• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft Dives into the Internals of Windows 11

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Microsoft released a fairly detailed run-down of the under-the-hood changes it made to Windows 11 over its predecessor. The operating system is optimized for a zero-trust work environment. This explains making a hardware TPM 2.0 device a minimum system requirement. The company may even penalize PCs running unsupported hardware with no access to security updates. The company also described fine-grained application performance prioritization, which automatically prevents "trivial" apps from taking up too many system resources.

Apps running in the foreground also automatically get a higher app priority. This is particularly useful when your CPU is bogged down with a heavy workload, and you're trying to open a new app. The OS automatically rations resources to ensure the app you just launched is prioritized, making the experience snappy. This technology carries forward even to the Edge web-browser, where the tab that's active has more priority, and tabs that haven't been accessed in a while are put to "sleep" (i.e. their memory is completely paged, and they're given least system resources). Microsoft calls this "Sleeping Tabs." Microsoft claims that the feature can reduce memory savings by around 30%, which could be handy for your foreground tasks. With the feature enabled, the OS (or Edge) handle prioritization automatically.

Although not mentioned by Microsoft, older reports point to Windows 11 being optimized for the new breed of hybrid CPU architectures, with awareness of "performance" and "efficiency" cores, so it can work with the processor to send the right kind of workload to the right kind of core. Besides performance and efficiency benefits, this is also key to avoid ISA mismatch between the various CPU core types.

Another key design push from Microsoft has been to improve the "always-on" experience, making your PC as accessible as your phone. Windows 11 features an optimized resume-from-sleep mechanism which, with Windows 11 logo-certified PCs, features a special sequence of turning on hardware that's powered down (i.e. the CPU, storage, networking, etc.,) and preserves the application priority states as the system returns to a wake state. This reduces resume-from-sleep times by 25%. Microsoft also worked on improving the performance of Windows Hello (biometric login), reducing Hello user-authentication times by 30%.

Microsoft also worked to reduce the overall disk footprint of the operating system. Most in-built apps come as stubs, which are either loaded from over the web at first launch; or remain compressed. Unless accessed at least once, an in-built app never posts background activity, and doesn't line up for updates, either.

The company tried to explain the steeper system requirements for Windows 11, and much of this has to do with the clean break to Intel 8th Gen Core and AMD Ryzen 2000 series (or later) processors. These are the first CPU microarchitectures with on-chip TPM 2.0 compatible security. The OS also requires UEFI, legacy booting using CSM is no longer supported. Also, third-party drivers to certain hardware are required to conform to the new DCH driver model. Microsoft claims with tighter control over hardware and driver models, it is able to ensure a "99.98% crash-free experience."

Microsoft assures that all your Windows 10-compatible software should work seamlessly with Windows 11, as if it were a feature-update. The company set up a service called App Assist to fix compatibility problems by working with the application's developers.

The Windows Update service model will also receive an overhaul. Rather than two feature-updates (typically Spring and Fall), the company will only release one feature-update per year, typically positioned in the second half. Windows Update has been overhauled to only fetch specific pieces of software that need updates, which translates to up to 40% reduction in bandwidth consumption.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
Don't like your boards new bios... and you want to use an older seems you'll get a big so what penalty and install it anyway from MS or else :cool:

D

Deleted member 24505

with awareness of "performance" and "efficiency" cores

Geared for new Intel Big/Small i wonder

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
As much as I hoped for big.LITTLE architectures to say away from desktops it looks like it's going to happen anyway. The time of affordable high core count CPUs has ended, it's crappy "efficiency cores" from now on. And I fully expect AMD to jump on the big.LITTLE boat soon, there are big profit margins to be had. Thanks Intel for ushering in a new age of technological regression.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
Yeah binning is wasteful

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
with awareness of "performance" and "efficiency" cores

Geared for new Intel Big/Small i wonder
I wouldn't rule out AMD working on a big.LITTLE of its own.

How small can you make a Zen1 core (originally designed for 14 nm) with TSMC 5 nm?

1631200603268.png

Source: My magic ass.

"The operating system is optimized for a zero-trust work environment."
Honestly if I worked at one of those, I'd be more interested in changing jobs than OS...

Apps running in the foreground also automatically get a higher app priority.
I thought that was normal since Win95, maybe even 3.1? What was "Game Mode" for W10 all about if not prioritising the foreground game?

Although not mentioned by Microsoft, older reports point to Windows 11 being optimized for the new breed of hybrid CPU architectures, with awareness of "performance" and "efficiency" cores, so it can work with the processor to send the right kind of workload to the right kind of core. Besides performance and efficiency benefits, this is also key to avoid ISA mismatch between the various CPU core types.
So older games may run worse under W11 than W7-10 if Windows "guesses" the workload incorrectly? It would be nice for TPU to test some of those.

Another key design push from Microsoft has been to improve the "always-on" experience, making your PC as accessible as your phone
No thanks. I want the opposite - an OS that simply starts programs, and then gets out of the way and shuts the f*** up for once.

Microsoft also worked to reduce the overall disk footprint of the operating system. Most in-built apps come as stubs, which are either loaded from over the web at first launch; or remain compressed. Unless accessed at least once, an in-built app never posts background activity, and doesn't line up for updates, either.
I'd be far more impressed if MS let you uninstall everything you didn't need or didn't pre-install crap-ware in the first place...

Also, third-party drivers to certain hardware are required to conform to the new DCH driver model. Microsoft claims with tighter control over hardware and driver models, it is able to ensure a "99.98% crash-free experience.
If that includes GPU drivers, I'd say the reverse is true and I've seen far more issues with forced updates of DCH drivers than with regular "Legacy" ones. "Where's my GPU Control Panel", "Which version did you download? If you downloaded the DCH version you need to go online to MS Store to get the GPU Control Panel. It's only the non-DCH drivers that install it normally without the BS"...

The company set up a service called App Assist to fix compatibility problems by working with the application's developers.
Is this service on top of App Readiness, Application Identity, Program Compatibility Assistant, Problem Reports and Solutions, etc? How many more layers of this crap is needed for Windows to understand how to start Windows applications without having it's ass wiped by "assistants"?...

The Windows Update service model will also receive an overhaul. Rather than two feature-updates (typically Spring and Fall), the company will only release one feature-update per year, typically positioned in the second half. Windows Update has been overhauled to only fetch specific pieces of software that need updates, which translates to up to 40% reduction in bandwidth consumption.
So the printing subsystem will break only once a year vs twice but it's still more unstable than LTSC?

The company may even penalize PCs running unsupported hardware with no access to security updates.
"No more forced updates" actually sounds like a plus given W10's track record...

Last edited:
System Name My PC
Processor 6700K @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard GigaByte GA-Z170XP-SLI
Cooling Pure Rock 2 + 4 Fans
Memory 2 x 16GB Corsair 3200MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming X Trio
Storage PNY CS3030 NVMe 1TB, MX500 2TB x 2, 3TB WD Blue
Display(s) 27" curved 165Hz VA 1080p (Gigabyte)
Case Corsair 200R
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2ZS with Inspire T7900 7.1 speakers, still!
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse Deathadder 2
Keyboard Xtrfy K4
Software W10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 14k1 (ish) Timespy (20k2 gfx 5k2 cpu)
"...clean break to Intel 8th Gen Core and AMD Ryzen 2000 series (or later) processors. These are the first CPU microarchitectures with on-chip TPM 2.0 compatible security..."

Iirc my 6700K on a Gigabyte Z170XP SLI mobo has this - that's gen 6. Total crock.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
With how Windows 10 "updates and/or security fixes" had a really good track record of breaking stuff....I'm not interested in shifting to a new OS from them. Bad enough I've had OS and file breaking issues with Windows 10, I don't want another OS that causes more issues with their forced updates.

System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Îťoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, NVMes everywhere / NVMes, more NVMes / Various storage, SATA SSD mostly
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / Sharkoon Rebel 9 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 / Windows 7
As much as I hoped for big.LITTLE architectures to say away from desktops it looks like it's going to happen anyway. The time of affordable high core count CPUs has ended, it's crappy "efficiency cores" from now on. And I fully expect AMD to jump on the big.LITTLE boat soon, there are big profit margins to be had. Thanks Intel for ushering in a new age of technological regression.
They will have to jump either they like it or not. Because that Big little setup gives a huge marketing advantage to Intel.
It can advertise the same number of cores as top AMD models, knowing that 90% of consumers will never know the difference.
Can advertise top performance, based on the big cores.
Can advertise exceptional efficiency, based on little cores.

AMD can't touch that with only big cores. It will be winning in some heavily multithreaded benchmarks, but it will be losing in both efficiency and performance.
Because it's easy to write an article where the author will be pointing at the fact that the PC usually runs idle or at lower loads. Measuring total power consumption at a period of time, Intel CPUs will be ending up cheaper on the power bill. It's also easy to test some games or apps or run some single threaded benchmarks and show that Intel CPUs are faster. Intel still offers top IPC and top CPU frequencies, so AMD will have to do some magic, get a couple of years ahead of Intel just to come at parity. We have seen this in those last years.

Last edited:
System Name System V
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 // a bunch of 120 mm Xigmatek 1500 RPM fans (2 ins, 3 outs)
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (BLS8G4D32AESCK.M8FE) (CL16-18-18-36)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Storage SHFS37A240G / DT01ACA200 / WD20EZRX / MKNSSDTR256GB-3DL / LG BH16NS40 / ST10000VN0008
Display(s) LG 22MP55 IPS Display
Case NZXT Source 210
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 Headset
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0
Keyboard HP Vectra VE keyboard (Part # D4950-63004)
Software Whatever build of Windows 11 is being served in Dev channel at the time.
Benchmark Scores Corona 1.3: 3120620 r/s Cinebench R20: 3355 FireStrike: 12490 TimeSpy: 4624
What was "Game Mode" for W10 all about if not prioritising the foreground game?
IIRC, that and shutting up notifications and updates while playing. However, it seems it was deprecated in 1809?

1631202586752.png

So older games may run worse under W11 than W7-10 if Windows "guesses" the workload incorrectly? It would be nice for TPU to test some of those.
There should be some clear way for Windows to discern it. First and foremost, the use of fullscreen mode and/or DirectX APIs. Additionally, if the game is that old, it's unlikely it will run worse since it won't be expecting to make use of hardware that far outclasses everything that was available in its time.

Is this service on top of App Readiness, Application Identity, Program Compatibility Assistant, Problem Reports and Solutions, etc? How many more layers of this crap is needed for Windows to understand how to start Windows applications without having it's ass wiped by "assistants"?...
To be fair, Application Identity is a security layer. Program Compatibility Assistant deals with old applications that have not been updated to be fully compliant with whatever changed over the years as new Windows versions came and went, Problem Reports and Solutions deal with those by telling Microsoft if something is going wrong with some aspect of the OS when interacting with the apps. And App Readiness is as obscure as it gets for me, since I don't understand what's its actual purpose.

"No more forced updates" actually sounds like a plus given W10's track record...
You're probably not the only thinking that.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Hey look a depressive topic on a new Windows version that's getting released.

Its like some things never change, such as the fact we're still using Windows PCs.

I think so far we've seen MS is keen to listen to the market, because its their livelihood, and the market doesn't take kindly to any sort of big change. So yeah, this will go back and forth like it did with previous Windows versions. And in the end we'll have something that just works. I agree, the road is bumpy. But its a road and the OS has unique selling points.

So, basicalky nothing new in comparisin with Win 10? All of those are already available i Win 10 if one wishes to enable them.
It seems Win 11 will simply enforce them on compatible hardware. Meeeeeh!

System Name Main
Processor 8700K
Motherboard Maximus Hero X
Cooling EVGA 280 CLC w/ Noctua silent fans
Memory 2x8GB 3600/16
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080TI Hybrid
What a load.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
I can't help but think one of their ideas is totally balls.

Only updating packaged apps if used once.

Wtaf it's already the case that whenever I want to game I have to update shit first , despite auto updates ,wtaf?!.

Now even fÂŁ#@&#@ paint might need to update before I convert evidence into TPU fact.

Great.

And err securily, securily to the dance floor please someone's passed out.

Zero trust from user or from Microsoft (Microsoft have had little trust from many users since/from win 10)
Yeah...

Zero trust but we somehow have to trust OEM/ODM and their supply chain, as well as Microsoft too, that they won't embedd any backdoors or intentional weaknesses (*cough* XTS *cough*), or simply skipping most of the security during the design phase?

Zero trust in the sense @dorsetknob meant it.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
I wonder if can have an offline account???

Yeah...

Zero trust but we somehow have to trust OEM/ODM and their supply chain, as well as Microsoft too, that they won't embedd any backdoors or intentional weaknesses (*cough* XTS *cough*), or simply skipping most of the security during the design phase?

Zero trust in the sense @dorsetknob meant it.

Yeah, Lenovo already pulled that shit several years ago, and because there is very little Encrypted communication between system and input devices enforced by the TPM module, it wouldn't be very hard for them to continue this sort of Spyware data collection!

To me, Windows 11's TPM Module with a universally-identifiable number makes this thing just as bad as buying any of the pre-hacked systems, or an Xbot

Last edited:

ARF

They will have to jump either they like it or not. Because that Big little setup gives a huge marketing advantage to Intel.
It can advertise the same number of cores as top AMD models, knowing that 90% of consumers will never know the difference.
Can advertise top performance, based on the big cores.
Can advertise exceptional efficiency, based on little cores.

AMD can't touch that with only big cores. It will be winning in some heavily multithreaded benchmarks, but it will be losing in both efficiency and performance.
Because it's easy to write an article where the author will be pointing at the fact that the PC usually runs idle or at lower loads. Measuring total power consumption at a period of time, Intel CPUs will be ending up cheaper on the power bill. It's also easy to test some games or apps or run some single threaded benchmarks and show that Intel CPUs are faster. Intel still offers top IPC and top CPU frequencies, so AMD will have to do some magic, get a couple of years ahead of Intel just to come at parity. We have seen this in those last years.

I think this is nonsense. Please explain how will Alder Lake with only 24 threads on a broken 10 nm process be both faster and more efficient than the mighty 32-thread Ryzen 9 5950X, let alone the coming 3D V-cache Ryzen 6000?

Space Lynx

Astronaut
M$ dives into stuff they want you to know, not all the new hidden telemetry* should be the title.

Linux Mint to the moon boys!!!!! :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Processor i5-6600K
Motherboard Asus Z170A
Cooling some cheap Cooler Master Hyper 103 or similar
Memory 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Display(s) 2x Oldell 24" 1920x1200
Case Bitfenix Nova white windowless non-mesh
Audio Device(s) E-mu 1212m PCI
Power Supply Seasonic G-360
Mouse Logitech Marble trackball, never had a mouse
Keyboard Key Tronic KT2000, no Win key because 1994
Software Oldwin
If you had a choice, and could buy a CPU in an 8+8 or 10+0 configuration from the same manufacturer at the same price, which one would you choose?

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
The company tried to explain the steeper system requirements for Windows 11, and much of this has to do with the clean break to Intel 8th Gen Core and AMD Ryzen 2000 series (or later) processors. These are the first CPU microarchitectures with on-chip TPM 2.0 compatible security.
No, they aren't.

'X' Doubt
Dunno. Latest beta lets you.

Wow, they are outright lying about Intel 8th Generation and Ryzen 2000 being the first CPUs with integrated TPM 2.0, this is pretty ugly in terms of public relations.