• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Game Developers Conference gets Postponed due to COVID-19 Concerns

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
Game Developers Conference is perhaps one of the biggest organizations in the gaming industry, covering everything from gaming hardware to games themselves. This year's GDC event was planned to happen on March 16th, however, due to the Coronavirus COVID-19 concerns, the GDC organization has decided to postpone the event. This doesn't mean that the conference will not happen at all. Instead, the GDC organizers plan to host the event sometime "later in the summer", when hopefully the COVID-19 concerns will settle. To add, Facebook also canceled its F8 Developer Conference, along with Open Compute Project (OCP) Global Summit which also got canceled due to virus outbreak fears.

Being that Computex is happening within three months, there are growing concerns that the event may not happen at all, however, we can hope that the situation will be resolved soon and that we can bring you live coverage of the event.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
American companies being paranoid due to libel laws...

Processor Core i7 8700K@5 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling 2xEKWB Rads, EKWB Reservoir 250, Aqua Computer Kryos Next CPU Cooler, Phanteks Glacier GPU Cooler
Memory 16 GB DDR4 GSkill Trident Z 3200
Video Card(s) Asus ROG STRIX RTX 2080 O8G (GPU@2115 MHz/VRAM@7800MHz)
Storage 1x Samsung Evo 840 SSD 256, 1x WD Blue 1 TB HDD
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG248 1080p Display/144Hz/G-Sync
Case Fractal Design R6 with Window
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply be quiet 650W Straight Power
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry KB
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores FireStrike: 25953/Extreme: 13141/Ultra: 7099/TimeSpy: 11426/Superposition: 7667/CinebenchR20: 3916
Yeah but also in Germany they quit or delay fair. We all don't know how dangerous this all could get, so a little care isn't that bad. Recently I read an article in the Frankfurt Allgemeine that America is too careless with this epidemic and their health care system isn't that well prepared for all the things that will come...

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
Get your tax return cash ready to buy into the market after Coronavirus decimates it.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Or because... it is a nasty virus?
Well, maybe. The regular old flu still kills more people every year. However, there are still a lot of unknown factors and China has most likely lied a lot about it.
However, the libel law issue is real, the company my partner works for has banned all travel since a few weeks ago, because of it and it's a US company in the PC peripheral business.

Yeah but also in Germany they quit or delay fair. We all don't know how dangerous this all could get, so a little care isn't that bad. Recently I read an article in the Frankfurt Allgemeine that America is too careless with this epidemic and their health care system isn't that well prepared for all the things that will come...
Europe seemingly was just as careless, look at how it's spreading from Italy now.
Taiwan is one of the few countries so far that did the right thing, they blocked entry of PRC citizens almost as soon as they found out about the virus.
It seems to have been the best remedy so far.
Also, don't tell the PRC that I called Taiwan a country...

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
This is kind of OT... but I find a lot of publications from one country about another to be mildly to grossly inaccurate. Sometimes it's just things getting filtered down, with a lot of the same memes passed around. Being too far from the source, people take what they can get and makes sense to them. Other times, it almost seems like things are pointed out about another country to distract from things happening in the country of the article's origin. "Look at how bad things are over there with this issue we are also facing! Be glad we're not like that!" I highly suspect the reality is just as bad, but in different ways, with different elements and factors in play. Countries are very different. People are the same everywhere.

I see this a lot in Europeans in their takes on what the average American thinks, or things happening in our country that just... well, they're kind of laughable to anyone who actually lives here. Everything is really reductionist... low bit-depth images, filtered further through the lens of how people in the country writing it already see things, and the problems they're facing in their own country. And I'm sure it's the same with things that get written from the US, about European countries. Big ol grain of salt when one country writes about another. Gotta wonder about where the information comes from, let alone the intent. Remember, they aren't even there. It's an approximation of whatever the situation is, at best. News struggles to report things accurately in their home countries badly enough without trying to see across the ocean.

I mean... over here that fundamental lack of FOV/resolution was considered a big problem. We knew stuff was happening, but nobody stateside knows what's actually going on in China. But man I can tell you the news sure did reach. So much stuff was going up and being tossed out HOURS later.

My personal opinion... pretty much nobody in the world is prepared for a potential outbreak, and everyone shambled around trying to figure out what to do, or if they even should. The way we operate isn't compatible with an impending cataclysmic pandemic. It shuts everything down. That's why there is a panic. Because if something DID happen, nobody would be ready and we would all be screwed. Even if we avoid it, avoiding it undermines everything else to the point where normal lives stop being feasible and things still wind up being in jeopardy.

People freak out about them because every so often, Flu pandemics actually have wiped a lot of people out. The spanish flu pandemic was one of the worst epidemics ever seen. Many millions are estimated to have died. There are a lot of theories on what really happened with it, but it nonetheless left a mark on humanity. Any time parallels can be drawn, it's going to get spooky. I don't think this is remotely the same, but I totally understand the fears.

Last edited:
System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
Well, maybe. The regular old flu still kills more people every year. However, there are still a lot of unknown factors and China has most likely lied a lot about it.
However, the libel law issue is real, the company my partner works for has banned all travel since a few weeks ago, because of it and it's a US company in the PC peripheral business.

Yes, it does. But the thing is - when people compare it to the flu, they forget something very important - we really do not need another flu, one alone does enough damage. Twice that? Well...

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Death occurs with those with a compromised immune system.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
Yes, it does. But the thing is - when people compare it to the flu, they forget something very important - we really do not need another flu, one alone does enough damage. Twice that? Well...
Haha, I've been thinking about that side, too. That might be the most pragmatic way to look at it. It's still one of those things where if you know about it, you want to at least try to avoid it. It's still gotta be taken seriously. Maybe in itself it's not a huge number but in the bigger picture, if you combine it with normal flu death statistics, the net outcome could then be "Twice as many deaths implicated the flu this year." Which is definitely still significant, even if it's not this big historical event that people remember later. Looking back you can see trends of these events - it adds up over time. I think a lot of people know the history of the big ones but somehow if it's not like 'that time' it means nothing. For me that's never been a satisfying way to look at it. The "Oh no it's going to be like before." and the "It's really just another flu virus with flair." sides of that one consensus reality both seem equally off to me, even if the latter sounds more reasonable. It's just like "Yeah, I guess..."

I've also been thinking about it in terms of another strong flu compounding health problems across a population. Even if relatively few die, the amount of people who get it and are affected by it is exponentially larger. Sometimes the effects of an event like that trickle out across a person's history. They accumulate over time. There could be another event later that would've been less likely to happen if not for ones like that happening before, even if one can't be directly tied to another. It's part of a larger sequence. Having one more thing to hit a group's immune system hard can have many subtle effects that are harder to track and deal with. People say that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. But sometimes I think it's what makes us stronger that often kills us eventually.

And there are so many different ways that can happen. Immunocompromised people come in many forms, but all of those people make up a much more vulnerable part of the population. Anything that makes a significant portion of them more likely to die or suffer compound issues later is significant. The more things there are to compromise the immune system, the bigger the number of immunocompromised people becomes. It's like a cycle.

Gotta keep it in context. Depending on the groups you're looking at it's either nothing or a pretty big deal. For you or I it might be nothing but another flu going around, but that's gonna be significantly less likely depending on what group you're in. It doesn't mean those people in those groups dying at an accelerated rate isn't significant in itself. Things still have to be done to mitigate it, if possible. What people can do themselves isn't enough sometimes. The means to keep that sort of thing from happening as often are beyond individual efforts. It's all a group affair, so even if it doesn't affect you or me personally, it still matters. Beneath all the panic and sensationlism, it's still something important to be aware of and show some regard for. It's hard to know who will wind up needing to know, so it's best that everybody knows. To me that's just part of disease prevention as a whole. A better informed general populace goes a long way in getting people to the right treatments if not minimizing contact.

Last edited:

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
American companies being paranoid due to libel laws...

Better safe than sorry, and lets face it's not the first time some virus came from China.

And Didn't CCCP or\and the government block the CDC from checking on it too.

Sorry had enough of China's government BS.

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
Better safe than sorry, and lets face it's not the first time some virus came from China.

TBH BS comes from every government we have. Unfortunately....

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Not true, some people have been healthy and have had organ failures due to how this virus works.
Some people have also been re-infected within ten days of being declared as recovered from it.

Sure, see my comment about Taiwan above.

The PRC government tried to hide it for the first month or so, but the WHO seems to be happy with their efforts of preventing it from spreading and refuses to call it a pandemic, despite the rate it's spreading at... (Note that the CCCP was the Soviet Union, not sure what that has to do with anything.)

Try living across the South China Sea, it'll really make you fed up...

Last edited:
System Name Rainbow Puke Machine :D
Processor Intel Core i5-11400 (MCE enabled, PL removed)
Motherboard ASUS STRIX B560-G GAMING WIFI mATX
Cooling Corsair H60i RGB PRO XT AIO + HD120 RGB (x3) + SP120 RGB PRO (x3) + Commander PRO
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 2 x 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 C16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6 (Stock)
Storage Corsair MP600 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 SSD
Display(s) LG 29WK600-W Ultrawide 1080p IPS Monitor (primary display)
Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow (White) w/Lighting Node CORE + Lighting Node PRO RGB LED Strips (x4).
Audio Device(s) ASUS ROG Supreme FX S1220A w/ Savitech SV3H712 AMP + Sonic Studio 3 suite
Power Supply Corsair RM750x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB FPS Gaming (White)
Keyboard Corsair K60 PRO RGB Mechanical w/ Cherry VIOLA Switches
Software Windows 11 Professional x64 (Update 23H2)
another disappointing news, I guess... all thanks to COVID-19.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
This is kind of OT... but I find a lot of publications from one country about another to be mildly to grossly inaccurate. Sometimes it's just things getting filtered down, with a lot of the same memes passed around. Being too far from the source, people take what they can get and makes sense to them. Other times, it almost seems like things are pointed out about another country to distract from things happening in the country of the article's origin. "Look at how bad things are over there with this issue we are also facing! Be glad we're not like that!" I highly suspect the reality is just as bad, but in different ways, with different elements and factors in play. Countries are very different. People are the same everywhere.

I see this a lot in Europeans in their takes on what the average American thinks, or things happening in our country that just... well, they're kind of laughable to anyone who actually lives here. Everything is really reductionist... low bit-depth images, filtered further through the lens of how people in the country writing it already see things, and the problems they're facing in their own country. And I'm sure it's the same with things that get written from the US, about European countries. Big ol grain of salt when one country writes about another. Gotta wonder about where the information comes from, let alone the intent. Remember, they aren't even there. It's an approximation of whatever the situation is, at best. News struggles to report things accurately in their home countries badly enough without trying to see across the ocean.

I mean... over here that fundamental lack of FOV/resolution was considered a big problem. We knew stuff was happening, but nobody stateside knows what's actually going on in China. But man I can tell you the news sure did reach. So much stuff was going up and being tossed out HOURS later.

My personal opinion... pretty much nobody in the world is prepared for a potential outbreak, and everyone shambled around trying to figure out what to do, or if they even should. The way we operate isn't compatible with an impending cataclysmic pandemic. It shuts everything down. That's why there is a panic. Because if something DID happen, nobody would be ready and we would all be screwed. Even if we avoid it, avoiding it undermines everything else to the point where normal lives stop being feasible and things still wind up being in jeopardy.

People freak out about them because every so often, Flu pandemics actually have wiped a lot of people out. The spanish flu pandemic was one of the worst epidemics ever seen. Many millions are estimated to have died. There are a lot of theories on what really happened with it, but it nonetheless left a mark on humanity. Any time parallels can be drawn, it's going to get spooky. I don't think this is remotely the same, but I totally understand the fears.

It's not your opinion; it's a truth. You're spot on.

National bias is ever-present in news pieces, and that's before any left/right political interference. We judge others because they are not like us, speak like us, or behave like us but it does not make them wrong. Nor does it make them right. It is a fundamental disconnect. The greatest example is us Brits imagine we know what the Americans are like (you speak our language and dress like us) but ideoligically, we are very different. No nation is an island, they say, but really, every nation is it's own floating empire.

As for the potential pandemic; by their very nature (incubation periods of asymptomic normality), no nation can pre-empt the spread of such a viral pathogen. It has to be discovered, usually many weeks after first exposure, and by then, the outbreak has already begun.

System Name schweinestalle
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700 X
Motherboard Asus Prime - Pro X 570 + Asus PCI -E AC68 Dual Band Wi-Fi Adapter
Cooling Standard Air
Memory Kingston HyperX 2 x 16 gb DDR 4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 5700 XT 8 GB Strix
Storage Intel SSD 240 gb Speed Demon & WD 240 SSD Blue & WD 250 SSD & WD Green 500gb SSD & Seagate 1 TB Sata
Display(s) Asus XG 32 V ROG
Case Corsair AIR ATX
Audio Device(s) Realtech standard
Power Supply Corsair 850 Modular
Mouse CM Havoc
Keyboard Corsair Cherry Mechanical
Software Win 10
Benchmark Scores Unigine_Superposition 4K ultra 7582
TBH I feel this virus is not powerful enough to cause paranoia , I think its the governments that try to keep it under wraps
and then when it spreads oh my god it wasn't our fault . If you are healthy and young covid wont kill you so keep doing your regular stuff eg : Travelling my too sents

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
TBH I feel this virus is not powerful enough to cause paranoia , I think its the governments that try to keep it under wraps
and then when it spreads oh my god it wasn't our fault . If you are healthy and young covid wont kill you so keep doing your regular stuff eg : Travelling my too sents
How do you know?
Have you read any of the stories of what's actually going on in China?
The PRC government is darking a lot of things.
The crematoriums are running 24/7, they're even burning some people alive, a lot of corpses are labelled with unknown cause of death just to keep the numbers down.
Let's wait and see what happens in Korea and Italy, if the deaths are low enough there, then maybe it's not too bad, bur right now, it's way too early to say what it is or isn't.
However, I agree that there's too much paranoia, but this is largely thanks to the WHO who hasn't been truthful about what's going on as well, as the PRC has some hold on the leader of the WHO.
A lot of people are also catching it quickly again after having been declared free of the virus.

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce 3060 XC Black Gaming 12GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
If you have people you care about who are older, you should be concerned for their health. Given that the virus is very infectious and also has a dormant period and in some people does not even present symptoms, risk of contagion is quite high. Everyone will probably get this virus eventually.

System Name Fractal
Processor Intel Core i5 13600K
Motherboard Asus ProArt Z790 Creator WiFi
Cooling Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory 16GBx2 G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 DDR5 6000 CL30-40-40-96 (F5-6000J3040F16GX2-RS5K)
Video Card(s) PNY RTX A2000 6GB
Storage SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GK950F-B (34"/IPS/1440p/21:9/144Hz/FreeSync)
Case Fractal Design R6 Gunmetal Blackout w/ USB-C
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless/Klipsch Pro-Media 2.1BT
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 850w 80+ Titanium
Mouse Logitech G700S
Keyboard Corsair K68
Software Windows 11 Pro
I believe the this COVID-19 has already been stateside for a while. Schools were already shutting down over Christmas into New years over so many kids being sick. It was always "flu-like symptoms" but you can bet maybe 1/5 kids, if that, ever actually got tested with what they had. It decimated our household, my wife being the only one to not get bedridden for at least a day. (there's a joke there somewhere) I had fevers for days, stuffy nose, and then a cough that lingered for WEEKS. (and yeah, I have had my flu shots)

Containment is a joke. Best they can do now is slow it down. A gentleman from Japan left Honolulu via Delta on like the 7th of Feb who ended up having it. We arrived on the 8th. I imagine it was ALL over the airport by that point. I wish I could volunteer to get sick, so I can get it over with on my terms and not have my WHOLE household go down at once again. A nightmare as it is getting really sick, it's even worse when both parents and all 3 kids are sick as well. And a Grandma . And an Aunt. There's no relief.

As far as the US response - Trump has been damned if he does, damned if he doesn't from the get-go. If he closed the borders - "OMG RACIST!!!", and you see if he says, 'We're doing our best, let's not panic'; it's "OMG he's such a fool, he's not taking this seriously enough!" The media is not helping the situation in the slightest.

System Name Violet
Processor AMD Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard ASRock x570 Phantom Gaming X
Cooling Be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory G.Skill Flare x 32GB 3400Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI 6900XT Gaming X Trio
Storage Western Digital WD Black SN750 1TB
Display(s) 3440x1440
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH Performance
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse EVGA X15
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Windows 10 64bit
The crematoriums are running 24/7, they're even burning some people alive, a lot of corpses are labelled with unknown cause of death just to keep the numbers down
FAKE-NEWS!

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
jeez wtf. How did you find out?
FAKE-NEWS!

Plenty of reports leaking out of China. Just because it's not reported in the west doesn't mean it's fake news.
Obviously the PRC government doesn't want this kind of news to be reported.

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR / AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
No, thanks to people that eat disgusting food.
I think Dutch food is pretty disgusting, so does that mean you're one of the people in that group?
I mean, what's will all the weird herring? Had a really nasty pizza when I was there a couple of weeks ago. Pseudo Asian food that's kind of meh. The list goes on...

Also, the latest rumours out of China suggests that it wasn't weird/wild animals, but rather someone selling animals that had been used for lab testing that were sold to the local market and then sold on as food, as a few people wanted to make a quick buck...

Last edited:
Processor Core i7 8700K@5 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling 2xEKWB Rads, EKWB Reservoir 250, Aqua Computer Kryos Next CPU Cooler, Phanteks Glacier GPU Cooler
Memory 16 GB DDR4 GSkill Trident Z 3200
Video Card(s) Asus ROG STRIX RTX 2080 O8G (GPU@2115 MHz/VRAM@7800MHz)
Storage 1x Samsung Evo 840 SSD 256, 1x WD Blue 1 TB HDD
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG248 1080p Display/144Hz/G-Sync
Case Fractal Design R6 with Window
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply be quiet 650W Straight Power
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry KB
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores FireStrike: 25953/Extreme: 13141/Ultra: 7099/TimeSpy: 11426/Superposition: 7667/CinebenchR20: 3916
Taiwan is one of the few countries so far that did the right thing, they blocked entry of PRC citizens almost as soon as they found out about the virus.
Absolutely agree here.

we really do not need another flu, one alone does enough damage. Twice that?

Yes Covid 19 AND flu would be very bad...

And when you suffer from flu first and then also get corona...

The crematoriums are running 24/7, they're even burning some people alive

Nothing heard of this one but who knows whats going on in Chiina, they lie about nearly everything whats awkward...

Also, the latest rumours out of China suggests that it wasn't weird/wild animals, but rather someone selling animals that had been used for lab testing that were sold to the local market and then sold on as food, as a few people wanted to make a quick buck...

Problem is that they always eat such stuff uncooked....

Let's wait and see what happens in Korea and Italy

Italy....they won't get it done right, but I also don't understand why Germany doesn't quit any entries from Italy, still planes from Italy are landing here and so on...

Last edited:

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Problem is that they always eat such stuff uncooked....
1. Sushi is Japanese, not Chinese.
2. Sushi can be really good, but you need to go to a high-end place to eat really good sushi. One of my favourites is with halibut, lightly torched.
3. Don't mix up sushi and sashimi, the first one comes on rice, the second one is just raw slices of something.
4. In Japan, they eat chicken and horse sashimi. I've had the latter, but would't eat the first.
5. Look up balut, it's quite popular in several south east Asian countries.

That said, in China they eat a lot of much weirder things and if they don't eat it, it's "medicine". The "traditional Chinese medicine" industry has pushed a lot of wild animals to the brink of extinction, just because some idiots thinks that eating ground up animal parts will get them a bigger todger, cure cancer or make sure their first born is a boy...

And if you want to watch what some "influencers" in China do when they're hungry...