• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AM3+ Processor Support BIOS Updates Available for Several MSI Motherboards

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Multi-Threaded apps = Does Alright, but could have done better. 1
Single Threaded apps = Should have been MUCH better. 2
Overall, it's a great CPU, but in order for AMD to properly compete, they need to drop the price further to a more fair price range.3 Give AMD some time, they will figure it out.4

1) Really? How many reviews do you need to read where the chip is BEHIND at the same speed or faster to realize it is slower? 1, 2, 50?

2) See above.

3) I think we already covered this. It costs too much. We agree.

4) 2007 to 2011 wasn't enough time to figure something out? I wonder if they lost their wife's clitoris? They have been looking in her purse since everything else they lost is in there.

Imho, FX8150 is fun to oc. I got mine on Friday and up till now still fighting to find the best settings for xtreme cooling (no cold bug).
In restropect, it took me only half a day to find key settings on 2600K the first time I tested it. That was too easy....Find a 58X+ capable chip then you're done.

The only thing that made me sad (regarding FX) is up till now all the peeps "in the know" still silent about FX oc, not even try to release some kind of "K10 stats" oc utility to help oc FX like they did @ 8Ghz+ event:(

Last edited: