• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Action-Packed Mech Combat Rolls-out at E3 with the Razer Artemis Concept Controller

Razer, the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware, today announced a partnership with Piranha Games and Infinite Game Publishing for the highly anticipated next installation of the MechWarrior franchise, MechWarrior Online. The collaboration culminates in the Razer Artemis, a concept controller crafted to give gamers a competitive edge as they stomp and destroy their way to victory in the dog-eat-dog BattleTech universe.

The BattleMech inspired Razer Artemis concept controller puts gamers into the cockpits of their favored hulking metal behemoths, fully immersed and focused on the dangers of the battlefield, claiming wins for their chosen Great House. With fully-programmable, fine-tuned controls, the ergonomically adjustable Razer Artemis concept controller makes piloting a Mech more efficient and lethal in combat.

"The original MechWarrior PC game franchise was a formative milestone for my gaming growing up," said Robert "RazerGuy" Krakoff, President of Razer USA. "When it was announced that a new MechWarrior Online was in the works, Razer was more than excited for the opportunity to collaborate with Piranha Games and Infinite Game Publishing. We're going to bring our own take to a concept controller that will pave the way for a new generation of robot destruction."

Russ Bullock, President of Piranha Games said, "It is my pleasure to work with Razer in designing an exclusive MechWarrior Online gaming peripheral. MechWarrior Online is a title that fans have been waiting a long time for, and allowing them the best peripheral options from the highest quality partners like Razer is something we're excited to offer. Fans of MechWarrior know how important precision controls are for their Mechs and we think this is going to be a great option for them."

Set in the year 3049 during the early stages of a massive interstellar war, MechWarrior Online puts you in command of the most powerful war machine to ever walk the field of battle, the mighty BattleMech. Command your Mech and customize it to suit your battlefield role; upgrade systems, replace weapons, and tweak armor with endless options.

For more information on the Razer Artemis concept controller, please visit www.razerzone.com/artemis.

For more information on MechWarrior Online, please visit www.mwomercs.com.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Oh man, do want sooooo badly, it looks great, not quite as good as the controller for Steel Battalion for the original Xbox but still.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Now, if the new Battlefield game is actually good, this is win.

It also reminds me of computer/console/whatever hardware from the early 80's. Very cool!

the spring seems unprepared... ;)

But concept is good. Similar to my G19 keyboard plus G940 HOTAS + Android tablet... hehe

Good to see joysticks are not totally outmarketed by kiddy gamepads...

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
i would never spend money on something like this but it looks cool. it needs two stick controllers though so you can use one to move the legs in a specific direction and then use the other to rotate the body.

it needs two stick controllers though so you can use one to move the legs in a specific direction and then use the other to rotate the body.

Exactly, much like the afformentioned Steel Batt controller. Speed and direction on the left stick, and torso/aiming on the right. The game will be somewhat of a disappointment if it doesn't get at least some rudimentary environmental destruction.

System Name Aryzen / Sairikiki / Tesseract
Processor 5800x / i7 920@3.73 / 5800x
Motherboard Steel Legend B450M / GB EX58-UDP4 / Steel Legend B550M
Cooling Mugen 5 / Pure Rock / Glacier One 240
Memory Corsair Something 16 / Corsair Something 12 / G.Skill 32
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT / AMD 6750XT / Sapphire 7800XT
Storage Way too many drives...
Display(s) LG 332GP850-B / Sony w800b / Sony X90J
Case EVOLV X / Carbide 540 / Carbide 280x
Audio Device(s) SB ZxR + GSP 500 / board / Denon X1700h + ELAC Uni-Fi 2 + Senn 6XX
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME GX-750 / Corsair HX750 / Seasonic Focus PX-650
Mouse G700 / none / G602
Keyboard G910
Software w11 64
Benchmark Scores I don't play benchmarks...
Looks sweet. Is that a touchscreen in the middle?

Also, I take this as a hint that I can dust out my old WingMan Strike Force 3D :rockout:

Yep it really needs a second joystick.

I also think it needs pedals(Like rudder pedals on an airplane) and those iron toggle switches SHIT LOADS OF EM.