• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

3DMark Biased towards OC'd AMD?

System Name Darkside
Processor R7 3700X
Motherboard Aorus Elite X570
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx l240
Memory Thermaltake Toughram DDR4 3600MHz CL18
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX Vega 64 Gaming OC
Storage ADATA & WD 500GB NVME PCIe 3.0, many WD Black 1-3TB HD
Display(s) Samsung C27JG5x
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XL
Audio Device(s) iFi xDSD / micro iTube2 / micro iCAN SE
Power Supply EVGA 750W G2
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
Benchmark Scores Not sure, don't care
Ever since the 3DMark update that corresponded with the release of the AMD Omega drivers, and every update since, my HIS HD7950 3GB Boost in CFX lose all overclocking when using the Firestrike (performance) benchmark (W8.1 and W10).

My 2 cards are overclocked to 1100MHz/1400Mhz (stock voltage) and used to have a Firestrike score of 13212 and was better than 96% (now 93%) of all scores. Now, my score is 10505 (89%) regardless if I use stock frequencies or OC. OSD monitoring shows 99%/99% when running stock, and 98%/83% when OC'd. This only occurs in Firestrike; Games and Heaven both show 99%/99% when OC'd and the performance reflects the increase.

So what is going on? Is anyone else experiencing anything similar? Is nVidia doing what nVidia does an paying 3DMark to skewer results for AMD, or AMD throttleing Firestrike to show worse performance for their legacy cards in comparison to the 're-brands'?

For the record, I am not losing sleep over it. It is just one benchmark. But I am curious as to why, and if it's more than just my system.