1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

2 Litres of coolan "green pref" in uk with anti corosive and anti fungal

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by Shambles1980, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Shambles1980

Thanks Received:
    ok.
    what i want to buy is One two litre bottle of green coolant i dont need it to be UV or anything like that just want it to be green. with anti corosive additives that they add for aluminium/copper/brass loop mixes (im all copper right now but i keep changing stuff in this loop as i get the cash)
    and anti fungle stuff..

i would go distilled + the additives. but 2 litres of distilled water for some reason is like £15 on-line?!?!
    cant find it locally. and buying 2 bottles of pre mixed coolant would be cheaper.

Right now i have modified my td03 aio (well i said i modified it the only thing left of it is the rad)
    i added a second 120 rad. a 2 bay res. a 600L/H 12v 12w pump. and a new block. (i couldnt strip the one on the tdo3 down far enough to clean it, and cant see inside it. so went with one i can stip down if needed and has accrylic top so i can see the channels and the little plate thing that helps chanel the water.

im pretty much done with the loop its self have 6mm>10mm straight connectors to take the tdo3 pipes from the rad to the rest of the loop. and a t junction 3x 10mm connector with a draining pipe coming off of it which is capped off..
    (im going to add a inline tap to that, and a flow meeter some where in the center of the loop.)
    any way apart from possibly drilling out the top of my case to add a 3rd 120 rad (really not needed) Thats all im going to be doing to it.
    so thought id snazz it up a bit with some green. (the wife likes green)

I was going to just get distilled water add the aditives + some dye (i really dont care about staining the block or pipes, so dont worry about that)
    but it seems doing it my self will cost MORE than buying it pre mixed..
    But i can only find 1leeter bottles.
    i know i can fill my res up with about a litre and 1/2 turn the pump on and it will fully prime the loop without geting the fluid level to a point where i need to turn the pump off and then i just need to add the other 1/2 a litre of fluid and let the air find its way out of the rads.

so any one know where i can get 2 litres of this stuff in 1 bottle preferably for less than it costs for 2 x 1 liter bottles . and in the uk.

and id like some that has like 2 years life span because i only intend to do maintenance every 12 months.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  2. Norton

Norton WCG-TPU Team Captain

Thanks Received:
    Distilled water is available at most (usually all) supermarkets and pharmacies. Cost is minimal for it.

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Shambles1980

Thanks Received:
    turns out de-ionized water is alot cheaper than distilled water here?? dont ask me why..
    so bought some of that instead. (its basically destilled water that goes through extra filtration. so i have no idea how its cheaper)

just got to find the dye now.

4. d1nky

Thanks Received:
    RCoon says thanks.
  5. Naito

Naito

Thanks Received:
    Not sure if joke, but it's spelled 'litres' in UK/Australian English or 'liters' in US English, not 'leeters'. I'm not trying to be a grammar freak or anything (as I'm not perfect), but 'leeters' was a bit extreme... :ohwell:

CounterZeus and RCoon say thanks.
  6. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Bullet Dodging Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Corrected, only because it was bugging me..... it's a Monday after all!

Naito says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  7. Shambles1980

Thanks Received:
    keep getting squiggly red lines under it no matter how i spell it so went phonetic "that's how we spell in welsh lol"
    but i did get 3 liters of de-ionised water for £3.90 which is pretty good.

8. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    You mean you got 3 litres? :peace:

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. Shambles1980

Thanks Received:
    lol.
    i will start saying 3000 ml

xvi says thanks.
  10. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Maybe the dictionary on his web browser is set to American English, it can be frustrating at times if you're not sure how to spell a word, and even the correct UK English spelling is being shown as wrong!

vega22 says thanks.
  11. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    For fear of derailing the thread (me again) I will be quick..... we really do live in the digital world if we blame a spellchecker for spelling errors!

Edit: Shambles, it's your thread, you can spell it how you like, although 3l might be easiest :)

RCoon says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  12. vega22

vega22

Thanks Received:
    2 litres is £1.80 in asda.

as others have said clear fluid in coloured tubes is the way to go. most colourants you add to the fluid will cause issues over time.

13. Shambles1980

Thanks Received:
    Well i couldn't find dye for a price i deemed reasonable. so I think I'm going just clear, (always have been clear. just fancied a change)
    I'm puting some green led's in the case though as id like to see whats going on.
    I really do need a bigger case than this ancient bag o crap i have. so that's going to be next on my list. (i think its a trendsonic wizard)
    right now the routing of the pipes is not something people would be proud of lol. but with the size of the case and my mounting options it is what it is.

i would like something in the water that can help me see flow. it makes me almost wish i had air in it lol.
    the pump should be fine to handle a flow meeter as well as every thingels i have in the loop, but its just an extra potential leak point as well.. That's why i was thinking maybe some coloured water would be easier to tell if it was flowing or not "visually"

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014