• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ID-Cooling Releases AURAFLOW X 240 Budget RGB AIO Water Cooler

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ID-COOLING a cooling solution provider focusing on thermal dissipation and fan technology research and production for over 10 years, announced AURAFLOW X 240 AIO water cooler, featuring the newly developed powerful pump and 12V RGB lighting on both the pump and fans at the same time synchronizing with motherboard RGB control.

AURAFLOW X 240 is equipped with the newly developed powerful pump which has the flow rate reaching up to 106L/H, lift range 1.3m H2O. The pump block has a micro-fin copper base to ensure the best cooling performance. Power connector is 3pin with a 3pin to Molex adapter to help ensure 12V constant input to ensure maximum cooling performance. It also comes with a standard 12V RGB connector.

Solid connectors are used on both ends of the premium sleeved tubing, more reliable & performance efficient. Tubing length is 400mm. Inside the tubing is self-contained highly efficient and eco-friendly liquid coolant.

A pair of RGB fans are included. Fan blades are made of special lighting diffusing material to help spread the light evenly. Fan speed is PWM controlled from 700 to 1800RPM, pushing max. airflow of 74.5CFM each. Rubber dampeners on fan frame are provided to absorb vibration to lower operation noise.

The pump and two fans have separate RGB cables which can all connected to the RGB splitter, through which the RGB lighting can be controlled either by motherboard software or the included internal controller. The RGB splitter supports 4 devices at the same time, so users can add an extra RGB LED fan.

Universal mounting brackets are included. AURAFLOW X 240 is compatible with Intel LGA2066/2011/1366/1150/1151/1155/1156 & AMD TR4/AM4/FM2+/FM2/FM1/AM3(+)/AM2(+).

MSRP for AURAFLOW X 240: USD $79.99 / 79.99€. Available date: Late November, 2018. For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
The idea of a 'budget' water cooling solution slightly worries me. :eek:

I really really dig the aesthetics of the block though. This looks nice and clean.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Anutha day, yet ANUTHA set of xmas lights to cool ya rig....yipee....snooze....yawn.....:D

I recently reviewed an ID-Cooling AIO, the Dashflow, and the mounting backplate of this looks exactly like that... which is a bad thing.

Over a repeated amount of mounts, or just over time, the foam backing compresses, reducing the contact between the cold plate and the CPU IHS.

This issue is further exacerbated by the mounting screws which don't seem to have a notch to hold them when tightening it down, which caused them to rotate at the same time as being tightened,

And also the screws which were too long that didn't help as well; created issues with getting proper amount of pressure between the cooler and the CPU...

The only one that I've seen that doesn't use this mounting is the Zoomflow, but I have yet to check that out.

EDIT: I've reviewed the standard Auraflow before, and it uses this same mounting as well, so if this is anything like that... I wouldn't get it. Back when I reviewed that I couldn't figure out why the performance was getting steadily worse over time but now I know.

The idea of 106 liters/hour being described as "powerful" is frightening... Depending on system, I won't settle for less than 1.00 to 1.25. This is what I use... normal usage runs about 35% (1.25 gpm) ... peak temps at about 55% ...after that no real improvement in flow rate and always quiet. I wouldn't never want anything below 1.00 gpm and always design around 1.5 .... this is about 40% of that