• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] The Jenesis Device 1.2

Jenesis

System Name The Jenesis Device
Processor AMD Athlon x64 X2 5200+ 2.6 GHz
Motherboard MSI K9N Diamond nForce 590
Cooling Akasa Evo w/ 2 fans, blue LEDs
Memory 4GB 667MHz
Video Card(s) Innovision 320MB 8800GTS OC Edition
Storage 500GB SATA Western Digital, 2 x 250GB SATA Maxtor
Display(s) 19" Widescreen HP w19ev
Case XClio A380 Twin Engine
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy SE, Logitech 5.1 Surround Speakers
Power Supply Corsair HX620W Modular PSU
Software Vista Ultimate x64, Photoshop CS2, MathCAD 13, MS Office 2007
To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
AMD X2 x64 5200+ 2.6GHz
Innovision nVidia 8800GTS 320MB OC Edition
MSI K9N Diamond
500GB SATA HDD, Western Digital
2GB RAM, Kensington
Akasa EVO Cooler
Aspire/Apevia X-Cruiser
Corsair 620W Modular PSU

Mods:
Blue UV cable sleeving, 2 12" UV cathodes, 2 12" blue cathodes, 2 4" blue cathodes, 1 6" blue 'bubble' cathode, 5 blue LED case fans, fan filters.

Changing the pictures to reflect the new wiring didn't want to work, so I created a new gallery entry.

This is my first PC build. Yes, I know the cables are shocking. Any advice about how to hide cables which are an inch in diameter and ramrod-stiff is appreciated. Obviously, the general theme is blue.

Last edited by a moderator:

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Sometimes it can be a pain to update the 'case gallery' pics....but bare with it, they do eventually change lol (you just cant see it at first :( )

I like how youve redone the wiring, its loads better :) It can be hard to hide ALL of the wiring (tbh, I gave up on trying with my system)

All in all, a very good first build :)

PS: a little tip, the black converter that the cathodes plug in to is easily hidden in the hdd area with some double sided sticky pads ;)

Jenesis

System Name The Jenesis Device
Processor AMD Athlon x64 X2 5200+ 2.6 GHz
Motherboard MSI K9N Diamond nForce 590
Cooling Akasa Evo w/ 2 fans, blue LEDs
Memory 4GB 667MHz
Video Card(s) Innovision 320MB 8800GTS OC Edition
Storage 500GB SATA Western Digital, 2 x 250GB SATA Maxtor
Display(s) 19" Widescreen HP w19ev
Case XClio A380 Twin Engine
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy SE, Logitech 5.1 Surround Speakers
Power Supply Corsair HX620W Modular PSU
Software Vista Ultimate x64, Photoshop CS2, MathCAD 13, MS Office 2007
Hehe thanks for the tip! The converter at the bottom runs the two cathodes at the rear of the case, and so the cable is too short for it to go in the drive cage with the others. So, I got some double-sided sticky velcro and attached it to the side of my graphics card :D Looks slightly better than being suspended mid-air!

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Hehe thanks for the tip! The converter at the bottom runs the two cathodes at the rear of the case, and so the cable is too short for it to go in the drive cage with the others. So, I got some double-sided sticky velcro and attached it to the side of my graphics card :D Looks slightly better than being suspended mid-air!

oic, the cables are short on those things :( I think I got away with it because my cathodes are mounted at the bottom and top :)

Good idea on the mounting, just make sure it doesnt get hot and effect your graphics card ;) (tbh Ive never checked to see if it generates heat)