• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Announced as Starfield's Exclusive Partner on PC

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
This doesn't list which ones are sponsored titles by either company so I think you're comparing apples to oranges here?

Sorry where's the hubris in not caring about Nvidia seeding samples for review? All the reviewers just bought the cards & reviewed them anyway so frankly I don't really care if either company seed reviews with cards for review, it's actually better if they don't because then reviews can't be tempted to be biased in order to keep receiving free cards for review!

No one asked AMD why Bethesda didn't include FSR, they asked AMD whether they have terms that block competitor technologies in games they sponsor. Very different questions.

Edit: Oh also Starfield is going to be on Game Pass so I don't need to buy it.
If you looked you would have seen that the Games that only support DLSS are Nvidia sponsored. Especially the first implementation. Do you think developers of their own volition do the extra work to add that code to the Game? Especially when it was first introed? Does not sponsored in a technology tangent mean hardware and software exclusive?

Show me another card from Nvidia where ALL reviewers had to get their own samples? I am looking at the fact that they expected us to pay $500 for a card they refused to sample.

When the WIKI shows that Nvidia has been doing exactly that. Just because it's not the 50 Games that seem to be the only Games in the World that youtube talks about does not mean that it is not real. If Nvidia is telling AIB partners that they can't use the same nomenclature for AMD cards and should shun Intel GPUs. You better believe I can see them doing that. By the way are these people the SEC, FTC or in just Youtubers looking for clicks.

Gamepass: Now that MS has EA say a prayer for developers as Game pass may seem nice to us the users but cannot be good for developers trying to control their own sales. You could have a Game that everyone plays on Game Pass and the developer gets screwed because no one buys the Game. Now that they own everything but that is also fraught as you can buy DLC on sale on MS for a Game that you can play on Game pass but don't own and can't even access the files.

Processor Ryzen 9 7950X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E MPG Carbon Wifi
Cooling Custom loop, 2x360mm radiator,Lian Li UNI, EK XRes140,EK Velocity2
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5-6400 @ 6400MHz C32
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra OC Scanner core +750 mem
Storage MP600 Pro 2TB,960 EVO 1TB,XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB,Micron 1100 2TB,1.5TB Caviar Green
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DWF, Acer XB270HU
Case LianLi O11 Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Logitech G-Pro X Wireless
Power Supply EVGA P3 1200W
Mouse Logitech G502X Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G512 Carbon w/ GX Brown
VR HMD HP Reverb G2 (V2)
Software Win 11
If you looked you would have seen that the Games that only support DLSS are Nvidia sponsored. Especially the first implementation. Do you think developers of their own volition do the extra work to add that code to the Game? Especially when it was first introed? Does not sponsored in a technology tangent mean hardware and software exclusive?

If you will recall, when DLSS was introduced, FSR was not a thing. So that's not a stretch there to say that it only had DLSS because it was the only upscaling tech that was even existant at the time.

In the time since both technologies were a thing, vastly more NVIDIA sponsored titles included both (or even all three) upscaling technologies, while only 3 AMD sponsored titles (which, weirdly, happen to be Sony first and second party titles) include both DLSS and FSR.

It paints a weird picture. Add to the conversation the concrete statement from NVIDIA saying they never have and never will block competing technologies in titles they sponsor, while AMD gives a basic non-answer to the same question paints a further weird picture.

Last edited: