• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Alienware Shows Off Concept UFO - a Portable, Tablet-like Mini PC

System Name Rectangulote
Processor Core I9-9900KF
Motherboard Asus TUF Z390M
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 280 + Eisblock RTX 3090 RE + 2 x 240 ST30
Memory 32 GB DDR4 3600mhz CL16 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) KFA2 RTX 3090 SG
Storage WD Blue 3D 2TB + 2 x WD Black SN750 1TB
Display(s) 2 x Asus ROG Swift PG278QR / Samsung Q60R
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Evga Nu Audio + Sennheiser HD599SE + Trust GTX 258
Power Supply Corsair RMX850
Mouse Razer Naga Wireless Pro / Logitech MX Master
Keyboard Keychron K4 / Dierya DK61 Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro
I don't think that many mouse-and-keynoard games will be optimized well for gamepads, let alone the ability to run in high quality on this gaming 2-in-1, unless of course they smack in Core i9-10980HK and RTX 2080 in a body that's at least one brick thick.

This isn't 2004, most AAA games are console ports and since the 360 and ps3 the pad support is omnipresent, not to mention Steam allows configuration for non pad games or programs like 360ce do the trick. You can play CSGO if you want or even Civ6 with pad. Moot point.

As for quality, depends on screen resolution, and no sane person thinks you will play ultra quality settings with this xD, still depends on the game. Like I said before, with a MX250 you can play some 1080p games decently and that's a bar on par with AMD and Intel top igpu offers.

There are many more games out there than AAA, that is what this device aims for.

Last edited:
We are talking about Alienware. This won't be remotely close to 500-600$, even if sanity demands that. Which is a pity.
I don't know much about Alienware's offer (not my kind of gear), but I looked at their prices and, honestly, have no idea what you mean.
M15 laptops are in line with what I'd expect - also compared to other Dell laptops with similar components (I have no idea about Alienware's build quality).
Maybe a toned down version with a 10th gen Celeron and a smaller screen would be more closer to that. But I would put my money on Microsoft pushing ARM Windows and CFW Switch than expecting a x86 portable gaming device with a reasonable price.
So here's a starting point from Dell:
Replace the screen for a smaller one, the keyboard for gaming controller, remove few unnecessary elements and put in the cheaper i5-1035G7.
There's easily enough space for $100+ savings and that brings us to the price range I've mentioned earlier.
Call me a kiddo (since I don't play hardcore/PC games), but I'd still pick Switch over this anyway.
The big question is: does Switch offer games you want to play?
There's a handful I'd consider (Diablo, Skyrim, Witcher, maybe some racing titles), but all of these are available on other platforms - cheaper too (Skyrim for $60? :eek:).
Switch exclusives aren't for me at all (it's a sea of Pokemons and some manga Final Fantasy clones).
I don't think that many mouse-and-keynoard games will be optimized well for gamepads,
Most games today are made with consoles in mind. They're perfectly fine.
Some are better with a mouse (RTS mostly), but keep in mind you're still able to use a keyboard and mouse with this handheld.
let alone the ability to run in high quality on this gaming 2-in-1, unless of course they smack in Core i9-10980HK and RTX 2080 in a body that's at least one brick thick.
That's a recipe for high-end 4K gaming, which makes little sense on such a small screen.
This concept has a 8" 1900x1200 screen.

This will be perfectly fine offering Xbox One S quality and today that's feasible with MX250 or (Vega 11, Ice Lake G7). No worries.
Switch uses a small Maxwell chip offering half of MX250 performance (at best).

Last edited:
The big question is: does Switch offer games you want to play?
There's a handful I'd consider (Diablo, Skyrim, Witcher, maybe some racing titles), but all of these are available on other platforms - cheaper too (Skyrim for $60? :eek:).
Switch exclusives aren't for me at all (it's a sea of Pokemons and some manga Final Fantasy clones).
Alright, get ready to cringe (?!) as I list the games I play/am interested in:
  • The only PC games I play are those card games included with Windows (i.e. Solitaire, FreeCell, etc.). PC games offering are just...duh.
  • For Switch, while I currently don't own one, any game featuring a plumber (as well as other characters in his universe, and maybe a pink living puffball that eats and takes abilities from enemies) are what I'll play on.
And while I do understand that emulation exists on PC, sometimes I prefer not to risk downloading the games from sketchy sites, let alone trying to find the games as the companies are quite furious about people uploading their games online.

Processor i5 750 4.2ghz 1.4V
Motherboard Gigabyte P55-UD4P
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 2X2G Gskill @2140 8-11-8-28-1T
Video Card(s) 2xGainward Phantom3 570@860/4200
Storage 2xWD 500G AAKS Raid0 + 2XWD 1T Green in Raid0
Display(s) 24" HP w2408h+23" HP w2338h
Case SilverStone Raven2E-B
Audio Device(s) onboard for now
Power Supply Antec 1000W Truepower quattro
Software Win7 Ultimate 64bit
I think it's cool looking, and I have a thing for gaming tablets.
Well, not for me I guess, i was never a fan of Alienware designs. Bulky and weird curves.

the sloped screen frame itself makes a person with light OCD like me wants to break this thing in half.