• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK-Classic - Less Talk, More Cooling!

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
EK Water Blocks, the leading premium liquid cooling gear manufacturer, announces the expansion and global availability of newly released Classic Product Lineup. The Classic Lineup is directly addressing price-conscious users while reusing some of the key technological solutions that set the EK as the market leader in the PC liquid cooling industry. The packaging, just as the products themselves are streamlined and simplified, making Classic Line Products the pure essence of liquid cooling. And now, it's available for everyone.

The portfolio is now bearing all the relevant parts that a user needs to complete his liquid cooling loop. The existing combo unit, CPU block and GPU block are now joined with Classic Line radiators, fittings and even a GPU block for the ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti graphics card. The Classic Lineup is implementing EK's market-proven technologies that ensure high-quality and high-performance liquid cooling products at a more accessible price. Available at about 3/4 of the price of leading EK Quantum series products, our products can now reach more liquid cooling enthusiasts that desire efficient cooling with EK's guaranteed quality and excellent customer support.

For users who want to experience the core essence of liquid cooling, EK's Classic Line products will offer excellent value regarding performance, accompanied by simple and minimalistic look. While designing and engineering the portfolio of the Classic Lineup, the performance of the products was not compromised at any moment. Whether you only care about cooling performance or just prefer the clean and timeless design of EK, the Classic Line will fulfill all your needs.

The expansion and global launch of the Classic Line of products mean that essential custom loop liquid cooling parts, with EK guaranteed quality, performance and customer support, are now available worldwide with a lower price point. The Classic Product Line is available for purchase through the EK Webshop and Partner Reseller Network.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Their QA dept needs improvement

System Name "Run of the mill" (except GPU)
Processor R9 3900X
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taich Ultimate
Cooling Cryorig (not recommended)
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) Team 3200 MT/s, CL14
Video Card(s) Radeon RX6900XT
Storage Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB NVMe
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1000W
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro x64, insider preview dev channel
Benchmark Scores #1 worldwide on 3D Mark 99, back in the (P133) days. :)
So they think only (real?) men do water cooling? ;)

Any ladies on here that can refute this?

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
This is an EK Classic, in case you weren't aware.
1556950048470.png
1556950048470.png

Can we have classic pricing, or suckers will still have to cough up 70$+ for a simple CPU block?

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm done with Ek. Other than their core products such as full cover blocks and radiators, they did to quickly abandon their less mainstream ones.

The only things EK I'm using now is clear coolant (they have great data specification chart what's really inside) and pump holder. I'm permanently done with their blocks.

You won't find worse quality blocks for such ridiculous prices. I have never ever had a single block from Bitspower, Watercool, Alphacool, Aquacomputer and now Phanteks fail on me under normal operation. With EK nickel flaking is basically common place. From last 6 EK VGA blocks 4 developed issues inside a year of using with their own coolants. And all 6 flaked at least something in 2 years. On one of my 1080Ti blocks gasket -literally- fused itself to a block when I took it apart for yearly cleaning. Had to tear it. That's retarded.

More Quality Control, Less Marketing and RGB...

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
The amount of people butt hurt about RGB still after all this time just astounds me.

If for example youre a car guy and im not, does that give me the right to shit all over what you like? Same principle applies to RGB. If you dont like something, keep it to yourself instead of shitting on what others enjoy.

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
I kinda have to agree with the bad words.

I have 980Ti block. The nickel is fading and the gasket is almost melted.

I like their Vardar fans also thou...

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
The amount of people butt hurt about RGB still after all this time just astounds me.

If for example youre a car guy and im not, does that give me the right to shit all over what you like? Same principle applies to RGB. If you dont like something, keep it to yourself instead of shitting on what others enjoy.

Well surely you can see the relation between lesser quality in the rest of the product while expenses are being made for RGB, is a bit of a problem? Something has got to give and the car analogy also fails, because we don't see every car being released with RGB LED (or neon strips and a fancy spoiler+body kit). Imagine if they did. Its not core or necessary to the product, it does not help it and it drives up the cost.

If every company straight up pushed a non-RGB product stack at lower price alongside their RGB product offering, nobody would complain. This, however, is far from always the case.

Im not against RGB myself but I can def see where people are coming from with this...

D

Deleted member 24505

My problem with RGB is it's like a infection spreading. started with a few things, now everything has sodding RGB crap all over it, even PSU's are infected now. If i was still 12 i'd be overjoyed, but i dont want my PC to look like i thew a bag full of leds at it. And yes i know it's choice, but it's getting so everything has them and nothind does not.

I hope the classic EK line has classic prices.

All he said was and RGB, who's butt hurt?

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
Damnit, they got my hopes up that these would be new blocks using their old visual style, not budget blocks using the modern style :(

Processor R9 3900X
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
@R-T-B

They mention "his" liquid cooling loop in the PR, rather than the non-gender-specific "their".

System Name Intel® X99 Wellsburg
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-5820K - 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Rampage V E10 (1801)
Cooling EK RGB Monoblock + EK XRES D5 Revo Glass PWM
Memory CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB /850 EVO 1TB / WD Black 2TB
Display(s) Samsung P2450H
Case Lian Li PC-O11 WXC
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply EVGA 1200 P2 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G900 / SS QCK
Keyboard Deck 87 Francium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
In future only Watercool.de.
Only watercooling company who represent famous German quality.

If you want to listen me you will avoid a lot of frustrating if you prepare for watercooling...

Radiators: Black Ice Nemesis GTS - A lot of space and difference between GTX and GTS is not worth buying thicker radiators special if you have two 240-360mm
Fittings: Buy Bitspower even if price is 3 times higher for same fittings set than others but you will not lost even if you buy Kooalnce or Swiftech for 4$
CPU Blocks - Heatkiller IV Pro - 3 versions made from Full Copper, 3 most expensive versions
GPU Blocks Heatkiller even if you need to go on reference card because of that do that.
Reservoir - Heatkiller Tube because you can buy Heatkiller top and use them separate, you can connect D5 and reservoir with single part, you can switch to DDC with single part. you can replace glass tube, you can replace all parts are available
D5 Pump - Find smallest seller who sell smallest number of samples and try to ask him to sell you oldest supply of Swiftech MCP655 with Speed Controller, they cost usually 95-105$.
New D5 Pumps like EK G2 PWM, XSPC with SATA Connector and some others are changed, they have changed capacitors inside, controllers, wires, even they add some small metal parts on impeller not presented on Original Laing D5, probably to improve performance of pumps but only cause more noise and more vibrations.
On one video guy explained that, he fix vibration drilling top of D5 and making channel bigger. He tried 5 D5 Pumps on same reservoir.
All of them were with speed controller only EK D5 G2 PWM cause vibration and he explained what is difference on here compare to older models. If you ask me avoid PWM pumps.
It's much easier to something happen and PWM pump to change speed and start to work 100% than pump with Speed Controller. She will work on any situation on speed you set and no matter how you set BIOS, Load Default, and you don't need to change speed. PWM Pumps depend from BIOS, Buggy softwares, ASUS AI Suit, etc... and every time you change BIOS to default or save new BIOS they will work different. Only normal software for change PWM Speed on ASUS Board I have AI Suit I don't want to install and BIOS settings.

New D5 Pumps are different than Original Laing D5, have some changes and that changes influence on performance. Performance are reliability, flow rate, noise.
Maybe they have better flow, but more noise, or opposite, but they are not Original Laing D5 and have several changes not only PWM wire.

That's golden advice. I couldn't find them, I learned on harder way. Don't make mine mistake because later you will one buy one replace parts on proper one.
Heatkiller Watercooling Parts are best and most wanted at the moment with good reason.
You have different approach, combos or separate, but that's best on the market at the moment.

Last edited:
Processor R9 3900X
Display(s) Samsung Q95T
Case Define R5
Audio Device(s) On board
Mouse Roccat Leadr
Keyboard K95 RGB
XSPC fittings are great IME (black chrome looks nice too) and reasonably priced.

Case Lian Li PC-O11 WXC
XSPC fittings are great IME (black chrome looks nice too) and reasonably priced.

With fittings is almost same, all of them work good that depend of models you like.
I like most example new style of Koolance... Same are for hard tubbing.

71ROD493CoL._SY355_.jpg
71AeeXfUaeL._SX466_.jpg

The biggest mistake is I couldn't find close to me. I can't find close to me.
Enthusiasts can't think on that way.
More than 50% of complains over internet last 5-6 years... example I buy D5 PWM it's much more noisy than my 15 years old D5 or similar are connected with some of changes and all advice you got from technical support worth nothing because that's different product, similar, on same way work, but different.
None of computer experts couldn't tell me why Laing D5 cost 250$ and over 300 in some stores.
It's not only bronze top, or higher voltage, some model yes, but some models are perfectly same size of port, same wattage, same plastic top, only sticker is Laing and cost 250$.
Every single number is same only sold but none computer stores. If they are same that mean all citizens who not buy in computer stores are idiots and pay 4-5 times higher price for same product.

Now when I have watercooling and really figure out how much is better than constantly to change AIO systems and because I don't allow any more to Intel or NVIDIA sell me new platforms without serious improvement I will improve watercooling over time.
At the moment I don't need because it's madness to switch from Monoblock to CPU block on X99 platform.
But with DDR5 platform, in same time when my CPU-Motherboard and Memory arrive first thing is Heatkiller IV PRO Black Copper and Heatkiller D5 Tube 100
That's 150 euro total in Europe. That arrive with new platform without any excuse. Or maybe this model, depend of mobo. I like more silver-black in combination, but some people like Dark.
No blocks with Derlin, Acetal, POM, Acrylic, FULL COPPER-FULL COPPER, Nickel Plated in different color and that's it.
I saw this version, probably available for few months... If you check sites who dissembled Heatkiller IV PRO Full Copper versions you will see that's far best CPU Block on market.

Capture.PNG

One more thing is important, if you can choose, look for parts where G 1/4 port threads are from metal.
Because you want to use parts, years, maybe for 3 builds, to clean them several times, metal ports are much better than plastic, POM, Acrylic.
If you can choose.

Last edited:
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
I know this is a bit off-topic, and although I have never used their liquid cooling products, I can say that their m2 heat sinks are of superb quality and very affordable.... I go them in red to match my rig's color scheme too :)

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
yah i have plumbers tape for all my acryllic threads for that reason... nothing worse than seeing water dripping out after you fully assembled a loop ...

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
yah i have plumbers tape for all my acryllic threads for that reason... nothing worse than seeing water dripping out after you fully assembled a loop ...
Have you tried type 2 thread seal/lube?

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
Have you tried type 2 thread seal/lube?

I have not... I just stick to the tape because i know it works - experimenting with leaky fittings gives me ulcers

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
I have not... I just stick to the tape because i know it works - experimenting with leaky fittings gives me ulcers

Been using it on galvanized pipe fittings, its pretty good.

Case Lian Li PC-O11 WXC

That's interesting, I didn't saw people to install plumber tape on fittings example.
Maybe is better to install extender once and not remove him.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
My sample size is admittedly rather small (one system), but I've had no issues with my Fury X water block (acetal, can't remember if it's nickel plated or not) or my CPU block (acetal, no nickel plating, from their previous budget line, Supremacy MX, which looks like is being rebranded into Supremacy Classic). One of the ports on my pump/res combo (EK SPC MX or whatever it's called) cracked, but it was covered under warranty. Other than that I have a mix of fittings from EK, Alphacool and Barrow, and the only fitting I've had any issues with was a Barrow 90-degree that was too tight and unscrewed itself instead of rotating. EK's ZMT Neoprene tubing is also great as long as you have room for it. And their coolant has worked very well for me (I run my fans slow, so my water temps are regularly in the high 40s under load, and I've had zero growth or other issues).

Frankly, I'm glad EK is maintaining their more minimalist designs, as their more "modern" stuff often looks quite bad.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
That's interesting, I didn't saw people to install plumber tape on fittings example.
Maybe is better to install extender once and not remove him.
Your writing is butchered.

Sometimes fittings have to be removed...