• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD ATI ?DELL? 6950 reference card flash fail

xerohour

I have very little info on what exactly model this card is and I have fucked up the flash on BOTH bios slots. (Im an idiot..) I have no clue where I could try and find stock firmware for it, I have fucked up the backup firmware already with RBE and I'm up shit creek.

Here is all i know about the card
This HD 6950 card was removed from a new Dell system. It was removed due to an unneeded configuration. This card has less than 5 days on it! It is a hard to come by reference model with the Bios switch on it to unlock and revert back to the default settings etc...in the event the flash has gone wrong. This is not a brand made card. It was built by AMD to Dell specifications for Alienware systems that allow the customers to unlock and overclock their systems. I have unlocked the shaders to test this theory. Actually it ran stable with the engine clock bumped to 900 MHz and the memory clock at 1450 MHz. The switch and bios was then set back to default and setting(2). Why someone would need to unlock or overclock this card is beyond me. It is fast and will run any game on max settings. To each is own I guess. It is a bare card (no documentation, drivers, accessories) and you will need to download the drivers from the manufacturers website. Also, before bidding make sure this card will fit into your case and you have the minimum power supply recommendations. It is 12.75" long with the bottom plate mounted. However, It is very easy to remove the bottom plate. This would save you approximately 2.5" in length. Making the card about 10.75" long. Other specifications are listed below. Due to the nature of unlocks and overclocks with this item, I will not accept a return. I will guarantee it as being in perfect working order upon delivery and have included a screen shot of the successful unlock.

I got it on ebay and tried to ask the seller what bios he used to flash it with but there has been no response.
Now I just want to get my card back to stock and Im fuckin pissed at myself.

I've tried multiple 6950/6970 bios and re-installed drivers multiple times. I keep running into problems installing drivers, like a black command prompt takes over my whole screen and only a blinking cursor appears.

here is what shows up in gpuz right now
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/eby44/

I could really use some help and guidance into what to do. :(

System Name Intel
Processor Q3740m
Motherboard Clevo P170EM
Memory TeamGroup Xtreem DDR2-667 MicronD9 3-3-3-8/GSkill 4Gb 1066Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD6870 Vapor-X/Sapphire X1950XT
Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500Gb + WD green 1Tb + WD Black 500Gb
Display(s) Asus LCD 22"
Case ThermalTake sViking
Audio Device(s) Realtek OnBoard
Power Supply LC Power Hiperion 700Watt
Software Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit
Check here... There is here a whole collection of HD 6950 2Gb BIOses!!!

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Check here... There is here a whole collection of HD 6950 2Gb BIOses!!!

Yes, use one of those. A stock visiontek or powercolor bios would probablly be best as they are the ones who most likely manufactured the card.

Use ATiFlash off of a bootable USB stick, not ATiWinFlash. With just the card you want to flash installed in the system, use the command C:\atiflash -f -p "newbios.rom"

"newbios.rom" = the bios you're using minus the quotes.