• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Planning to Outsource CPU Production to TSMC

longo213

Quite a debate here, about... well, not a big story. AMD allready outsourced lot of CPUs to Chartered, TSMC is another story - as is Fusion, which (based on what we know about it's concept and target area) is the reason why it does makes perfect sense to me to outsource it to company which has a great experience and yields with production of GPU/IGP and I/O chips for AMD.

System Name Monolith
Processor Intel Xeon E3110 Wolfdale@3.5GHz
Motherboard MSI P35-Neo
Cooling Active Air
Memory 4GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 3850 512MB PCI-E
Storage 1 x 80GB Internal, 1 x 250GB Internal, 1 x 40GB External
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Generic black case with locking front bezel
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply 500 Watt Seasonic M12
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
well i was already banned today because somebody reported me as a spamer after only seeing one of my posts in GN, had he looked at my post history first he would have seen that i had posted a bunch in news topics.......had the admin looked b4 hitting the spamer bann button he would have seen i wasnt a spambot....

If you've got a problem speak with a moderator in a PM. Don't clutter up the news section with "woe is me" drama.

Rebo&Zooty

If you've got a problem speak with a moderator in a PM. Don't clutter up the news section with "woe is me" drama.

already did, and it was more of an ironic post not a bitch or "woe is me" i dont know why you would try and start up a fight/arguement over a comment simply pointing out that i already got slaped by mistake ones.....

you read it as "woe is me" i ment it more as "meh shit happens" and "people should do a little research befor them make statements"(or in this case report somebody as a spambot)

i would take this to privat, but i really think as a mod IF you had a comment like this to make to me or anybody, you should have taken you own advice and taken it to PM's insted of "stiring the pot"

not attacking you mind, just pointing out that nobody was getting all bent over it, not even more, w1zzard insta banned me after getting a spam report, then after he got my email he reverced it and eventuly got most of my posts back, again SHIT HAPPENS.

meh, this is way off topic and off the line the thred was on, so maby you or another mod should just delete the offending off topic posts?

Rebo&Zooty

and now for some hummor to defuse any "hurt feelings"

“Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help! I'm being repressed!”

monty python quotes FTW ;)

oh another of my favorites that kinda fits this line

“I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!”

Morgoth

Fueled by Sapphire
System Name Wopr "War Operation Plan Response"
Processor 5900x ryzen 9 12 cores 24 threads
Motherboard aorus x570 pro
Cooling air (GPU Liquid graphene) rad outside case mounted 120mm 68mm thick
Memory kingston 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ecc 2x16gb
Video Card(s) sapphire RX 6950 xt Nitro+ 16gb
Storage 300gb hdd OS backup. Crucial 500gb ssd OS. 6tb raid 1 hdd. 1.8tb pci-e nytro warp drive LSI
Display(s) AOC display 1080p
Case SilverStone SST-CS380 V2
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 850MX watt
Mouse corsair gaming mouse
Keyboard Microsoft brand
Software Windows 10 pro 64bit, Luxion Keyshot 7, fusion 360, steam
Benchmark Scores timespy 19 104
^ amd fan boy -> drama boy

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Quite a debate here, about... well, not a big story. AMD allready outsourced lot of CPUs to Chartered, TSMC is another story - as is Fusion, which (based on what we know about it's concept and target area) is the reason why it does makes perfect sense to me to outsource it to company which has a great experience and yields with production of GPU/IGP and I/O chips for AMD.

I agree, that's a good explanation, that since TSMC manufactures Radeon, they could make it manufacture Fusion as well, since Fusion is a CPU + GPU.