• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.
FreedomEclipse
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Heatware System Specs About

• Replacement laptop arrived after they sent me one out with a half busted keyboard. Hopefully this will be better.
    FreedomEclipse
    FreedomEclipse
    Not bad for a laptop that came out in 2018

1713130369529.png
    FreedomEclipse
    FreedomEclipse
    The first laptop I received was completely munted compared to the second one I received back earlier today. banged up keyboard, warped/bent chassis around the trackpad area. Very loose USB ports. Rubber feet all completely ripped/torn off. This new one has one ding and a few scratches but is completely sound other than that.
    FreedomEclipse
    FreedomEclipse
    Well, second laptop is also farked. Big sad. Keeps randomly wanting to delete my files even when i safe mode.
    Onasi
    Onasi
    Antennas are important, this is a bad case for a standalone router. Need to swap to a mesh system so that the cat can knock those off shelves and counters.
    (this whole post is tongue in cheek, obviously)
    R-T-B
    R-T-B
    And host all your important files on a SFF on a shelf, so the kitty can uh...

I've said too much. Kitty is watching.
    Samsung 970 Evo from 2018.... Time to replace?
    stinger608
    stinger608
    Run CrystalDiskInfo and see what it says.

If it's still doing okay, then I wouldn't worry a lot about it.

I'd still have a backup of the disk though
    FreedomEclipse
    FreedomEclipse
    Still doing good. 94% health.
    stinger608
    stinger608
    Oh hell, that's dang good man!!!

I wouldn't worry about it at this point.

But, as I said, I'd do a complete backup. If nothing else than peace of mind.
    A German tourist is driving through Poland when he reaches a routine highway checkpoint.

The police officer asks, "Where are you traveling from?"

The man says, "Berlin, sir."

The police officer asks, "Occupation?"

The man says, "No, no, just visiting."
    • Haha
    Reactions: MarsM4N
    MarsM4N
    MarsM4N
    Well, that's pretty zweideutig. :laugh: This one, too:

Has anyone who has owned a Dell Latitude 5400 care to take a moment to rate how good it is? eyeing up a deal on a good used one.
    FreedomEclipse
    FreedomEclipse
    I think some giga boards can still be made to beep pretty loudly on boot. I know my dad's machine which is an old H85M board does that. Never bothered trying to turn it off. his machine is as silent as they come in general as there is nothing in there that makes a whole lot of noise.
    Veseleil
    Veseleil
    Small speaker still comes with majority of the motherboards. As an accessory.
    FreedomEclipse
    FreedomEclipse
    Some still have the little buzzers but a lot dont and the speakers come with the case and not all cases have them.
    Ever suffer a sudden brain fart and cannot remember the password to your laptop even though you used it less than three days ago??
    Quick question. Corsair powersupply from 2016/2017 - Time to retire it?
    Reactions: jdbarter
    Tatty_Two
    Tatty_Two
    Yeah, I usually get my PSU's from AWD-IT as they tend to have some sensible prices, the RMx 750 comes in at just under 100, the 850 at 129.99 Kings sterling.
    FreedomEclipse
    FreedomEclipse
    I've bought stuff from AWD-IT before. Will have a look at their site later and see what they are like with parts availability and prices. I'd like to source everything from one place if I can instead of having it all spread out.
    cst1992
    cst1992
    IIRC Seasonic makes the Corsair AX series power supplies. Their build quality is solid. I have a proper Seasonic in my system (using from Feb 2016) and it's running smoothly. I wouldn't be surprised if it runs for the duration of my new build too, which I am planning to run till ~2030.
    Probably a stupid question. I have an Netgear R7000 AC1900. Would it make sense to upgrading to an TP-Link Archer AX1800?
    Well. Not the best experience with the ASM1061 addin card. Barely scratched 400mb/s on an BX500. I may need to return it for its bigger (and more expensive) brother. To Be Continued.
    FreedomEclipse
    FreedomEclipse
    On a side note since it only cost me $17 anyway and data the BX500s arent mission critical. I might just stick with it. I dont think going to a X4 PCIe interface is going to be worth the extra cost. I do need longer sata cables though.
    Whats the best Mid-high end or bang for buck board for Zen 4 these days?
    B
    basco
    i don´t have them but from everything i read the msi one´s matured the best
    and i was not a fan from them back in socket 775 days
    what's it called credit where credit is due

not to forget asrock but ya know if you need better audio chip or better m2 support is up to you
    FreedomEclipse
    FreedomEclipse
    Well I made a mistake anyway. Im supposed to be looking at AM5 stuff. My upgrade cycle is pretty much non-existent these days as im not much of a gamer as I used to be since the Industry is the way it is. Despite that, it makes sense that I jump on the AM5 bandwagon with things liked DDR5 to give me an upgrade path if i choose to in the future. Although the AM4 platform is super mature and DDR4 is cheaper.
    FreedomEclipse
    FreedomEclipse
    It doesnt make much sense to me going AM4 but I still might find a good deal on a pre-owned system that would keep me entertained.
    Reactions: basco
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…