• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Achieves Gender Pay Equity Globally

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11
Wow... really reaching aren't you. Or just putting your head in the sand and trying to act like a white knight. Yes, we had women work in our office and they did less work. She also cried when confronted about mistakes even when our bosses went out of their way to pamper her and try to be as soft as possible, something the rest of us never got the privilege of. Check out the YouTube videos where women start their own company and hired only females and they ate themselves out of a job in two years time (the whole thing went under). And I'm not about to fall for your arguments of the past, that's exactly where that is pertinent.... in the past and not the present. There is no patriarchy keeping women down, they do that just fine themselves. Just get a group of women together then show them a profile of a successful and happy women and see all the vitriol they start spewing. Don't get me wrong, us men are just as likely to hunt for a weakness in our peers (fellow men) but that should be evidence that we don't necessarily have it out for women. Any by the way, yes men are better in the STEM fields. Look at GPA, graduation percentages (ratios of those entering STEM field to those graduating so we don't need to do the whole but there are more men in the fields so of course they graduate more..... percentage of those graduating that entered) and simply look at the number of entrepreneurs in the tech industry; many more men starting businesses than woman. So again, your argument is a fallacy and you will not convince me otherwise. It's called experience, and I draw my conclusions from it.

You went straight to a personal ancedote. That's reaching.

We all know the answer to that.

Indeed. For anyone concerned about how Intel defines equality, read the OP. It says it right there and non of your liberal conspiracys are coming true.

Thanks for reminding me why I stay away.

Processor 2500K @ 4.5GHz 1.28V
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
Cooling Corsair A70
Memory 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600 9-9-9-24 1T
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 470
Storage Crucial m4 128GB + Seagate RAID 1 (1TB x 2)
Display(s) Dell 22" 1680x1050 nothing special
Case Antec 300
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W
Software Windows 7 64bit Pro
You went straight to a personal ancedote. That's reaching.
Or it's a case of giving actual/personal events instead of relying on other's experiences. Also known as first hand knowledge.

Wage equality does not mean equal pay for unequal work - it means equal pay for equal work. Period.
I believe that is the crux of most people's arguments. I believe (or at least hope) that would be the overwhelming consensus here; the part that begins to divide us is the extent / belief of its existence today. (that sounded a bit round about.... I think it'd be difficult to find someone here that thinks women / anyone shouldn't be paid equal as their fellow men for equal work.) The issue also gets muddied with the: everyone is special and unique, but wait...... we're all equal? So some people aren't better at some things than others?? Or are we ALL unequal in that we are unique? Some people will always be better and some people will always be worse in an identical position. Merit based should be the way to evaluate salaries, not gender.

.......... If so, nothing at all has changed - so why are you protesting?

I can't speak for everyone protesting the announcement but I for one see it as virtue signaling (using the below definition). To me it just seems Intel is trying to drum up some free feel good publicity for either correcting something that they either should not have let happen in the first place and the onus is on them or for changing nothing at all or that they had very little to do and are just patting themselves on the back.

vir·tue sig·nal·ing
noun
noun: virtue signalling; noun: virtue signaling
  1. the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

Last edited:
Processor 9700K
Motherboard Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac
Cooling Alpenfohn Black Ridge
Memory 32GB Micron VLP 18ADF2G72AZ-3G2E1
Video Card(s) 3090 FE
Display(s) Samsung G9 NEO
Case Formd T1
Power Supply Corsair SF750
I'm not buying it. There's inequity between the same genders and titles of people. So much so that corporation don't want people to have discussions of salaries or raises among coworkers.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard B550 Aorus PRO V2
Cooling Corsair H115i RGB Platinum
Memory Gskill Trident Z Neo 3600 2x16GB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3070 Trio X
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB NVME/Supertalent Teranova 2x1TB
Display(s) Acer XV340CK
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G513 Tactile
Software Windows 10 Pro
What non-sense.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
That's a view with a very short historical horizon. Binary gender as we know it is to a large degree a 20th century (Western) phenomenon - quite a few cultures, including Western countries, have had non-binary gender structures before modernity. The 20th century (and the 19th, though to a lesser degree) was generally characterized by ever-increasing systematization and formalization of designations, which (thanks in large part to the lack of actual knowledge among a lot of the people making these definitions official, or their morality) has created a far more rigid and restrictive society than any seen before. "PC culture" is a necessary and obvious response to this, particularly later developments such as gender studies and understandings of social interaction such as actor network theory - these are schools of thought that seek to break down oversimplified and overly restrictive categorizations that don't match reality so that we can understand reality better. Period. They're not always right (at least not right off the bat), but they generally move us in a positive direction.

I'm not sure how you're defining rigidity here as most historical societies Western, Middle Eastern and Asian pre-19th century were lethal when breaking social norms by virtually any measure (i.e. Inquisition, pre-meiji restoration japan, russia etc.). In the middle east there are still radical sects throwing homosexuals off rooftops -- I'm pretty sure they're more rigid than any 20th century western society barring a few extreme outliers.

Also:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...-hypatia-mein-kampf-racism-column/1575219002/

Essentially, gender studies and 'grievance studies' fields that followed changed and it isn't actual 'knowledge' at this point - it is a field of study that morphed into a self-perpetuating body, as evidenced by that group of researchers, and it behaves as repackaged institutional morality (religion) for the modern age -- right down to the censorship of art (videogames) and speech, for the sake of moving in 'a positive direction'. Religion always sought to define reality for you, and these fields of thought fit this need perfectly.

Nkd

I'm not buying it. There's inequity between the same genders and titles of people. So much so that corporation don't want people to have discussions of salaries or raises among coworkers.

This! Big time, its pretty much stab in the back lol.

Here is my example:
Honestly, it doesn't have to be Gender pay equality, its pay equality in general. Workplace pay inequality is cancer. I will give you an example. I work for Blue and white Globe (you can guess the company), after working 6 years a lot of us realized how much less the existing employees are getting in the same title. Its really mind blowing. Someone who they recently hired into the same position as mine or even title below me can be making up to 15-20k more in salary than me. Wanna know something even better? I was actually making 25-30k less than the guy who just got hired in the same position as me. But they wanted to make us feel better and gave everyone a new base and for me, it was a 7k increase but still way below others. The pay gap is so bad within the company that is literally a tragedy. There isn't one person that's happy in my position. My buddy has been with the company for 10 years and he makes the same as me in salary. He just told me that someone new they hired is getting almost 20k higher in salary than us.

Our immediate managers are pretty honest and they tell us they are able to offer max money to a new hire regardless of experience but the leadership won't let them increase base for existing employees in the same position lol. So I am all for gender pay equality but there are a lot of men not getting equal pay either lol!

Let me add I am talking about men here who have busted their ass for the company!

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
This! Big time, its pretty much stab in the back lol.

Here is my example:
Honestly, it doesn't have to be Gender pay equality, its pay equality in general. Workplace pay inequality is cancer. I will give you an example. I work for Blue and white Globe (you can guess the company), after working 6 years a lot of us realized how much less the existing employees are getting in the same title. Its really mind blowing. Someone who they recently hired into the same position as mine or even title below me can be making up to 15-20k more in salary than me. Wanna know something even better? I was actually making 25-30k less than the guy who just got hired in the same position as me. But they wanted to make us feel better and gave everyone a new base and for me, it was a 7k increase but still way below others. The pay gap is so bad within the company that is literally a tragedy. There isn't one person that's happy in my position. My buddy has been with the company for 10 years and he makes the same as me in salary. He just told me that someone new they hired is getting almost 20k higher in salary than us.

Our immediate managers are pretty honest and they tell us they are able to offer max money to a new hire regardless of experience but the leadership won't let them increase base for existing employees in the same position lol. So I am all for gender pay equality but there are a lot of men not getting equal pay either lol!

Let me add I am talking about men here who have busted their ass for the company!
That sounds awful backwards. Shouldn't you make more than the new guy? :shadedshu:

Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11

Nkd

That sounds awful backwards. Shouldn't you make more than the new guy? :shadedshu:

Yep! Awful it is. Since I learned how underpaid I am it really killed my morale. So kinda hard to swallow that. A lot of the guys I knew have left the company or are looking to leave. I am in the same boat. Literally, I could go to centurylink or comcast and make 80-100k salary. Loyalty doesn't pay bills you know.

Pretty much the article linked by @phanbuey above explains our situation. ROFL!

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11
Or it's a case of giving actual/personal events instead of relying on other's experiences. Also known as first hand knowledge.

With a statistics based thing like gender inequality, it's bigtime reaching.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
Wait, people besides SJWs believe the pay gap is real (in the US)?

System Name Baxter
Processor Intel i7-5775C @ 4.2 GHz 1.35 V
Motherboard ASRock Z97-E ITX/AC
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3 with Noctua NF-A12 fan
Memory 16 GB 2400 MHz CL11 HyperX Savage DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black @ 1950 MHz
Storage 1 TB Sabrent Rocket 2242 NVMe SSD (boot), 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO, and 4TB Toshiba X300 7200 RPM HDD
Display(s) Vizio P65-F1 4KTV (4k60 with HDR or 1080p120)
Case Raijintek Ophion
Audio Device(s) HDMI PCM 5.1, Vizio 5.1 surround sound
Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum 600 W SFX PSU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G613 and Microsoft Media Keyboard
Wait, people besides SJWs believe the pay gap is real (in the US)?

My fiancee had a coworker that was just hired onto her team that automatically got the same pay as a more experienced woman that had the same exact job for years. He was younger, had less experience, and was objectively worse at his job. He then got a raise and earns more than that woman. The woman got a smaller raise. My fiancee was also sort of his superior and got paid less even though she was tasking him with work. And when she asked for a raise larger than 2% after taking on many new responsibilities and earning a PMP certification, she got called pushy and was in the negotiation for four hours. Still didn't get a bigger raise. And then another man that was doing web development who she also manages on one of his projects got a raise to her salary level because his manager saw that she was earning more than him, even though he does not do the same work. That was literally the reason he gave. She was making that much so why not give him a raise too.

Sure, they are anecdotes, but you're kind of an idiot if you think there is no pay gap whatsoever. That or brainwashed. Which would you prefer I think of you?

Low quality post by mtcn77
Guys, you may join the red team, you know?

vir·tue sig·nal·ing
noun
noun: virtue signalling; noun: virtue signaling
  1. the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.
I think 'concern-trolling' suits it best.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
My fiancee had a coworker that was just hired onto her team that automatically got the same pay as a more experienced woman that had the same exact job for years. He was younger, had less experience, and was objectively worse at his job. He then got a raise and earns more than that woman. The woman got a smaller raise. My fiancee was also sort of his superior and got paid less even though she was tasking him with work. And when she asked for a raise larger than 2% after taking on many new responsibilities and earning a PMP certification, she got called pushy and was in the negotiation for four hours. Still didn't get a bigger raise. And then another man that was doing web development who she also manages on one of his projects got a raise to her salary level because his manager saw that she was earning more than him, even though he does not do the same work. That was literally the reason he gave. She was making that much so why not give him a raise too.

Sure, they are anecdotes, but you're kind of an idiot if you think there is no pay gap whatsoever. That or brainwashed. Which would you prefer I think of you?

There isn't any systemic pay gap. It's been proven. Women hardly negotiate and are satisfied at their jobs while making less money. They also pursue promotions far less frequently. What you're describing is a normal hiring process. I was hired making a lot more money than the older employees simply because the market demanded it. The only shady thing here is IF the raises are true with no outside factor other than gender. Likely, he knows the kid and is displaying favoritism (and the budget is controller so he's screwing her to give him raises). She can sue, but unless he's done this to others, then idk if you can prove anything. She needs to quit without notice.

If everyone could just pay them less, then corporations would just hire mostly women to save all that money lol.

System Name Baxter
Storage 1 TB Sabrent Rocket 2242 NVMe SSD (boot), 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO, and 4TB Toshiba X300 7200 RPM HDD
Case Raijintek Ophion
There isn't any systemic pay gap. It's been proven. Women hardly negotiate and are satisfied at their jobs while making less money. They also pursue promotions far less frequently. What you're describing is a normal hiring process. I was hired making a lot more money than the older employees simply because the market demanded it. The only shady thing here is IF the raises are true with no outside factor other than gender. Likely, he knows the kid and is displaying favoritism (and the budget is controller so he's screwing her to give him raises). She can sue, but unless he's done this to others, then idk if you can prove anything. She needs to quit without notice.

If everyone could just pay them less, then corporations would just hire mostly women to save all that money lol.

What if they also had bias while hiring? Then they would be preferring men even though they could pay women less. I had my boss tell me to pass on a woman, who he probably could have paid less because that is the way the world works even though you are certain otherwise, because he was hoping "someone better" would come along. We ended up hiring a worse man. Usually the person deciding pay is different than the person deciding on hiring, as well, at least in corporate America. And that's where most of the high tech people work anyway. We decide to hire and then the negotiations on pay start. So your premise just doesn't apply to what I have seen.

Your argument is full of logic holes. Do you even work with other people in an office environment? It's all over the place so I'm assuming you just like to accrue the benefits and ignore the cause.

What arrogance to say "it's been proven" too. It clearly hasn't been proven. And you can send me all the fringe YouTube videos you want, gender bias in hiring and pay is something I see constantly even though my company tries to lead the way in leveling that shit out.

Last edited:
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11

You just said there is no systemic gap, but then gave reasons for a systemic gap and called it the 'normal hiring process'.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
What if they also had bias while hiring? Then they would be preferring men even though they could pay women less. I had my boss tell me to pass on a woman, who he probably could have paid less because that is the way the world works even though you are certain otherwise, because he was hoping "someone better" would come along. We ended up hiring a worse man. Usually the person deciding pay is different than the person deciding on hiring, as well, at least in corporate America.

Your argument is full of logic holes. Do you even work with other people in an office environment? It's all over the place so I'm assuming you just like to accrue the benefits and ignore the cause.

What arrogance to say "it's been proven" too. It clearly hasn't been proven. And you can send me all the fringe YouTube videos you want, gender bias in hiring and pay is something I see constantly even though my company tries to lead the way in leveling that shit out.

You think it only works against women? Are you insane? You know what they do where I work? They're all SJWs in upper management. If you're a foreigner, minority, woman, or gay, then you have priority when being hired. Combine any of those together and you're guaranteed to be hired. They brag about their "diversity" as if that makes a good employee. Get off your bullshit bandwagon. Yeah, you can't eradicate biases, but to say that women are paid less across the board (at 23% no less LOL) as SJWs believe is just bullshit.

And wrong, statistics are where I got my statements from. Here, I'll let a fellow asshole say it:

You just said there is no systemic gap, but then gave reasons for a systemic gap and called it the 'normal hiring process'.

You are dense AF. I said nothing of the sort. New people often get paid more and WHO YOU KNOW counts more than ANYTHING.

Processor Intel i7 4790K
Motherboard Asus Z97 Deluxe
Cooling Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120
Memory Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz 4X4GB
Video Card(s) Asus R290X
Storage Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB/Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1TB
Display(s) Samsung S23A950D
Case Corsair 850D
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 x64
This reminds me of "pay equity" in Tennis. Women now earn the same prize money as men........the thing is, men play 5 sets and women play 3 sets.

Men play for almost twice as long as the women, so in reality women have a privilege of getting paid the same for half as much work.

Low quality post by mtcn77
This reminds me of "pay equity" in Tennis. Women now earn the same prize money as men........the thing is, men play 5 sets and women play 3 sets.

Men play for almost twice as long as the women, so in reality women have a privilege of getting paid the same for half as much work.
I like the dress code exception, also. It is already like a parade.

System Name Baxter
Case Raijintek Ophion
You think it only works against women? Are you insane? You know what they do where I work? They're all SJWs in upper management. If you're a foreigner, minority, woman, or gay, then you have priority when being hired. Combine any of those together and you're guaranteed to be hired. They brag about their "diversity" as if that makes a good employee. Get off your bullshit bandwagon. Yeah, you can't eradicate biases, but to say that women are paid less across the board (at 23% no less LOL) as SJWs believe is just bullshit.

And wrong, statistics are where I got my statements from. Here, I'll let a fellow asshole say it:

You are dense AF. I said nothing of the sort. New people often get paid more and WHO YOU KNOW counts more than ANYTHING.

I'm sorry, that is complete bullshit. Most upper management votes Republican for their unsustainable tax cuts. No serious person uses the term SJW when they're talking about Fortune 50 upper management. You are off in your own land now and I am telling you, here in my world, pay gaps are real, bias in hiring is real. You should come visit sometime.

I'm sorry, that is complete bullshit. Most upper management votes Republican for their unsustainable tax cuts. No serious person uses the term SJW when they're talking about Fortune 50 upper management. You are off in your own land now and I am telling you, here in my world, pay gaps are real, bias in hiring is real. You should come visit sometime.
No wonder, Trump is a Randist.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Funny, I didn't put any statistics in that comment at all but go ahead and start an opinionated argument such as yours with a false base of "facts / more complex view of the world". Plenty of studies have also shown that taking many sick days does the opposite of what you say and actually is detrimental to the company whether it be from reduced production or from resentment from fellow employees. See, I can make points without citing the actual studies as well. Lets up the ante a little now, throw in some affirmative action in the hiring bias and now you still want to act like there's this invisible force keeping down other genders and races? Sorry, but if that behavior really was rampant in this day and age of instant internet fame, it would be plastered everywhere and there would be an abundance of instances to cite instead of opinions.
That's blind of the bias individuals have, individuals make the choices based on their assumptions and opinions it's always going to end bad for someone like males from here on in if companies only hire women for the next few years , which obviously won't happen but it will a bit.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
There is no patriarchy keeping women down, they do that just fine themselves.
There is extensive evidence available that in most corporations as well as smaller businesses that a man and a woman who both hold the same job title and have the same skills, the man will nearly always be paid more. The gender gap is real.

Try approaching this from a selfish standpoint. Don’t you (if you have one), want your wife to make as much as a man with the same job title? That’s more money for your household.

My better half has a great job and makes very good money, which she negotiated well for (despite one person here who claimed women don’t negotiate salaries). She is paid for being smart and successful. No way does that extra money in our household bother me.

Last edited:
System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
So my post calling out people for being terrible gets deleted, but the misogynistic, unsourced rubbish posted by the same people gets left up? (No, Jordan Peterson's drivel doesn't count as "evidence", nor do your rambling anecdotes about how the two women you know are terrible people. Perhaps they're terrible because you are.)

Shameful, absolutely shameful. @W1zzard is this really the type of forum you want to operate?