• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Angry Miao Releases CYBERBOARD, First Mechanical Keyboard with Custom LED Panel on Indiegogo

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Angry Miao, a native digital vertical brand focused on revolutionizing desktop products, has made its debut into the desktop technology market with the CYBERBOARD, a custom cyberpunk mechanical keyboard and the first of its kind to feature a customizable LED panel. The CYBERBOARD was officially launched on Indiegogo today at 10 am PT. The limited edition comes with five exclusive color options - Cyber Grey, Industrial Yellow, Purple Haze, Vapor White, and Jungle Green - there are only 1,000 sets available worldwide. A 40% off deal will be offered to early birds.

"We believe that innovative products provide not only practical function, but also cultural and emotional values. We want to bring our radical design and concept to the community - that is, the world's first custom keyboard with a DIY LED panel," said Nan Li, Founder of Angry Miao. "In the process of refining the CYBERBOARD, we have constantly pursued the ultimate experience for keyboard enthusiasts, in order to bring a different product to the world while offering exceptional DIY fun and making our mark in the world. However, this is just a beginning. We will launch far more exciting products and a totally new brand line on Aug 26."

Inspired by Tesla Cybertruck, CYBERBOARD breaks the status quo of the mechanical keyboard market with its unique design, technological prowess, and highly customizable nature. The sharp-edged lines of the CNC-machined 6063 aluminium alloy frame encapsulate the rebellious cyberpunk spirit while the custom LED strip channels the retro aesthetic of the '80s.

Channeling its cyberpunk aesthetic, the CYBERBOARD's customizable LED panel features 200 LED lamp beads for vivid, eye-catching displays; as well as specific chips for programmed lighting effects and a changeable modular design. Users can opt for the keyboard's preset effects or access a unique web interface for DIY configuration www.diy.angrymiao.com.

In addition to its unique design and DIY LED panel, the CYBERBOARD has been meticulously refined by Angry Miao's engineers over hundreds of hours in order to deliver a superior typing experience.

The keyboard achieves the sensitive touch of a mechanical keyboard through its individual positioning plate, and the top mount structure is designed with a custom silicone mute mount along with a conical dampener for unparalleled shock absorption, which optimizes touch and sound. CYBERBOARD also includes a 75% layout with independent arrow key and function key zone, which is ideal for touch typing. Moreover, users can change whichever switches they like easily with their hot swap PCB.

The CYBERBOARD is built with impeccable craftsmanship using the finest materials. The meticulous 10° incline achieves the optimal balance between expressiveness and typing experience, and the keyboard is proofed three times to confirm its 0.65° radius to ensure a gentle touch while retaining its sharp appearance. In addition, the keyboard's top-level anodic coloring is up to the standard of smartphone manufacturing.

Created by enthusiasts for enthusiasts, the CYBERBOARD design team is a Red Dot award winner design team boasts talents from some of China's leading tech brands.

Users can also join the Angry Miao Discord to stay up-to-date with the CYBERBOARD developments on Discord.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
The word NICE has the N backwards :roll:

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Not sure what to do with the LED top, but atleast it looks funky.

Im still waiting for a company to pick up the G15/17/19 idea from Logitech but instead of including a screen it includes are docking station for your mobile phone and an app that allows the phone to charge and be the information screen of your PC.

System Name Lovely Milky Milky
Processor 7800X at 4GHz
Motherboard EVGA X299 FTW K
Cooling Custom milky loop
Memory 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200MHz quad channel
Video Card(s) MSI GTX1080Ti SeaHawk EK X
Storage A-DATA 512GB M.2, 750GB Samsung SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate Pipeline HDD's
Display(s) AOC CQ32G1 32" Curved 144Hz 1440p
Case Aerocool Quartz Pro
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seagate Snow Silent 750W
Mouse Fnatic Flick 2
Keyboard Drevo Blademaster TE
Software Windows 10 Pro
in the sea of keyboards and RGB this is something quite funky and different, I reckon I could live with that layout too, I'm normally a TKL guy anyway
now providing your opponents can see the LED panel at a LAN the messages could become quite creative :D

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro

Im still waiting for a company to pick up the G15/17/19 idea from Logitech but instead of including a screen it includes are docking station for your mobile phone and an app that allows the phone to charge and be the information screen of your PC.
Uhm, Logitech did that ca. 2014. It did not work very well. AMD has an app like that for their GPUs too. NZXT as well. And so on, and so on. The issue isn't that this doesn't exist, it is that there isn't - and will likely never be - a standardized implementation, meaning that there will never be broad enough support for the software for it to be truly useful.

As for this keyboard ... first, can someone please tell me what
native digital vertical brand
is supposed to mean? That is one of the most egregious examples I've seen in a while of meaningless marketing and tech startup gibberish cobbled together into a phrase.

And given that the Cybertruck is in no way cyberpunk, don't they kind of have to choose which of the two inspired their design? I mean, sure, you can argue for a combination, but the two don't go particularly well together. Nothing about this keyboard has the cobbled-together, worn, jerry-rigged, repaired and maintained look of the classic cyberpunk aesthetic. An LED matrix doesn't change that. Might as well say it's inspired by sports stadium displays.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
That keyboard looks like something straight out of VR Troopers in the 90's.

Maybe they should slam a touch interface over that RGB section to enable people to swipe color patterns when they are bored.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506

Same here wtaf doesn't that exist.

Instead of this eyeball smasher.

And I like RGB .

@Valantar wow I didn't know Ty , would prefer horizontal hold for the phone though.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
Same here wtaf doesn't that exist.

Instead of this eyeball smasher.

And I like RGB .

@Valantar wow I didn't know Ty , would prefer horizontal hold for the phone though.
Just get whatever phone holder you like (I use a cheap bamboo one from IKEA, works fine) and whatever software rocks your boat. No need for it to integrate with a keyboard.