• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

After market cooler for 1080

As stated above! Bought gtx 1080 zotac amp Extreme fitted with kraken bracket and aio Cooler(corsair 120mm), is anybody suggest where to buy?

Last edited:

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
Is the Kraken Hybrid cooler broken? Simply put i would keep using that.

You could try to see if it is compatible with Accelero III or IV, i have one on my 980Ti, with the fan at ~1300 rpm it rarely goes above 65ºC even now in summer when i get temps over 30ºC in my room( i hate AC ).

Note that AIB cards mostly all have different layouts and any aftermarket cooler must be designed to fit THAT card. Does the slected cooler mate with your card's memory, VRMs etc ? Or do you have to depends on fan cooling only ? And i agree, see nothing useful about the hybrid designs.

What's cooling the CPU ? If shy about a custom loop, I'd use a pre-assembled all copper AIO which is simply a set of custom loop water cooling components preassembled at the factory (by EK or Swiftech) . Then just buy a water block and connect it to the system. However, again, to make this work, someone has to make a water block for YOUR card. Checking EK, they just have a universal card .... no full color block.