• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Responds to Ryzen's Lower Than Expected 1080p Performance

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Was on the hype train but after these reviews I got the 7700k; A little underwhelming
It can be underwhelming if bought into the hype train. Otherwise, it's a good chip. It's just not a win across the board. Right now, both Intel or AMD can be the better choice, but it depends on your typical workload.
Imho, even 8 threads is more than a regular user needs for a home systems (with exceptions, of course), so the interesting part will only come with Ryzen 3. If those can clock at 4GHz and be had for ~$250 (or less), things will get really interesting.

bug

Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Sure, you can't always use X threads. But the fact is, when majority of systems these days run crappy quad cores, thanks to Intel insisting on such design. With AMD pushing 8 cores and 16 threads so hard, things might and also will change.

Hehe, you must have forgotten the time when we all had quad cores and praying games will use a second core.
Availability of cores is not the issue here, multithreading is actually hard. And by hard, I mean expensive.

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
You know I feel like a "Don't worry we're working on it" would have sufficed. But they as a company have to stop blaming everyone else when this happens.

Instead of blaming devs they could simply say that "All of these titles were developed pre-Ryzen and as such won't be fully optimized for our brand spanking new architecture. We are working with major studios to alleviate the issue and hope to see better performance going forward as new games come out that have been developed with Ryzen in mind and new versions of our chips ship that are more gaming oriented."

That's all they had to say.

Instead they accused gaming devs of developing and optimizing ONLY for Intel, despite the fact that AMD has cpu's out and they are used for gaming. Without optimization and with the massive performance deficit between bulldozer gen4/vishera based chips and the intel offerings would have made gaming improbable on any AMD cpu.

Obviously the game devs had to be doing some optimization for AMD. Throwing them under the bus like that and then saying "but we're counting on them to fix it" isn't a great idea. "Let's piss off the people we need to fix the issue" is a great way to ensure Ryzen's 1080p performance remains lackluster.

Had they gone with my quote from above it would go over better and its more honest.

It's not. But it is, if implementing it means you'll only be covering 10% of the units out there. The fact we've been stuck on quad cores for so long, developers got kinda lazy in their comfort zone of 4 threads in mind. No one even bothered to use more threads to crunch physics and make CPU physics more immersive. Because up till now, those few of us with 6 and 8 cores just weren't worth the effort. But now with 8 core 16 threads CPU's going for only $499, it will change. Not over night, but certainly at accelerated pace.

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
It's not. But it is, if implementing it means you'll only be covering 10% of the units out there. The fact we've been stuck on quad cores for so long, developers got kinda lazy in their comfort zone of 4 threads in mind. No one even bothered to use more threads to crunch physics and make CPU physics more immersive. Because up till now, those few of us with 6 and 8 cores just weren't worth the effort. But now with 8 core 16 threads CPU's going for only $499, it will change. Not over night, but certainly at accelerated pace.
Have you ever developed/delivered a piece of multithreaded code? It's hard to write, hard to test properly and even harder to maintain. The number of threads hardly matters.

Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
Cooling Alpenföhn Black Ridge
Memory 2*16GB DDR4-2666 VLP @3800
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 XC3
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Pro, 2TB Intel 660p
Display(s) ASUS PG279Q, Eizo EV2736W
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
Because that's what most gamers have. You see here that people have GTX 1080 en mass, but reality is, most gamers have mid-high tier cards. It's why AMD focused on RX480 only the last round and it worked out great for them. Because that's what majority buys.
agreed, but at the same time, the same minority who has 1080s is the same crowd who buys 300+€ cpu-s.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
And lets be realistic, most people won't be running GTX 1080Ti or Titan X Pascal with these, meaning framerate differences to Intel will be minimal.

I think it will be a mix. I largely agree with you though. Since the 1060/480 segment is the most popular, most will be pairing these processors with that level of card, and probably a lot of 1070s too.

However, I'll say that whatever you pair it with the Ryzen processors aren't that bad at gaming, even if you do pair it with a GTX1080Ti or a Titan XP. And I'm sure there will be a good number of people buying GTX1080Ti cards and pairing them with Ryzen processors. The reason being that no one buying those cards is going to be playing at 1080p. And that is where people are going wrong. They are focusing too much on the 1080p benchmarks. The 1080p benchmarks have a place, they are done for a reason, I know that. They use the beefiest card/s possible, at basically the lowest resolution people are playing at, to limit the GPU bottleneck as much as possible and try to move the bottleneck to the CPU. The problem is that essentially becomes a synthetic benchmark to me. Because that is a scenario that will almost never happen.

Actually, $329. And it isn't that I think they got lazy. I think it is the same reasoning behind why Ryzen 1080 benchmarks aren't that reasonable. They are programming to the majority. The majority have 4-core or less processors. So that is what they program for.

Ryzen is going to force Intel to lower prices on their 6 and 8 core chips. So it isn't just that the AMD chips are reasonable now, it will make Intel's reasonable, and overall a lot more peoplegamers are going to be buying them.

Processor Ryzen 9 7950X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E MPG Carbon Wifi
Cooling Custom loop, 2x360mm radiator,Lian Li UNI, EK XRes140,EK Velocity2
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5-6400 @ 6400MHz C32
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra OC Scanner core +750 mem
Storage MP600 2TB,960 EVO 1TB,XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB,Micron 1100 2TB,1.5TB Caviar Green
Display(s) Acer X34S, Acer XB270HU
Case LianLi O11 Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Logitech G-Pro X Wireless
Power Supply EVGA P3 1200W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G512 Carbon w/ GX Brown
VR HMD HP Reverb G2 (V2)
Software Win 11
amd Ryzen has better gaming performance than intel (yes I said it - read few more lines before respond...)... lest say you wanna i7-6900K type of CPU performance (obviously your primary need is rendering and crunching, not gaming)... and then you want to game with same system... lets put that in numbers:
intels:
1000$ CPU (not a dime less for such a CPU performance)
300$ (cheapest X99 mobos)
600$ GTX 1080 (because most reviews used only these card for their Ryzen gaming testing)
lets asume that others (case, cooling, ram, psu, fans etc) are equall for both systems.
total = 1900$ (without others - that should be same)

amd:
399$ 1700X
200$ mobo
1300$ for one Titan XP or even two GTX 1080 Ti's

now we have 1900$ vs 1900$ system with similar CPU performance (for rendering and crunching - what is primary objective for CPU's liek these)... and which system will push more frames now? the one with single gtx 1080 or the one with GTX 1080 Ti's x2 or with Titan XP ???

Dumbass snobs got rekt by @techy1 comment

Here's my build from November of last year:

Intel:
6800K (yeah, I know, not what you posted exactly) - $380
MSI X99A Raider - $159
GTX 1080 (I already had this from launch day, with my previous setup.) - $650

Total = $1189

Before chucking out numbers, maybe want to check your facts. The motherboard alone you're just crazy pants. Now I would have liked to have waited for Ryzen launch, but after seeing reviews of day one, I'm OK with having my machine for 6-9 months before the bugs and issues get ironed out with the Ryzen platform.

System Name Daves
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard AsRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III 360
Memory 32 GiG Team Group B Die 3600
Video Card(s) Powercolor 5700 xt Red Devil
Storage Crucial MX 500 SSD and Intel P660 NVME 2TB for games
Display(s) Acer 144htz 27in. 2560x1440
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Corsair RM 750
Mouse EVGA
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Windows 10 Pro
Dunno why some are bashing AMD, I think they "FINALLY" got something to compete with Intel and at a decent price..

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
amd Ryzen has better gaming performance than intel (yes I said it - read few more lines before respond...)... lest say you wanna i7-6900K type of CPU performance (obviously your primary need is rendering and crunching, not gaming)... and then you want to game with same system... lets put that in numbers:
intels:
1000$ CPU (not a dime less for such a CPU performance)
300$ (cheapest X99 mobos)
600$ GTX 1080 (because most reviews used only these card for their Ryzen gaming testing)
lets asume that others (case, cooling, ram, psu, fans etc) are equall for both systems.
total = 1900$ (without others - that should be same)

amd:
399$ 1700X
200$ mobo
1300$ for one Titan XP or even two GTX 1080 Ti's

now we have 1900$ vs 1900$ system with similar CPU performance (for rendering and crunching - what is primary objective for CPU's liek these)... and which system will push more frames now? the one with single gtx 1080 or the one with GTX 1080 Ti's x2 or with Titan XP ???
What you actually meant to say is that, price to performance, AMD is better... indeed. Because if you strapped the same hardware to the AMD CPU (as best you could read: GPU and memory), it performs LESS in some titles with the same GPU compared to intel as we have seen in many reviews.

Remember, boost is only 2c/4t.

Dunno why some are bashing AMD, I think they "FINALLY" got something to compete with Intel and at a decent price..

Because they pissed on there own parade with a not ready for prime time platform. Really sending reviewers systems that hardly work is just screwing themselfs.

System Name Ciel
Processor AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus
Cooling ID-Cooling 224-XT Basic
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz@3933MHz
Video Card(s) Gainward Ghost 3060 Ti 8GB + Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 8GB
Storage NVMe Kingston KC3000 2TB + NVMe Toshiba KBG40ZNT256G + HDD WD 4TB
Display(s) AOC Q27G3XMN + Samsung S22F350
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Audio Device(s) Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 7.1 Wireless PC
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS-500W
Mouse EVGA X15
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11
You can't call gaming only results "hardly working". That's like saying a Xeon is a bad CPU for being bad at gaming.

Was on the hype train but after these reviews I got the 7700k; A little underwhelming

If your Intel option was the 7700k, it seems you weren't in the market for any of the AMD CPUs released thus far. 8 core/16 thread CPUs are targeted at individuals that work in a software environment that has embraced multi core performance.

No matter what the internet hype was in regard to gaming, 8 core CPUs are not targeted at gaming in the current single core environment.

Having said that, it is obvious that AMD has some work to do to create compilers to bring some games up to the natural performance levels that one would expect from chips that have similar IPC to Intel's eight core chips.

Only problem is that nobody will optimize current games for AMD.

Apart that tiny fact that making game from dual core to quad, hexa or octa friendly isnt "just like that". In many cases (FPS mostly) its near impossible. If we dont mind that even if it was possible you dont have that much to occupy those extra cores with. Sure you can probably have FPS that uses six cores. Only problem will be that one core will go to 100% load and rest up to whole freaking 5%.

Low-lvl approach (Vulkan, Mantle however is that called now) wont help, power aint there. By that I mean single-core computing power. And if its not there, you wont get more.

But IMHO these CPUs are great for that price and do we all really need top CPUs for gaming? Not rly.. Lately I could actually use 6 cores, so Im glad they made them.

Ryzen today is "pretty good CPU for pretty good price". If you want the best, sure buy Intel. But thing is, very few do need the best. There is Ferrari, Bugatti, Koenigsegg.. and majority of ppl drives something from Ford, VW or some asian stuff.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
Most reviewers are getting it wrong. I saw several stating that gaming discrepancies are due to single thread IPC... that's obviously false. Ryzen would be at least keeping up with haswell, but it's not in a lot of games. They also compared it directly to kaby without a mention of the several hundred MHz clock difference. I guess they don't even know what IPC is.

Clearly, there are bios/cpu/scheduling issues and/or the games are only meant to run well on Intel. Otherwise, they would be within a reasonable margin of 6900K. That is not happening except in some games in some reviews. The reviews are all over the place.

And why did I see big losses at 1080 in some games, but noticeable leads at 1440? That should be impossible. Shit is jank and needs to be sorted. Reviewers and AMD need to get their shit straight. This could be worse than all the stupid bulldozer reviews that were inconsistent.

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS APU
Motherboard BareBones Mini PC MB
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Crucial 32GB 4800MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 680M 8GB IGPU
Storage Crucial 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB Ext HDD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case Beelink Mini PC Chassis
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
I just LOVE it when people say things like "developers should optimize their games better" and "developers should learn to multithread their games better" as if it were stupendously easy and totally viable in every case. For big studios, they could probably do better, although most of them are working on old ass APIs and engines that are simply limited in scope, and switching either of these would seriously disrupt their workflow, which in turn would set them back on timelines and $$$. For Indie games, they don't need 16 threads. Most of them barely need two.

Alright then lets be stuck on quad cores for another 10years then

Processor i7 6700k
Motherboard Asus Z170 Pro Gaming/AURA
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 LTT Edition
Memory 2 x 16 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16-19-19-39
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX580 Nitro+
Storage 970Evo Plus 1TB + 850 EVO 500 GB + WD Red 3 TB + HDST 4TB + Seagate 6TB
Display(s) 2x Asus MG279Q
Case Cooler Master Haf 912 Plus
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex SF-650F14MG
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
I am glad on Monday a friend will receive his 1800x, and we will be able to compare it to my 6700k. I want to disable 4 cores on the Ryzen CPU and clock both of them to the same frequency, and then we will do some tests. I am really curious about the real IPC of both machines, and testing it myself is the best way to do this, even if I won't be able to disable half of the L3 cache on Ryzen.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
I am glad on Monday a friend will receive his 1800x, and we will be able to compare it to my 6700k. I want to disable 4 cores on the Ryzen CPU and clock both of them to the same frequency, and then we will do some tests. I am really curious about the real IPC of both machines, and testing it myself is the best way to do this, even if I won't be able to disable half of the L3 cache on Ryzen.

It is disabled.

Processor i5 4670K - @ 4.8GHZ core
Motherboard MSI Z87 G43
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 *(Modded to fit on this motherboard)
Memory 16GB 2400MHZ
Video Card(s) HD7970 GHZ edition Sapphire
Storage Samsung 120GB 850 EVO & 4X 2TB HDD (Seagate)
Display(s) 42" Panasonice LED TV @120Hz
Case Corsair 200R
Audio Device(s) Xfi Xtreme Music with Hyper X Core
Power Supply Cooler Master 700 Watts

Because losing by 10 FPS at already 140 FPS feels bad to them... They keep forgetting the price and the performance where AMD is giving run for the money to Freaking THOUSAND DOLLAR CPU.

System Name Skypas
Processor Intel Core i7-6700
Motherboard Asus H170 Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212X Turbo
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB + WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) LG 22EA63V
Case Corsair Carbide 400Q
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2 w/ Deepcool XFan 120
Mouse Logitech B100
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
Software Windows 10 Pro (to be replaced by 2025)

Because they're abroad the hype train expecting AMD to be flawless in every single way, except that is not what happened here with AMD's funky RAM implementation, barely-there overclocking headroom, just-like-the-old-days temp sensor, etc

Or maybe because they just love conflict no matter what happened

System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
Most reviewers are getting it wrong. I saw several stating that gaming discrepancies are due to single thread IPC... that's obviously false. Ryzen would be at least keeping up with haswell, but it's not in a lot of games. They also compared it directly to kaby without a mention of the several hundred MHz clock difference. I guess they don't even know what IPC is.

Clearly, there are bios/cpu/scheduling issues and/or the games are only meant to run well on Intel. Otherwise, they would be within a reasonable margin of 6900K. That is not happening except in some games in some reviews. The reviews are all over the place.

And why did I see big losses at 1080 in some games, but noticeable leads at 1440? That should be impossible. Shit is jank and needs to be sorted. Reviewers and AMD need to get their shit straight. This could be worse than all the stupid bulldozer reviews that were inconsistent.
Well said, that does seem to be the issue because otherwise alot of the programs and benchmarks they ran would be reflecting the same thing as the games. Its just going to take time for hte correct code paths to be adjusted for from AMD and the developers. Intel has been the main game for quite some time and this is a brand new architecture, everything will become more optimized in time.

I am not going to make any final judgments on which CPU is best for me at this point in time. I have put off any CPU upgrade decisions for another 2-3 months. Lets see how things stand then. Maybe too many conflicting points of data at this point in time. Will let the dust settle and check on the CPU scene after (hopefully) some clarity in 2-3 months.

amd Ryzen has better gaming performance than intel (yes I said it - read few more lines before respond...)

Only problem is you are describing a very niche market that is also $$$ limited.

AMD needs to (eventually) sell to 4 and 6 core chips to the average Joe and do so at a profit. It will be tough if the game performance leaves much to Intel.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
I think it will be a mix. I largely agree with you though. Since the 1060/480 segment is the most popular, most will be pairing these processors with that level of card, and probably a lot of 1070s too.

However, I'll say that whatever you pair it with the Ryzen processors aren't that bad at gaming, even if you do pair it with a GTX1080Ti or a Titan XP. And I'm sure there will be a good number of people buying GTX1080Ti cards and pairing them with Ryzen processors. The reason being that no one buying those cards is going to be playing at 1080p. And that is where people are going wrong. They are focusing too much on the 1080p benchmarks. The 1080p benchmarks have a place, they are done for a reason, I know that. They use the beefiest card/s possible, at basically the lowest resolution people are playing at, to limit the GPU bottleneck as much as possible and try to move the bottleneck to the CPU. The problem is that essentially becomes a synthetic benchmark to me. Because that is a scenario that will almost never happen.

Actually, $329. And it isn't that I think they got lazy. I think it is the same reasoning behind why Ryzen 1080 benchmarks aren't that reasonable. They are programming to the majority. The majority have 4-core or less processors. So that is what they program for.

Ryzen is going to force Intel to lower prices on their 6 and 8 core chips. So it isn't just that the AMD chips are reasonable now, it will make Intel's reasonable, and overall a lot more peoplegamers are going to be buying them.
I'd agree fully, I'm looking at all the reviews whilst owning 2x480 and a 4k monitor, are these reviewers taking the loss ,hardly any did resolution performance scaling tests and less still went 4k, enthusiasts by and large will buy these first ryzen and they won't be paid g them up with Vega or 1080ti attached to a 1080p monitor.

And as for blaming devs ,amd are stating facts, theirs is a NEW arch that needs some software optimisation to attain the full performance potential ,you bet and thank god ,because the sAme old shit wasn't cutting it for me I prefer my innovation to be both different and worthwhile and not just another 100 mhz bump, so yay back to you devs and engine devs ,while you're at that dx12 render path to take advantage of Moar cores do us all a favour, look into ryzen optimisation and possibly don't use Intel's compiler,as Ive no doubt its latest version will insist everything has to be 256bit aes encrypted or some such malougins.

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470 Pro
Cooling Arctic liquid freezer II 240
Memory 2 x 16 Gb Gskill Trident Z 3600 Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3060 Ti OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500 Gb / 860 EVO 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G513