• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Looks to Keep Performance, Efficiency Gains Momentum With Zen 4, RDNA 3, and Commitment to Threadripper

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Except Apple is on 5nm now. 5950x and 5900x are simply paper launches based on what Newegg and B&H reported.

Newegg has no credibility with me, B&H only has a smidgen more, all Etailers are out for themselves and will embellish to suit their bottom line. The bot shenanigans do not help, but I believe AMD is intentionally holding back those two chips.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
The leading edge node for FinFETs are High Performance first, and low power really late.
N12e => https://n12e.tsmc.com/english/dedicatedFoundry/technology/N12e.htm
Didn't come out till this year, 2020.

FinFETs are always high performance first, and low power last. Hence, the high current and high mobility support and then trying to control it at later node revisions.

TSMC N5 is HP, they have yet to announce the -e suffix version of it so, thus LP is no where to be seen.
So to back that up why N12e I can't find anything and annandtech has articles on it. , afaik it's Lp, LP+ HP was for 14nm has been for 7nm regardless of transistor type , yes later revisions use less power but they're the higher clocking part's too see AMD, INTel et Al higher clocks each revision of process methodology.

50% of the credit should be given to TSMC for keeping the silicon manufacturing alive and improving.

Yes, they invested quite much of time and resources in cooperation with TSMC. The cooperation was probably beneficial to both (I mean from technology point of view, beside the obvious).

Intel is currently in the same position as AMD once, 'real men have fabs' - but what if those fabs fail to achieve?

It's very, very far from 'game over' for Intel, but they need to suffer several years for not upgrading architecture (AMD suffered from making a truly bad one) and having foundries problems - they used to be best in the world... Both Intel problems can be solved, and they can become (I'm not from the USA, but will avoid using 'great again' :) ) a magnificent inventor of revolutionary products and solutions, instead a lazy cash-cow with shady business practices.

But true, TSMC is greatly responsible for current AMD successes...