• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

G.Skill Adds Cherry MX Speed Silver Switches to its KM570 Keyboard Lineup

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
Ever-increasing its offerings within the KM570 and KM870 lineup of mechanical keyboards, G.Skill has recently put up a product page for yet another iteration of their KM570 keyboard: the Cherry MX Speed Silver equipped KM570, which joins the companies' offerings of Blue, Red and Brown Cherry MX switches.

The Cherry MX Speed Silver switches feature a shorter - and therefore faster - 1.2mm (as opposed to the more common 2mm) actuation distance with a light 45G switch weight. Constructed with a 50 million keystroke durability and a smooth linear key response as well as contoured keypads for greater comfort, the KM570's other features include macro support with on-the-fly macro recording, per-key lighting customization with seven lighting patterns, full n-Key rollover and 100% anti-ghosting technologies, as well as shortcuts for Windows functions, keyboard functions, media playback and volume control.

The RIPJAWS KM570 MX with Speed Silver switches comes in at $109.99, $10 more than the companies' Red, Blue and Brown offerings, and $10 less than the equivalent offerings with RGB lighting capabilities.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Contoured keycaps, Silver swithces, FFS they are MILKING this keyboard thing for every last drop!! Is this REALLY necessary? Am I the only one who just wants a properly SILENT switch (MX Silent doesn't count, because that name is a lie) that doesn't sound like I'm banging on plastic all day?! I really don't think I'm asking for much. Wireless would also be nice.