• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CES Organizer Claims Chip Shortage, Not Covid is Keeping Exhibitors at Home

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
January 5th is when CES 2022 is set to kick off and we've already seen reports of several big brands cancelling their attendance, but according to the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) who are the organisers behind CES, it's not because of Covid, but rather due to the chip shortage. The fact that most countries have imposed travel restrictions and even gone into fairly strict lockdowns seems to have eluded the CTA as its CEO claims exhibitors aren't overly concerned about the virus.

Instead, the reasoning by the CTA CEO goes along the lines of the chip shortage causing issues with prototypes and product samples, so the companies that were planning to attend CES won't have any products to showcase. This seems like some very strange logic, since from what we've seen so far, prototypes and product samples don't seem to be a major concern. That said, the CTA is correct that logistics are going to be a nightmare this year, as shipping delays are not uncommon and are likely to cause bigger problems for the exhibitors this year than anything else. TPU is still expecting to be on location in Las Vegas for next year's show, unless something changes drastically in the next week and half.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
A typical case of ignorance is bliss attitude.

Part of it, anyway. Detachment from reality is what I see here - or just categoric denial.

I would highly recommend that no one attend this show unless you have triple vaccine shots and you are double masked. And even then its not a good idea.

Oh and the J&J shot doesn’t count as it provides ‘zero’ protection against Omicron.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v

Part of it, anyway. Detachment from reality is what I see here - or just categoric denial.
Well, the shipping issues are a real reason why some companies aren't attending, but yeah, the whole chip shortage excuse is just lame.
I guess the CTA doesn't want to scare away people, so they come up with a reason why so many companies won't be there...

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I would highly recommend that no one attend this show unless you have triple vaccine shots and you are double masked. And even then its not a good idea.

Oh and the J&J shot doesn’t count as it provides ‘zero’ protection against Omicron.

All vaccines still protect against serious complications / hospitalization.

Somehow that gets lost in translation, I'm not sure why, as if misery loves company or something.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
All vaccines still protect against serious complications / hospitalization.

Somehow that gets lost in translation, I'm not sure why, as if misery loves company or something.
I think the point is mainly that many vaccines don't provide protection from becoming infected with omicron, but has some level of efficacy when it comes to preventing severe illness. With that said though, contracting it means you can spread it, which is not ideal. Just wear a mask, get vaccinated, and don't be dumb.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
I think the point is mainly that many vaccines don't provide protection from becoming infected with omicron, but has some level of efficacy when it comes to preventing severe illness. With that said though, contracting it means you can spread it, which is not ideal. Just wear a mask, get vaccinated, and don't be dumb.
Too bad there are too many morons in the world that still refuse to get vaccinated and people that still think it's a hoax. Im not sure about other countries, but here in America (land of the free, home of the dumbasses) you cant get people to do what they need to do to help stop the spread of the virus. Too many people still think the vaccine is a trick to get you microchipped so the gov't can spy on you. Even though our cell phones, Google Home's, Alexa's, ISP, etc all track us.

Everything in this country is political and if it makes the politicians money, they would rather make money than help out the constituents.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
Too bad there are too many morons in the world that still refuse to get vaccinated and people that still think it's a hoax. Im not sure about other countries, but here in America (land of the free, home of the dumbasses) you cant get people to do what they need to do to help stop the spread of the virus. Too many people still think the vaccine is a trick to get you microchipped so the gov't can spy on you. Even though our cell phones, Google Home's, Alexa's, ISP, etc all track us.

Everything in this country is political and if it makes the politicians money, they would rather make money than help out the constituents.
Well, and this is just a theory, if you stopped using coronavirus as a political cudgel, stopped moving the goalposts on every topic related to it (2 weeks to flatten the curve, we mean 6 months to flatten the curve, we mean 2 years to flatten the curve, if you had just stayed home for 2 weeks we'd stop the virus, ece), stopped trying to make every new variant the next end of the world scenario (delta, delta plus, mu, now omicron, ece) and stopped treating anyone who has questions over the vaccine's safety or is oppositional to mandates as literal terrorists and retards, you MIGHT have a better time of it.

Perhaps, when people point out things like locked down blue states leading the charge on new deaths as opposed to those backwards hicks in red states, or countries like germany and israel leading the charge in new cases despite 90%+ vax rates, or that omicron deaths are nowhere NEAR previous variants, you shouldnt just throw them out as wrongthink. Maybe then people might be willing to listen to you and your suggestions, if you meet them halfway.

But hey, better to treat anyone who doesnt think like you as nazis and treat any defiance to the orders of the glorious government as stupidity rather then asking if the last 4 years of screeching by the media, government, and anyone with any sort of social influence may have created a massive trust issue.

Well, Omicron doesnt kill nearly as often as any previous variants. The African doctor that discovered it has stated repeatedly that omicron is less dangerous then previous strains. The CDC, at the end of their omicron report, says the same, albeit far away from the headline producing "maybe"s and "might"s that the media can pick up on. The vast majority that contract it have no worse symptoms then a common cold, and the immunity such an infection provides is superior to any vaccine. The UK is up to...what, 2 deaths, one of which was "with" covid, not "of" covid. The vast majority of deaths are either OG strain, MU, or delta plus, despite omicron now making up a majority of new cases.

The only denial I see is alarmists who want to continue shutting everything down forever over a cough, regardless of any facts concerning the lethality of said cough.

System Name Desktop PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5500
Motherboard MSI B450I Gaming Plus Max Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair Hydro X Series Custom Loop
Memory 32 (2x16) GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super FE
Storage 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD
Display(s) Vizio 1080p TV Screen (Temporary)
Case Fractal Design Define Nano S
Audio Device(s) Razer Kraken X Headset
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2 Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Razer Cynosa Lite Gaming Keyboard
VR HMD HTC Vive Cosmos
Software Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy: 8706 (Stock)
Well, and this is just a theory, if you stopped using coronavirus as a political cudgel, stopped moving the goalposts on every topic related to it (2 weeks to flatten the curve, we mean 6 months to flatten the curve, we mean 2 years to flatten the curve, if you had just stayed home for 2 weeks we'd stop the virus, ece), stopped trying to make every new variant the next end of the world scenario (delta, delta plus, mu, now omicron, ece) and stopped treating anyone who has questions over the vaccine's safety or is oppositional to mandates as literal terrorists and retards, you MIGHT have a better time of it.

Perhaps, when people point out things like locked down blue states leading the charge on new deaths as opposed to those backwards hicks in red states, or countries like germany and israel leading the charge in new cases despite 90%+ vax rates, or that omicron deaths are nowhere NEAR previous variants, you shouldnt just throw them out as wrongthink. Maybe then people might be willing to listen to you and your suggestions, if you meet them halfway.

But hey, better to treat anyone who doesnt think like you as nazis and treat any defiance to the orders of the glorious government as stupidity rather then asking if the last 4 years of screeching by the media, government, and anyone with any sort of social influence may have created a massive trust issue.

Well said!

It's a shame that you and I will still be called idiots, regardless...

Last edited:
System Name boomer--->zoomer not your typical millenial build
Processor i5-760 @ 3.8ghz + turbo ~goes wayyyyyyyyy fast cuz turboooooz~
Motherboard P55-GD80 ~best motherboard ever designed~
Cooling NH-D15 ~double stack thot twerk all day~
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP ~memory gone AWOL~
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 ~*~GOLDEN EDITION~*~ RAWRRRRRR
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo (OS X, *nix), 128GB Samsung 840 Pro (W10 Pro), 1TB SpinPoint F3 ~best in class
Display(s) ASUS VW246H ~best 24" you've seen *FULL HD* *1O80PP* *SLAPS*~
Case FT02-W ~the W stands for white but it's brushed aluminum except for the disgusting ODD bays; *cries*
Audio Device(s) A LOT
Power Supply 850W EVGA SuperNova G2 ~hot fire like champagne~
Mouse CM Spawn ~cmcz R c00l seth mcfarlane darawss~
Keyboard CM QF Rapid - Browns ~fastrrr kees for fstr teens~
Software integrated into the chassis
Benchmark Scores 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
The only denial I see is alarmists who want to continue shutting everything down forever over a cough, regardless of any facts concerning the lethality of said cough.
Off-topic: that’s kind of the problem though, isn’t it? More spread = new variants = more chances for evolution. Sure, omicron might not be as fatal as delta, but the more it spreads the more it evolves, and who knows what the next variant looks like.

On-topic: chicken and egg scenario

meta: :p

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64

Well, Omicron doesnt kill nearly as often as any previous variants. The African doctor that discovered it has stated repeatedly that omicron is less dangerous then previous strains. The CDC, at the end of their omicron report, says the same, albeit far away from the headline producing "maybe"s and "might"s that the media can pick up on. The vast majority that contract it have no worse symptoms then a common cold, and the immunity such an infection provides is superior to any vaccine. The UK is up to...what, 2 deaths, one of which was "with" covid, not "of" covid. The vast majority of deaths are either OG strain, MU, or delta plus, despite omicron now making up a majority of new cases.

Oh hang on there.

I completely agree that our current way of dealing with the pandemic isnt realistic. Its a problematic thing, acceptance of its existence and 'living with it'. But evolutionary, its inevitable we will have to. That said, we are too impatient. Cant expect the first wave of vaccination to be perfect yet. Its still the best tool we've got. The longer term projection is still acceptance of a certain death toll. But we also like control and security, those are at odds with one another.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670

See thats the problem with the US. It allows it's media to have free reign as it sees fit with 0 repercussions because they ALL have an agenda.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
That is a result of exhaustion, as that group has proven time and again that is decidedly not the case. Frankly, I don't feel anything but frustration and anger at that group for repeatedly prolonging this pandemic at the cost of hundreds of thousands of lives at this point. The time for acting reasonable sailed when you refused to do it in the first place.

Well said!

It's a shame that you and I will still be called idiots, regardless...
It's a shame you've earned at this point if you are still trying to minimize the hundreds of thousands of dead, and the potential for more, by refusing to help us end this with a reasonable request (getting vaccinated).

I've lost family members. I have far more right to be angry than most here.

Well said ^^

Last edited:
System Name Desktop PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5500
Motherboard MSI B450I Gaming Plus Max Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair Hydro X Series Custom Loop
Memory 32 (2x16) GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super FE
Storage 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD
Display(s) Vizio 1080p TV Screen (Temporary)
Case Fractal Design Define Nano S
Audio Device(s) Razer Kraken X Headset
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2 Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Razer Cynosa Lite Gaming Keyboard
VR HMD HTC Vive Cosmos
Software Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy: 8706 (Stock)
It's a shame you've earned at this point if you are still trying to minimize the hundreds of thousands of dead, and the potential for more, by refusing to help us end this with a reasonable request (getting vaccinated).

I've lost family members. I have far more right to be angry than most here.

Where did I say that I refuse to get vaccinated? I am vaccinated. I wear a mask. I believe that the pandemic is real and am doing all that I can to help things move along as nicely as possible. All I meant was that government and the media shouldn't rub it in our faces all the time...

Anyway, this thread is doomed. It should just be locked at this point...

Where did I say that I refuse to get vaccinated? I am vaccinated. I wear a mask. I believe that the pandemic is real and am doing all that I can to help things move along as nicely as possible. All I meant was that government and the media shouldn't rub it in our faces all the time...

<--- not vaccinated, don't wear a mask unless flying not to mention there are zero mask laws where I live. :)

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED

I was referring to the group you are aparently rushing to defend... I do appreciate you doing your part. Maybe I misunderstood.

System Name boomer--->zoomer not your typical millenial build
Processor i5-760 @ 3.8ghz + turbo ~goes wayyyyyyyyy fast cuz turboooooz~
Motherboard P55-GD80 ~best motherboard ever designed~
Cooling NH-D15 ~double stack thot twerk all day~
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP ~memory gone AWOL~
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 ~*~GOLDEN EDITION~*~ RAWRRRRRR
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo (OS X, *nix), 128GB Samsung 840 Pro (W10 Pro), 1TB SpinPoint F3 ~best in class
Display(s) ASUS VW246H ~best 24" you've seen *FULL HD* *1O80PP* *SLAPS*~
Case FT02-W ~the W stands for white but it's brushed aluminum except for the disgusting ODD bays; *cries*
Audio Device(s) A LOT
Power Supply 850W EVGA SuperNova G2 ~hot fire like champagne~
Mouse CM Spawn ~cmcz R c00l seth mcfarlane darawss~
Keyboard CM QF Rapid - Browns ~fastrrr kees for fstr teens~
Software integrated into the chassis
Benchmark Scores 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
The problem with calling a pandemic a “political cudgel” is that it only validates the people who are already convinced it’s a political cudgel and not an objective crisis. See post 16.

Alternative take from Wash. Po

“Out of an abundance of caution and care for our employees, we won’t be attending CES in person due to the evolving public health concerns related to covid-19,” said Meta spokesperson Kamran Mumtaz. The company plans to still participate virtually.

Amazon said late Tuesday it was pulling out of the in-person event. “The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Due to the quickly shifting situation and uncertainty around the omicron variant, we will no longer have an on-site presence at CES,” said spokesperson Sarah Sobolewski.

So at least some companies, such as Meta/Facebook, are refusing to go over the Omicron concern.

T-mobile has a webpage with their announcement (announced in the Wash. Po article but the direct link is more official than hearing it from a 3rd party source). The T-mobile site reads:

After careful consideration and discussion, T-Mobile has made the difficult decision to significantly limit our in-person participation at this year's Consumer Electronics Show. While we are confident that CES organizers are taking exhaustive measures to protect in-person attendees and we had many preventative practices in place as well, we are prioritizing the safety of our team and other attendees with this decision. T-Mobile will continue to serve as a CES sponsor and title sponsor of the DRL Championship Race but the vast majority of our team will not be traveling to Las Vegas. Additionally, T-Mobile CEO Mike Sievert will no longer be offering a keynote in-person or virtually. T-Mobile’s entire team looks forward to an in-person CES 2023, which we hope includes an on-stage keynote in front of a live audience. We extend our sincere thanks to the entire CES staff for their hard work during these challenging times.

---------

So.... Meta/Facebook, Amazon, and T-Mobile at least are all citing health concerns, maybe even Omicron directly. There's no government law against the convention. There's no lockdown protocol in Las Vegas either. This is 100% a personal decision that these companies are making.

I know some people want to use this thread to discuss their greater COVID19 worries, but... we've got the other thread for that. I'm trying to remain focused on the parts of COVID19 that are related to this story. The CES convention in particular.

In any case, the official word from these companies seems to suggest Omicron and/or COVID19 worries. I'm not sure if I've found any official discussion talking about the chip-shortage instead. Does anyone have a citation of some company that's staying out of CES due to the chip shortage?

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2

go jump in the lake, you trying to start a panic here?

See thats the problem with the US. It allows it's media to have free reign as it sees fit with 0 repercussions because they ALL have an agenda.
its not that they have free reign, more like no accountability. An agenda will always be there if there is politics behind it. The media hold a blantent disregard for the once respected job of being a journalist, which has been replace by a group of Useful Idiots that will say anything for $$$$, and consider it a chance at practicing their acting skills, anger-shock-dismay, extc.

--
In all fairness, I think those that bailed have nothing worth showing and that they just want something to blame to use as an excuse not to participate, all hail the pandemic and fear the chip shortage!:shadedshu::banghead:

Last edited:
System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
go jump in the lake, you trying to start a panic here?

its not that they have free reign, more like no accountability. An agenda will always be there if there is politics behind it. The media hold a blantent disregard for the once respected job of being a journalist, which has been replace by a group of Useful Idiots that will say anything for $$$$, and consider it a chance at practicing their acting skills, anger-shock-dismay, extc.

--
In all fairness, I think those that bailed have nothing worth showing and that they just want something to blame to use as an excuse not to participate, all hail the pandemic and fear the chip shortage!:shadedshu::banghead:

That or COVID. A lot of the companies/parties jumping ship e.g. Ford, GM, T-Mobile, Google, and several other software companies that are fairly insulated from the chip shortage which shouldn't prevent them from holding a presentation. Chip shortage would have held as an excuse if it strictly were those affected like harware companies or MS's XBOX division but EVERYONE is bailing. It seems like the only thing that was preventing them from doing so sooner was that they didn't want to be the first.

Last edited:
Chip shortage? You haven't seen a chip shortage. Wait 'till China takes Taiwan. Then you will see a chip shortage. Dark days indeed....

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
jump in the lake, you trying to start a panic here?
I don't know about panic, but I think we all could do with a little less apathy. Right now the concern level re covid seems about there with "where'd I put my socks? ah who cares I have more..." and that's prolonging things unneccesarily.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
All this talk about chips is making me hungry, I'm sure I have some crinkle cut chips in the pantry.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
All this talk about chips is making me hungry, I'm sure I have some crinkle cut chips in the pantry.
It's my birthday and thus my gut will now suffer accordingly. I'm blaming you.