• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Abit Fatal1ty AA8XE i need to clear CMOS to boot

baztop3

System Name Gamer
Processor Q6600 Core2 Quad @3.0 Ghz
Motherboard XFX 780i
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
Memory OCZ 4GB (4x1GB PC2-8500C5 1066MHz SLI-Ready DDR2 Memory
Video Card(s) 2 X GeForce 9800 GX2 1024MB Quad SLI
Storage Weston Digital Raptor 150GB 1000RPM
Display(s) 27" HDTV
Case CoolerMaster Stacker 832
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply Coolermaster Real Power 1000w Modular PSU
Software Vista Ulitmate 64-Bit Edition
Hello, Iv got a problem with my pc the other day i went to switch it on pressed the power button and nothink happend so i unpluged the PSU and pluged it back in and the pc tryed to boot up it's self for aboult 3 seconds and then cut out. I repeated the same thing aboult 10 time and had the same result so checked everythink out all seemd ok so i cleard CMOS with the jumper and plugged the PSU back in and the pc booted up by it's self then i have to press F1 to boot to windows and all seems ok pc runs fine. So i shut the pc down and had the same problem have to clear CMOS to boot, once running i can reboot ok it's just when i shut the pc down. Also ive noticed the SYS fan that plugs in at the bottom of the motherboard dosnt work anymore but if i plug it into were the CPU fan connects it dose so there isnt anythink wrong with the fan.

This is what ive tryed so far iv fitted a brand new CMOS battery ive tryed new memory removed the graphics card and sound card and basically just checked all the connections and wires still have the same problem. The motherboard has a built in power on and a reset button neither are working press them and nothink happens it's as if the bottom of the mother board is dead the SYS fan plugs in at the bottom that dosnt work the power button at the front of the PC connects to the bottom that dosnt work and the built in power & reset bottons at the bottom dont work.

Any help much appreciated thanks..

this is the pc setup :

P4 3.6
Abit Fatal1ty AA8XE
7900gtx
audigy 2 zs
3gig DDR2 xms pro

Last edited: