• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

1156 foxconn socket/what I have just discovered

System Name The wifes worst enemy
Processor i5-9600k
Motherboard Asrock z390 phantom gaming 4
Cooling water
Memory 16gb G.skill ripjaw DDR4 2400 4X4GB 15-15-15-35-2T
Video Card(s) Asrock 5600xt phantom gaming 6gb 14gb/s
Storage crucial M500 120GB SSD, Pny 256GB SSD, seagate 750GB, seagate 2TB HDD, WD blue 1TB 2.5" HDD
Display(s) 27 inch samsung @ 1080p but capable of much more ;)
Case Corsair AIR 540 Cube Mid tower
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply EVGA GQ1000W MODULAR
Mouse generic for now
Keyboard generic for now
Software gotta love steam, origin etc etc
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/philbrown_23/
so since last year when I went 1156 I have owned 4 1156 mainboards all having the foxconn socket and or holdown plate. now I never had burning issues myself no matter how hard I benched, and I benched hard.

found:
all 4 boards had weird issues where to much mounting preassure would cause the mainboard to not recognize more then 1 stick of ram. ALSO on all 4 board I HAD to use a backplate or the board would warp, causing no post, bsods, OR only recognizing 1 stick of ram. this sounds like nothing but im talking the slightest bit of mounting preassure and boom this happens and only wy to fix it is take the cpu out and put it back in.

NOW I purchased a lotes hold down recently, as I finallay got pissed, on and the SAME maindboard (s) no more issues no matter backplate or not, no matter the mounting preassure I have yet to cause any of these issues, and the day before the hold down came in I was fighting with it all day!

I know its now kind of meaningless since 1155, but for those going 1155 make sure you get the lotes hold downs at least, though I'm not sure the new socket has the same issue