• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Acer Readies XZ270X and XZ320QX VA Monitors with 240 Hz Refreshing

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
Acer is slowly rolling out its new monitors at some Chinese retailers and today we get to see their specifications. The two monitors in question are named XZ270X and XZ320QX respectively. The XZ270X is a 27-inch curved model with 1500R curvature applied, while its bigger brother XZ320QX has a 32-inch panel with 1800R curvature. Both models rock a 1920x1080p VA-type panel with a refresh rate of 240 Hz. The VA panels in question are a new breed from CSOT and they feature 4000:1 contrast ratio.

The panels are advertised with 1 ms response time and 250 nits brightness. Both monitors offer 178-degree viewing angles and the ability to represent 16.7 million colors with sRGB (72% NTSC) color gamut. For I/O, Acer has equipped these monitors with one DisplayPort, one 3.5 mm audio jack, and two HDMI connectors. There are two 2 W stereo speakers as well. The Chinese retailer lists the 27-inch model for roughly $310 and the 32-inch model for around $420.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Dont want to BE negative, but 240hz on VA is not a great idea.. TN can barely keep up with the required 4ms pixel response, imagine VA. Well the input lag Will be lower but still.. on these panels 1440p 165hz is the acceptable rate.

las

System Name Obsolete / Waiting for Zen 5 or Arrow Lake
Processor i9-9900K @ 5.2 GHz @ 1.35v / No AVX Offset
Motherboard AsRock Z390 Taichi
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32GB G.Skill @ 4000/CL15
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom / Undervolt + OC
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB + WD SN850X 1TB + 64TB NAS/Server
Display(s) 27" 1440p IPS @ 280 Hz + 77" QD-OLED @ 144 Hz VRR
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence STX / Upgraded Op-Amps
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x / Native 12VHPWR
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Keyboard Corsair K60 Pro / MX Low Profile Speed
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
VA = smearing, high refresh rate is not completely pointless but you will never get the same experience like TN/IPS in terms of smoothness.

VA panels are great for TV's, if viewing angles are not important (unless you pick the "right" models that is). But for high fps / fast paced PC gaming, nah. Not good. Never will be.

VA can be upto 50ms in B2W/W2B transitionings. Slightly more when panel is cold. Less when warm but never comes close to TN/IPS.

Okay, these are indeed big face palm right after TPU posted Viewsonic offerings...

Processor Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600CL16
Video Card(s) 3060Ti FE 0.9v
Storage Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, 2x Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ProArt PA278QV
Case be quiet! Pure Base 500
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1850DB
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 650W
Mouse A4Tech X-748K
Keyboard Logitech K300
Software Win 10 Pro 64bit
1080p on a 32", what year is it, 2008?

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
VA = smearing, high refresh rate is not completely pointless but you will never get the same experience like TN/IPS in terms of smoothness.

VA panels are great for TV's, if viewing angles are not important (unless you pick the "right" models that is). But for high fps / fast paced PC gaming, nah. Not good. Never will be.

VA can be upto 50ms in B2W/W2B transitionings. Slightly more when panel is cold. Less when warm but never comes close to TN/IPS.
I see people posting this crap all over the place, but I can't say I have seen this so called smearing a single time in the two plus months since I got an Acer VA based 144Hz 1440p screen to use while stuck at home away from home.
I have in fact, had zero issues with it. Then again, I have to admit that the high refresh rate doesn't seem to do squat either, but it's not as if I've done a side by side comparison to my regular 4k 60Hz IPS panel.
So until someone can show some actual proof, I call BS on the whole smearing thing, or you got a really crappy panel or something.

Also, trying to watch the videos on YouTube trying to show the issue, just makes me feel motion sick as people can apparently not set up a a tripod or similar, so it seems to as much shaky camera effect as anything else. Now I want to throw up...

Last edited:
System Name Bongfjaes
Processor AMD 3700x
Motherboard Assus Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MT/s CL14
Video Card(s) GTX 970
Storage Adata SX8200 Pro 1TB + Lots of spinning rust
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2268wm
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic TTR-1000
Mouse Pro Intellimouse
Keyboard SteelKeys 6G
I see people posting this crap all over the place, but I can't say I have seen this so called smearing a single time in the two plus months since I got an Acer VA based 144Hz 1440p screen to use while stuck at home away from home.
I have in fact, had zero issues with it. Then again, I have to admit that the high refresh rate doesn't seem to do squat either, but it's not as if I've done a side by side comparison to my regular 4k 60Hz IPS panel.
So until someone can show some actual proof, I call BS on the whole smearing thing, or you got a really crappy panel or something.

Also, trying to watch the videos on YouTube trying to show the issue, just makes me feel motion sick as people can apparently not set up a a tripod or similar, so it seems to as much shaky camera effect as anything else. Now I want to throw up...

Read this entire review, VA in general has problem with darker shades.

Its one of the worse ones, but if the images there still makes you call bs, then i dont know what to tell you lol

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v

Its one of the worse ones, but if the images there still makes you call bs, then i dont know what to tell you lol
But still images aren't really showing the issue and do be honest, I don't even get the blur busters flying saucer thing, since as long as it runs at the refresh rate of the screen, it doesn't appear blurry to me, no matter what, yet in all of TFT Central's reviews, it's apparently blurry.
No disrespect to TFT Central, but I can't see the issues a lot of people talk about. Yes, IPS glow can be seen sometimes and obviously backlight bleed is very obvious, but the rest of the stuff...
Then again, maybe my eyesight is ruined, having grown up with CRT TVs and screens.

Right, ok, this test sort of does it https://www.testufo.com/ghosting
However, I can't say I have ever noticed that in any game.

System Name Bongfjaes
Processor AMD 3700x
Cooling Dark Rock Pro 4
Video Card(s) GTX 970
Case Fractal Design R6
Mouse Pro Intellimouse
Keyboard SteelKeys 6G
But still images aren't really showing the issue and do be honest, I don't even get the blur busters flying saucer thing, since as long as it runs at the refresh rate of the screen, it doesn't appear blurry to me, no matter what, yet in all of TFT Central's reviews, it's apparently blurry.
No disrespect to TFT Central, but I can't see the issues a lot of people talk about. Yes, IPS glow can be seen sometimes and obviously backlight bleed is very obvious, but the rest of the stuff...
Then again, maybe my eyesight is ruined, having grown up with CRT TVs and screens.

Right, ok, this test sort of does it https://www.testufo.com/ghosting
However, I can't say I have ever noticed that in any game.

The pictures simulate how we see it with our eyes, blurbusters has an entire article on how it works.
As i said, i dont know what else to tell you.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

Can confirm smearing is a thing with VA on this EIZO FG2421. But... the effect is gone - completely - when warmed up and using BFI.

The G2G across the board is then similar to IPS and TN. Not as fast as the fastest ones. And not fast enough to keep up with 240hz. In that sense, this panel is a pretty big pile of BS, definitely not tweaked for optimal user experience but for optimal spec sheet stats.

I have read the review and I suppose the presentation is mixed up. It is not having issues with dark shades(255>50, 12ms), it has with light shades(0>50, 39ms). As stated on tom's review of 35z, the correct naming of the issue is clouding.

Please please please, give them one more chance. They, literally, 'wipe the floor' with TN's soft spot which is RTC errors. You suddenly have quite so many VA's and not enough TN's past the reverse ghosting issue.
The LCD is mainly persistence technology, anyway. It should hold the image without breaks introduced in the motion picture. VA happens to be slow, albeit not breaking its one rule of execution, so it is still commend-worthy.

Kanan

Tech Enthusiast & Gamer
System Name eazen corp | Xentronon 7.2
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X // PBO max.
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 w/ AM4 kit // 3x Corsair AF140L case fans (2 in, 1 out)
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16 GB DDR4 3600 @ 3800, CL16-19-19-39-58-1T, 1.4 V
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti modded to MATRIX // 2000-2100 MHz Core / 1938 MHz G6
Storage Silicon Power P34A80 1TB NVME/Samsung SSD 830 128GB&850 Evo 500GB&F3 1TB 7200RPM/Seagate 2TB 5900RPM
Display(s) Samsung 27" Curved FS2 HDR QLED 1440p/144Hz&27" iiyama TN LED 1080p/120Hz / Samsung 40" IPS 1080p TV
Case Corsair Carbide 600C
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud Orbit S / Creative SB X AE-5 @ Logitech Z906 / Sony HD AVR @PC & TV @ Teufel Theater 80
Power Supply EVGA 650 GQ
Mouse Logitech G700 @ Steelseries DeX // Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB /w Cherry MX Brown switches
VR HMD Still nope
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 15 095 Time Spy | P29 079 Firestrike | P35 628 3DM11 | X67 508 3DM Vantage Extreme

I have a SVA panel in my model, and it has a feature similar to ULMB, which makes the monitor very fast, even for the fastest shooters. The colors are crisp as f and it has HDR 600 as a bonus. So maybe you're right with older panels, or the average ones, but not all of them. Samsung actually made the effort to make this viable.

System Name Bongfjaes
Processor AMD 3700x
Cooling Dark Rock Pro 4
Video Card(s) GTX 970
Case Fractal Design R6
Mouse Pro Intellimouse
Keyboard SteelKeys 6G
I have read the review and I suppose the presentation is mixed up. It is not having issues with dark shades(255>50, 12ms), it has with light shades(0>50, 39ms). As stated on tom's review of 35z, the correct naming of the issue is clouding.

Please please please, give them one more chance. They, literally, 'wipe the floor' with TN's soft spot which is RTC errors. You suddenly have quite so many VA's and not enough TN's past the reverse ghosting issue.
The LCD is mainly persistence technology, anyway. It should hold the image without breaks introduced in the motion picture. VA happens to be slow, albeit not breaking its one rule of execution, so it is still commend-worthy.
Late reply, but the lower the number on starting point and end point on that graph, the closer to a black transition it is, you read it reversed
And yes, curved VA's have a problem with clouding, looking like a batman symbol at times

System Name Main
Processor 8700K
Motherboard Maximus Hero X
Cooling EVGA 280 CLC w/ Noctua silent fans
Memory 2x8GB 3600/16
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080TI Hybrid
Isn't the "1ms" response time supposed to help with smearing? Or is that completely unrelated?

Anyway I have a Samsung C32HG70 which is advertised as 4ms and the blurring is very minimal even without BFI. It's there, my old Asus 144hz TN panel monitor feels smoother/faster but not by much, but I kind of prefer contrast of a VA for most games. The problem with BFI on the Samsung HG70's is that enabling it dramatically reduces brightness, so I leave it off.