• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield V Update: Tides of War, Chapter 1: Overture Was Delayed, Live Now

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
For Electronic Arts when it rains, it pours, as Battlefield V continues to experience a multitude of issues. The various controversies and problems that plagued the game leading up to its release were terrible enough. Now with numerous bugs such as audio issues to squash along with balancing of guns and gadgets, DICE remains unable to catch a break. They have now discovered yet another problem, this time resulting in the delay of their first Tides of War content update "Chapter 1: Overture." This particular update was to deliver the new Panzerstorm map, vehicle visual customization options, The Last Tiger War Story, and the practice range among other things. All this new content will still be released but when that is is currently unknown.

DICE expects the delay to be a short one, but no official date for the launch has been set.

Update (5th Dec, 10:00 UTC): The update is now live and distributing via Origin.

Update (5th Dec, 14:30 UTC): We have just posted a detailed performance review of this patch across all three RTX graphics cards, at three resolutions each. To summarize, the performance gains are big enough that the RTX 2080 Ti can comfortably handle 4K again, and RTX 2080 be capable of 4K with some riders.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Eric's Battlestation
Processor Core i7 6700k
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
Cooling Fractal Design Celsius S24
Memory Patriot Viper Steel Series DDR4 32GB 3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Mech 6750 XT
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, Intel 660p 2TB
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Power Supply EVGA G2-XR 80 Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Steelseries Rival 3
Keyboard Logitech G810
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home
This is another example of why one shouldn't buy Early Access games from SJW pandering studios. They're just not that good at what they do. This a real shame because Battlefield used to be an awesome franchise.

This is another example of why one shouldn't buy Early Access games from SJW pandering studios. They're just not that good at what they do. This a real shame because Battlefield used to be an awesome franchise.

The game has been out of Early Access for awhile and delaying an update to fix some serious bugs is an example of what a studio should do irrespective of whether or not it tries to be PC. I don't care that there are women in the game, and they're kinda hot anyway. After all, maps and mechanics are vastly more important than the historically inaccurate inclusion of women on the front lines. Maps, game mechanics, and content is what determines the game's success, and BFV is off to a great start. Men's face, women's faces.... they're just faces to shoot off in multiplayer.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
The game has been out of Early Access for awhile and delaying an update to fix some serious bugs is an example of what a studio should do irrespective of whether or not it tries to be PC. I don't care that there are women in the game, and they're kinda hot anyway. After all, maps and mechanics are vastly more important than the historically inaccurate inclusion of women on the front lines. Maps, game mechanics, and content is what determines the game's success, and BFV is off to a great start. Men's face, women's faces.... they're just faces to shoot off in multiplayer.

Its a lot deeper than that sadly. They wrote the brave men who took part in some of WWII's operations out of their own story and replaced them with women. Normally a single woman. A woman that falls off a bridge into freezing water, overpowers a soldier that is caught off guard at an outpost while soaking wet and suffering hyperthermia then going on to single handedly blowing up a nazi factory that was making a component for nukes -- Operation Gunnerside

This is one of the more notable 'inaccuracies' in the game. There are probably a few more.

Once the price starts getting heavily discounted in the UK, only then will i consider picking it up

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Inaccuracies...... game.

Its not a sim, boys. :)

this is a dumb statement. Yes youre right, its not a sim. but a sim could also be inaccurate. Elite Dangerous or Star Citizen are space sims but are sorta based on a fictional or alternate reality.

Why take real life events and rewrite them if you werent going to portray it accurately anyway? Why not just re-write the whole thing into an alternate reality where Nazi Germany won the war and the entire world was oppressed but someone found unicorns on the dark side of the moon and used them as a tool to fight back?

Battlefield has always been about staying true to some sort of lore. Its what people wanted more of from BF1 war stories but to write the brave people out of actual events that happened the way they did to panda towards women and SJWs?? Its like shitting on someone's grave.

If they weaved the game into an alternate reality. Nobody would bad an eyelid, but they didn't.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
A sim INTENDS to be more accurate as it SIMULATES an activity. This is not a SIM.

Why take real life events and rewrite them if you werent going to portray it accurately anyway?
I don't know... it is their story.

As dumb as you feel my statement is, I also think its 'dumb' to expect accuracy out of a video game that isn't intended to do so. You said it yourself, its a story. I'm sorry they didn't write it the way you wanted and cucked/soy boy'd it up.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
A sim INTENDS to be more accurate as it SIMULATES an activity. This is not a SIM.

I don't know... it is their story.

As dumb as you feel my statement is, I also think its 'dumb' to expect accuracy out of a video game that isn't intended to do so. You said it yourself, its a story. I'm sorry they didn't write it the way you wanted and cucked/soy boy'd it up.
Inaccuracies aside, this seems one plot change the community doesn't particularly enjoy. Still, it's not as bad as some portray it to be. We could have been playing Bugs Bunny instead.

Processor Ryzen 9 7950X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E MPG Carbon Wifi
Cooling Custom loop, 2x360mm radiator,Lian Li UNI, EK XRes140,EK Velocity2
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5-6400 @ 6400MHz C32
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra OC Scanner core +750 mem
Storage MP600 2TB,960 EVO 1TB,XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB,Micron 1100 2TB,OCZ Vector 512GB,1.5TB Caviar Green
Display(s) Acer X34S, Acer XB270HU
Case LianLi O11 Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Logitech G-Pro X Wireless
Power Supply EVGA P3 1200W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G512 Carbon w/ GX Brown
VR HMD HP Reverb G2 (V2)
Software Win 11
this is a dumb statement. Yes youre right, its not a sim. but a sim could also be inaccurate. Elite Dangerous or Star Citizen are space sims but are sorta based on a fictional or alternate reality.

Why take real life events and rewrite them if you werent going to portray it accurately anyway? Why not just re-write the whole thing into an alternate reality where Nazi Germany won the war and the entire world was oppressed but someone found unicorns on the dark side of the moon and used them as a tool to fight back?

Battlefield has always been about staying true to some sort of lore. Its what people wanted more of from BF1 war stories but to write the brave people out of actual events that happened the way they did to panda towards women and SJWs?? Its like shitting on someone's grave.

If they weaved the game into an alternate reality. Nobody would bad an eyelid, but they didn't.

Have you seen "The Social Network"? Because it's about as accurate about "The Zucks'" life as you're describing here.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10

Panda's have nothing to do with it. Besides, the often misused abbreviations aside - they didn't pander to anyone. They saw a large gaming market and felt, let's include them. It is odd how many boys like to play as girls in so many games yet when a girl wants to be a girl, it's an abomination of history. BF V is a game. It's designed to be fun and make money. It's really that simple. If you want nothing but absolute historical accuracy, you'll not find it in a AAA title. And again, if it's meant to be accurate, why have planes that can manoeuvre at 60mph across the sky? Or anything that isn't absolutely lifelike?

If you want to enjoy history, read a book. Don't play games for history lessons.

System Name Eric's Battlestation
Processor Core i7 6700k
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
Cooling Fractal Design Celsius S24
Memory Patriot Viper Steel Series DDR4 32GB 3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Mech 6750 XT
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, Intel 660p 2TB
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Power Supply EVGA G2-XR 80 Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Steelseries Rival 3
Keyboard Logitech G810
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home
You people who say read a book or play a Sim are missing the point. Battlefield used to be based in reality, but now clearly isn't. If they marketed the game as alternate history, then this wouldn't be an issue. However, seeing as they present the game as based in history and reality, there are far too many contradictions to take it seriously. Combine this with the fact the game is as bug ridden as ever, there is no reason to applaud a turd of a game as this one.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Panda's have nothing to do with it. Besides, the often misused abbreviations aside - they didn't pander to anyone. They saw a large gaming market and felt, let's include them. It is odd how many boys like to play as girls in so many games yet when a girl wants to be a girl, it's an abomination of history. BF V is a game. It's designed to be fun and make money. It's really that simple. If you want nothing but absolute historical accuracy, you'll not find it in a AAA title. And again, if it's meant to be accurate, why have planes that can manoeuvre at 60mph across the sky? Or anything that isn't absolutely lifelike?

If you want to enjoy history, read a book. Don't play games for history lessons.

Making money aside, BFV sales are doing rather badly compared to the previous Battlefield releases.

System Name Heavy Glass
Processor I7 10700K
Motherboard Asus Maximus XII Hero Wifi
Cooling Corsair H100i V2
Memory 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080ti
Storage Samsung NVME 500GB, Samsung 1TB SSD, Toshiba 2TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XG270HU 1440p/LG IPS 1080p
Case Thermaltake View 71
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i V2
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition
Software Win 10
I seriously can"t believe some of you care that there are women playiers in this game. It's insanity making the "it's not historical" comment. It's just a video game. Reading these comments made me facepalm so hard I fell out of my chair.

You people who say read a book or play a Sim are missing the point. Battlefield used to be based in reality, but now clearly isn't. If they marketed the game as alternate history, then this wouldn't be an issue. However, seeing as they present the game as based in history and reality, there are far too many contradictions to take it seriously. Combine this with the fact the game is as bug ridden as ever, there is no reason to applaud a turd of a game as this one.

Yes, reality. You know hit points, carrying multiple weapons and bullets in your magic pocket, running with near infinite stamina, simulated war that even a first year West Point grad would not attempt. Yeah - reality.

It is a game. It takes reality as a jumping point not its main intent. Its main intent is to entertain. Not all. Just some.

I assume you are old enough to understand the difference between a movie and news?

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Yes, reality. You know hit points, carrying multiple weapons and bullets in your magic pocket, running with near infinite stamina, simulated war that even a first year West Point grad would not attempt. Yeah - reality.

It is a game. It takes reality as a jumping point not its main intent. Its main intent is to entertain. Not all. Just some.

I assume you are old enough to understand the difference between a movie and news?

My point of view is from someone who has played pretty much every Battlefield release - In most of them if not all, there was no infinite stamina.

Ive watched the game slowly degenerate into such a shit bucket of a mess. The game stuck to some form or level of realism (not counting BF:2142) but all that has been corroded away by questionable designs, ideals and ideas that have been implemented into the game. Not to mention the PR headaches on the lead up to its release with Patrick Soderlund and some other DICE/EA executive shitting on the BF community.

yes it was annoying but I wasnt mad about the females in the game thing, but its the way they implemented them to cater towards the SJW community and Soderlund's 6year old daughter who's not even old enough to play the damn game but he wants to make a game that she can play too without questioning why she cant be a female in it.....

If you want to hear a 45min rant about what is wrong with the game then this video says it all....

I share this guys opinions on the game.

If they wanted to f**k around with the franchise like this then they should of just made it an entirely different game. Dont put it in with the Battlefield Universe/franchise.

EA is suffering and that can only be a good thing because as a gaming community we stood up and said that we wont tolerate their bullshit anymore.... That still wont stop EA paying off reviewers with deep ties to the industry to ignore the customers issues they have with the game and leave a gleaming review when it is actually a steaming pile of poo... Hell for the price charged for the game. youre not even getting the full game. you are being charged full price for an unfinished product...

The game is selling badly so Its been discounted now though.

While you might enjoy the game. there are many of us that have played all if not most of the Battlefield titles and wont touch this steaming pile of poo.

This stupid SJW vs anti-SJW is dumb.

Making a game is an art form like movies and books and such.

If the themes of the maker upsets you don't play the game. No one tells Ayn Rand that she should write a more liberal version of Atlas Shrugged.
Or Martin Scorsese should less romantic comedies because that is what is popular.
Nobody ever see it the other way. I mean is Lara Croft more realistic than a female soldier in BF? There is no good answer to that. You know why???? Both are games!!!

People lost their shit when they find out Metroid was a woman. Now its just meh.

My point of view is from someone who has played pretty much every Battlefield release - In most of them if not all, there was no infinite stamina.

Ive watched the game slowly degenerate into such a shit bucket of a mess. The game stuck to some form or level of realism (not counting BF:2142) but all that has been corroded away by questionable designs, ideals and ideas that have been implemented into the game. Not to mention the PR headaches on the lead up to its release with Patrick Soderlund and some other DICE/EA executive shitting on the BF community.

yes it was annoying but I wasnt mad about the females in the game thing, but its the way they implemented them to cater towards the SJW community and Soderlund's 6year old daughter who's not even old enough to play the damn game but he wants to make a game that she can play too without questioning why she cant be a female in it.....

If you want to hear a 45min rant about what is wrong with the game then this video says it all....

If they wanted to f**k around with the franchise like this then they should of just made it an entirely different game. Dont put it in with the Battlefield Universe/franchise.

EA is suffering and that can only be a good thing because as a gaming community we stood up and said that we wont tolerate their bullshit anymore.... That still wont stop EA paying off reviewers with deep ties to the industry to ignore the customers issues they have with the game and leave a gleaming review when it is actually a steaming pile of poo... Hell for the price charged for the game. youre not even getting the full game. you are being charged full price for an unfinished product...

While you might enjoy the game. there are many of us that have played all if not most of the Battlefield titles and wont touch this steaming pile of poo.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro

Blame EA/DICE for putting it into their game. Nobody cared but soderland wanted this year to be a year to break the mold and reach out because he felt like females werent being represented in games.... Now that the game is out no SJWs cared to buy the game anyway.

Normally yes. but did you know that Activision and Bethesda have been copying and pasting games like call of duty, Fallout, Skyrim, oblivion for years if not a complete decade??? BF5 is a copy paste of BF1 which in a small part is a copy paste of Battlefront which in a small part is a copy paste of a few maps in BF4 but with a few tweaks under the hood. Fifa is a copy and paste. Madden is a copy paste, NFL, NBA -- all sports games by EA have been more or less a copy paste. They just update the graphics once in a while but mainly update the database which holds the names of all the players

The days you speak of are long gone. Now its about how little effort they can put in for maximum profit -- this doesnt lead to a great game. People get tired of it.

If the themes of the maker upsets you don't play the game.

I havent touched the game

Nobody ever see it the other way. I mean is Lara Croft more realistic than a female soldier in BF? There is no good answer to that. You know why???? Both are games!!!

Actually yes there is. She is. You've forgotten the time when she had oversized polygon boobs and part of the internet was mad because Edios was sexualising women so they took her boobs away.

People lost their shit when they find out Metroid was a woman. Now its just meh.

Not me, I didnt really care. I didnt care that they took lara croft's boobs away either, Ive played a few tomb raider games but I never saw the appeal.

If the themes of the maker upsets you don't play the game. No one tells Ayn Rand that she should write a more liberal version of Atlas Shrugged.
Or Martin Scorsese should less romantic comedies because that is what is popular.

I usually dont mind about this whole diversity thing (as long they dont make up poor writing by virtue signaling and throwing it in our face) but you should watch this

anyway Im avoiding this BF either way because it plays more like a CoD than a Battlefield, its gameplay has been like this since BF3. for those that prefer this type of game-play, good for you, you get to enjoy.

I have also played BF for many years through most of the releases but I have a different view.
The developers didn't force an agenda. They recognised that gaming has become mainstream and women need to be represented to feel included. It was only when some people started making a lot of noise about the inclusion of women that they said anything about it. People saying dumb things like it 'dishonored WW2 vets' with a straight face while talking about a GAME based on real life trauma, suffering and self sacrifice.

When people say its only about the accuracy its the dumbest thing I've ever heard because I've never seen anyone take a 50cal round and keep running or heard of any WW2 red dot sights but that must be OK some how? So things that never happened or are impossible are OK but women being included who did serve and did fight in many roles, often seeing more direct action than many males, including with the russian army and the french resistance are not. Right.

Its painfully transparent that some people just don't want women intruding into their precious boys only domain or at least don't want them made welcome. Promoting that view widely is a huge mistake and all of us should be shouting it down. The cost involved in producing modern games has skyrocketed and with that comes far more oversight including maximising the audience. If it is percieved that this genre or gaming in general is largely populated by women hating alt right wierdos then the money will stop. Its really that simple.

The apparent bad reception of the game has been siezed on by some of these people as vindication that they were right, completely ignoring all the other changes that have been made to the game and what has been happening to gaming in general. Fashions and taste changes, which is why there is going to be a tacked on 'Battle Royal' mode. That seems like a pretty obvious sign that the developers saw a changing gaming landscape that has a lot to do with what is happening. The women thing is just a distraction that is being used by the Alt right and their supporters for politics, not by the developers. Developers want to make money, not politics.

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Developers want to make money

and they currently arent making money

EA Price.png

They put their money on the wrong horse with BF5 and lost. Like i said, I dont really care that women are in the game but its the way they were implement and written into it.

You may have your opinion but BF5 was just a few more nails in the coffin for EA after how they ruined battlefront and a host of other titles. Im from the camp that does not agree with how the game turned out so will not touch it. You are free to enjoy it as much as you wish though.

Last edited: