• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Is Intel going to deliver a processor/chipset worth waiting for?

Processor Intel i5 8400
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M-Plus/CSM
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken & Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Memory 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Display(s) Samsung UN55KU6300F
Case Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Software W11 Pro
The quote below prodded me back into considering the always uncertain decision to await the next great thing.

I think people should wait for this later this year, considering the CEO is "betting the entire company on it" 2nm node is going to change a lot of performance charts I suspect, this is a Tock times two moment later this year I have a feeling and 1,8nm shortly after will be a tick, but a good tick

Betting he can pass his massive bonus and still inflating domestic foundry costs onto th.... World isn't getting any cooler and I doubt Intel processors and mobo's with their chipset are going to be anything short of stratospherically priced. Not much worth discussing to that end. ;)

The question once again is will Intel deliver a processor and chipset worth waiting for?

System Name Not a thread ripper but pretty good.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi (revision 1.06, BIOS/UEFI version P5.50)
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB 980 PRO 2TB Gen4x4 NVMe, 2 x Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus Gen3x4 NVMe, AMD Radeon RAMDisk
Display(s) 2 x 4K LG 27UL600-W (and HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount)
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black (original model)
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech M575
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Benchmark Scores Typical for non-overclocked CPU.
Of course they will just perhaps not this year.

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
Obviously they will, writing off a company of Intels caliber as completely incapable is silly. If AMD managed to pull through some really bad times when they were releasing straight trash in the CPU market, then Intel surely will bounce back.
Hell, not like their current offerings are awful. They might be somewhat inferior to AMDs in some regards, but still solid. We are a far cry from the absolute slaughter that was Bulldozer vs Sandy/Ivy.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory 32gb 6000 CL 30-36-36-76
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) HD58X, Asgard 2, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
The quote below prodded me back into considering the always uncertain decision to await the next great thing.

Betting he can pass his massive bonus and still inflating domestic foundry costs onto th.... World isn't getting any cooler and I doubt Intel processors and mobo's with their chipset are going to be anything short of stratospherically priced. Not much worth discussing to that end. ;)

The question once again is will Intel deliver a processor and chipset worth waiting for?

fair, but I have thought even since before Covid it was all going to come crashing down, yet it never does. Money makes the world go round. mobo's will arrive, cpu's will arrive, prices might rise a little, maybe $299 instead of $229 for a really decent midrange Mobo, but is 70 the end of the world? nah. we will keep truckin on.

and I think there is a difference between 12600k vs 13600k vs 14600k upgrade year over year vs what is coming, what is coming has been in the works for a very very long time. going to be some nice gains I think for AMD and Intel both.

Processor Intel i5 8400
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Software W11 Pro
Of course they will just perhaps not this year.

That is the meat of it. Sorely regretting holding off until 14th gen with some amount of expectation it would offer reasonable improvements in some desirable manner.

Obviously they will, writing off a company of Intels caliber as completely incapable is silly. If AMD managed to pull through some really bad times when they were releasing straight trash in the CPU market, then Intel surely will bounce back.
Hell, not like their current offerings are awful. They might be somewhat inferior to AMDs in some regards, but still solid. We are a far cry from the absolute slaughter that was Bulldozer vs Sandy/Ivy.

Though unlikely, business are made up of divisions that fall or see new birth. For instance, they could abandon ongoing development of GPU. Delayed consumer timeline in order to meet commercial and fiscal requirements is certainly the nearer possibility.

fair, but I have thought even since before Covid it was all going to come crashing down, yet it never does. Money makes the world go round. mobo's will arrive, cpu's will arrive, prices might rise a little, maybe $299 instead of $229 for a really decent midrange Mobo, but is 70 the end of the world? nah. we will keep truckin on.

Being upfront with cynicism - as it pairs with reality - was intended to push away at least some of the vitriolic Team chatter.

A great amount of doubt overwhelmingly exists any decline in pricing will appear. Fair to say everyone can agree on that.

and I think there is a difference between 12600k vs 13600k vs 14600k upgrade year over year vs what is coming, what is coming has been in the works for a very very long time. going to be some nice gains I think for AMD and Intel both.

Though I agreed in large with sentiment quoted in OP. Bit confused at this most recent statement. Gains across the PC industry are heavily trending towards being tough to assess. It is a tough question what we will see next even with being slightly geared towards optimism.

Last edited:
System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
it will come... but i think it might be a while... intel is also cashing in on the AI trend...
until that subsides.. we might not see that sandy bridge... surprise again..

This happens every single year. "The next thing is the best thing just you wait and see!"

Then it isn't. Then, instead of taking the reality check at face value, the chorus begins anew, "No but NEXT thing will be he best thing!"

We are running into the limits of physics. Intel is obfuscating the truth with their new process naming scheme by pretending that sweeping improvements are happening, but the truth is that we've been essentially stuck at a fixed scale for a few years now. A few tweaks to how things are printed at the lowest end of the scale to achieve higher precision across all layers have happened, and each of those tweaks is being treated as a new node. This is not like 20 years ago when the physical size of features was changing dramatically.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
That is the meat of it. Sorely regretting holding off until 14th gen with some amount of expectation it would offer reasonable improvements in some desirable manner.

Though unlikely, business are made up of divisions that fall or see new birth. For instance, they could abandon ongoing development of GPU. Delayed consumer timeline in order to meet commercial and fiscal requirements is certainly the nearer possibility.

Being upfront with cynicism - as it pairs with reality - was intended to push away at least some of the vitriolic Team chatter.

A great amount of doubt overwhelmingly exists any decline in pricing will appear. Fair to say everyone can agree on that.

Though I agreed in large with sentiment quoted in OP. Bit confused at this most recent statement. Gains across the PC industry are heavily trending towards being tough to assess. It is a tough question what we will see next even being slightly geared towards optimism.

if a 2nm node doesn't have really good improvements over the current 7nm node Intel uses (I think) then the industry is going to die overnight and the stocks will become penny stocks lol

System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Essential Mercury White
Keyboard Redragon Shiva Lunar White
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."

It's safe to disregard 14th Gen entirely if you're looking for a generational leap. The 14th Gen chips are not a new generation or kind of processor. They're completely unworthy of that title, the whole thing is set up like a scam. It's just Raptor Lake and have absolutely no physical changes despite their Refresh designation. Their internal model, processor revision and stepping are completely identical, they simply ship them with more aggressive clocks on certain SKUs, and introduced the black sheep configuration in the i7-14700K - a 3-cluster (12 E-core) configuration has always been possible but hadn't been released in 13th Gen to make sure that there was a large gap between the Core i7 and Core i9 lineups in MT.

This happens every single year. "The next thing is the best thing just you wait and see!"

Then it isn't. Then, instead of taking the reality check at face value, the chorus begins anew, "No but NEXT thing will be he best thing!"

We are running into the limits of physics. Intel is obfuscating the truth with their new process naming scheme by pretending that sweeping improvements are happening, but the truth is that we've been essentially stuck at a fixed scale for a few years now. A few tweaks to how things are printed at the lowest end of the scale to achieve higher precision across all layers have happened, and each of those tweaks is being treated as a new node. This is not like 20 years ago when the physical size of features was changing dramatically.

Sane evaluation, I agree. I think processors will begin to advance at a much slower pace, and while I feel GPUs haven't quite hit that limitation yet (largely thanks to Nvidia's brilliant engineering), I think that post-Blackwell, they just might. RDNA 3 has utterly failed to pull its weight relative to RDNA 2 across all segments and it shows on a card like the 7900 XTX.

We'll see. Ada did bring some amazing improvements over Ampere if you're strictly talking an ASIC by ASIC basis (eg. full GA102 as seen in 3090 Ti to a hypothetical full AD102 that NVIDIA still hasn't shipped in any segment to date), but the yields have clearly been a challenge and the cost has gotten so high that all gaming-grade SKUs have been upmarked with way lower class silicon (like 4060 using the very smallest AD107 chip) or using heavily cut-down silicon like the RTX 4090 and its lowest-end AD102 configuration, and even in the professional and high-margin AI segments, we haven't received fully enabled chips in most of the stack, with them being completely absent at the high end.

That boils down to FOMO. I think at this late stage, spending big bucks on a tricked out enthusiast grade LGA 1700 system is probably not a good idea. Arrow and the LGA 1851 platform will come within a year, this is no secret. However, if you get a decent deal and is building at any level other than flagship, I don't see why wait. Just buy your hardware and be happy.

Same goes for GPUs. If you are buying at the upper-midrange, like RTX 4070 Ti SUPER at most, go ahead and be happy. But I consider it not worth dropping 2k on a 4090 since the 5090 will come before the year's out. New and improved product lines are coming, and it's rare for Intel to release a fluke like the 14th Gen. These exist only to appease shareholders, they aren't new products and minimal effort has been made to conceal that fact: it's just marketed as new so investors don't pull out for failure to achieve.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB 980 PRO 2TB Gen4x4 NVMe, 2 x Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus Gen3x4 NVMe, AMD Radeon RAMDisk
Mouse Logitech M575
Why the regret?

Processor Intel i5 8400
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Software W11 Pro

There is a case to be made for some advancement at cost of holding back easily incorporated elements across the most recent gens. Historical displacement of Super designated Nvidia GPU by the next release should by rights have a processor capable of pairing with it. Processor moving from +300w OC to sub-150w would be one tactic for establishing parity. Likewise a drastic reduction in wasted energy as heat.

LOL, my problem is holding out too long because I know how many next big things need to be cycled through before you reach the moment a new plateau forms. Had I chose better within 8th gen things might not look as dire for gaming purposes. 8400 and H370 otherwise remains a great low heat and low power pairing that suggests longevity up there with i5-2400 builds.

Why the regret?

There was at least a small chance LGA 1700 would see one more product cycle bringing a sizable movement above 13th gen. Not expected, quietly watching for it to develop.

Over ripe fruit and mud weren't in demand before true specs were verified. No time was wasted once they were.

if a 2nm node doesn't have really good improvements over the current 7nm node Intel uses (I think)

Don't drink the marketing kool-aid. 20A isn't 2nm. It's a rebrand of what Intel used to call 5nm on their roadmap, and that 5nm wasn't actually 5nm but is instead a target density using new RibbonFET transistors. The 20A branding is Intel trying to spotlight that their 5nm RibbonFET transistor layout with PowerVIA will be equivalent to the competition's "2nm" nodes, which are also not 2nm but various tweaks of 5nm EUV now called 4nm.

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
Magic 8Balls says keep dreaming.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Cooling MSI C360 AIO

Interest Reaction GIF

System Name Night Rider | Mini LAN PC | Workhorse
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D | Ryzen 1600X | i7 970
Motherboard MSi AM4 Pro Carbon | GA- | Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Cooling Noctua U9S Twin Fan| Stock Cooler, Copper Core)| Big shairkan B
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws 3600MHz| 2x8GB Corsair 3000 | 6x2GB DDR3 1300 Corsair
Video Card(s) MSI AMD 6750XT | 6500XT | MSI RX 580 8GB
Storage 1TB WD Black NVME / 250GB SSD /2TB WD Black | 500GB SSD WD, 2x1TB, 1x750 | WD 500 SSD/Seagate 320
Display(s) LG 27" 1440P| Samsung 20" S20C300L/DELL 15" | 22" DELL/19"DELL
Case LIAN LI PC-18 | Mini ATX Case (custom) | Atrix C4 9001
Audio Device(s) Onboard | Onbaord | Onboard
Power Supply Silverstone 850 | Silverstone Mini 450W | Corsair CX-750
Mouse Coolermaster Pro | Rapoo V900 | Gigabyte 6850X
Keyboard MAX Keyboard Nighthawk X8 | Creative Fatal1ty eluminx | Some POS Logitech
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 7 Pro 64/Windows 10 Home
As intel said themselves it will be awhile as AMD momentum is to strong to compete properly. maybe 3-5yrs from now they might have something thats competitive? and I dont mean just on out right speed, but heat and energy officiant as well, not a blazing melting waste of Sand that needs 50% more cores to compete.

Processor E5-2690 v4
Motherboard VEINEDA X99
Video Card(s) 2080 Ti WINDFROCE OC
Storage NE-512 KingSpec
Display(s) G27Q
Case DAOTECH X9
Power Supply SF450
Arrow lake is said to ditch the hyper threads and still provide the usual gen to gen improvement of 5%. 2nm probably means a lot less power and lower voltage compared to 7nm, worth the wait.

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
I don't think anyone knows the answer to the question, but generally speaking, I never recommend waiting for the next thing. If you need a PC now, you need it now. Otherwise, you could be waiting forever. Not to mention there's teething issues with any new platform. Many people don't have the patience for such things.

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Audio Device(s) KEF LSX II LT speakers + KEF KC62 Subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
Well let see if Intel can slap a boat load of cache on their next gen CPUs ;)

System Name G-Station 1.17 FINAL
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi
Cooling DeepCool AK620 Digital
Memory Asgard Bragi DDR4-3600CL14 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX
Storage 240GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB Asgard AN2, 2TB Hiksemi FUTURE-LITE, 320GB+1TB 7200RPM HDD
Display(s) Samsung 34" Odyssey OLED G8
Case Thermaltake Level 20 MT
Audio Device(s) Astro A40 TR + MixAmp
Power Supply Cougar GEX X2 1000W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite (Red)
Software Windows 11 Pro
Well let see if Intel can slap a boat load of cache on their next gen CPUs ;)
In absolute numbers, they quite already do. Every E-core cluster packs it's own cache inflating the numbers the higher the tier.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
I don't think anyone knows the answer to the question, but generally speaking, I never recommend waiting for the next thing. If you need a PC now, you need it now. Otherwise, you could be waiting forever. Not to mention there's teething issues with any new platform. Many people don't have the patience for such things.

This is also how I buy my hardware, when/if I need something then I go ahead and buy it and call it a day.
I mean sure I might wait a little if I know what exactly is coming and when and its 100% good for me 'like in the case of my 12100F in 2022 february' but otherwise nope I will just buy whats on the market at the time of my need.

Processor E5-2690 v4
Motherboard VEINEDA X99
Video Card(s) 2080 Ti WINDFROCE OC
Storage NE-512 KingSpec
Display(s) G27Q
Case DAOTECH X9
Power Supply SF450
Probably not. You can use the existing ones with lower power target.
If it can do 5.5Ghz at same power that is still 1Ghz more. pretty good.
Im still not convinced that intel has a working 20A, or simply pulls a Bartlett lake 12 core and calls it a day.
the best part is if the "F" CPU arives without a GPU tile. So we don't overpay for something useless that just sits there.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MT/s CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
And these CPU's will be without hyper-threading so those P-cores must be good ones...

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
We'll see. Ada did bring some amazing improvements over Ampere if you're strictly talking an ASIC by ASIC basis (eg. full GA102 as seen in 3090 Ti to a hypothetical full AD102 that NVIDIA still hasn't shipped in any segment to date), but the yields have clearly been a challenge and the cost has gotten so high that all gaming-grade SKUs have been upmarked with way lower class silicon (like 4060 using the very smallest AD107 chip) or using heavily cut-down silicon like the RTX 4090 and its lowest-end AD102 configuration, and even in the professional and high-margin AI segments, we haven't received fully enabled chips in most of the stack, with them being completely absent at the high end.
Hey. Hey. Let's be reasonable. The 4090 is no longer the most bottom of the barrel silicon. NV has cut it down even further for the RTX 5000, RTX 5880 and 4090D. So, you know, bright side and all.

Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Mouse Logitech M575
Waiting forever happens to be very budget friendly. As much as I wanted a 7950x I suspect waiting for the 9950x will be well worth it in terms of refined 2nd gen AM5 boards and CPU's.