• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A giant donut-shaped machine just proved a near-limitless clean power source is possible

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
A positive effect from on-the-surface-dangerous materials, is not unprecedented. The immune system has some mechanisms, that play off a little bit on this principle.

And as for "consensus", there is no consensus on the Earth being round (well, there probably is among scientists, if they value not being the most mocked scientist of modern times), despite how obvious it is that the Earth is round. I guess what I am saying is that the evidence itself is the most important, and the SIGMA level of certainty applied to it.

Though, I am surprised that we hardly seem to see that SIGMA level rating applied to many more scientific articles. I am just bringing that SIGMA thing up as a point of interest, because of the general discussion about evidence it self. I don't know much more about it beyond what I've mentioned here, but perhaps it is something we should be using more often when discussing all manner of scientific evidence.
If you're referring to 3 or 5-sigma, that's standard in any research worth anything. It's also the source of pretty much all disinformation, because when someone publishes something with a 5-sigma confidence (less than 1:1,000,000 chance of being wrong), a denier will go: "scientist are not 100% sure, here's what's really going on".