• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Ryzen 5 Six-Core Processors to Launch in Q2-2017

Also even at 60fps I´ve seen benchmarks where Ryzen had way lower minimum fps than Intel, and minimum fps is what defines a good experience. So yes I was right from the beggining and I´m not anti underdog. I´m Pro Consumer. I don´t have to defend amd just because they are a lower budget company. That makes 0 sense and enter in fanboyism territory. I care about myself and my needs, not about a company.

Ryzen 7 might have lower minimum FPS on a freshly installed system with no other programs/tasks running, but you will have hard time convincing me that the i7 manages to keep the min FPS lead in all games on a real world system. That is, a system which has antivirus, browser, chat, etc. running. There will be FPS dips, and the more threads the game is using, the more severe they will be. Think about it.

Anti-Virus? Browser while playing? lmao. I close all my apps when I game because I Don´t need anything else. Also, a browser will use Ram, not CPU cores, unless you are playing 10 4k videos at the same time while you are playing. You talk like a 7700k is always on 100% usage and can´t handle anything else from games wich is completly wrong lol

Anti-Virus? Browser while playing? lmao. I close all my apps when I game because I Don´t need anything else. Also, a browser will use Ram, not CPU cores, unless you are playing 10 4k videos at the same time while you are playing. You talk like a 7700k is always on 100% usage and can´t handle anything else from games wich is completly wrong lol

Yeah, and you freshly install Windows before each play session.

With my post I just wanted to prove other readers that not anything is as black and white as the current Ryzen bashers want them to believe. I really couldn't care less about how you play your games.