• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD X570-successor to be Third-Party Sourced

The X570 heat is caused by power delivery of the M2 NVME SSD's. Not by the actual chipset itself.
Nope sorry but that's not true. The chipset always runs at full speed and has no power saving features or downclocking. That's why it gets slightly warm. But a fan is still massive overkill as the actual power consumpion never exceeds 10 watts.

But assuming you have decent airflow in your case it's not a problem. I can't speak for other manufacturers but on my Gigabyte X570 there is chipset fan control setting in BIOS and you can make your own fan curve.

14:00
16:54

And also this:

Ask ASMedia why it's taking so long. Im glad AMD decided to produce X570 themselves. Otherwise we would not have PCI-E 4.0 for years.
As for the chipset cooling i feel like most manufacturers have gone overboard with their chipset fans on X570. Personally i see no reason for active cooling on X570 and tests by Der8auer for example have shown as much.

On my X570 Aorus Master i replaced the stock thermal pad with Kryonaout and unplugged the chipset fan cable. Never have i seen temps exceeding 45c.

AMD chose to do X570 in house because ASMedia have yet mastered PCIe 4.0. It was rumoured that B550 and other 500 series chipsets will follow as soon as they finished. But it seems PCIe 4.0 is still expensive for B series chipset.

As to why it's taking too long is still unknown, currently if anyone not interested in PCIe 4.0 he can go for a 400 series chipset, they will work as expected, I don't know actually what B550 will differ from B450.

AMD chose to do X570 in house because ASMedia have yet mastered PCIe 4.0. It was rumoured that B550 and other 500 series chipsets will follow as soon as they finished. But it seems PCIe 4.0 is still expensive for B series chipset.

As to why it's taking too long is still unknown, currently if anyone not interested in PCIe 4.0 he can go for a 400 series chipset, they will work as expected, I don't know actually what B550 will differ from B450.
B550 will offer PCI-E 4.0 on the first PCI-E and M.2 slot. That's the difference between it and B450.

System Name R2V2 *In Progress
Processor Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard Asrock X570 Taichi
Cooling W2A... water to air
Memory G.Skill Trident Z3466 B-die
Video Card(s) Radeon VII repaired and resurrected
Storage Adata and Samsung NVME
Display(s) Samsung LCD
Case Some ThermalTake
Audio Device(s) Asus Strix RAID DLX upgraded op amps
Power Supply Seasonic Prime something or other
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
B550 will offer PCI-E 4.0 on the first PCI-E and M.2 slot. That's the difference between it and B450.

So like B450/X470 until AMD neutered the Agesa?

Yes I know it was done to protect the children.