• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft Confirms Latest Windows 10 Update May Decrease Performance in Certain Gaming Scenarios

System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
6 months is too frequent.
That I would agree with you on. They really do need to slow down on the releases, even Google and Apple only do one major release a year.

System Name 192.168.1.1~192.168.1.100
Processor AMD Ryzen5 5600G.
Motherboard Gigabyte B550m DS3H.
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth.
Memory 16GB Crucial DDR4.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC (Underclocked, underpowered).
Storage Samsung 980 NVME 500GB && Assortment of SSDs.
Display(s) LG 24MK430 primary && Samsung S24D590 secondary
Case Corsair Graphite 780T.
Audio Device(s) On-Board.
Power Supply SeaSonic CORE GM-650.
Mouse Coolermaster MM530.
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS.
VR HMD A pair of OP spectacles.
Software Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Benchmark Scores Me no know English. What bench mean? Bench like one sit on?
I like W10. I have it on most of my pc’s. But your experience is anecdotal. Equally anecdotal are the many people who have problems even upgrading to the new feature update every six months, including me once or twice. This then necessitates a fresh install every 6 months, which is ridiculous. 6 months is too frequent.

For this reason, I advocate to everyone I help to get W10, but get Pro at least, so they can control this way too frequent new OS install every 6 months. This can limit it to once per year, which is much more reasonable.

Exception being the widespread bugs a la OP. Which has gotten so frequent in recent years that it should make people question, not just MS' QA, but all the other programmes MS has implemented -and drawn criticism for- with Win10 (Insider programme, Telemetry).

Whoever came up with the idea that Windows should drastically change every 6 months (heck, or even 12! Desktops/Laptops aren't gimmiky smartphones) has done Windows and the market the greatest disservice they ever had.

System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
Whoever came up with the idea that Windows should drastically change every 6 months (heck, or even 12! Desktops/Laptops aren't gimmiky smartphones) has done Windows and the market the greatest disservice they ever had.
Blame the millennials that think they just have to have the latest and greatest features and whiz-bang stuff. They want new stuff and they want it now.

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard X570 I Aorus Pro
Cooling Deepcool AG400
Memory HyperX Fury 2 x 8GB 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) RX 470 Nitro+ 4GB
Storage SX8200 Pro 512 / NV2 512
Display(s) 24G2U
Case NR200P
Power Supply Ion SFX 650
Mouse G703
Keyboard Keychron V1 (Akko Matcha Green) / Apex m500 (gateron milky yellow)
Software W10
Since I'm playing a lot of Destiny 2 lately, I wanted to give it a try, see what happens. For science.
First of all, the update is still available (at the time of this writing 16:40 UTC 10. Mar)
Second, I tested the same zone in Destiny 2 with and without the update. Dreaming City, spawning point.
Without it the frame rate is capped at my monitor refresh rate (60 FPS). No dips. The laptop is capable to push more uncapped but the experience is much quieter with it.
With the update the frame rate goes all over the place, and dips to 35 FPS in the same place with some next level frame drops. I'm talking early days of CF/SLI frame drops.
Uninstalled the update, frame rate went back to normal.

your issues have nothing todo with microsoft you have a hardware problem bud

Yea, someone said it to me too.

Then I upgraded to Long Term Service Branch of Windows 10 and zero issues since then. Sure, it loses stuff from normal Win 10, but gains every day reliability. Kinda prefer it instead of having some fuckups due Win 10 update every second or third update.

They could rename it Win 10 LTSB FTW.

System Name Bruh
Processor 10700K 5.3Ghz 1.35v| i7 7920HQ 3.6Ghz -180Mv |
Motherboard Z490 TUF Wifi | Apple QMS180 |
Cooling EVGA 360MM | Laptop HS |
Memory DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | LPDDR3 16GB 2133Mhz CL20 |
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix 3080 (2100Mhz/18Ghz)|Radeon Pro 560 (1150Mhz/1655Mhz)|
Storage Many SSDs, ~24TB HDD/8TB SSD
Display(s) S2719DGF, HP Z27i, Z24n| 1800P 15.4" + ZR30W + iPad Pro 10.5 2017
Case NR600 | MBP 2017 15" Silver | MSI GE62VR | Elite 120 Advanced
Audio Device(s) Lol imagine caring about audio
Power Supply 850GQ | Apple 87W USB-C |
Mouse Whatever I have on hand + trackpads (Lanchead TE)
Keyboard HyperX Origins Alloy idk
Software W10 20H2|W10 1903 LTSC/MacOS 11
Benchmark Scores No.
Any news? Windows7 has almost half latency than windows10. Mouse behaviour is superior on win7 translation wise (closest to 1:1) anyone serious about online gaming dont use w10. Worst OS ever for gamets.
*cough* Linux or MacOS *cough*

System Name Night Rider | Mini LAN PC | Workhorse
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D | Ryzen 1600X | i7 970
Motherboard MSi AM4 Pro Carbon | GA- | Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Cooling Noctua U9S Twin Fan| Stock Cooler, Copper Core)| Big shairkan B
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws 3600MHz| 2x8GB Corsair 3000 | 6x2GB DDR3 1300 Corsair
Video Card(s) MSI AMD 6750XT | 6500XT | MSI RX 580 8GB
Storage 1TB WD Black NVME / 250GB SSD /2TB WD Black | 500GB SSD WD, 2x1TB, 1x750 | WD 500 SSD/Seagate 320
Display(s) LG 27" 1440P| Samsung 20" S20C300L/DELL 15" | 22" DELL/19"DELL
Case LIAN LI PC-18 | Mini ATX Case (custom) | Atrix C4 9001
Audio Device(s) Onboard | Onbaord | Onboard
Power Supply Silverstone 850 | Silverstone Mini 450W | Corsair CX-750
Mouse Coolermaster Pro | Rapoo V900 | Gigabyte 6850X
Keyboard MAX Keyboard Nighthawk X8 | Creative Fatal1ty eluminx | Some POS Logitech
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 7 Pro 64/Windows 10 Home
its your job as a MSP to make them understand, if you don't believe in the product you are recommending then neither will the client

there is absolutely no reason to use windows 7 over 10, 10 is in every mensurable way a superior os, it runs faster on the same hardware, its more secure its a easier os to configure,its all around a lighter os it offers more functionality

anybody that claims otherwise does not know what they are doing PERIOD

the people that drag there feet and wait until the last possible second to upgrade are the scourge of IT support every-ware it causes problems with both aging hardware compatibility software compatibility when that one piece of badly written software does not way to play nice and we end up pulling a all day shift trying to make it work , (and let me make this next part very clear) because some vendor still codes everything like its 2001 (and yes this happens ALL OF THE TIME from major corporations E.G general motors software,progressive insurance to name a couple )

and its always a massive pain in the ass and always the client has waited till the last second to make the change over and demands everything work right now)

and then when enviably when something doesn't work in the exact same manner as they are used to the phone rings

upgrade early upgrade often in the long run both you and the client will do better

I tell my clients the truth, nothing more nothing less, I believed in the product at the start but ever since then it has had nothing but issues more and more to the point its just got ridiculous and until it is fully stable and working with out all the current issues I dont recommend it unless there is no choice which is more and more the case these days sadly.

There are many reasons not to go to 10 over 7 and the proof is in the pudding, It doesnt lose or stop working your Wifi or printer settings/drivers after each major update and you dont run the risk of losing all your Document files like the last major one did. Thats just a few off the top of my head.

incorrect! Windows 10 does NOT run faster over 7 on the same hardware this is completely false! and in no way lighter in anyway shape or form, its worse then Vista on how heavy and slow it is. I know for a fact it is an extremely slow OS from using it many times on different hardware and its horrific! especially on a mechanical HDD and also slower on a SSD which I will show you a quick msg from a client of mine that reverted back to 7 because of W10 issues.

faster Windows.jpg

This was on a machine running an i5 CPU and a SSD and you can see for yourself that even from a clients view she can tell how much faster 7 is on the exact same hardware.

Well sadly your claims are very false and wrong and its clear you dont know what your talking about PERIOD!

Thats not the clients fault now is it? if there is badly written software then its up to the developers to fix it or make said software good from the start which I see time and time again the hardware we have today and honestly for the past decade has been great! but the software has been shocking and way behind! Why should people be forced to upgrade to something that isnt as good? when there hardware is perfectly fine? in what world does that make any kind of sense? yes it can be a pain in the butt to transition files or programs from an old OS to a newer one but that has only become an issue more so since 10 because of the lack of support it has with older software which you dont have with 7.

Your living in a world that isnt reality, people dont have the $$$$$ to continually upgrade there system all the time its just not how it works in the real world. People use there PC's till its ether to slow to do what they want it to do or said modern software only works on said OS (like office 2019)

Im all for Windows 10 but it has proven time and time again to be to buggy and slow and terrible damaging updates which clients DO NOT like to hear and only turns them off. Once 10 is finally working correctly I will happy recommend it but at this stage I cant do that and would be telling a lie!

(Windows 10 install at your own risk) lol

No, they won't, and honestly, the shouldn't.
They won't because it goes against their entire MO thus far; support has already been dropped for 7 on many fronts (hardware support is a major example), and allocating resources to maintain an OS that doesn't generate income would make no sense once the legal obligation expires. And let's not forget that people were throwing tantrums over XP as well, didn't stop MS from ditching it (nor did many users, for a while).

They shouldn't, because, well, 7 is old, and it's missing too much stuff that can't be simply plugged in. I'm all for legacy support 'n all, but 7's planned obsolescence has been known for a decade now, and as long as my win32 software continue to run, I'm ok on that front.

Imo, Windows 10 isn't a bad platform in its entirety. Microsoft stubbornness and disregard for consumers' choice and privacy in matters regarding telemetry and data collection, updates and software pushes, etc, are well noted, and I personally would rather see them fix those in 10 rather than maintain 7.

I bet they will and to be honest they already have for people that run Pro or for the corporate environment, support has been continued past 2020 but for a fee from what I have read so far but lets face it they continued support for XP for another 2yrs with exactly what you have said just now but it had a user base WAY less then Windows 7 does, so i bet it will get a few more years or your going to have Millions of very upset users world wide.

No not really, yes its not supported as much on newer hardware as it once was but you can still find that it still is supported more then you think, for one all you have to do is look at my system specs to find that out ;) and that is fully supported on Windows 7, heck the latest client PC I just built had support for Windows 7 on a B450 Motherboard. So no it hasnt been dropped but is alot less.

I havent had any issues with plugging in anything to my or any other clients PC's that have not worked, heck I was able to get Windows 7 installed on a Acer Predator PC from Harvey Norman that had NO support for Windows 7 at all on the webpage or motherboard listing but I got it fully installed with all drivers working on a M.2 SSD (Client is so happy he is back on 7 btw)

Everything else I agree with, I was really gunning for Windows 10 to start off with, its not the best lay out honestly but I dont mind it as I use it every day on my laptop but its just those silly stupid issues it has that keep coming up that have really made me hate the damn OS, all I do is fix W10 issues or more so Wifi problems, Printer/scanner issues, OS F ing up after a update etc etc, like come on! One business had to replace the massive printer for a new one because the drivers/W 10 would keep F ing up all the time, wasnt cheap! to replace the monster of a printer but would work perfectly fine on the Windows 7 machine, its a cost they shouldnt of had to do but alas they did and it was there choice because in the real world people just dont listen....sigh.

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
This was not a Patch Tuesday update, normally it would get automatically installed only when someone actively checks for updates (yeah, MS didnt plan this one out, but I digress). So I dont think this update reached many users (yes, I know that "few" is still a lot since W10 runs on 800 million machines by now).
P.S.
One thing for sure, while system feature upgrade happens twice a year, I will not agree that it changes things drastically. I would argue there are too few noticable changes to even mark the jump from, say 1803 to 1809. Few more icons changed, more stuff moved to the UWP Settings app, but the rest is mostly under the hood.
P.P.S.
And people here running Enterprise or LTSB - yeah, what was that about piracy? xD You cannot even get those versions for home use legally.

System Name 192.168.1.1~192.168.1.100
Processor AMD Ryzen5 5600G.
Motherboard Gigabyte B550m DS3H.
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth.
Memory 16GB Crucial DDR4.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC (Underclocked, underpowered).
Storage Samsung 980 NVME 500GB && Assortment of SSDs.
Display(s) LG 24MK430 primary && Samsung S24D590 secondary
Case Corsair Graphite 780T.
Audio Device(s) On-Board.
Power Supply SeaSonic CORE GM-650.
Mouse Coolermaster MM530.
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS.
VR HMD A pair of OP spectacles.
Software Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Benchmark Scores Me no know English. What bench mean? Bench like one sit on?
IMO, any update that introduces and/or changes too many things at once (with the side effect of increasing probability of breaking stuff) is drastic. Changes don't necessarily have to be visible to have reaching effects, but c'mon! Compared to the service packs of old, 10's biannually "major" updates are packing with "new features" (read: gimmicks).

Blame the millennials that think they just have to have the latest and greatest features and whiz-bang stuff. They want new stuff and they want it now.

Now hold on just a minute, that can't be our fault too! We can't be single handedly ruining the economy AND technology! :p

I bet they will and to be honest they already have for people that run Pro or for the corporate environment, support has been continued past 2020 but for a fee from what I have read so far but lets face it they continued support for XP for another 2yrs with exactly what you have said just now but it had a user base WAY less then Windows 7 does, so i bet it will get a few more years or your going to have Millions of very upset users world wide.

Just to clarify, the legally-obligated support I mentioned is the free one detailed in the Windows lifecycle factsheet, which is basically all home -and probably most pro- usercases. Not everyone has or can get an enterprise license ora volume licensed Pro. The paid support scheme was also a known fact, iirc.
In all faireness, save for locking out updates from machines using new chips, MS isn't doing much different with 7 than previous versions.

Side note: Does anyone know if the quoted prices for per-computer, extended-extended support have minimum requirements?

I want to install Win 7 on 1 of my 7 computers....It relaxes me; I miss Aero, the Win 7 default background, the speed and simplicity...oh yea the most important

I CAN TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATES
THAT KEEP MESSING UP SOMETHING!!!!

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
I CAN TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATES THAT KEEP MESSING UP SOMETHING!!!!

You do know you can do that in Windows 10 too if you find it to hard to do manually then I suggest you download O&O Shut Up 10 and run it scroll down to where it says disable windows update and check all the boxes exit the program and reboot and Ta Da updates be gone

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
You do know you can do that in Windows 10 too if you find it to hard to do manually then I suggest you download O&O Shut Up 10 and run it scroll down to where it says disable windows update and check all the boxes exit the program and reboot and Ta Da updates be gone
And after that, use Windows Update minitool to download what you want. You can even hide updates with it. The only thing it can’t do is hide the feature Updates. There are other ways to do that.

You’ve got Enterprise, I’ve got Pro, but consider this: most users have plain Jane home version, which literally gives zero control over updates. I notice this between my rig on Pro, where I delay feature updates nearly 9 months and regular updates 10 days. My HTPC uses W10 Home, and literally updates when it wants.

You have to get a bit creative but it is still possible to stop WU ... be careful where you search as many instructions are no longer functional as MS removed the functionality ... this one makes me laugh, interesting definition of "1 click" ...

While I would say for most, it's better to let the tool do it's thing,they should leave pro version users alone .... our network encompasses 286 PC-Years (No. of PCs in use x years in usage) and has yet to experience an infection or downtime other than a) failed hardware, b) problems caused by updates breaking things.

https://www.windowslatest.com/2019/...allow-windows-10-home-users-to-pause-updates/

"Lack of control" is probably the biggest reason Win10 has had such a slow uptake rate having finally surpassed Win7 in market share in November of 2018 (3.7 years after release) which is kinda amazing since it was free.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
And after that, use Windows Update minitool to download what you want. You can even hide updates with it. The only thing it can’t do is hide the feature Updates. There are other ways to do that.
Interesting that you need two third party programs to control Windows Update... and even then, not completely. And while MS isn't busy crippling your computer in one way or another, they're building a profile about which cat pictures you like best.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Interesting that you need two third party programs to control Windows Update... and even then, not completely. And while MS isn't busy crippling your computer in one way or another, they're building a profile about which cat pictures you like best.

LOL, hate cats. The alternative is to just get Pro and completely control the update cycle.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
LOL, hate cats. The alternative is to just get Pro and completely control the update cycle.
Completely? I mean, I'd recommend this approach to anyone (at least you can defer problematic updates like the infamous 1809 for a while) but I still don't call this complete control.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Completely? I mean, I'd recommend this approach to anyone (at least you can defer problematic updates like the infamous 1809 for a while) but I still don't call this complete control.
Yeah, you’re right. You can get a year out of it. This then leaves you the choice of 2 feature updates you install (whichever is the most stable).

Processor Intel Core i5-11400F 2.6GHz
Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge
Display(s) LG 27M47VQ 27 inches 2 ms FULL HD HDMI Gaming Monitor
Case Thermaltake Versa T27 TG 750W
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair CX750 ATX 80PLUS (750W)
Software Windows 11 Home Edition 64-bit
Some of my friends having mouse degradation problems in Rainbow 6 Siege and World of Warcraft, too.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
I tell my clients the truth, nothing more nothing less, I believed in the product at the start but ever since then it has had nothing but issues more and more to the point its just got ridiculous and until it is fully stable and working with out all the current issues I dont recommend it unless there is no choice which is more and more the case these days sadly.

There are many reasons not to go to 10 over 7 and the proof is in the pudding, It doesnt lose or stop working your Wifi or printer settings/drivers after each major update and you dont run the risk of losing all your Document files like the last major one did. Thats just a few off the top of my head.

incorrect! Windows 10 does NOT run faster over 7 on the same hardware this is completely false! and in no way lighter in anyway shape or form, its worse then Vista on how heavy and slow it is. I know for a fact it is an extremely slow OS from using it many times on different hardware and its horrific! especially on a mechanical HDD and also slower on a SSD which I will show you a quick msg from a client of mine that reverted back to 7 because of W10 issues.

View attachment 118486

This was on a machine running an i5 CPU and a SSD and you can see for yourself that even from a clients view she can tell how much faster 7 is on the exact same hardware.

Well sadly your claims are very false and wrong and its clear you dont know what your talking about PERIOD!

Thats not the clients fault now is it? if there is badly written software then its up to the developers to fix it or make said software good from the start which I see time and time again the hardware we have today and honestly for the past decade has been great! but the software has been shocking and way behind! Why should people be forced to upgrade to something that isnt as good? when there hardware is perfectly fine? in what world does that make any kind of sense? yes it can be a pain in the butt to transition files or programs from an old OS to a newer one but that has only become an issue more so since 10 because of the lack of support it has with older software which you dont have with 7.

Your living in a world that isnt reality, people dont have the $$$$$ to continually upgrade there system all the time its just not how it works in the real world. People use there PC's till its ether to slow to do what they want it to do or said modern software only works on said OS (like office 2019)

Im all for Windows 10 but it has proven time and time again to be to buggy and slow and terrible damaging updates which clients DO NOT like to hear and only turns them off. Once 10 is finally working correctly I will happy recommend it but at this stage I cant do that and would be telling a lie!

(Windows 10 install at your own risk) lol

No not really, yes its not supported as much on newer hardware as it once was but you can still find that it still is supported more then you think, for one all you have to do is look at my system specs to find that out ;) and that is fully supported on Windows 7, heck the latest client PC I just built had support for Windows 7 on a B450 Motherboard. So no it hasnt been dropped but is alot less.

I havent had any issues with plugging in anything to my or any other clients PC's that have not worked, heck I was able to get Windows 7 installed on a Acer Predator PC from Harvey Norman that had NO support for Windows 7 at all on the webpage or motherboard listing but I got it fully installed with all drivers working on a M.2 SSD (Client is so happy he is back on 7 btw)

Everything else I agree with, I was really gunning for Windows 10 to start off with, its not the best lay out honestly but I dont mind it as I use it every day on my laptop but its just those silly stupid issues it has that keep coming up that have really made me hate the damn OS, all I do is fix W10 issues or more so Wifi problems, Printer/scanner issues, OS F ing up after a update etc etc, like come on! One business had to replace the massive printer for a new one because the drivers/W 10 would keep F ing up all the time, wasnt cheap! to replace the monster of a printer but would work perfectly fine on the Windows 7 machine, its a cost they shouldnt of had to do but alas they did and it was there choice because in the real world people just dont listen....sigh.

literally everything you have said is wrong I won't brother rebuking it people like you are why I stay in business more power to you with your old outdated broken os that I need to spend hours on fixing

we are 85/h per tech good luck

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
literally everything you have said is wrong I won't brother rebuking it people like you are why I stay in business more power to you with your old outdated broken os that I need to spend hours on fixing

we are 85/h per tech good luck

I honestly am curious about this as I have noticed a growing lack of professionalism in professional communications. Do you actually use punctuation or grammar in communications with your clients? I know this is a forum but bad habits are bad habits.

I have noticed it with my fortune 500 client all the way down to my mom and pop clients.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
I honestly am curious about this as I have noticed a growing lack of professionalism in professional communications. Do you actually use punctuation or grammar in communications with your clients? I know this is a forum but bad habits are bad habits.

I have noticed it with my fortune 500 client all the way down to my mom and pop clients.

ad`hominem will get you nowhere also it is 'clients', not 'client'.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
And not using punctuation to make something readable takes a respectable post and cheapens it quite a bit. There is something said to be said for at least trying to use punctuation. Nobody is perfect (looks at imperfect self in mirror), but... it looks like the period button is broken on your keyboard. :p

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
And not using punctuation to make something readable takes a respectable post and cheapens it quite a bit. There is something said to be said for at least trying to use punctuation. Nobody is perfect (looks at imperfect self in mirror), but... it looks like the period button is broken on your keyboard. :p

punctuation is for suckers real men communicate in a series of grunts and other bodily noises