• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Star Trek: Infinite Beams onto PC & Mac October 12

T0@st

News Editor
Staff member
Paradox Interactive and Nimble Giant Entertainment have announced that their upcoming grand strategy game Star Trek: Infinite, under license from Paramount Consumer Products, will launch on Mac and PC on October 12, 2023. Players can now pre-order either the base game or Digital Deluxe Edition, granting them access to bonuses like skins, ships, and special voiceover. Star Trek: Infinite takes players on an interstellar saga with its emergent gameplay and complex choices, as they face the powers of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants.

More News on the Horizon!
Starting next week, we—Nimble Giant Entertainment—will be publishing the first in a series of Developer Diaries that will dig deeper into the game and its development journey, so be sure to come back for those. With this week's news, we will also be opening up our Discord server, which you can join through the URL below. Our announcements are great for anyone who has been hungry for news about Star Trek: Infinite, because we bring you our gameplay features trailer, a load of new screenshots that are live on the store page, and have now opened up pre-purchasing, allowing you to unlock bonus content on release.

Star Trek: Infinite features deep strategic gameplay that allows you to create your own Star Trek story. Faction-specific mission trees, missions for minor nations, espionage, and a wide array of interfaces that put you in direct control of your chosen faction.

Players who pre-order Star Trek: Infinite will receive the following bonuses:
  • Star Trek: Lower Decks uniform options
  • The U.S.S. Cerritos, a science ship with special options for minor nations (Second Contact)
  • A Klingon advisor voice line, "Qapla"
  • The Digital Deluxe Edition (DDE) of the game includes a digital artbook, the game soundtrack, and an in-game music pack featuring iconic compositions from across Star Trek's illustrious legacy.

Beginning decades before the Star Trek: The Next Generation era, Star Trek__: Infinite grants players the power to shape the galaxy's destiny as a faction of their choice. The immersive grand strategy game puts players in the captain's chair to lead one of four unique Quadrant Powers: The United Federation of Planets, Romulan Star Empire, Cardassian Union, or Klingon Empire. While remaining faithful to Star Trek lore, Star Trek: Infinite introduces fresh avenues for adventure as players can explore the Alpha and Beta quadrants, govern empire dynamics, handle economic intricacies, and engage with undiscovered civilizations.

Join the Discussion on the Star Trek: Infinite Discord

Follow us on social media:

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard MSI MPG Z790I Edge WiFi Gaming
Cooling be quiet! Pure Loop 240mm
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 (G95SC)
Case LANCOOL 205M MESH Snow
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on schitt Modi+ & Valhalla 2
Power Supply ASUS ROG Loki SFX-L 1000W
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software openSUSE Tumbleweed
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Womp womp I get it TNG was great; no arguments but man am I tired of that timeline

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Oh wow, can you get an even more shameless Stellaris reskin or what

Its near identical lol
We can already mod this...

True. Despite the setting and game type appealing to me, I'll be passing on this.

That said, I'll give them a little bit of credit. I see no evidence of those disgusting space-highways that have infected space 4x games in recent years.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Beginning decades before the Star Trek: The Next Generation era
REALLY, cause everything/everyone in those pics sure look like it's from the DS9/TNG era.. granted it might intro a few new characters/ships/species here & there, but still, it just seems like yet anutha rehash of the same ole same same :(

And yea, I get that Paramourgue is always lookin to milk that cash cow every which way from sunday, be hey, howz about some gamz from the Picard or SNW timelines ????

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
Looks to be an updated version of the older "Starfleet Command" series (This series - Star Trek: Starfleet Command - Wikipedia) such as "SFC - Empires at war" or "SFC - Orion Pirates" of which I happen to have both here, along with the depicted version shown in the wiki link too - And yes, they even make a verison of it for the TNG gen (SFC 3) as well which wasn't a bad game in itself.

The "Cerritos" eh?
Looks like some of you are going to get "Boim'ed"......

PCL

Pitching a digital deluxe edition and pre-ordering before actually talking about the game? Hard pass.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory T-Create 32gb 6000 CL 30-36-36-36
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) HD58X, Asgard 2, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W

Its near identical lol
We can already mod this...

yeah that was what came to my mind as well as soon as I looked at the image. it's not just a stellaris reskin, its a bad one. doesn't look near as polished as stellaris at all and I can tell that from a single screenshot, pretty sad. milking that star trek name is all they doing heh

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
This is the first time I have typed Jean-Luc Picard.

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Womp womp I get it TNG was great; no arguments but man am I tired of that timeline
That was the best timeline ever. I'll never get tired of it. Although, I'm getting tired of TGN being butchered by alternate timelines and events (looking at you, ST: Picard).

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
REALLY, cause everything/everyone in those pics sure look like it's from the DS9/TNG era.. granted it might intro a few new characters/ships/species here & there, but still, it just seems like yet anutha rehash of the same ole same same :(

And yea, I get that Paramourgue is always lookin to milk that cash cow every which way from sunday, be hey, howz about some gamz from the Picard or SNW timelines ????
When they stop insulting the intelligence of the audience and stop attacking the older characters, then maybe they'll be able to keep an audience large enough to support things like games. DS9/TNG are works loved by fans with worlds that can be expanded upon without having to constantly tell the story of the main work, like star wars used to have. Newer works like picard are hyperfocused on "deconstructing" old characters, tarnishing their legacies, and implying they are horrible people, while introducing new "strong" and "quirky" characters that we, the audience, are supposed to just latch onto because we are now told these are "good" people.

It's like asking why we dont get expansive RPGs set in The Last Jedi or racing games set in dreamwork's hit film Turbo. Where's my adventure game set in The Dial of Destiny? These newer products are cynical, hypocritical garbage, and the large legacy fanbase with most of the money fundamentally dislike them, and wont bankroll projects featuring them.

Last edited:
System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
When they stop insulting the intelligence of the audience and stop attacking the older characters, then maybe they'll be able to keep an audience large enough to support things like games. DS9/TNG are works loved by fans with worlds that can be expanded upon without having to constantly tell the story of the main work, like star wars used to have. Newer works like picard are hyperfocused on "deconstructing" old characters, tarnishing their legacies, and implying they are horrible people, while introducing new "strong" and "quirky" characters that we, the audience, are supposed to just latch onto because we are now told these are "good" people.

It's like asking why we dont get expansive RPGs set in The Last Jedi or racing games set in dreamwork's hit film Turbo. Where's my adventure game set in The Dial of Destiny? These newer products are cynical, hypocritical garbage, and the large legacy fanbase with most of the money fundamentally dislike them, and wont bankroll projects featuring them.
We're supposed to identify with the new, strong and quirky characters, because the studio assumes that's who we are. But we're not strong or quirky. We're flawed and human, just like old characters used to be. We used to admire these old characters because through adversity, they managed to overcome their flaws and evolve into better human beings. New characters don't evolve because they never face any adversity, and that makes them unrelatable and unlikeable, and their stories ultimately boring and dumb.

Safe space culture is destroying the entertainment industry. The best stories are about life, but life is not a safe space. Never has been, never will be.

Edit: I recommend this for some food for thought (completely related to Star Trek):

Last edited:
System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
I love how what is a deep Stellaris conversation has been made into a standalone game.
Well fans will probably love it, but for the rest this imho looks like a meh.

System Name Sleepy Painter
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus TuF Gaming X570-PLUS/WIFI
Cooling FSP Windale 6 - Passive
Memory 2x16GB F4-3600C16-16GVKC @ 16-19-21-36-58-1T
Video Card(s) MSI RX580 8GB
Storage 2x Samsung PM963 960GB nVME RAID0, Crucial BX500 1TB SATA, WD Blue 3D 2TB SATA
Display(s) Microboard 32" Curved 1080P 144hz VA w/ Freesync
Case NZXT Gamma Classic Black
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1
Power Supply Rosewill 1KW on 240V@60hz
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legend
Keyboard Red Dragon K552
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC 1809 17763.1757
Looks to be an updated version of the older "Starfleet Command" series (This series - Star Trek: Starfleet Command - Wikipedia) such as "SFC - Empires at war" or "SFC - Orion Pirates" of which I happen to have both here, along with the depicted version shown in the wiki link too - And yes, they even make a verison of it for the TNG gen (SFC 3) as well which wasn't a bad game in itself.

The "Cerritos" eh?
Looks like some of you are going to get "Boim'ed"......
Just fired up ST:SFC the other day on my VIA C7 + FX 5500. Didn't play for more than a few minutes, but it ran well.

Of note:
"Starfleet (Command) Universe" is its own quasi-canon quasi-separate universe. IIRC, it's descended from the earliest Star Trek TOS table top games, and has some divergent lore.
Example: I love me some Kzinti, errr... I mean "Lyrans"
The Kzinti were incorporated into the Star Fleet Universe where they control a powerful empire known as the Kzinti Hegemony, mortal enemies of that universe's Lyran Star Empire. It is alluded that the Kzinti and Lyrans share common ancestry, a claim both sides violently reject.

Also, ST:SFC3 was the first game I ever 'modded', myself.
The weapons names and damage/effects tables were editable in Notepad. Needless to say, silly me was overpowering the starter weapons and trying to 1v1 Cubes.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
Just fired up ST:SFC the other day on my VIA C7 + FX 5500. Didn't play for more than a few minutes, but it ran well.

Of note:
"Starfleet (Command) Universe" is its own quasi-canon quasi-separate universe. IIRC, it's descended from the earliest Star Trek TOS table top games, and has some divergent lore.
Example: I love me some Kzinti, errr... I mean "Lyrans"
Yes - It's basically an adaptation of a table top/board game to PC, based on TOS.