaming brands (which, like ROG, carry a heck of a lot of brand value and consumer goodwill), and if AIB partners don't comply, they'll withhold early access to parts (launch partner status), engineering support and financial support in terms of advertising - all of which they're already getting, without these new demands. In other words, Nvidia is (alleged to be) saying "If you want to maintain the status quo, kick AMD out of your best gaming brand." How is that not anticompetive, when the company saying it has a market share of >70%?

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
That's a very oversimplified understanding. Not only do they want demand that, they demand that AIB partners bar AMD from their established gaming brands (which, like ROG, carry a heck of a lot of brand value and consumer goodwill), and if AIB partners don't comply, they'll withhold early access to parts (launch partner status), engineering support and financial support in terms of advertising - all of which they're already getting, without these new demands. In other words, Nvidia is (alleged to be) saying "If you want to maintain the status quo, kick AMD out of your best gaming brand." How is that not anticompetive, when the company saying it has a market share of >70%?

No, they don't. Or at least that's not what the GPP say.
GPP says there has to be a gaming line exclusively dedicated to Nvidia.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
No, they don't. Or at least that's not what the GPP say.
GPP says there has to be a gaming line exclusively dedicated to Nvidia.

You both are saying the same thing, just from different directions. If AMD is already in a gaming line, then they have to be barred from it in order to have it be exclusively Nvidia.

bug

Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
You both are saying the same thing, just from different directions. If AMD is already in a gaming line, then they have to be barred from it in order to have it be exclusively Nvidia.
I believe you meant ROG, not AMD.
And if Asus can do "ROG Green" (Nvidia) and "ROG Red" (AMD), I believe everyone will be happy. I'm not 100% sure that will be possible, but from what I have understood from GPP, it will be.

More to the point, I don't expect unlawful clauses to be written as such directly into GPP (it would make it far too easy to shoot it down in the court). So inserting quotes from the GPP won't shed much light on the subject atm. We need on the record input from more parties involved, imho. Until then, we're just pretending to be in the know.

wow that's really old school to wait on real information
not saying true or not(as for any anti consumerism) but I have my rags soaked in lamp oil, sticks and the pitch forks ready

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Lol, yes, you are right. That’s what I get for not proofreading that post. ;)

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Lol, yes, you are right. That’s what I get for not proofreading that post. ;)
No worries, happens to the best of us. As long as it's understandable, we're ok.

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!

......whhoops there it is....... never mind........ found the evil. If they modify their demand into create a line called "blah blah" exclusively for us then i could almost understand their point but to pillage an establihed brand excusively for them is a major no no.

System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
And if Asus can do "ROG Green" (Nvidia) and "ROG Red" (AMD), I believe everyone will be happy. I'm not 100% sure that will be possible, but from what I have understood from GPP, it will be.

More to the point, I don't expect unlawful clauses to be written as such directly into GPP (it would make it far too easy to shoot it down in the court). So inserting quotes from the GPP won't shed much light on the subject atm. We need on the record input from more parties involved, imho. Until then, we're just pretending to be in the know.
That is true and seems like a decent solution but the question remains (at least to me) how far does this go (I don't think there is enough info one way or another to completely judge)? For Instance:

-Are they allowed to use similar names (Like say ROG STRIX even with an additional word at the end like green or red)
-Will the cooler have to be different and if so how much?
-Will colors be a part of this (Doubtful one as I find that a bit extreme but you never know)

A lot of this sounds like it is up to Nvidia's discretion which I think is a bit of a problem. Mostly because that can be as easy as just a slight name adjustment to crazy demands about design and color.

Wow. It happened. Jay made a video on it.

Mentions when he tried to talk to anyone about GPP they wouldn't.

Did research on this and looked at the legalities of this program. It seems very likely that it is a very carefully crafted attempt at a loophole in antitrust laws. However there are clauses within the antitrust laws that explicitly prohibit deliberate attempts to circumvent the theory, technicality and ethics of these laws. Nvidia is crossing a line and it seems they are getting attention from government regulators. This program is blatantly unlawful and is very likely to gain prosecution in every country that has anti-trust laws. Even the government of China is looking into this(and that is never a good thing).

How often does Jay do serious videos like that and has a seemingly genuine tone of worry in his voice?

This is one of many instances in the latest trend from tech companies to push the boundaries of the law by blatantly breaking them. This is a very troubling trend..

Now the question is does this violate anti-trust laws... Even if people find it unethical that does not matter in the long run compared to the law. In some ways I am leaning towards "It crossed the line" because it was so secretive and no one wants to talk about it. However, Nvidia is not stupid and would not do something without consulting its lawyers first (Then again I could have said the same about Intel in this regard).

Either way, this is going to be interesting.

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
That is true and seems like a decent solution but the question remains (at least to me) how far does this go (I don't think there is enough info one way or another to completely judge)? For Instance:

-Are they allowed to use similar names (Like say ROG STRIX even with an additional word at the end like green or red)
-Will the cooler have to be different and if so how much?
-Will colors be a part of this (Doubtful one as I find that a bit extreme but you never know)

A lot of this sounds like it is up to Nvidia's discretion which I think is a bit of a problem. Mostly because that can be as easy as just a slight name adjustment to crazy demands about design and color.

What's not explicitly included in an agreement can and will be interpreted in favor of the party that didn't draft it.

So the answers to your questions would be yes, no and no. But it all depends on what other pressure Nvidia will put on manufacturers and of that we know next to nothing atm.
Think about this: if you were Nvidia and investing money in promoting brands, would you pay to promote ROG if ROG was made up of both Nvidia and AMD products? I'm sure Nvidia didn't come up with GPP out of goodness of their hearts, but at the same time I realize there can be legit reasoning behind those clauses.

System Name Gentoo64 /w Cold Coffee
Processor 9900K 5.2GHz @1.312v
Motherboard MXI APEX
Cooling Raystorm Pro + 1260mm Super Nova
Memory 2x16GB TridentZ 4000-14-14-28-2T @1.6v
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 LiquidX Barrow 3015MHz @1.1v
Storage 660P 1TB, 860 QVO 2TB
Display(s) LG C1 + Predator XB1 QHD
Case Open Benchtable V2
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi
Power Supply MSI A1000G
Mouse G502
Keyboard G815
Software Gentoo/Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Always only ever very fast
What's not explicitly included in an agreement can and will be interpreted in favor of the party that didn't draft it.

So the answers to your questions would be yes, no and no. But it all depends on what other pressure Nvidia will put on manufacturers and of that we know next to nothing atm.
Think about this: if you were Nvidia and investing money in promoting brands, would you pay to promote ROG if ROG was made up of both Nvidia and AMD products? I'm sure Nvidia didn't come up with GPP out of goodness of their hearts, but at the same time I realize there can be legit reasoning behind those clauses.

No way... no! The internet is a digital place filled with digital people and their binary views, 1 for good and 0 for bad. Superposition is only coming with the quantum internet.

I agree with your sentiment. Right now, NVidia is so far ahead in performance that it doesn't make any sense for uneducated consumers to see the same branding for such different performance levels. Hey, my RoG isn't performing as well as your RoG! WTH! RoG is a lie!

Reactions: bug
System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016

That is where I am a little worried about it, I doubt a lot of what I said would come to fruition but who knows and with Nvidia's power they can influence pretty easily. My point was just that they could and not that I know they are going to.

No way... no! The internet is a digital place filled with digital people and their binary views, 1 for good and 0 for bad. Superposition is only coming with the quantum internet.

I agree with your sentiment. Right now, NVidia is so far ahead in performance that it doesn't make any sense for uneducated consumers to see the same branding for such different performance levels. Hey, my RoG isn't performing as well as your RoG! WTH! RoG is a lie!
You would be surprised how much people will buy something off just a name alone without realizing which one they are buying. Losing those names all the way (Not saying they are just IF) would turn off many consumers who buy cards. I know plenty of people who buy cards just based on decorations on the box. Just "OC" letters make people think its amazing and the other names like STRIX, Lightning, etc can really make a difference to some. I agree with you that right now Nvidia is so far ahead it can confuse people having names like that across boards, I have had one recently accidently buy an AMD card without realizing it because he thought it was something else under a brand he likes (Gigabyte actually).

Last edited:

Highly doubtful. Red & Green would be sub-branding of ROG, ie like Strix is to ROG. If the idea of the GPP is to have Nvidia align exclusively with their gaming brand any sub-branding of the "Gaming Brand" would be a no.

Geh Asus, now they are selling Geforces under brands and sub-brands like ROG Strix Gaming, ROG Poseidon Gaming, Expedition, Cerberus, Dual, Phoenix and Turbo. If GPP forces them to shrink that under one major brand I'm all over with that change.

Geh Asus, now they are selling Geforces under brands and sub-brands like ROG Strix Gaming, ROG Poseidon Gaming, Expedition, Cerberus, Dual, Phoenix and Turbo. If GPP forces them to shrink that under one major brand I'm all over with that change.

It will dilute their branding.

Reference base air blowers AIB cards never make it to Gaming Brands. Asus ROG, Gigabyte Aorus, MSI Gaming, those will be "Gaming Brand". What is more likely to happen is those current Non-gaming brand products get consolidated with the "Gaming Brand" with their own sub-brands or similar.

Or they simply wont sell them and Nvidia boxes them (AIBs/OEMs) out and sells more reference Founders Edition directly

Last edited:

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Highly doubtful. Red & Green would be sub-branding of ROG, ie like Strix is to ROG.
highly doubtful based on what? Red and Green were just my dumb suggestions, the idea is nothing I have seen so far prevents a manufacturer from having two gaming brands.
If the idea of the GPP is to have Nvidia align exclusively with their gaming brand any sub-branding of the "Gaming Brand" would be a no.
Big if. Again, only based on your assumption that there can be only one gaming brand.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
highly doubtful based on what? Red and Green were just my dumb suggestions, the idea is nothing I have seen so far prevents a manufacturer from having two gaming brands.

Big if. Again, only based on your assumption that there can be only one gaming brand.
The funny thing here is that you seem hell-bent on not actually tackling the question of "what constitutes a brand", all the while putting forward your self-proclaimed "dumb suggestions" as explanation on why this isn't problematic. I'm not denying that you might be right, but would you mind reading my first post in this thread, where I attempt to focus on this, and respond to it? My reason for disagreeing with you is that I don't see any variation of "ROG X" and "ROG Y" as complying with the "gaming brand exclusively aligned with Nvidia" terminology, due to ROG itself (regardless of sub-brands and derivatives) being the gaming brand.

Of course Nvidia isn't (even allegedly) saying "Asus can no longer sell AMD" - that would be blatantly illegal, and would be a PR disaster a lot worse than this - but the reported wording makes it quite explicit that shared branding (such as ROG) would be a no-go. You're welcome to disagree, but I expect you to be able to argue that point with regard to what's been reported, not just "all this is unconfirmed so we should just assume it's all ok."

The logical extension of this is that any AMD gaming brand from ASUS would need a name that isn't ROG - which locks AMD out from ROG's massive brand recognition and established consumer trust. Effectively, Asus AMD Gaming would be reset, starting from zero, while Asus Nvidia Gaming would keep going with current momentum at the very least. Is that anticompetitive? I'd say yes.

These are publicly traded for-profit companies in a multi-billion dollar industry with enormous R&D costs, multi-year development cycles, short product lifespans and tight profit margins. Of course they have incentives to push the boundaries of legality in order to maximize profits. That's almost a given. We have no reason to assume any big tech company (or really any other big company) wants anything more than our money. They are definitely not consumers' friends. I'd rather be a pessimist here and have the occasional happy surprise, rather than be constantly put down by all the shirt things these companies do.

While unconfirmed reports from off-the-record sources should always be taken with a pinch of salt, this is exactly the type of situation where no-one would be able to go on the record, as they'd no doubt lose their jobs. That Kyle had the story corroborated from various sources at different companies is about as much as we can expect. Nvidia's non-reply to this can also be read as telling: if these "unofficial" GPP clauses didn't exist, why not just say so? What do they stand to lose? Still, as with any investigative reporting we have to trust in the integrity of the journalist responsible. I'm frankly not familiar enough with Kyle or HardOCP to pass judgment on that, but as all I've ever heard is that he's been accused of pro-Nvidia bias, this doesn't exactly add up either. I'm open to this being the proverbial mountain made out of a molehill, but so far I've seen nothing to convince me that there isn't something significantly fishy going on.

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
The funny thing here is that you seem hell-bent on not actually tackling the question of "what constitutes a brand", all the while putting forward your self-proclaimed "dumb suggestions" as explanation on why this isn't problematic. I'm not denying that you might be right, but would you mind reading my first post in this thread, where I attempt to focus on this, and respond to it? My reason for disagreeing with you is that I don't see any variation of "ROG X" and "ROG Y" as complying with the "gaming brand exclusively aligned with Nvidia" terminology, due to ROG itself (regardless of sub-brands and derivatives) being the gaming brand.

No, of course I don't want to get into details, because details is what we don't have. You seem to think there can be only one, I don't. Can we just leave it at that?

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
And why do you suppose has saphire turned into Amds main card partner could it be that they exclusively make Amd cards because no one else is, and many aibs stopped making as many variations of Amd card a few years ago hmmnn timelines

Also unsurprisingly it was AMD that gave the first hints to kyle and id wager they Know what's going on.

@bug how can you see all GPU makers top Gaming brands going soley Nvidia as anything but anti competitive , if the Gaming brands were all Nvidia wtf do you call the Amd line.
If you're marketing pushes your top gamng brand as the best for gaming then exactly how do you describe option B without it being derised by your own marketing.

This stuffs bad for customers and should not be put up with imho.
Sapphire has been their main AIB partner for near decades. I can dig out my X1900XtT Crossfire Master Card with the half peeled Sapphire sticker with Ruby underneath. Sapphire has ALWAYS been there.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Sapphire has been their main AIB partner for near decades. I can dig out my X1900XtT Crossfire Master Card with the half peeled Sapphire sticker with Ruby underneath. Sapphire has ALWAYS been there.
They're not restricted to Amd though on any level known, but yeh I agree they're one of few now but i always choose their card's nowadays for AMD mostly palit for Nvidia.

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
They're not restricted to Amd though on any level known, but yeh I agree they're one of few now but i always choose their card's nowadays for AMD mostly palit for Nvidia.
Zotac is the other side. They are both under PCPartner

System Name Gentoo64 /w Cold Coffee
Processor 9900K 5.2GHz @1.312v
Motherboard MXI APEX
Cooling Raystorm Pro + 1260mm Super Nova
Memory 2x16GB TridentZ 4000-14-14-28-2T @1.6v
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 LiquidX Barrow 3015MHz @1.1v
Storage 660P 1TB, 860 QVO 2TB
Display(s) LG C1 + Predator XB1 QHD
Case Open Benchtable V2
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi
Power Supply MSI A1000G
Mouse G502
Keyboard G815
Software Gentoo/Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Always only ever very fast
The logical extension of this is that any AMD gaming brand from ASUS would need a name that isn't ROG - which locks AMD out from ROG's massive brand recognition and established consumer trust. Effectively, Asus AMD Gaming would be reset, starting from zero, while Asus Nvidia Gaming would keep going with current momentum at the very least. Is that anticompetitive? I'd say yes.

So a product that performs faster and has more marketshare cannot awaken to a revelation of control for its image? Is NVidiia actually breaking a prior contract to do shared branding? If not, the partners screwed themselves by lumping two competing products into the same brand to save marketing costs and confuse uneducated consumers. As far as NVidia is concerned, they probably feel they carried AMD in many of the partner brands these past several years.