• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Following ASUS' Lead, EVGA and ZOTAC Increase NVIDIA RTX 30-series Pricing

Better get a console when they become available, Sony and Microsoft don't have fake MSRP, and don't sell their consoles 40% more outside the US for no reason.

Console gaming looks more and more attractive.

PlayStation 5 for 400€ here I go. PC gaming is oficially dead to me, apart from the ocasional RTS/strategy game on my laptop.

Buy an Xbox/PS5. Solved.
Problem is there's far more to PC gaming than just "I'm buying a console to function as a cheap PC in protest of GPU prices". I must have racked up thousands of hours playing various mods over the years that will never be on consoles (total cost = negative thousands) plus the typically deeper sales of older games (especially given the new push for making consoles disk-less and thus the account-locked games non-resellable which will have the effect of keeping prices of console versions of games higher for longer). Not everyone rushes out to buy the latest AAA at exactly $60.00 on Day 1 either and PC prices do drop quicker for many games if you wait a few months (needed anyway given the appalling buggy state they're released in). Hardware flexibility (Ultrawide monitors, keyb & mouse, etc), 40 years of backwards compatibility, the plethora of non AAA PC-only games for which there are no console versions, emulators, needing a PC anyway for work, etc, means the whole PC experience + TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) are a lot more involving than just "inflated price of GPU minus console hardware alone, nothing else factored in".

Last edited:

Sara bnt yazn

The world has become very gloomy with what companies are doing to raise prices. I was waiting for the 3080 power to be available, but the world has become wild because of the miners
It is a so tragic and sad story

Problem is there's far more to PC gaming than just "I'm buying a console to function as a cheap PC in protest of GPU prices". I must have racked up thousands of hours playing various mods over the years that will never be on consoles (total cost = negative thousands) plus the typically deeper sales of older games (especially given the new push for making consoles disk-less (and thus non-resellable which will have the effect of keeping prices of console versions of games higher for longer). Not everyone rushes out to buy the latest AAA at exactly $60.00 on Day 1 either and PC prices do drop quicker for many games if you wait a few months (needed anyway given the appalling buggy state they're released in). Hardware flexibility (Ultrawide monitors, keyb & mouse, etc), 40 years of backwards compatibility, needing a PC anyway for work, etc, means the whole PC experience + TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) are a lot more involving than just "inflated price of GPU minus console hardware alone, nothing else factored in".
Do not get excited about the console, they are also in the bliss of the world and we are in hell since buying my first FX 5200 card. I have not hated the computer world like this today

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
If no one bought the cards, they wouldn't get away with it. It reminds me of the smartphone market where flagship/high-end devices have been steadily on the rise and people continue to buy.

I really want to upgrade my GPU but it's not looking great. :(
Hi,
Bingo buyers market is always best for consumers.
Impatient people just delay it from happening.

D

Deleted member 177333

Eh no biggie to me as I just picked up my 2080 Ti on ebay for a good price. I had been waiting around on a Hydro Copper 3080 Ti but since EVGA can't even get the blocks right for the 3080 and 3090 I said fuck it and just bought a used card. I'll probably start moving this direction more aggressively too - pricing is just ludicrous these days, so I'll just pick stuff up when I need an upgrade cheap on the 2nd hand market.

the solution :
- wait 4 years
- buy a 5050Ti
- buy Cyberpunk - Valhalla during steam winter sales 2024-2025
- play in 4k@60High

total cost now = 950$
total cost in 4years = 200$
total cost saving of the operation = 750$
Joke aside, my RTX 2080 went bust a year ago in January 2020. Got a refund and stuck my "old" 1070 Ti in my PC, i have waited for sales, for Black Friday, for RDNA 2 for RTX 3xxx cards. And today i`m stuck with the 1070 Ti, no way of getting a new middle to high tier GPU where i live. I should have bought a RX 5700XT or 2070 Super when i got the chance. Moral of the story for me, don't wait !

System Name Blackbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF B550-Plus WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill FlareX 3200Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3060 Ti Gaming Z
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB + WD SN550 1TB + Samsung 860 QVO 1TB
Display(s) LG 27GP850-B
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W
Mouse Logitech G305
Keyboard MasterKeys Pro S White (MX Brown)
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores It plays games.
Hi,
What's a bingo buyers market?

Sara bnt yazn

Joke aside, my RTX 2080 went bust a year ago in January 2020. Got a refund and stuck my "old" 1070 Ti in my PC, i have waited for sales, for Black Friday, for RDNA 2 for RTX 3xxx cards. And today i`m stuck with the 1070 Ti, no way of getting a new middle to high tier GPU where i live. I should have bought a RX 5700XT or 2070 Super when i got the chance. Moral of the story for me, don't wait !
It is the hard truth, no one is joking.

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
Just stop buying cards and other overpriced components. Also and preassembled configurations. Then trademarks will got sign to their bankruptcy and will change its minds.

We are in the middle of a pandemic and to top if off a mining boom. Many people have no choice and even if they did, miners doing crypto that still uses GPU mining would buy it anyways.

the solution :
- wait 4 years
- buy a 5050Ti
- buy Cyberpunk - Valhalla during steam winter sales 2024-2025
- play in 4k@60High

total cost now = 950$
total cost in 4years = 200$
total cost saving of the operation = 750$
Are you telling me that the solutions to our problems is...... Patience ??!!!

PATHETIC, we man children must experience new things NAAAAOOOWWWW !!!! cause its now or NEVER

System Name PC.
Processor i7 2600K 5.0Gh,i7 3770K 5.00Gh. EK, Liqed Coooleng
Motherboard P67A-UD7-B3 Gigabyte T.,ASUS,P8Z77-V PREMIUM,MAXIMUS V EXTRIME..
Cooling Liqed Cooleng ,EK Suprime LTX Nickel,EK for Motherboard,Aqua computer (WGA), Thermaltake .... 0i,
Memory G.SKILL F3-17600CL7-2GBPISG. 16GBSkill Sniper F3-17000CL94GBSR on 2400Hz 10-12-11-29 1
Video Card(s) GTX590 ,SLI ,POV TGT best 691Hz ,LiqedCoold,GTX480.....GTX1080MSI SeaHawkEK SLI
Storage OCZ-REVODRIVE 3-240GB,2xCrucialMX100.512.R-0,1x LMT-32L3m,3x 1TB-WD,1x;1x2TbSEAGATE1x2Tb Seagate
Display(s) DELL-U2412Mb,Samsung Synkmaster245B,HP ENVY 34c
Case Thermaltake, NZXT SWITCH 810SE
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE BLASTER X-Fi Titanium HD , AUNE T1MK2 TUBE USB
Power Supply ENERMAX Platimax 1500W,Thermaltake 1500W
Mouse VIPER V560,FUNC MS-3, Prestigio, R.A.T.E.7 and 5,LogitechG502,RAZER,Inperator.,dead...a.s.o.
Keyboard Trust ....LogotechG410
Software Windows7 64....
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Fire Strike 21.385 (37.234,11.828,7.176)
With the release of the RTX 3080 and RTX3090, there were competitions as to who of the bidders could make a card with cheaper parts. Solidly made models can be counted on the fingers of one hand. That a lot of sand in the eyes that someone will be able to get a new weapon. Don't piss me off as we have no influence on the price , they are not available , and the quality of the parts is very poor !

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
If no one bought the cards, they wouldn't get away with it. It reminds me of the smartphone market where flagship/high-end devices have been steadily on the rise and people continue to buy.

I really want to upgrade my GPU but it's not looking great. :(

Hi,

What's a bingo buyers market?
Hi,
Buyers market means prices adapt to sells or lack of price will go down eventually if sells are low.
Bingo means what you said was correct.

This (price increases) was probably planned years ago! Both Nvidia and AMD.... When we were alpha/beta testing GFNow Cloud Gaming 3-4 years ago (and later Stadia, also Shadow) there were rumors that they will slowly increase the low-mid range card prices (500$+) and will push players to Cloud Gaming who have low budgets for pc gaming. We always laughed to those people and didn't believe this will happen. And... Here we go. (3060ti sells for 700-800+Euro here... Can't imagine 3060 3050) I believe in 2 3 years prices will go way more higher, and stay there. AMD has Consoles, Stadia... Nvidia has GFNow, and Nvidia has partners for Cloud gaming at some regions already. (Russia and Japan) And more partners will be added for sure. This is just the start.

edit : Look at these prices....

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Storage Too much
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
Your comprehension of Capitalism is glaringly lacking. You are operating under the faulty assumption that every company is out to screw you over. I have been around long enough to see that companies have to cover their costs, they are not out to screw you because that is bad for business for them. They want you to buy their products over their competitors, but Capitalism leads to lower prices as they have to compete with other companies to win your money.

Just because you can’t get the highest end card for $50 doesn’t mean that companies are taking advantage of you for charging more than you think a product should cost YOU. They are subject to suppliers raising their prices and offering products for a fair price.

When was the last time you designed a high end GPU? Do you have any idea how much it costs to research, develop, design, manufacture, deal with RMAs because it won’t overclock as high as you want it too, etc? Obviously you don’t and if you did you would be grumping that you are not getting paid enough to design high end GPUs.

Lastly, do you see the average person driving Ferrari’s and other expensive cars? No, because we cannot afford them. Stop grumping and buy what you can afford. The world doesn’t revolve around you, your wants, and how much you want to pay for bleeding edge hardware. I’m running a RX 570 and making due with it.

Cut the bullshit, Nvidia operates on a gross margain of around 60%. AMD's been working it's way up to that number as well and Intel is already past it. This ain't got nothing to do with "fair" pricing and it has everything to do with wringing every penny out of customers as possible. All your grandstanding about the costs of developing a GPU are nothing but fluff, anyone with two hands can look at Nvida or AMD's balance sheets and see they are vastly profiting more than spending on development. Anyone following the market can see the increase in pricing over the last few years has far outpaced any increase in costs for either company. PC gaming is more popular then ever and we have sky high prices. Nvidia added 1.72 billion in 3 quarters during the pandemic alone (they only have 4.73 billion rev total) but yes, boohoo poor Nvidia not fleecing enough money while people are dying.

Competition? That's rich, did that "competition" stop memory manufacturers for fixing prices in the past? Mind you that market has many more players and thus is less susceptible to price fixing than GPUs. Did "competition" stop monitor manufacturers either? The answer is of course no.

If you haven't realized in the last 3 decades, a company's goal is to maximize profit for shareholders. If that involves a voluntary or involuntary agreement with other market players, what difference does it make? Does spectrum or comcast compete? Nope, they have the country nicely divided up so they can maximize profits.

And just stop with "ferrari" comparison. Videos cards do not cost anywhere near what a ferrari does nor are they a luxury item. I use video cards for work, I've donated video cards to hospitals (reference 780 Tis used for imaging machines). Just an excuse with no basis in fact or logic to justify the ever increasing prices of video cards.

Problem is there's far more to PC gaming than just "I'm buying a console to function as a cheap PC in protest of GPU prices". I must have racked up thousands of hours playing various mods over the years that will never be on consoles (total cost = negative thousands) plus the typically deeper sales of older games (especially given the new push for making consoles disk-less and thus the account-locked games non-resellable which will have the effect of keeping prices of console versions of games higher for longer). Not everyone rushes out to buy the latest AAA at exactly $60.00 on Day 1 either and PC prices do drop quicker for many games if you wait a few months (needed anyway given the appalling buggy state they're released in). Hardware flexibility (Ultrawide monitors, keyb & mouse, etc), 40 years of backwards compatibility, the plethora of non AAA PC-only games for which there are no console versions, emulators, needing a PC anyway for work, etc, means the whole PC experience + TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) are a lot more involving than just "inflated price of GPU minus console hardware alone, nothing else factored in".

None of which really matters if the majority of people can no longer afford it. There will be less people to make mods, less people to buy the games, and less companies willing to invest in good optimization for the platform. It's rather selfish to think people who still can afford a PC after price increases won't be affected by the loss of those that can't. cheaper parts are what make the PC accessible. A lack of those means a lack of growth for the market, plain an simple. A vast majority of the PC's I've built have been $500 or under. Those people would have purchased a console otherwise. They instead went and invested in PC games and upgrades down the line.

We can only hope that things return to normal and that value oriented entry level GPUs are released. Short of that I expect a slow decline in the platform.

Last edited:
System Name Mirkwood
Processor AMD RYZEN 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) AM4 AMD X470
Cooling Noctua D15S with additional Noctua NF-A12x25 FLX fan
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series CL16 3200Mhz 16GB (4 x 8GB)
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Radeon RX 570 DirectX 12 GV-RX570GAMING-4GD 4GB
Storage Crucial MX500 M.2 2280 500GB SATA III; WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive
Display(s) Philips 246E9QDSB 24" Frameless Monitor, Full HD IPS, 129% sRGB, 75Hz, FreeSync
Case Corsair Graphite Series 780T
Audio Device(s) Klipsch R-41PM powered monitors and SVS SB-2000 sub
Power Supply Corsair HX650
Mouse Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX
Keyboard Old Logitech keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
Cut the bullshit, Nvidia operates on a gross margain of around 60%. AMD's been working it's way up to that number as well and Intel is already past it. This ain't got nothing to do with "fair" pricing and it has everything to do with wringing every penny out of customers as possible. All your grandstanding about the costs of developing a GPU are nothing but fluff, anyone with two hands can look at Nvida or AMD's balance sheets and see they are vastly profiting more than spending on development. Anyone following the market can see the increase in pricing over the last few years has far outpaced any increase in costs for either company. PC gaming is more popular then ever and sky high prices. Nvidia added 1.72 billion in 3 quarters during the pandemic alone (they only have 4.73 billion rev total) but yes, boohoo poor Nvidia not fleecing enough money while people are dying.

Competition? That's rich, did that "competition" stop memory manufacturers for fixing prices in the past? Mind you that market has many more players and thus is less susceptible to price fixing than GPUs. Did "competition" stop monitor manufacturers either? The answer is of course no.

If you haven't realized in the last 3 decades, a company's goal is to maximum profit for shareholders. If that involves an voluntary or involuntary agreement with other market players, what difference does it make? Does spectrum or comcast compete? Nope, they have the country nicely divided up so they can maximize profits.

And just stop with "ferrari" comparison. Videos cards do not cost anywhere near what a ferrari does nor are they a luxury item. I use video cards for work, I've donated video cards to hospitals (reference 780 Tis used for imaging machines). Just an excuse with no basis in fact or logic to justify the ever increasing prices of video cards.

None of which really matters if the majority of people can no longer afford it. There will be less people to make mods, less people to buy the games, and less companies willing to invest in good optimization for the platform. It's rather selfish to think people who still can afford a PC after price increases won't be affected by the loss of those that can't. cheaper parts are what make the PC accessible. A lack of those means a lack of growth for the market, plain an simple. A vast majority of the PC's I've built have been $500 or under. Those people would have purchased a console otherwise. They instead went and invested in PC games and upgrades down the line.

We can only hope that things return to normal and that value oriented entry level GPUs are released. Short of that I expect a slow decline in the platform.
Well, you have made it very clear that you don't know jack about business, how it operates, and how some companies are practically forced to operate just to stay in business. You just keep living in your fairytale world. Your post has proven nothing about your comprehension about business. Do you have any idea what Apples profit margins are? Way higher than the average business. How about we talk about Apple's market cap? Apple is worth more than nvidia, AMD and Intel combined. Their market cap is worth more than all of the property in the state of Florida. They didn't get there on 60% profit margins. There is more to a company than balance sheets... How old are you? Wait, are you one of those guys still living at home with his parents?! Grow up and get involved in a business and learn about all the other wonderful expenses business's face that you never thought about. The Ferrari example is making the point to the extreme. How many people can run out and buy high end computer hardware and still pay all of their bills for the month right now?

As you stated, some companies may enter a price fixing agreement to keep their margins higher, but that is a select few companies, not all of them or even a quarter of them. I don't see an inability to buy PC parts right now, supply cannot meet demand, so clearly hardware is not so expensive that people cannot afford it. Obviously there are people who can more than afford to pay scalper prices for new hardware.

If anyone is grandstanding, it is you, go out and learn some things and find out it isn't as cut and dried, black and white as you think it is.

It is like owning a home, nobody thinks about replacing the water heater, the furnace, repairing electrical problems, fixing the cracked driveway, remodeling and all the fun stuff you encounter that needs to be fixed before putting it all back together again, insurance on the house, the house payment itself, electric, water, sewer, internet, and so on and so forth. All of that other stuff adds up and if I want to remodel extensively or add on, I really have to save money, same with business, they have to cover their costs. However, I don't expect that you will be able to grasp this concept a your post indicates you already have difficulty grasping the concepts from my reply previously.

Last edited:
Oh great the mythical RDNA2 and Ampere cards that can't be bought are now getting more expensive and still can't be bought. Looks like I'll never be able to upgrade my old Ivy Bridge PC unless I buy OEM crap. Even last gen cards and CPU's are more expensive and in low supply. Wait for Zen 3 I said, wait for Big Navi I said, more fool me.

System Name Mirkwood
Processor AMD RYZEN 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) AM4 AMD X470
Cooling Noctua D15S with additional Noctua NF-A12x25 FLX fan
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series CL16 3200Mhz 16GB (4 x 8GB)
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Radeon RX 570 DirectX 12 GV-RX570GAMING-4GD 4GB
Storage Crucial MX500 M.2 2280 500GB SATA III; WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive
Display(s) Philips 246E9QDSB 24" Frameless Monitor, Full HD IPS, 129% sRGB, 75Hz, FreeSync
Case Corsair Graphite Series 780T
Audio Device(s) Klipsch R-41PM powered monitors and SVS SB-2000 sub
Power Supply Corsair HX650
Mouse Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX
Keyboard Old Logitech keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
Oh great the mythical RDNA2 and Ampere cards that can't be bought are now getting more expensive and still can't be bought. Looks like I'll never be able to upgrade my old Ivy Bridge PC unless I buy OEM crap. Even last gen cards and CPU's are more expensive and in low supply. Wait for Zen 3 I said, wait for Big Navi I said, more fool me.
Well, you waited for a perfect storm of releases, at least from AMD. Two major consoles, Ryzen 5000 series and RX 6000 series. Nvidia seems to have had some supply issues. A lot of people are working from home so they need more computers at home now than ever before. More people are stuck at home and turning to video games. I bought my RX 570 during the last Bitcoin mining frenzy, I was hoping to avoid that in the future, but noooo, everything is out of stock and priced higher than I have money to afford, so I'll wait and make due with what I have.

Charging more money for stock they don't have :roll:
Their suppliers raise their prices, so manufacturers will have to do the same. Trickle down from those getting the raw materials to those selling them in their stores, they all pass the costs along to we the consumer. If demand drops, they lower prices to continue selling raw material and on the other end of the spectrum, actual product. My dad has his own construction business, he had to pass along cost increases when he bought material. Did he pass along the entire cost increase? I don't know, maybe he ate some of that increase. Nevertheless, in order to provide for his family he had to pass along those cost increases. It isn't fun for the consumer that has to deal with it at the end of the line, but my dad wasn't standing in line demanding cost increases, he was subject to them just as we are. In the end you got your raise at some company doing whatever you do and they pass that cost on to others and so the circle of money is complete. So, was that raise worth it on a small scale where everyone else has to compensate with cost increases from those raises and they pass it on down the line and all we end up with is dealing with larger numbers and not really gaining much in the end?

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
The single biggest problem in all of this is that everything is getting more expensive because Jeff Bezos is hoarding all the money.

The combined wealth of the poorest 3.5% of all humans alive (270,000,000 people) isn't as much money as Jeff and guess where 27% of all humans alive spend the money they earn? It's a good job Jeff pays all that tax, isn't it! :)

Thank you for pointing out the advantages of a gaming PC. Not like we didnt know already, thats why we are on this hobby for years. But none of those advantages justifies paying 500€ for mid range cards, this if you can find it.

I Will settle for a PS5 digital that also has big sales on PSN store and wich I can connect to any monitor. All for 400€.

You didnt get the point tho

System Name BUBSTER
Processor I7 13700K (6.1 GHZ XTU OC)
Motherboard Z690 Gigabyte Aorus Elite Pro
Cooling Arctic Freezer II 360 RGB
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 4800MHz 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3070 Super Dual OC
Storage Kingston KC 3000 PCIE4 1Tb + 2 Kingston KC 3000 1TB PCIE4 RAID 0 + 4 TB Crucial gen 4 +12 TB HDD
Display(s) Sony Bravia A85 j OLED
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX II
Power Supply Corsair AX 850 Titanium
Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 Pro RGB + Razr Taipan
Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Flare Cherry MX Red + Corsair Gaming K65 lux RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Increase only Pricing...Not the supply ... you Mfers...

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Greed. Greed never changes.

Same price if order processed by April 16th...but this is in no way up to me, the customer. eVGA can just not give me in this time the product I signed up for.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
Zotac will never get another dollar of my money. in my experience their RMA service is trash, & they dont read emails, or listen to what customers are saying. when a person drops hard earned money like $1200 on a GPU, they shouldnt have to fight for proper support, & beg & push to have whats right done.

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Storage Too much
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
Zotac will never get another dollar of my money. in my experience their RMA service is trash, & they dont read emails, or listen to what customers are saying. when a person drops hard earned money like $1200 on a GPU, they shouldnt have to fight for proper support, & beg & push to have whats right done.

When I dealt with their customer service I got the impression that's because they don't really have any infrastructure in the US. I had to mail my card to china and wait 2 months to get it back.

It's rather selfish to think people who still can afford a PC after price increases won't be affected by the loss of those that can't.
You are reading way more into my post than what I actually wrote.
Thank you for pointing out the advantages of a gaming PC. Not like we didnt know already, thats why we are on this hobby for years. But none of those advantages justifies paying 500€ for mid range cards, this if you can find it.

I Will settle for a PS5 digital that also has big sales on PSN store and wich I can connect to any monitor. All for 400€. You didnt get the point tho

I got the obvious point that people don't like €500 cards (and I agree). My point was though, that the "PC Gaming is dead now and forever" crowd seem way too impatient / doom & gloomy. The same was said during the preview mining boom, the memory price spike before that, the HDD shortage before that, etc. Crypto-booms are cyclical in nature, ie, when +95% of Bitcoins mined are owned by 1% (already hilarious for a "decentralized" currency), the "big boys" behind most of the major market movements will naturally figure out there's more reliable money in "pump and dump" economics of regular small cycles of buying at $10k then selling at +$30k then rinse & repeat soaking up an even larger percentage of coins each time for better control of the next bubble than there is trying to inflate some one-off $100k super-bubble then sustain it over years on end only to have the whole lot collapse. In short, after a few "bumps", mining will fall again over the next year just like it did last time and the GPU market will be flooded with supply at the same time as demand falls (just like it was last time). If you want a console in the mean-time, then go for it. Speaking as someone with +2,000 PC games who knows full well how this works, I'm not going to suddenly slam the door with a shout of "That's it! I'm done with PC gaming! It's dead!" and throw them all away out of impatience as a substitute for waiting a few months (in a +30 year long hobby).

Last edited: