• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Epson Introduces the EcoTank ET-2400 Inkjet Printer

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
Dedicated to deliver value and convenience for the ideal printing experience, Epson America, Inc., the global leader in refillable Supertank technology, announced today that it will be expanding its EcoTank line of cartridge-free printing solutions to include Epson's most affordable EcoTank model. The EcoTank ET-2400 All-in-One Supertank printer, exclusively sold through Target and Walmart this holiday season, is designed for easy, everyday home printing at a lower price point so families can worry less about running out of ink.

"As the holiday season falls upon us, it is a joyous time filled with beautiful memories to capture and hold for a lifetime," said Kao Mei, product manager, Consumer Inkjet, Epson America, Inc. "By providing families with an EcoTank solution that delivers hassle-free printing at a lower, more affordable price point, we're opening up new opportunities for families to discover a new type of printing experience - all from the comfort of the home."

Enjoy Stress-Free Printing
The EcoTank ET-2400 allows users to save up to 90 percent on ink with replacement ink bottles vs. ink cartridges - enough to print thousands of pages and equivalent to about 90 individual ink cartridges. Designed for stress-free printing, it comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box and users can easily refill the high-capacity ink tanks worry-free with affordable replacement EcoFit ink bottles for zero cartridge waste. The ET-2400 leverages unique Micro Piezo Heat Free technology to produce sharp text, impressive color photos and graphics on virtually any paper type, and comes with a built-in flatbed scanner and copier for easy document management. It also includes a variety of connectivity options such as wireless and hands-free voice-activated printing.

Experience the Creative and Convenient Epson Smart Panel App
Easily print from your smart device with the intuitive Epson Smart Panel app, an innovative interface designed to transform iOS or Android mobile devices into an intuitive control center. Built into one convenient app, Epson Smart Panel makes it easy to set up, monitor, print, scan, order supplies, access troubleshooting tips, and more. Create holiday wrapping gift bags, a mini card pocket to stick to paper bags, notebooks, and more with a personalized message card, and dress up your envelopes with colorful design paper to gift to loved ones - all conveniently from home.

Pricing, Availability and Support
The limited edition EcoTank ET-2400 ($249 MSRP) will be available exclusively through Walmart and Target. It includes a worry-free 2-year limited warranty with registration, including full unit replacement. For more information regarding the new solution, visit https://epson.com/ecotank-ink-tank-printers.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory 32gb 6000 CL 30-36-36-76
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) HD58X, Asgard 2, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
This is really cool actually. As someone who only prints very rarely, I could probably make the 2 year ink bottles last 4 or even 5.

This might be worth it for someone like me, I don't understand why they would sell it as a limited edition though...

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
The tank style printers do sound good and apparently are economical. However, much like you, I rarely need to print but sometimes have sporadic need to print. When the need arises it isn’t optional and that is when some aspect of an inject would fail (dried ink). Cleaning the print heads will only get you so far. Ink is ink and I don’t expect ink to act differently regardless of if it’s in an ink cartridge or a refillable tank. So for my print needs I’ve switched to laser printers which are very economical per page too and the ink will never clog because there is no ink. I now have an all-in-one Brother MFC-L6800DW and it’s awesome.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
So for my print needs I’ve switched to laser printers which are very economical per page too and the ink will never clog because there is no ink. I now have an all-in-one Brother MFC-L6800DW and it’s awesome.
^^THIS^^

I switched to a MFC-L3710CW 3 yrs ago and love it (cause I sometimes need color printing & occasional faxing), but the point stands :D

The limited edition thing is probably just a test to see how it will sell, which at those 2 retailers, should not be a problem, but I think they will add Staplez/Office Despot to that list later on....

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
The limited edition EcoTank ET-2400 ($249 MSRP) will be available exclusively through Walmart and Target.
Ink/replacement color cartridges will cost $300 each refill. :D

Processor i5-6600K
Motherboard Asus Z170A
Cooling some cheap Cooler Master Hyper 103 or similar
Memory 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Display(s) 2x Oldell 24" 1920x1200
Case Bitfenix Nova white windowless non-mesh
Audio Device(s) E-mu 1212m PCI
Power Supply Seasonic G-360
Mouse Logitech Marble trackball, never had a mouse
Keyboard Key Tronic KT2000, no Win key because 1994
Software Oldwin
The tank style printers do sound good and apparently are economical. However, much like you, I rarely need to print but sometimes have sporadic need to print. When the need arises it isn’t optional and that is when some aspect of an inject would fail (dried ink). Cleaning the print heads will only get you so far. Ink is ink and I don’t expect ink to act differently regardless of if it’s in an ink cartridge or a refillable tank.
True. Words like "Ecotank" and "Supertank" don't make me confident that a printer is particularly well suited for occasional printing.

There's a simple solution to drying. An inkjet printer should wake up by itself if it hasn't been used for a month, and start making noise until you feed it a sheet of paper. So the heads wouldn't dry out. But the Epsons of this world will never implement that.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
seen and repaired many of these. They will typically gunk up and require cleaning. As they get internal blockages that the typical cleaning process won't eliminate. Seen it many times. If they are used regularly they seem to be reliable but for sporadic printing... not so much.

The tank style printers do sound good and apparently are economical. However, much like you, I rarely need to print but sometimes have sporadic need to print. When the need arises it isn’t optional and that is when some aspect of an inject would fail (dried ink). Cleaning the print heads will only get you so far. Ink is ink and I don’t expect ink to act differently regardless of if it’s in an ink cartridge or a refillable tank. So for my print needs I’ve switched to laser printers which are very economical per page too and the ink will never clog because there is no ink. I now have an all-in-one Brother MFC-L6800DW and it’s awesome.

I switched to either print at the office or closest shopping center. After getting screwed many times when I counted on printing at home I just gave up and plan to have to print stuff out from the start.

I barely even use the scanner either since office lens is working so well

The limited edition thing is probably just a test to see how it will sell, which at those 2 retailers, should not be a problem, but I think they will add Staplez/Office Despot to that list later on....

It's not their first printer with this fillable "ecotank" thing, the press release is a bit all over the place, first it says it's expanding the ecotank to more budget models but this is an expensive 250$ printer so what's up with that?

Here are 2 printers cheaper than this model

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
This is really cool actually. As someone who only prints very rarely, I could probably make the 2 year ink bottles last 4 or even 5.

This might be worth it for someone like me, I don't understand why they would sell it as a limited edition though...
And when the ink dries out in the print head then what
if cleaning the print head doesn't work you've just wasted a whole ton of money and ink if you only print irregularly and don't need colour or do you'd be much better of using a laser printer

And when the ink dries out in the print head then what
if cleaning the print head doesn't work you've just wasted a whole ton of money and ink if you only print irregularly and don't need colour or do you'd be much better of using a laser printer

Just go out and pay less than 5 cents a page, if you print irregularly the cost of the printer is not worth it.