• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Metro Exodus Now Available For Preload On Steam

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
For those who got lucky enough to pre-order Metro Exodus on Steam before its defection to the Epic Games store are now able to pre-load the title in preparation for its launch. It will require 51 GB of storage space, so if your connection is a bit slower, you'll be waiting a while for it to download, which means the Steam pre-load period quite beneficial. For those that bought the title elsewhere and have to go through the Epic Game store, you will have to wait for the official launch since the platform does not currently support preloading of soon to be released games. This will likely make those with slower connections a bit irked since it means they will be waiting even longer to play the title come release day.

The fact Metro Exodus was pulled from Steam but can still be preloaded on the platform, while the Epic Game store will force users to wait will likely just add to the drama and controversy. However, if you step away for a moment and focus on the game itself one thing remains breathtakingly clear, the game is quite astonishing in regards to the graphics, even with RTX disabled. You can take a closer look for yourself in our performance analysis of Metro Exodus.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name The Cum Blaster
Processor R9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer LT360
Memory 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix @ 3800C16
Video Card(s) 7900 XTX Nitro+
Storage Lots
Display(s) 4k60hz, 4k144hz
Case Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W
irrational, emotionally-driven "fuck epic games/deep silver" comments in 3... 2... 1...

Textures in the world still look horrible, I hope it's not demanding. Get Fallout 4 with some high res texture pack and look better, of course the other features will favor this game, RTX being one.

System Name PC ?
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS XTREME
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 64gb of G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 / CL16
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XTX NITRO+
Storage C:/ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB - D:/7TB of Storage (WD-Bx2) - X:/Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
Display(s) Samsung Neo G9 57"
Case Corsair 1000D
Audio Device(s) Cambridge Audio CXA60 + Klipsch RP-160M
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra Titanium 1000TR
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Logitech G Pro Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro (64bit)
Textures in the world still look horrible, I hope it's not demanding. Get Fallout 4 with some high res texture pack and look better, of course the other features will favor this game, RTX being one.
Why did you compare it to F4 ? you could compare it to Oblivion cuz fallout 4 looks almost the same ....o_O

01e5c771e94e14708c5f2638f14a0d77_400x400.png

Whaaaaat ??? game is not even out yet. Let me guess you already finished it? .... Reviewers that I trust said that this is one of the best looking games out there. Metro 2033 and LL looked amazing and aged so good. Fallout 4 with HD textures lol I played that outdated crap of a game and engine even textures cant save it. How can you compare that broken repetitive game with the Metro series. You Sir are a joke.

System Name The beast and the little runt.
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X - Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING - ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570
Cooling Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4a - NH-D15 chromax.black with IPPC Industrial 3000 RPM 120/140 MM fans.
Memory G.SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL GOLD/SILVER 32 GB (2 x 16 GB and 4 x 8 GB) 3600 MHz CL14-15-15-35 1.45 volts
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 4060 OC LOW PROFILE - GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB + 2 TB - Samsung 870 EVO 4 TB - 2 x WD RED PRO 16 GB + WD ULTRASTAR 22 TB
Display(s) Asus 27" TUF VG27AQL1A and a Dell 24" for dual setup
Case Phanteks Enthoo 719/LUXE 2 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Onboard on both boards
Power Supply Phanteks Revolt X 1200W
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
Software WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BITS on both systems
Benchmark Scores Se more about my 2 in 1 system here: kortlink.dk/2ca4x
Lucky those that got it on steam. Just got my game key and so i wanted to activate it on epic launcher. And what do i get, no option to preload the game, the darn game Arent even showed up in my library yet. But i do look for to play it when i can download the game. But the Epic launcher suck balls in this direction.

And its not like its a steam only feature cause i also today activated Far Cry New Dawn on Uplay and there i cut fine preload the game. Its just epic launcher crappy service it seems. No wunder people is angry about moving Metro over to Epic launcher:banghead:. Its not a possitive start for me with epic launcher, since its the first time im using it and i can tell al ready now, i am not gonna buy more games to epic launcher, when you cant even preload the game:shadedshu:

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Not interested in this game, how ever as we know Steam offer a 2 week or\and 2h play so if you pre ordered it and it came out after the 2 weeks would they tell you go to hell and a refund ? .

Reviewers that I trust said that this is one of the best looking games out there. Metro 2033 and LL looked amazing and aged so good. Fallout 4 with HD textures lol I played that outdated crap of a game and engine even textures cant save it. How can you compare that broken repetitive game with the Metro series. You Sir are a joke.
It depends on what your view of "best looking" is, I judge by getting up close to the textures and seeing if they are sharp or blurry. I love the Metro series but the game is too demanding and the textures look blurry, so I find it not worth it being that demanding. Despite that, I still play them every year for the Good Endings. I wasn't talking about their official H.D. textures either that's why I wasn't specific, mostly talking about those Nexus mod texture packs.

Why did you compare it to F4 ? you could compare it to Oblivion cuz fallout 4 looks almost the same
I was going to say Oblivion but it's not a First Person Shooter, give or take if bow counts.

Last edited:
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING - ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570
Cooling Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4a - NH-D15 chromax.black with IPPC Industrial 3000 RPM 120/140 MM fans.
Memory G.SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL GOLD/SILVER 32 GB (2 x 16 GB and 4 x 8 GB) 3600 MHz CL14-15-15-35 1.45 volts
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB + 2 TB - Samsung 870 EVO 4 TB - 2 x WD RED PRO 16 GB + WD ULTRASTAR 22 TB
Oh my god Epic launcher sucks. Now its past midnight in my country and i can still not download or play the game. Guess i have to get going with Far Cry new dawn then. Epic is epic fail. Lucky steam owners, since you guess can properly play it now for those that has hit past midnight in your country.

Oh my god Epic launcher sucks. Now its past midnight in my country and i can still not download or play the game. Guess i have to get going with Far Cry new dawn then. Epic is epic fail. Lucky steam owners, since you guess can properly play it now for those that has hit past midnight in your country.

drama queen.

it will be loaded early in the morning. the communication system fails, because I only found it on twitter, but blablabla...

drama queen.

it will be loaded early in the morning. the communication system fails, because I only found it on twitter, but blablabla...

Drama Queen no. Dissapointed yes in deed.

Well since steam, uplay and such platform can do it and epic cant. That is pretty bad in my opinion and wait til the morning no thanks. It past midnight at my place and by that 15 februar and lauch day. This is the first and last game i ever get for the epic launcher. Next time some one pulls this stunt by remove from steam and go to epic launcher. I will boy cut them instantly.

enough rant, I will go to my backup plan and play some far cry then. They can get I right and lock the game up past midt night on uplay.

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
Why the hell should I feel like a drama queen just because disliked this sudden, erm, exodus to Epic Store?
P.S.
Gonna get it in a year, because let's be honest, it's gonna be under some 50% discount in Steam upon return.

Low quality post by erixx
It's only gaming! but then I read "boy cut"... to say the least, it sounds like something macho-gayish, like right wing LGTB stuff, but maybe it's a typo, lol, or maybe you are a panty slave to games. Who knows, who cares!

You pre-ordered it and so what? in the end, the salesman gave the game to the bloggers before you (on the youtube you can already see the letsplays of this game) ...

System Name PC ?
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Storage C:/ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB - D:/7TB of Storage (WD-Bx2) - X:/Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
Case Corsair 1000D
Mouse Logitech G900
Why the hell should I feel like a drama queen just because disliked this sudden, erm, exodus to Epic Store?
P.S.
Gonna get it in a year, because let's be honest, it's gonna be under some 50% discount in Steam upon return.
You had a half year to pre order the game on steam and you will get 14d / 2h money back anyway.

And it's PC game, you can get it 50% off right now, what is the point of waiting the whole year ... ?

Last edited:
System Name My Addiction
Processor AMD Ryzen 7950X3D
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi
Cooling Alphacool Core Ocean T38 AIO 240mm
Memory G.Skill 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XTX
Storage Some SSDs
Display(s) 42" Samsung TV + 22" Dell monitor vertically
Case Lian Li A4-H2O
Audio Device(s) Denon + Bose
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Glorious
VR HMD None
Software Win 10
Benchmark Scores None taken
This is the first and last game i ever get for the epic launcher.

There can't be no exceptions. Having those only sends the message: You are willing to put aside your principles in certain circumstances. That means it's only a matter of good hype to get you in that emotional state again. Next time they maybe not going to pull it from steam, instead they don't even try to publish there. What will you do in that case? Accept the pill and swallow big?

I'm gaming on PC only and there were no titles able to make me buy a console. My bad? Probalby, but that's my principle and I keep myself to it. If you are gaming you will know what sacrifice that means. Mine is bigger, because I mostly play stury-driven games which of the best are mostly PS-exclussive.

what is the point of waiting the whole year ... ?

Metro:Exodus is a story-driven single-player game. As such, content and gameplay is independent from the size of actual playerbase, so what is the point to get it right now? You reminding me to those who kept "mocking" me for playing the PC-version of GTA5 while they already finished it more than a year ago. So what? Story got rot? Something got cut out? No! They had absolutlely no advantage and I had abolutely no disadvantage by playing it when I did.

If he is willing to wait a year, he/she will loose nothing because of it. On the contrary! After a year there is a fat chance most of the initial bugs/problems will be patched/solved.

Last edited:
System Name PC ?
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Case Corsair 1000D
Mouse Logitech G900
There can't be no exceptions. Having those only sends the message: You are willing to put aside your principles in certain circumstances. That means it's only a matter of good hype to get you in that emotional state again. Next time they maybe not going to pull it from steam, instead they don't even try to publish there. What will you do in that case? Accept the pill and swallow big?

I'm gaming on PC only and there were no titles able to make me buy a console. My bad? Probalby, but that's my principle and I keep myself to it. If you are gaming you will know what sacrifice that means. Mine is bigger, because I mostly play stury-driven games which of the best are mostly PS-exclussive.

Metro:Exodus is a story-driven single-player game. As such, content and gameplay is independent from the size of actual playerbase, so what is the point to get it right now? You reminding me to those who kept "mocking" me for playing the PC-version of GTA5 while they already finished it more than a year ago. So what? Story got rot? Something got cut out? No! They had absolutlely no advantage and I had abolutely no disadvantage by playing it when I did.

If he is willing to wait a year, he/she will loose nothing because of it. On the contrary! After a year there is a fat chance most of the initial bugs/problems will be patched/solved.

He just said, 50% off , his point was the price.

and you searched for new reasons, i just finished the prologue, the game is fine. sure you can play it when ever you want, i just finished Binary domain a game from 2012 few days ago, i didn't know about that game, the game sold bad, we won't see Binary domain 2. whose fault ? mine, and i can understand devs/publishers what is the point wasting xx Millions that could sale bad and kill the publisher or studio, when you make a on-line(BEST DRM EVER) only game for 2 bucks with 1 game mode and 2 maps and sell 50m copies in under 2 years, not include microtransaction.

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

and you searched for new reasons, i just finished the prologue, the game is fine. sure you can play it when ever you want, i just finished Binary domain a game from 2012 few days ago, i didn't know about that game, the game sold bad, we won't see Binary domain 2. whose fault ? mine, and i can understand devs/publishers what is the point wasting xx Millions that could sale bad and kill the publisher or studio, when you make a on-line(BEST DRM EVER) only game for 2 bucks with 1 game mode and 2 maps and sell 50m copies in under 2 years, not include microtransaction.

The point wasn't the price, it was being able to get it ON STEAM at a lower price. If you're going to go into the minutia, be consistent ;)

drama queen.

Yeah. This reminds me of the classic MMO launch where time zones are left waiting or people misread what zone they're in and get their panties in a bunch. I mean, we get it, its a new release and you're eager, but sitting there waiting for your pre- or download... pretty sad stuff. It gets worse when you feel justified to vent your impatience and consider it a real argument. Definitely drama-queen zone right there. The game isn't delayed at all...

But I guess if we can't complain about launch issues and bugs, gotta complain about stores and launchers :D Or texture quality. I like that one too. Let's just get real, if you're not buying it now, you're not, that's fine, your loss, have a nice day. I'm just waiting because I've got other things to play, no real need to dive into anything right at launch, and price of keys will come down 1-2 weeks from now. People need to chill.

Processor Intel Coffee Lake, Core i9 9900K 3.6GHz box
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z390-A
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 2x Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB DDR4 3000MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2080 Windforce OC 8GB GDDR6 256-bit
Storage SSD Samsung 970 EVO 500GB PCI Express 3.0 x4 M.2 2280
Display(s) DELL Gaming S2716DG 27 inch 2K 1ms Black G-Sync 144Hz
Case NZXT H440 Matte Black Green New Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-9
Power Supply Corsair RMi Series RM1000i 1000W, 80 PLUS Gold
Mouse Logitech G604 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Rapidfire Cherry MX Speed
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Been playing this for 2h now. Pre-ordered on steam some time ago. There are stuttering issues in this game. I don't know what the cause is, but it's a bit disappointing.
The graphics are amazing. I am the kind of guy that plays games for their graphics, but for metro exodus this is not the entire case. I love the atmosphere and the stealthy approach.
I don't know what to say about the fact that they didn't add a proper peek around the corner or over the cover, system. Maybe it's better this way. People will start abusing that instead of finding different ways of approaching the challenge.

Overall I can see myself finish this game, and I would also recommend it to anyone who doesn't like the "rambo" style fps out there.

System Name My Addiction
Processor AMD Ryzen 7950X3D
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi
Cooling Alphacool Core Ocean T38 AIO 240mm
Memory G.Skill 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XTX
Storage Some SSDs
Display(s) 42" Samsung TV + 22" Dell monitor vertically
Case Lian Li A4-H2O
Audio Device(s) Denon + Bose
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Glorious
VR HMD None
Software Win 10
Benchmark Scores None taken

Perhaps I was wrong, but as I see, the point was not abut the 50% price off, but having it on steam. The 50% off is an educated guess abut it's price 1 year after release.
Yea, I can feel that. It's always a key moment to deliver the product to those who might be interested. It's not necessary just your fault. Remember what had you played back in 2012 and ask yourself would you rather play BD instead of those? If not, then BD failed to compete with the concurrent games. Capitalism at it's best.

Go and take a look on Psychonauts. Got almost every awards for everything, haven't sold at the stores. As a game it was a piece of art. As a product it was a failure.

Psychonauts is a kids game and as far as I know, all games kids play are free games. They get constantly and unpredictably hooked and unhooked with games... Parents are clever :)

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
You had a half year to pre order the game on steam and you will get 14d / 2h money back anyway.

And it's PC game, you can get it 50% off right now, what is the point of waiting the whole year ... ?

Gonna give you couple of examples - ordering just after paycheck. Or making sure the game is what I want, so waiting for all info until the last moment.