• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel "Tiger Lake-U" Processor with Relatively High Clock Speed Spotted

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
An unnamed Intel "Tiger Lake-U" quad-core processor was spotted on Futuremark database by _rogame, featuring 2.80 GHz nominal clock-speeds. Barring the 28 W i7-1068NG7 and i5-1038NG7, which are exclusive for MacBooks and aren't considered U-segment, all current-gen "Ice Lake" client chips have their nominal clock speeds ranging between 1.00 to 1.30 GHz. Given this, 2.80 GHz would qualify as a big jump for a U-segment "Tiger Lake" chip. We know from a separate report that "Tiger Lake" could also offer Turbo Boost frequencies as high as 4.70 GHz for the top Core i7-1185G7 part, a similar jump from the 3.90 GHz max boost of the current-gen i7-1065G7, all while retaining a 15 W nameplate TDP.

The Futuremark database listing only mentions nominal clock of 2.80 GHz, and the CPU core configuration of 4-core/8-thread. The hardcoded CPU name string of this prototype specifies "Tiger Lake U," confirming this is a 15 W part, and not a 28 W part that will be gobbled down by Apple. Intel's newfound clock-speed headroom could be attributed to the company's refined 10 nm+ silicon fabrication node. "Tiger Lake" combines "Willow Cove" CPU cores with an iGPU based on the company's ambitious new Xe graphics architecture, marking its commercial debut. "Tiger Lake" is expected to launch around September-October, 2020.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
"as high as..." is a bit of a meme for Apple at this stage as their recent macbooks like to do a lot of overheating and throttling of the CPUs. Its just how inadequate the cooling system is in their macbooks

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
Interesting, Curious to see if these speeds could indicate that Intel has partially fixed the 10nm scaling problem.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Motherboard Asus Z690-Plus TUF Gaming WiFi D5
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm AIO
Memory PNY MAKO DDR5-6000 C36-36-36-76
Video Card(s) PowerColor Hellhound 6700 XT 12GB
Storage WD SN770 512GB m.2, Samsung 980 Pro m.2 2TB
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440p / 34" MSI MAG341CQ 3440x1440
Case Montech Air X
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 25
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Lots
If they can get these out by Sept/Oct in shipping products, it will do a lot for Intel's laptop space.

This is what 10nm Ice Lake (much lower clocks than Tiger Lake) did for the MacBook Air vs the previous 14nm parts in Geekbench (this is single thread, multi thread is much faster due to more cores) :

IceLakeMacBookAir.JPG

"as high as..." is a bit of a meme for Apple at this stage as their recent macbooks like to do a lot of overheating and throttling of the CPUs. Its just how inadequate the cooling system is in their macbooks

Looking forward to see if Intel can pull this off. I agree that based on recent products from Intel, they tend to boast very high clockspeed, but in real life, that claim falls flat due to thermal constraints. While I know that this is going to be a 10nm chip instead of the usual 14nm, we need to consider that the underlying CPU and GPU architecture is expected to improve a lot. The GPU in particular is expected to take up more die space as compared to the current Ice Lake UHD graphics.

At least for the Ice Lake U i5 processor I am using now, I am happy to report that it can hit the boost clockspeed of 3.6Ghz for awhile, and able to somewhat maintain around 3.2Ghz with a moderate load. In games, this may go lower to 1.4Ghz. Which is why I am somewhat skeptical about Intel's high clockspeed claim.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X ||| Intel Core i7-3930K
Motherboard ASUS ProArt B550-CREATOR ||| Asus P9X79 WS
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S ||| Be Quiet Pure Rock
Memory Crucial 2 x 16 GB 3200 MHz ||| Corsair 8 x 8 GB 1333 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 3GB ||| MSI GTX 680 4GB
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB + 1 TB ||| Intel 545s 512 GB + 256 GB
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" ||| Eizo EV2416W 24"
Case Fractal Design Define 7 XL x 2
Audio Device(s) Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 x 2
Mouse Razer Abyssus
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire XT
Software Ubuntu
Interesting, Curious to see if these speeds could indicate that Intel has partially fixed the 10nm scaling problem.
Intel claims the yields are better than expected, so they have fixed the yields problem.
But the other problem (which most ignore) is probably not "fixable"; production capacity. Intel simply didn't account for the increased demand in server and laptop segments, so even with the best yields, 10nm can't cover their entire lineup. I just wish they could spare some of it for a few (enthusiast) desktop SKUs, that would have come a long way.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
The point of 4.7 Ghz turbo with a TDP ceiling of 15W completely eludes me. So they can do burst loads... great, what's new? They're still stuck with terrible performance after that. Sub or near 1 Ghz is just shit no matter how you slice this. Those are frequencies we used to idle at... and IPC has NOT improved substantially over the past five years.

This also does not confirm Intel 'fixed' their high performance on 10nm. We know efficiency is already out the window on 14nm+++... Intel doesn't give a shit if your battery level drops by a few % every time Tiger Lake bursts to 4.7... This number is highly suspicious wrt power draw and given its timing. They're also still just duals and quads :)

I think going forward I will be purchasing my CPUs based on the base clock spec and not turbo at all. I've just finished troubleshooting a Macbook Pro with a hexacore Intel in it... apparently 'normal use' is now having a laptop you can't place on your lap without burning a hole in your pants (and not just from the 3K price tag!). 'In spec'....

That together with the recent Throttlestop issues / undervolt lockdown on recent CPUs does not bode well.

Intel claims the yields are better than expected

The irony could not be greater. And you believe this? Expectations must have been pretty damn low then.

Last edited:

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃B550-I Strix
Cooling PA120+T30┃AXP120x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lone Industries L5
Power Supply Corsair HX1000┃HDPlex
The point of 4.7 Ghz turbo with a TDP ceiling of 15W completely eludes me. So they can do burst loads... great, what's new? They're still stuck with terrible performance after that. Sub or near 1 Ghz is just shit no matter how you slice this. Those are frequencies we used to idle at... and IPC has NOT improved substantially over the past five years.

This also does not confirm Intel 'fixed' their high performance on 10nm. We know efficiency is already out the window on 14nm+++... Intel doesn't give a shit if your battery level drops by a few % every time Tiger Lake bursts to 4.7... This number is highly suspicious wrt power draw and given its timing. They're also still just duals and quads :)

I think going forward I will be purchasing my CPUs based on the base clock spec and not turbo at all. I've just finished troubleshooting a Macbook Pro with a hexacore Intel in it... apparently 'normal use' is now having a laptop you can't place on your lap without burning a hole in your pants (and not just from the 3K price tag!). 'In spec'....

That together with the recent Throttlestop issues / undervolt lockdown on recent CPUs does not bode well.

Plundervolt does not affect the new "big core" uarches, I think. Ice Lake users have been able to UV just fine, it's just Comet Lake and earlier 14nm thermonuclear weapons that needed to BIOS rollback or edit their BIOSes.

Intel's straight up dug themselves back into the hole. The higher they push Skylake, the bigger the frequency hit that comes with the inevitable 10nm transition. The more cores Intel piles onto Comet Lake, the Rocket Lake transition becomes that much more nonsensical. If all goes according to rumors, Ice Lake to Tiger Lake handoff is going to be an entertaining show; I don't know out of which orifice Intel is going to pull a 4C/8T that's supposed to best a 8C/16T 10885H after they get rid of the entire moar-cores half of their lineup without a real successor. Sunny Cove hasn't got that revolutionary innovation in it, and isn't going to become that either with just a few cache changes in Willow Cove.

Renoir is great, because laptop manufacturers can never be trusted to engineer proper cooling solutions for ultrabooks. So instead of headbutting, retreating, then headbutting again into that 100° PROCHOT or artificial 15W PL1, much like Matisse, Renoir just regulates itself.

The problem isn't the single core max boost; when the load is on that core, it gets a little warmer than the rest and that's about it. Somewhere along the line, Intel started slapping these mind-boggling turbo tables on their -U SKUs where all-core turbo is just 200MHz below 1-core turbo. Remember when even full-fat desktop chips lost a few hundred MHz all-core to try and satisfy their TDPs? Ice Lake doesn't even reach 4GHz, and it already runs no cooler than the Whiskey Lake-U SKUs because despite the big cores's big IPC promises, it's only got so many threads and just messing around in Windows heavily loads 75% of them. Then the turbo bins kick in and there you are, sitting with Reactor No.4 in your lap.

Rather ironic that desktop -T and -S SKUs have not changed their power management configurations in 8 years, yet 15W -U mobile SKUs threw their turbo tables out the window and devolved into insanity. Speaking of turbo tables, Intel doesn't even publish turbo tables anymore, something they've done consistently for years. Now, you have to buy the product, open up Throttlestop and see for yourself what the bins are.

Last edited:
Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
Cooling Alpenföhn Black Ridge
Memory 2*16GB DDR4-2666 VLP @3800
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 XC3
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Pro, 2TB Intel 660p
Display(s) ASUS PG279Q, Eizo EV2736W
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
You are completely missing the point it seems.
- What is wrong with 4.7 GHz turbo in 15W? It means good single/low thread performance if it works.
- The entire point of this particular result is that Reported Stock Core Clock is 2.8GHz. This is the base clock. For comparison, Ice Lake 1065G7 has a base clock of 1.3GHz. If it turns out to be a true result for a 15W Tiger Lake, this is a significant improvement. 1.3 > 2.8 is a very big difference.
- Idle is completely irrelevant for this discussion, idle and low usage scenario clock and power management has been figured out for a while now.
- IPC has improved substantially over the past five years. Ice Lake is +18%, Tiger Lake so far is reported to get another 10+% improvement.

Speaking of turbo tables, Intel doesn't even publish turbo tables anymore, something they've done consistently for years. Now, you have to buy the product, open up Throttlestop and see for yourself what the bins are.
There is some merit in the claim that this is too dynamic to put in the table ever since core count went over 4 or so, along with the improvements in dynamic clocks speeds, temperature dependent boost and rising importance of power limits. By the way, AMD does not publish turbo tables either, never has and gives the same reasoning.

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
- What is wrong with 4.7 GHz turbo in 15W? It means good single/low thread performance if it works.
- The entire point of this particular result is that Reported Stock Core Clock is 2.8GHz. This is the base clock. For comparison, Ice Lake 1065G7 has a base clock of 1.3GHz. If it turns out to be a true result for a 15W Tiger Lake, this is a significant improvement. 1.3 > 2.8 is a very big difference.
- Idle is completely irrelevant for this discussion, idle and low usage scenario clock and power management has been figures out for a while now.
- IPC has improved substantially over the past five years. Ice Lake is +18%, Tiger Lake so far is reported to get another 10+% improvement.

Ok, time to put on my reading glasses, because somehow I concluded these bases were stuck in 1 Ghz land.. thx lol

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
There is some merit in the claim that this is too dynamic to put in the table ever since core count went over 4 or so, along with the improvements in dynamic clocks speeds, temperature dependent boost and rising importance of power limits. By the way, AMD does not publish turbo tables either, never has and gives the same reasoning.

AMD can hide behind that excuse because PB2 has a complex relationship (from user observations over the past 9 months) with temperature, which comes into play in regulating performance even when the chip is far away from its actual Tjunction. Renoir just takes thermal management one step more aggressively than Matisse, which only really started scaling back performance at 80C.

Intel does the same C-state and deep idle tricks as AMD, albeit slower and less finely tuned, but that's where the similarities end. Current -U SKUs aren't nearly as smart as they sound. They are hard limited by the PL1 and PL2 wattage limits (and sometimes a third long-term power limit) that are often arbitrarily set by the OEM. Aside from extremely poor VRMs that can't deliver enough power in some ultrabooks, they aren't limited by much.

Turbo Boost isn't dependent on temperatures. Not unless you count running into 95C PROCHOT then throttling, then proceeding to do exactly the same thing all over again after temps drop a bit, as "temperature dependent". That, and Thermal Velocity Boost, but that [thankfully] doesn't exist for 15W -U parts. If Intel -U SKUs were smart and knew how best to keep themselves from throttling, Throttlestop wouldn't need to exist.

The trend of all-core turbo bins creeping up to 1-core turbo bins in 15W parts isn't helping the fact that almost all Intel-powered ultraportables have throttling problems. Ice Lake solved none of those problems, despite its efficiency. Higher all-core and base clock is the reason for 45W parts' existence, and has always been. And base clock doesn't mean a whole lot to these -U chips; they'll boost all day until they run into PROCHOT, unless they're in Lenovo laptops, in which case they're tempered by the weird extra power limit.

Now, if Tiger Lake pulls out some smart power/temperature management controls on the level of PB2, then we might be in for an interesting treat. Otherwise, it's just going to do what the rest of the -Us have been doing for years - running facefirst into the same brick wall, repeatedly.

Last edited:
Processor R5 5600X
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
Thermal Velocity Boost absolutely exists for 15W U parts, specifically in Whiskey Lake U and now Comet Lake U.

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Thermal Velocity Boost absolutely exists for 15W U parts, specifically in Whiskey Lake U and now Comet Lake U.

I stand corrected. -U from those two families allow +100MHz when under 70C.

But that hardly changes anything in terms of thermal management. You can more or less treat TVB as an extra +1 turbo bin that's only going to be in effect for half a second if anything more than 1 core is used, thus something that only really works on 1 core. Which is fine, as lightly threaded boost is generally sustainable and is what drives user experience on ultraportables, but that doesn't change anything else as to how these processors behave.

Processor R5 5600X
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
That was not my point anyway. Thermal is but one of the variables. There are multiple and even if we only look at a basically table-based frequency, there is a power limit, there are different types of loads we have not even brought into discussion, like AVX2 for Intel. Basically if a table of frequencies would be published, there would be many many exceptions to that with any of the today's CPUs.

- Idle is completely irrelevant for this discussion, idle and low usage scenario clock and power management has been figured out for a while now.

There is nothing wrong to have a faster turbo clock. Only problem is how long will it sustain this speed in order for us to observe tangible performance improvement. Based on my current Ice Lake U based laptop, the boost speed is at most a second or less, and it depends on how often it happens. As to the base clockspeed, compared to the listed specs between Ice Lake and Tiger Lake, the former has a significantly lower base clockspeed. Again based on my logs, the Ice Lake U in my laptop is running between 3 to 3.3Ghz 68% of the time when under gaming load which I ran for round about 22 mins. But again, this is at the mercy of the cooling solution implemented by the PC maker.

In terms of IPC improvement, I am not sure if you mean +18% over 5 years? Ice Lake as compared to Whiskey Lake may have improved somewhat due to increased cache, but +18% don't sound right to me. Unless under specific conditions and not general performance, then perhaps.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
There is nothing wrong to have a faster turbo clock. Only problem is how long will it sustain this speed in order for us to observe tangible performance improvement. Based on my current Ice Lake U based laptop, the boost speed is at most a second or less, and it depends on how often it happens. As to the base clockspeed, compared to the listed specs between Ice Lake and Tiger Lake, the former has a significantly lower base clockspeed. Again based on my logs, the Ice Lake U in my laptop is running between 3 to 3.3Ghz 68% of the time when under gaming load which I ran for round about 22 mins. But again, this is at the mercy of the cooling solution implemented by the PC maker.

In terms of IPC improvement, I am not sure if you mean +18% over 5 years? Ice Lake as compared to Whiskey Lake may have improved somewhat due to increased cache, but +18% don't sound right to me. Unless under specific conditions and not general performance, then perhaps.

What OEM is your laptop? That's a lot of watts for them to allow (or maybe just 25 b/c it's gaming workload).

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X ||| Intel Core i7-3930K
Motherboard ASUS ProArt B550-CREATOR ||| Asus P9X79 WS
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S ||| Be Quiet Pure Rock
Memory Crucial 2 x 16 GB 3200 MHz ||| Corsair 8 x 8 GB 1333 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 3GB ||| MSI GTX 680 4GB
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB + 1 TB ||| Intel 545s 512 GB + 256 GB
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" ||| Eizo EV2416W 24"
Case Fractal Design Define 7 XL x 2
Audio Device(s) Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 x 2
Mouse Razer Abyssus
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire XT
Software Ubuntu
IPC is "workload agnostic", an average across many benchmarks, as you can see here.
Ice Lake offers 18% IPC gains over the Skylake family, but Ice Lake-U runs at lower clock speeds than Whiskey Lake-U, so the real world difference may be less.
I don't know if the claims of IPC gains for Tiger Lake is true, but it will at least achieve much higher clock speeds.
Also be aware that U-series chips can be configured as 15/25/35W by the OEM, as well as the delay of the power limit.

If your objection to the IPC claim is due to the computer not "feeling" significantly faster, then there is a good reason for that. As low power CPUs try to squeeze in more cores and higher boost clocks (faster than the nodes advances), they have to sacrifice sustained all core speed. This increases the variance of the performance of the CPU, which becomes more and more noticeable for the end user. Using laptops today feels like driving a car with a tiny engine and a huge turbo; sometimes it performs and sometimes it doesn't…

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Case Montech Air X
Software Lots
Why speculate so much? You all have the perfect comparison mark via the MacBook Air Ice Lake vs Skylake (Y) processors. In single core it is showing 35% bumps in CPU performance (even more in multi-core but that is b/c of moar cores). This is the result of a combination of higher IPC + Intel 10nm process node (which is similar in density to TSMC 7nm).

Those Ice lake 9-10W CPUs (replacing the Skylake Y series) are actually more powerful than the Skylake U series 15-25W CPUs. There is every reason to indicate that these new Tiger Lake CPUs will heavily encroach on the performance of the bottom half of the Skylake 9th/10th gen 35-45W+ H-series CPU performance.

It's too bad Intel could not get 10nm out in even higher power parts, but that does not in any way negate the performance these chips are demonstrating in their respective segments.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
Why speculate so much? You all have the perfect comparison mark via the MacBook Air Ice Lake vs Skylake (Y) processors. In single core it is showing 35% bumps in CPU performance (even more in multi-core but that is b/c of moar cores). This is the result of a combination of higher IPC + Intel 10nm process node (which is similar in density to TSMC 7nm).

Those Ice lake 9-10W CPUs (replacing the Skylake Y series) are actually more powerful than the Skylake U series 15-25W CPUs. There is every reason to indicate that these new Tiger Lake CPUs will heavily encroach on the performance of the bottom half of the Skylake 9th/10th gen 35-45W+ H-series CPU performance.

It's too bad Intel could not get 10nm out in even higher power parts, but that does not in any way negate the performance these chips are demonstrating in their respective segments.

No, apple finally kinda upgraded cooling so they're not stuck at full throttle 24/7.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Case Montech Air X
Software Lots
No, apple finally kinda upgraded cooling so they're not stuck at full throttle 24/7.

Do you always just make up straw man fake arguments, or only when it’s about tech?

Apple did not improve cooling in the mba, they merely made the fans modular along with a few other components for easier service replacement.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Storage NVMees
Case Freebie glass idk
Do you always just make up straw man fake arguments, or only when it’s about tech?

Apple did not improve cooling in the mba, they merely made the fans modular along with a few other components for easier service replacement.

I was thinking of the pro.

But I do guarantee it's almost all in single core boost.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Case Montech Air X
Software Lots
I was thinking of the pro.

But I do guarantee it's almost all in single core boost.

Yeah mbpro is still skylakeish.

2020 mba has double the skylake version multi thread score in geekbench.

There aren’t many ways you can slice it, 10nm ice lake is a huge improvement.

Now there are some slices. The best SKUs are only for apple for instance, equivalent non apple skus were removed.