• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Announcing Cybenetics Power Supply Rating and Certification Agency

Silverstone and Corsair will obtain these for sure. They are by far the highest regarded PSU makers next to Seasonic. Probably Enermax too. The rest seems to have dropped off the face of the earth almost entirely. Antec, Gigabyte and bunch of other brands will probably do it last.

Just found this:

That recent PSU released by Cooler Master made by Murata of Japan that carries a price tag of $1000, only received a Cybenetics quality rating of B. :roll:

https://www.cybenetics.com/code/pdf.php?id=9Xe (scroll down to the bottom)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...&cm_re=master_watt_mij-_-17-171-104-_-Product

I'll stick with my simple Seasonic 850watt that rated a Cybenetics A, and cost 1/5th the price of the Cooler Master PSU shenanigans. :p

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...m_re=seasonic_titanium-_-17-151-160-_-Product

Wondering why Jonnyguru.com and Oklahoma Wolf have so far opted out of involvement in this program? :confused: Maybe they just said no.

What do you mean "opt out"?

Tom's and TPU are involved because the program is run by the same guy that writes Tom's and TPU's reviews (Aris). TecLab is just promoting it. Not sure what "involvement" you think there is there?

What do you expect jonnyguru.com to do?

What do you mean "opt out"?

Tom's and TPU are involved because the program is run by the same guy that writes Tom's and TPU's reviews (Aris). TecLab is just promoting it. Not sure what "involvement" you think there is there?

What do you expect jonnyguru.com to do?

As a consumer, not seeing jonnyguru.com involved somehow when a new PSU rating system is created is disappointing and discouraging, not to mention disheartening. Maybe I assumed, the organizers would somehow contact your group for recommendations and/or input or direction or how to proceed and if I was managing the group I would want your involvement from start to finish.

Apologize if my message sounded as if it was assigning any irresponsibility, that was not the purpose whatsoever, more of a headscratcher as to why your name was not mentioned.

Thanks for the clarification.

Eagerly awaiting the Seasonic Prime 1000watt Titanium Review. :)

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
As a consumer, not seeing jonnyguru.com involved somehow when a new PSU rating system is created is disappointing and discouraging, not to mention disheartening. Maybe I assumed, the organizers would somehow contact your group for recommendations and/or input or direction or how to proceed and if I was managing the group I would want your involvement from start to finish.

Apologize if my message sounded as if it was assigning any irresponsibility, that was not the purpose whatsoever, more of a headscratcher as to why your name was not mentioned.

Thanks for the clarification, and thanks for stopping by. :)

There are a few good reviewers out there, and Aris ... well, just read his reviews. They're every bit as good as oklahomawolfs, and have more data to boot.

System Name KarymidoN TitaN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570
Cooling Custom Watercooling Loop
Memory 2x Kingston FURY RGB 16gb @ 3200mhz 18-20-20-39
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8GB
Storage Kingston NV2 1TB| 4TB HDD
Display(s) 4X 1080P LG Monitors
Case Thermaltake Core V71
Power Supply Corsair TX 600
Mouse Logitech G300S
There are a few good reviewers out there, and Aris ... well, just read his reviews. They're every bit as good as oklahomawolfs, and have more data to boot.

Check this. its a good explanation (Jump to 42 seconds).

System Name Shinobi XL
Processor 3770K
Motherboard MSI Z77A-GD55
Cooling Arctic cooling freezer pro
Memory 16GB (4x4) Samsung EcoGreen 1600mhz
Video Card(s) MSI R9 280X 3GB
Storage Sammy 850 Pro 512GB
Display(s) Hanns.G HL272HPB
Case Bitfenix Shinobi XL
Audio Device(s) Asus D2x / Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Hiper Type R 880w
Mouse MS optical 200
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software win 8.1 pro
I own a Prime titanium 650w SSR-650TD but I am confused with Cybenetics rating system it seems it isnt taking account of efficiency levels at 230V I see one line graph representing 230V (Pdf) and Cybenetics is doing all testing at 115V, does this not affect end results/ratings? at 230V efficiency seems higher

I do like the idea of the ETA and LAMBDA ratings (especially noise ratings), I bought mine based on Johnny's review

Processor Intel i7-10700K @ 5.1 All-Core
Motherboard Asus Z490 Prime-A
Cooling Custom Loop Dual DDC 360+280mm rads aquacomputer cpu and gpu blocks
Memory 32gb DDR4 3600mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1080
Storage 1tb A-Data M.2 nvme, 2x 512gb Samsung 860 Evo's.
Display(s) 2x Acer 27" 1440p IPS 144mhz displays.
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G3 850w
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard Logitech g710+
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Over 100,000 in 3dmark2001.
Hmm.... I'd like to find out how this company is funded. I have a feeling that they charge companies to certify their power supplies.

Btw... JonnyGuru has spoken on the matter:

Bunch of idiots.

And that iBruce guy is a regular Seasonic shill.

And what the fuck does he mean about "wonder why jonnyguru.com isn't involved"????

How does he expect us to be "involved"?!?!?!!?

I largely agree with JonnyGuru. Cybenetics isn't playing nice and has basically said to anyone who does reviews to close up shop, we own this town. Using a business model where you are making yourself the standard bearer, requiring every PSU manufacturer to pay you money to certify their products. I bet they'll even have shills commenting on traditional review sites articles asking why "Insert psu name here" doesn't have a Cybenetic certification, in order to push companies into paying up for it.

For me, a Cybenetics rating is just as pointless as the Gold, Titanium, etc ratings currently on power supplies.

System Name KarymidoN TitaN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570
Cooling Custom Watercooling Loop
Memory 2x Kingston FURY RGB 16gb @ 3200mhz 18-20-20-39
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8GB
Storage Kingston NV2 1TB| 4TB HDD
Display(s) 4X 1080P LG Monitors
Case Thermaltake Core V71
Power Supply Corsair TX 600
Mouse Logitech G300S
Hmm.... I'd like to find out how this company is funded. I have a feeling that they charge companies to certify their power supplies.

Btw... JonnyGuru has spoken on the matter:

I largely agree with JonnyGuru. Cybenetics isn't playing nice and has basically said to anyone who does reviews to close up shop, we own this town. Using a business model where you are making yourself the standard bearer, requiring every PSU manufacturer to pay you money to certify their products. I bet they'll even have shills commenting on traditional review sites articles asking why "Insert psu name here" doesn't have a Cybenetic certification, in order to push companies into paying up for it.

For me, a Cybenetics rating is just as pointless as the Gold, Titanium, etc ratings currently on power supplies.

i think you didnt understand the point of Cybenetics, Remember techpowerUP? that amazing site who reviews PC Hardware with Great Quality. Cybenetics is pretty Much a TPU Certification of PSU quality. If you don't trust the CYBENETICS Certification you basically don't trust TPU PSU Reviews, because its the same GUY, the same EQUIPMENT, the same TESTS.

That's not how it works. :D

Aris isn't "partnering" with anyone. He has a MASSIVE lab of his own. In fact: His house is a lab with a bedroom attached. He doesn't NEED any "partnership". He does, however, have our (jonnyguru.com and other review sites) support. That's the best thing anyone can offer him.

You can't have this thing as a data aggregate from multiple sources (i.e. review sites). It needs to be consistent methodology using the same equipment each time.

The problem with 80 PLUS is that they've had the same methodology for 10 years. They can't update or improve it because that would negate everything they've tested prior to any such updates. They're stuck. But, then again, they're not really in the business of testing for anything but efficiency. That's their goal. Not performance. Not build quality. The problem is, as someone previously mentioned, people mistake efficiency for quality. There's Gold units that aren't as good as some Bronze units, for example. And it's not a "small minority" as someone else stated. MOST PEOPLE believe this. I just came back from a trip to S.E. Asia where I met up with a bunch of retailers and almost every single retailer and their customer thought that Gold was better QUALITY than Bronze. Platinum is better QUALITY than Silver, etc. Mostly because of a lack of proper reviews in their native languages.

So I think this is a good thing. Any kind of PROPER database (proper unlike those God awful "tier lists") is a step in the right direction for educating the consumer.

And I bet you can't wait for that Prime 1000W review... you Seasonic shill you!!!! (I'M KIDDING!!!!!! ;))

Word^^^. And though it may be a step in the right direction. It's a baby step at best. Why?

Efficiency ≠ Quality or Performance

Quality and Performance = King

Lambda/Noise levels = Nothing important to functionality, performance, and/or build quality

System Name Games/internet/usage
Processor I7 5820k 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS X99-A2
Cooling custom water loop for cpu and gpu
Memory 16GiB Crucial Ballistix Sport 2666 MHz
Video Card(s) Radeon Rx 6800 XT
Storage Samsung XP941 500 GB + 1 TB SSD
Display(s) Dell 3008WFP
Case Caselabs Magnum M8
Audio Device(s) Shiit Modi 2 Uber -> Matrix m-stage -> HD650
Power Supply beQuiet dark power pro 1200W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Win 10 Pro
Word^^^. And though it may be a step in the right direction. It's a baby step at best. Why?

Efficiency ≠ Quality or Performance

Quality and Performance = King

Lambda/Noise levels = Nothing important to functionality, performance, and/or build quality

For you that might be the case, but for me personally, i would rate noise levels far more important than performance.
That is the nice thing with this rating system, we get a consistent benchmark to compare products and can then make a informed decision.

Silverstone and Corsair will obtain these for sure. They are by far the highest regarded PSU makers next to Seasonic. Probably Enermax too. The rest seems to have dropped off the face of the earth almost entirely. Antec, Gigabyte and bunch of other brands will probably do it last.

Wonder if Superflower would opt in for these